Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

07-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)
Post The Oddfather, Part I

Had a chat wih Splat, and now I start this new RPG!

The Oddfather, Part 1

In the dark recesses of Nolybab City, crime runs riot. Gangs, crooks, mobs and outlaws cause havoc to those few law abiding citizens. But every one of them answers to one: the Oddfather.
Head of the Mudosian Mafia and based in Nolybab itself, the Oddfather has his fingers in every illicit pie on the continent (so to speak). Everyone knows who he is, yet he continues to project a legitimate front to hide his dealings. This Glukkon dresses in a black tux and white shirt, smokes only the finest Lungbuster cigars, and selects the finest villains from the gangs himself to join his Mafia. He is the only person on Oddworld who can gain an uninvited audience with Lady Margaret herself, and live to tell the tale. Everyone important has gained from his actions, and also lost a fortune to him. Respected by all, he is also hated by most. This is why he also has the largest bounty on his head in recorded history, ten times Maggie’s gabbit lung reward. Contributed by a hundred businessmen, the Magog Cartel, Vykkers Conglomerate, Sekto Industries and all the others for the ultimate reward.
Step into Nolybab’s sordid criminal underworld. But will you be looking for his bounty, or a job? Join the mafia, or hunt the greatest prize of all. You decide.

Background
The mafia is mostly made up of sligs, Wolvarks and outlaws, but they all wear black suits or tuxedos. They also carry semi-autos and blitz packers. Lower level gangs are mostly outlaws, though other species are also involved, but remember- these are urban outlaws. They will have different clothes and weapons. There are also plenty of car chases in expensive black cars, loan sharking, gang wars, punishment of whole slums-the works. Nolybab has docks, warehouses, sewers, slums, banks, everything. Think old New York or Chicago, but modern technology. I would imagine that all this will sort of grow and expand on its own. Set after all the games.

Rules
The usual rules apply. Sensible, understandable posts, write like you would a story:
"You part of the family, now, eh?" said the Oddfather
Not
Oddfather: You part of the family, now, eh? *Suddenly Oddworld exploded for no adequately explored reason* ! k1ll U n0www haha!
NPCs, "randoms", are fine to flesh out posts and add realism, but keep your main characters central. You can be part of outlaw gangs, the mafia, bounty hunters, lawmen and "innocent" Nolybab citizens. Like the Albino Scrab won’t be found until the end of the RPG, or ‘til the plot takes a brand new turn, the Oddfather won’t be finally captured for a long time, unless he will be soon broken out afterwards. Until then the bounty hunters and lawmen must compete with the lower level gangs and the activities of the mafia. Only the gang bosses and mafia goons can meet the Oddfather face to face. Finally, these are the only characters in the mafia at the start, whoever plays them must "promote" others as they see fit.

Cast
These are the essential characters (the Oddfather and those closest to him). Whoever bags them first gets to play them, though I think they should be played by experienced RPGers.

The Oddfather
Name: ??? aka Don Glock
Species: Glukkon.
Height: Approximately seven feet.
Official occupation: Some kind of businessgluk ("ask me no questions, I tell you no lies, and maybe we get you your own pair of clamps, eh?")
Equipment: Cigar lighter, stylish tux, global crime syndicate.
Bio: Took over from the old Oddfather when he died. Old Oddfather died when the new one killed him. Nothing happens in Nolybab City without him knowing about it. Of course, if he didn’t know about it, he wouldn’t know he didn’t know about it, so this claim is highly suspect, though know one says so. Not after what happened to the last guy who did. Ugh! Anyways, the Oddfather is filthy rich, incredibly shrewd, and may well be the true power behind the governing bodies of Mudos. Don’t tell anyone I said that, he only bribes people important. He has an incredibly loyal slig valet who is his arms and hands; it is suspected that he has had Vykker "surgery" to suppress his free will. His two closest and most trusted goons are always told everything, and have no reason to betray him, or any desire to. Not after… well, you get the picture. That was one trip to the canal neither will ever forget. But they are part of the "family", as is anyone who becomes involved with the mafia (in anyway that does not involve the "toothy end"). Essentially, don’t get on the wrong side of the Oddfather unless you are really good enough to take him down and his goons and contend with the corrupted and bribed legal system. And each goon is like an SW boss.

The Oddfather’s Valet
Name: Wha…?
Species: Hmm… (Slig).
Occupational hazard: … *drools* [having your brains sucked out, apparently -BM]
Equipment: … (Lighter, pants, mask, semi auto.)
Bio: …Errr… [See, this is what happens when you cross the Oddfather -BM] This guy comes in the Oddfather package, meaning whoever gets Don Glock also gets his valet.

Significant Goon #1
Name: Knuckles Andwige
Species: Outlaw.
Variety: "Hammerjaw" (Booty-esque)
Occupation: Ass-kicker, goon, Knuckle cracker (not always his own)
Equipment: Wrist-mounted pneumatic power puncher, Rocket Launcher, semi-auto.
Favourite food: Fuzzle Pie
Favourite drink: Pudweiser
Bio: Nameless goon with a name. That makes him a named goon, automatically giving him his own health bar. Odd help anyone who find’s himself up against this guy. Knuckles was never one for subtlety, but had to learn to be in order to get this far. A long time has passed since Don Glock plucked one promising young go-to man from Sekto Industries, and first put him to work driving the getaway vehicles and jacking the import trucks. When it was discovered that Andwige could hold his own in a fight, and had a knack for getting information from victims, he earned the nickname "Knuckles" and an unfortunate phoenetic in his name.

Significant Goon #2
Name: Goonie McGoon
Species: Outlaw.
Variety: Fat, bald, yellow outlaw (Castaraider-esque)
Occupation: Goon, bouncer, truckjacker, goon, shark, "debt collector", bodyguard, hired goon.
Equipment: Semi-auto, baton, flamer, goon stick.
Favourite habit: Gooning
Favourite pastime: Gooning
Favourite saying: "All right! Time for some gooning!"
Relaxation technique: Foot massage, after a good day’s quality gooning.
Most overheard remark: "Did somebody order a goon?"
Job Satisfaction? Yes.
Bio: A goon, and proud of it. However, do not mistake him for a one dimensional character! His personality has many layers, all of them goon. He also has hidden depths (or so they say). Most consider him a goon. Still, he is very good at his job, and feared by many for his quality of gooning, and is also very good at poker. And, you guessed it: scrabanian poetry. Goonie fell into this job quite by accident, he was vying for a place in the Mudos Poetry Association, that rare thing: an official, non-violent Oddworld Organisation. However, On the way he encountered one Mac the Spoon, one of the Oddfather’s original goons. By helping out in the most innocent, yet stylish way, Mac offered him a job. He fell in love with gooning, and soon cast his old name to the wind as he took on his own imaginative title. The rest, as they say, is Goon History.

Right, when we have these guys, one bounty hunter and one petty gang leader we can start.

07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Lord Vulcher
Boombat Seeker

: Feb 2006
: Planet Atroid
: 614
Lord Vulcher  (10)

Very funny. You're good at mixing different characters into one name.
07-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Right. Okay.

You gonna join or what?

07-04-2006, 01:07 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

OMG i must join at once!

Name: Bacon.
Species: Slig
Occupation: Slig Popper, but found a blitz packer vendo and couldn't help himself. A local member of the Mafia, very secretive, but the Oddfather knows all, so he can't really be that secretive now can he?
Biography: Bacon is a member of the Mafia in Nolybab. Loyal to his employer, he knows not to get on the bad side of the Oddfather, or he might end up the the Valet...

Last edited by E'l Scrabino; 07-05-2006 at 12:21 AM..
07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

This is screaming out "Join Me!"

Bio:

Name: Relta
Species: female Oktigi
Host body: Vykker
Equipment: enough weapons, arms, legs, computer
Backstory:Was born in Nolybab, wandered around the land for much of her life, looking for something to entrepreneur, then settled down in Nolybab. Along her travels, she encountered a Vykker with a price on his head and found his body useful. A bit of a cyber-freak.

Last edited by magic9mushroom; 07-04-2006 at 08:48 PM..
07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Mudoko_Jedi
Bola Blast

: ausralia
: 433
Mudoko_Jedi  (10)

HI

Name: Kreager
Race: Outlaw
Weapons: Duel six shooters and a shotgun.
Equiptment: Old brown suit, lung buster cigares, binoculars, napalm grenades and a lockpick.
Occupation: Is in a lower gang called the Nolybab ratz and is known for stealing snoozers and selling them for big bucks.
Biography: born in paramonia and was dumped by his parents, when he grew stronger he killed the sligs on a paramite hunt and drove off to the biggest place on the map, Nolybab. He joined the Nolybab ratz when he was found laying drunk on the streets, a member of the Nolybab ratz took him in and because the leader Pongo was an outlaw he let him join.

El'scrabino the best damn scrab on oddworld.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...herMudSig2.gif
quote by marge simpson: We just saw the most amazing cammel...it was wearing a hat!!!!!

07-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

This sounds interesting, I might join. Do you mind if I "bag" one of those significant characters? I don't think the Oddfather himself would suit me, but if it's alright I'll take on Significant Goon #1, Knuckles Andwige. If not, I'll come up with my own character.

07-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Take him! He's yours.

I'll make my character soon.

07-05-2006, 04:27 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
Take him! He's yours.

I'll make my character soon.
Take the Oddfather, since you made the thread

07-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

Sorry it took so long, but I went camping and I thought of great idea of a guy. He will be sort of like the villian to Nabylon. My only worries about him is that he is some what agressive and will try to kill a whole lot of people.

Name: Turf Ilbe
Speices: Ogtiki (I wasn't copying, Magic9mushroom)
Sex: Male
Height: I can't really measure, but he is a bit smaller than Sekto.
Occupation: Terroist to any Magog Cartel city, building, or factory.
Equipment: Nothing, really. When he gets a host, he will have this space filled.
Appearance: Dark blue skin, orangish yellow eyes, and has features of a normal Oktigi.
Bio: Where to start. Turf could remember a time where Magog Cartel factories had Oktigi excutives. In fact, his parents had been managers of Slurg Barns. That was until Lady Mageret became angry with the Oktigi.

She was mad that her sons were losing jobs to puny creatures, that could take over anybody, and kill anybody in a second. She didn't trust her cousins in controlling Magog Cartel factories, building, or even being mayor in Magog Cartel towns. So she banned them from the factories, and said that any Oktigi willing to be in a Magog Cartel town, could only be citizens.

When this happened, Turf's parents became furious. The couple would lose their job over prejudious anger. They tried to make peace with Lady Mageret, but she just had them considered outlaws. Sligs shot them down in less than an hour. Turf's brothers and sisters were also killed, when Sligs searched their parent's factory. Turf was injured, but survived by landing in a small pond, when he flung himself out of a window.

Turf desperatly wanted cold revenge. He waited unnoticed by the outside Slurg Barns sucurity, until he found out that the factory was controlled by Glukkons completely. Once he found that out, he decided to make his move. Turf took over a Big Bro Slig, and shot down anybody that was in his way. Even Mudokons that did nothing to him. Being so strong, he was able to get into the factory's control center and shut down the security alarms. Next, he was able to blackmail a Mudokon to get into the Boilers, and turn the wheels so much, that the factory would blow. Turf had to kill the Boiler's security for the Mudokon to not to be killed before he had to do, what Turf told him to do.

Turf escaped the factory before the factory was destoried. He snuck himself onto a Feeco Depot train for his get away move. However, he left his host back at the enterance of the Slurg Barns, for him to die. The train was able to leave before the factory was wiped off from Oddworld. With some really great luck, the cable for the train was what that was left of the factory.

Turf used the Feeco Depot station to access other factories and became a terroist of seven different factories. But on his eighth trip to another factory, his host was killed by an Intern, and he flew off into a forest. Luckily, he survived and had tried to find an ocean. When he did find one, he had been searching for a new host. One on dry land. One who can help him end the Glukkon reign and bring the Oktigi into power.

Well, what to you think?

Last edited by Slaveless; 07-08-2006 at 02:42 PM..
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Soul-Storm
Chippunk

: Jun 2006
: Today Earth Tomorrow Oddworld
: 30
Soul-Storm  (10)

Can you be wildlife? ill make my wildlife character if not, just say.

Name: [has no name]
Species: Scrab
Weapons: Only brute strength
Bio: Lost in the streets. Longing for an owner. There was one incident qhen it was 3 its mother took it here. The mother left it.
Nature: Vicous nature.

07-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Hm, I would have to say no. Mainly because it doesn't seem to go into the plot. Sorry.

07-08-2006, 02:05 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

E'l Scrabino  (94)

Yeah, no nature. Otherwise that's what i'd be! Nah, i've always wanted to play a Slig in a mafia...

:
Well, what do you think?
I think it is awesome stuffs!

Last edited by E'l Scrabino; 07-08-2006 at 02:08 AM..
07-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

I've been away for a bit, and will be going away again soon for a week, so I won't be able to post much for a little while.

Soul-Storm, any wildlife here would probably be vermin: a few live ammo, maybe the odd fleech. I suppose that there could be a scrab, but it would be better if it were a pet of some boss, like Jabba's rancor, or Sekto's Glocktigi. But yeah, it doesn't seem to fit here right now. Try him in The Albino Scrab.

I'm only ever here half the week, so me being the key character maybe is not such a good idea. So:

Name: Rackleg
Species: Hunchback outlaw, tusken (like F.H. Floyd)
Appearance:Wears blue shirt like the semi-autos, will a striped hat and a brownish jacket. Goggles up on forehead, over brim of hat. Has a metal shoulderpad protecting his left shoulder only, and metal kneepads.
Equipment: Semi auto, Grappling hook, knockout tazer (Mr Shocky) and paramite-silk rope
Bio: Once the proud lacky of the Lockjaw Kid, in the Loco Motivs gang of Mongo Valley. After being bagged, he escaped when the jail was destroyed by his old gang out for his blood (amoung other things), he eventually took up bounty hunting.

07-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Hm, I like your profile BM. Very creative, and since your describative writing is always nice to see. Can't wait to see your new posts.

Also, when are we going to post? Are you going to let us post some time soon?

Soul Storm, it would be sort of more fitting for a Scrab in TAS (The Albino Scrab) since the story has changed as that the wildlife are the heros. Unless you make your character a pet of a mob gang, like BM said, like Sekto's Gloktiki pets.

07-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

He was actually a character from the story I am writing, in which the aforementioned incidents occurred. He is not the main character.

How many peeps have we got? No one's got the Oddfather yet, when someone gets him, we start. Or you start, I may not be here.

Last edited by Bullet Magnet; 07-15-2006 at 12:37 PM..
07-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Ooo...very interesting thread, BM...Perhaps...I shall join...

NAME: Ken
RACE: Mudokon
WEAPONS: A simple silver pistol
EQUIP.: Large tattered brown overcoat, optional silencer attatchement [pistol], and a packet of toothpicks.
BIO: In the dusty town of Boontown, far off of the mountain borders of the Mongo Valley, crooks in vile formations hang around the crooked shanty town.
Leader of their own gang, simply called "Mafia", the notorious leader, Ken, leads his own band of terror among the poorest of the Boontownians, even barganing peoples limbs, such as the town's negotiator, Al the Vykker.
Merciless and cruel, he is known only to run the town in amock and terror, sometimes even lead the gang in to streetfights with lowly peasents.
With his terrifying glare, discolored teeth, and weirdly-formed mohawk, he roams the streets, and looms the darkest of alleyways, in search for the freshest prey.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Okay... so he then comes to Nolybab City, right?

07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah...pretty much.

My main page ^^

07-08-2006, 11:06 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

E'l Scrabino  (94)

Heh, your character is from your fan fic, DE.

07-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yup...pretty much all of 'em are.
We're ready when you are, BM.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 07-09-2006 at 01:42 PM..
07-10-2006, 04:10 AM
Mudoko_Jedi
Bola Blast

: ausralia
: 433
Mudoko_Jedi  (10)

Kreager watched the East st. bar from his hotel window, an annonimous tipster had told the NSSU (Nolybab Slig Security Unit) that he was to be in the bar at 10:30 pm. It was 10:27, Kreager watched patiently waiting for the sligs, then VROOM!! A black van with yellow letters sayin NSSU on the side came screeching to a stop out front of the bar. 10 sligs jumped out of the black van, 2 stood on either side of the door, 1 was holding a small metel battering ram in front of the door the other 7 were waiting behind him with guns at the ready. The sllig with the battering ram slammed the door down, the sligs went to go in but then.....BOOM!!! a firery explosions came hurtling through the door and all the sligs were burnt or blown to peices, the van crashed to the ground crushing a slig behing it.

Kreager walked out the door of the hotel and pulled out one of his revolvers. He strode up to the rolled van and dragged the half dead slig driver and pumped 3 shots into his head. Bang! thats all Kreager heard before falling unconcious.

When Kreager came round he was in a small prison cell with a bucket in the corner and a thin dirty matress which jumped off as soon as he smealy it.

El'scrabino the best damn scrab on oddworld.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...herMudSig2.gif
quote by marge simpson: We just saw the most amazing cammel...it was wearing a hat!!!!!

07-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

OOC: That's a nice beginning, but maybe we should wait fer BM to start it )

My main page ^^

07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

This sounds really good, so good that I want to join in. Bearing in mind I haven't RP'ed since Hobo was the RP mod, this is quite an achievement.

Name: Lloyd
Species: Chronicler
Appearance: Quite tall, wears a pinstripe suit and hat, usually has a cigarette between his lips
Weapons: Semi-auto
Equipment: Briefcase, counterfeit moolah, cigarettes (he dislikes Glukkon cigars)
Bio: Lloyd works for Don Glock and has done ever since he realised he could earn a better living from the mob life than he could as a magog cartel accountant. He's very good with money and mathematics and also enjoys gambling. He helps in the running of protection rackets, debt collection and the production of counterfeit money. He always returns to the mafia headquarters with his briefcase full of moolah, wether it be fake or genuine. As long as there's money to be managed, he's loyal to the mafia.

07-11-2006, 02:57 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

I'll take the Oddfather if noone else will...guess this is going to end up like W@RF.

07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Wow... This is an honer to have such a prized RPGer! Welcome aboard, Rich!

I could do Oddfather, as I have done evil before. Yet maybe Molt doesn't count, since he is just crazy. Maybe Kivay... But nah, it's too much for me. I already have too many ideas for Turf and not enough for the Oddfather.

07-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

But it still leaves the question on when we're gonna start this?

My main page ^^

07-11-2006, 09:52 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

E'l Scrabino  (94)

Whenever BM is ready to start i guess...

*wait impatiently*
C'mon already!

07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I think he's doin' it just to make us all ancey and impatient...

...:grabs battering ram: Who wants to join me?

My main page ^^

07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
we start. Or you start, I may not be here.
I believe we're allowed to start without him.

:
Wow... This is an honer to have such a prized RPGer! Welcome aboard, Rich!
Lmao. That amuses me.