04-13-2001, 10:56 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: Apr 2001
: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)
Paramonia in MO, its possible, check it out

Sydney pointed this out to me, so I figured I would post a topic about it.

Ok, I posted a rather large tree huggers pic from Oddworld Web below. If you look closely, in the top left hand corner...you will see the Paramonian Temple! No, its not one of those towers, it really is the temple. Paramonia has to be the coolest place on Oddworld. I really hope we get to see it in 3-D!!!! What do you think?

04-13-2001, 10:58 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention...Do you know the trees in paramonia? The evergreens that are everywhere? Well, that picture is full of them. *crosses fingers* I really love Paramonia, OI, Take us back!! Give us an Elum, and point us torwards Paramonia.

04-14-2001, 12:00 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Paramonia is the best location on Oddworld there is. It would be fantastic to be able to go inside the Paramonain Temple - in 3D. At least we know that the temple will be viewable.

I think those "watchtowers" look great, too. I wonder how you get up inside them?

[ April 13, 2001: Message edited by: Sydney ]

04-14-2001, 12:33 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Yep, there it is. If it is in MO, I wonder why Munch/Abe would have to go there? I would love to return to Paramonia in 3D but I can't think of any reason to return. Only time will tell!
04-14-2001, 01:25 AM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

I wonder if the levels are so big in MO that you can walk all the way to the temple or if it is just a background image that is alway in the distance?
04-14-2001, 01:29 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

I bet it will just be far in the background. But...Raisin or somebody could be there. Or..We know Elum will be in MO, but where will he be? There could be a lot of reasons to go to Paramonia. Sam could be there...I bet shes in some huge industrial factory full of Vykkers though.

04-14-2001, 05:27 AM
Yemmling
Stingbee

: edina, MN
: 82
Yemmling  (11)

i think the two best place in abe 1+2 were paramonia and the slig barracks(love them crawlers)....and i have a feeling that vykker's pharmesciuticals will be just as cool. as for paramonia...that pic is a prietty obvious guess that we'll be there. we know that elum will visit us (glee)....and as for getting up into those towers...id guess via a crazy-ass mudoken rope ladder.

04-14-2001, 06:56 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

That's cool. I didnt notice that in the Tree Huggers picture.

Paul O'Connor said that we are going to get back to Rupture Farms in MO. I'd love to visit Paramonia again, now in 3D, of course.

About those watchtowers, they maybe use platforms, as we are used to see in Abe's games.
04-14-2001, 07:57 AM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

Paramonia will be revisted, that's 99.9% sure in my opinion. Reason, look at those screens, those are MO screens.

Pacen you were wondering why Abe/Munch would have to return to Paramonia. Well just think of Munch's abilities, swimming, the control of machines. You see in the first two games Abe went threw sections best suited for his individual talents. Remember all those backdrops, way beyond the actual gameplay areas, those are places the game developers can set up for new gaming experiences,you can go to these now with Abe and Munch with the new 3D world set up.

The towers for sure, It's probably the main section in Paramonia, you'll have to fight and sneak and think your way to the tower, using both Abe/Munch abilities to your advantage.

Dont forget, its 200+ hours of gaming. You will now see all what you loved but in 3D, the way it was meant to be.I think we shall see a few familiar areas in full 3D now mixed with new areas within our favorite areas of the two previous games.

And all that will probably only encompass 10-15% of the entire game. With 200+ hours of game, trust me you aint seen nothing yet. There will be 10 more Paramonia type great sections in the game that we can only dream about now.

There are still something like 40 more Characters/creatures yet to be introduced for MO.

Its in 3D, that tower will be something you can walk around, for sure. The only things you may not go through or around are mountains, walls, chasms, quicksand etc... Dont forget the tower may be locked, or have a secret passage you must get to to gain entrance.

Bottom line is the game will be better than we can even imagine now, 70 or so characters, 200+ hours of gaming, surprises will abound. I cant wait for E3, tons of news will be coming our way. I belive we know only a Quarter of what we will actually be playing. Bring it on now, I'm in the mood for MO.
04-14-2001, 09:51 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Yeah, I too am pretty sure (and hopeful) we'll go see Paramonia. This place seems to be more of a plaain than a forest though...but notice those tree stumps:

Remember tho AO manual says something like: part of Oddworld's vanishing wilderness. So maybe it too has started to vanish and it's up to Abe and Munch to bring the trees back up (like in the video) to put all those freed Fuzzles, Meeps and Meetles in.

04-14-2001, 05:23 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Ya, im pretty sure that we will see some temples. N-E-Ways, IM PISSES!!! IM A STUPID SLAVE AGAIN

04-14-2001, 06:04 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

Heres what I think...I think that picture is right outside of Paramonia, where the Mudokon tribes are starting to develop it for their own use. I doupt they would do much harm to it...but if they were on the outskirts of Paramonia, I'm sure there would be a few Elums running around.

Also, Dan or Paul..I cant remember, but they said we would see large herds of Elum in MO. Maybe they gather around the Mudokon village outside of Paramonia. You can also see Alfs Rehab over on the right.

As for those towers, maybe meetles drop mudokons off up there.

04-16-2001, 06:33 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

I made a screenshot of the Munch's Oddysee main page, at Microsoft.com (I hope they dont mind )

Can you notice this big structure, to the left? It looks pretty much like the Paramonian Temple...
04-16-2001, 07:03 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

i think that is the temple lampion. But if you notice to the right of it, in the background, theres a tower like the one Abe threw a slig out of in one of the videos...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-16-2001, 07:46 PM
iliodd
Thudslug

: Toronto
: 156
iliodd  (11)

Wait... the Tree Huggers pic is from Hand of Odd, so it's not certain that we'll go to Paramonia in Munch...

04-16-2001, 08:23 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

i really liked paramonia even though i dont like paramites that much. i think illiod is right and you will get to see paramonia in hand of odd.

04-16-2001, 08:33 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

That does look like the Paramonian temple...but it looks like its kinda torn down. Isn't it taller than that? Well, visiting the ruins of the Paramonian Temple would be cool too.