Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

06-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)
Native A couple of drawings:

Okay, so actually, one sketch, and a drawing that I copied
[NOT traced] from 'JTHM: directors cut.'
I love the first pic...it was Jhonen Vasquez who came up with the original drawing/character....I just drew one for myself.

This sketch is something I just doodled out...gives you a rough idea of the kind of stuff I doodle....although my 'serious' drawings are often compared to that of Rob Zombie....I have none of my 'serious' drawings here, though. This sketch took me about 5 minutes, and I rather like it. A bit out of proportion, but eh, who isn't?

Not the best...but I'm not out to impress anyone.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

06-14-2002, 02:35 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)

Awesome. Those drawings are twisted! I was about to say that I can totally see the Jhonen Vasquez influence in your work... then I realized you mentioned him. I want to see more original stuff. You have an amazingly disturbing style of drawing... it reminds me of my artwork. PLEASE SHOW MORE!

P.S. I wish I had a scanner... then I could show everyone my work. I think you would get a kick out of my character Dray Kyulla... he's kind of like Ni, except he is a vampire. Now that their is a seperate, non-oddworld, art section these types of pictures don't bother me any more.

P.P.S. If it is not to much trouble could you draw me a slightly demonic platypus?
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

06-14-2002, 05:33 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Those are scary! I like!

I haven't heard of Jhonen Vasquez, though. I'd like to see some of your Rob Zombie-esque work.

06-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Aye, they are scary, but that's all the better because I assume that's what you were trying to convey! If so, then you have succeeded, and that's definitely a good thing. I like your attention to detail, it really makes your pics come alive. Keep it up!

06-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Apr 2001
: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

Ooh, very good. Like them a lot. Great detail and shading... The second sketch is really cool, and the first one is a nice, er, replica (?) of Vasquez's work...

For all others, look at my avatar, and see more Jhonen art in action! :P
06-16-2002, 05:33 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Wow, I wish I could shade like that...

Oh, and my avatar is also some of Jhonen's work... and it's better than Dylan's.
06-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Apr 2001
: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

:
Originally posted by SeaRex
Oh, and my avatar is also some of Jhonen's work... and it's better than Dylan's.
Hey, Dave's admitted to stealing my avatar for other forums... Not yours, mine! He stole mine! So na na na na NA!
06-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Heh.....well, when you're a forum whore like me, you need to look good doing it! So, I decided to steal Dyl's avatar...since I love that particular pic of Nny....I'm actually not too fond of Zim sorry luke. I think it's even worse than the B.A.C....and that's not good. By the way, be on the lookout for spooooooky cartoon versions of my 'real life' friends, and a couple of the forum users! YAY!
ah yes, and thanks for all the kind words and praise. I was a bit aprehensive about posting any of my so called 'art'..but I'm glad I did.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

Last edited by Disgruntled Intern; 06-16-2002 at 10:18 AM..
06-29-2002, 12:37 AM
VykerSawBones
Boombat

: Mar 2002
: In the middle of Nowhere
: 223
VykerSawBones  (10)

lol......i dont think you made that up because it looks like the guy with his face choped in Hanibal but its ok.........
06-29-2002, 01:00 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Pretty cool! You're a very skilled artist!

(I wish I had a scanner, too. I don't draw stuff like that; more of cartoon freaky purple haired martians named Jimbo, cartoon robots, and other aliens. I can draw realistic pictures if somebody wants me to; I just like cartooning better.)