Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
OWF - The Untold Legend

Well, like I said in Nemo's email scam/'What 007 character are you" topic, I am making a parody of OWF simply for fun and watching you all suppress your laughter by snorting into your hands on the hidden camera embedded into your computers.

Any suggestions or idea should be PM'ed if they have something to do with the plot or how I should portray you; I will always answer them. Comments or suggestions on how to make the writing better can be posted right in here!

And so we go.

PROLOUGE

Before you look into my magic ball of tales, weary traveler, there is something you should know. This ball rarely tells of heroes; indeed, it shows you the average lives of average people. This ball does not show you noble deeds; it shows you the common ones. This ball is not like the others you have read about in magical books and legends. This ball would rather show you the laughter, the tears, the joy, the sadness, and the happiness of the mundane.

So, if you are expecting an epic to rival those of King Arthur, or talk of love found, and then lost, or of the quests worthy of Merlin's journal, do not read any further. For the story you will see in my magic ball will most likely be dull; at least, compared to the knightly tales of The Round Table.

You will continue? Very well (do you hear me sigh?) Just gaze into the void within, and let your mind drift toward infinity...

CHAPTER ONE - DAWN

"Mitsur, get up!" The three words went through the slopper in his head, making it come out strangely. Meme, gwet wup!

"Leme 'lone." he mumbled. He didn't want to wake up; his alarm hadn't even gone off yet! Still, the unknown waker continued.

"Mitsur, wake up!" Mitsur was getting annoyed. Why should this jerk wake him up? He was nice and comfy, under covers at just the right temperature, and here this idiot dared to wake him up!? The nerve of h-

A swift kick to the stomach ended Mitsur's righteous anger in a hurry. He groaned, and rolled over, cracking his eyes open as he did.

Everything hurt his eyes, and then the pain faded, as did the slight blurriness as his vision cleared up. Snuzi's head faded in, like a cheap hypnotizing effect.

"Geez, for being here for over 5 years and having three times my post count, you take forever to wake up!" Snuzi said down to him. For a moment, Mitsur's ears were out of sync, so Snuzi's voice rang down with the imperative tone of God talking to His followers.

"What time is it..." Mitsur questioned, but his voice started to trail off toward the end from lack of energy.

"It's six o' clock! Just enough time for a light jog before the sun comes up! I've taken the liberty to get all you fatties up and at 'em so you don't turn into the Subway poster-boy, except before he ate the food."

Mitsur, who had lost interest at the words six o' clock, was gently and happily drifting back to sleep when Snuzi buffed him over the head with a pillow.

"Come on! We don't want to waste any more of this bee-utiful day!" Snuzi said beautiful as if it gave him immense pleasure to say it.

Mitsur responded by punching him in the face, which knocked Snuzi out before he hit the floor. "That gave me immense pleasure to do..." Mitsur said, then fell back asleep.

Snuzi didn't come around until ten in the morning.

When Mitsur did voluntarily wake up, it was nine o' clock. Groaning, he ripped himself from the bed, and threw on his usual clothes. This meant yesterday’s clothes. He stumbled like a zombie to his bedroom door, tripping over Snuzi's unconscious form, and walked into the door twice before finally realizing he should open it. Grasping the fake diamond knob, he twisted it and pulled the door back.

"Hey, look guys! Mitsur got to sleep in!" Arxryl yelled out the words, pointing dramatically at him and the door. Everyone in the room (which was pretty much every user, since they had all been woken up by Snuzi) looked at Mitsur.

He swore and dove back into his room just as everyone lunged for him. The door slammed into SeaRex's face, Max the Mug got his hand caught in the frame, and Munch's Master managed to grasp Mitsur's arm. He gouged at it until it released him, opened the door slightly then banged it on Max's hand until he let go, and had to give SeaRex a purple-nurple before he could properly close the door, and lock it.

Various hostile shouts were coming from the other side of door, such as "That little bitch!", "I'll get him!", "I'll kill Snuzi first!", and "Hey guys! Look! I found a nickel!"

Mitsur didn't think it would be a good thing to come out for awhile, but he felt absolutely famished. Like most intelligent people, he decided to climb out the window and hopefully avoid the angry mob. Unlike most intelligent people, Mitsur did not realize it was a ten-foot drop down from the window.

Luckily, when Mitsur carelessly jumped out without looking, he landed right on Al the Vykker, who had nothing on but a towel.

"Ooof. Is it parachute-without-a-parachute day already?" Al grunted out. "'Cause I'd love it to be, because then I wouldn't feel obliged to rip your stomach and feed it to Majic to increase his power."

"Sorry, Al. But look on the bright side! At least I didn't get hurt! You're a real pal."

"Yeah, I’ll show you pal. PAL: Painful Agony-filled Love." Al muttered, and then walked off.

"Hey Al!" Mitsur yelled to him as he walked away.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you wearing nothing but a towel?!"

"I dunno. It just felt right."

Dumbfounded a bit, Mitsur shrugged and then snuck around to the front doors of OWF. He was about as stealthy at a garbage truck. Still, everyone was too busy trying to break into his room to notice. In fact, they had already broken through the cheap wood door, and were beating Snuzi into unconsciousness, which, because he already was, defeated the purpose.

Mitsur opened the front door, where the enthusiastic (if slightly creepy-sounding) voice of Havoc greeted him on the usual welcome chime everyone got from opening the door. People hadn't elected Havoc to do this, he decided to do this. Unfortunately, until Xavier could figure out how to get rid of the tiger guarding the circuit box, everyone would have to put up with it.

"Is this thing on? Test...Test...oh. Hello, and welcome to Oddworld Forums! Were the deeeer and the antaloppppeee plaaaaayyy." As Havoc broke into song, Mitsur winced, and covered his ears.

He followed the lushly-padded carpet of the entrance hall to the cafeteria, where Rex Tirano was serving her home-made breakfast, which looked like some kind of combination of oatmeal and frosted flakes.

"Hi Mitsur! Wanna try some of my oatmeal flakes?" She asked cheerily, in her usual sugary voice.

"Um, why n-" he was cut off in mid-sentence as a large spoon filled with the stuff was thrust into his mouth. Mitsur suppressed a gag as Rexy gazed earnestly at him. He forced a smile as he chewed.

"Oh...yeah, this is the greatest stuff I've ever tried! So good, in fact, I...I think I'll let everyone else have the privilege of trying it. I'll have some more later." Mitsur's eye's scrunched up involuntarily, but, taking it as tears of ecstacy, Rexy beamed, and skipped off, holding the pot of oatmeal-poison in her arms.

Mitsur rushed over to the water fountain the minute Rexy left, cleaned his mouth out multiple times, and, mouth free of the horrible taste, went up to the breakfast buffet Alcar had been blackmailed into giving everyone. He got himself some milk and a croissant, and then walked toward the table near the back of the room, just in case the angry mob of forum members got hungry and came in.

There you guys go! Chapter one is now posted publicly!

Let the comments commence! And, don't forget, PM me or post here on how you want to be portrayed! I'm going to try to put all the people I can think of into this at least once!

Plot ideas or suggestions should be PM’ed to me, as well.

And to those who have read it, yes, the first few lines are based on the first few lines of The Stand by Stephen King. The prolouge is based on the Coda of the seventh book of The Dark Tower Series, also by Stephen King.

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 12-13-2006 at 06:52 PM..
12-13-2006, 06:58 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

Wow, I have no idea what happened so far, but it seems good

And why did you knock me out?

12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

For comedic value, what else

Don't worry, we'll all have some good parts.

Wrex.

12-13-2006, 07:16 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Haha awesome, dude. I can't wait to read more

12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Hey, this is great!

12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Awesome story man, I really like how you added the humor to the story.
How 'bout adding me to the story?

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

12-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Haha that made me laugh~!! But I demand a retraction, my cooking is not that bad. XD

- Rexy

12-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I’m a bit miffed my hand got crushed. I’d much rather be leaping onto nothing‐but‐a‐towel–​wearing Al. Mmmmm. Still, I enjoyed reading this.

12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

LOL It's 'bout time someone wrote a story about this forum! Well, good luck to you! And I love the humour!

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Awesome. However little I was portrayed, I think I would be saying that...

Good job!

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

12-14-2006, 05:17 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Heh, thanks for the comments, guys. Remember, if you would like to be portrayed differently, or have any suggestions, post here or PM me them.

If I’ve already shown you, and you don't like how I do, I apologize profusely while crossing my fingers behind my back. I portrayed you as I did for comedic purposes, and in no way does in hold my actual view of you.

{Insert other protection crap here}

And now, the moment you most likely have not been waiting for, chapter 2!

Hobey-ho, let's go!

CHAPTER TWO: NOON

"You know, I think that snoring into a glass of milk isn't good for your intestines."

Mitsur looked up from his glass of milk, the liquid dripping down from his nose to his chin and onto the table. His eyes were scrunched up, and for a moment couldn't make out who was talking to him. Then his eyes adjusted.

"Hey Nemo."

"Hi."

"You don't like me very much for hijacking your topic, do you?"

"Nope."

"Eh."

"I think I should have let you drown in that stuff." There was a long, uncomfortable pause, until Mitsur spoke up again.

"You know, I wasn't really asleep in it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I was actually trying to blow bubbles in it with my nose."

"Wow."

"I know."

Nemo nodded gravely in return, and turned. Then we walked away. Mitsur, a bit throw off-balance at this seemingly normal conversation, looked at his plate of food. The croissant was gone, and his milk had turned a nauseating shade of green.

He shrugged, and got up from the table, leaving the plate and glass of milk, where, an hour later, it would be cleaned up by Mac The Janitor, who, like always, would be swearing about his name and the responsibility he had been given for it.

Mitsur left the cafeteria, and almost collided with Abe16, who had some kind of turban on, with a huge, completely fake green emerald mounted into the cloth.

"I AM OZ THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE!" He yelled, flailing his arms out in a magnificent way.

Mitsur groaned, and smacked his head. "Why did you have to look at the I have just seen... topic, Abe? Why?"

Abe did not respond, but rather ran off, yelling out who he was in a mighty voice. Mitsur sighed, and then continued walking, wondering what had happened to the angry mob. Then he decided it would probably be best if he didn't know.

Gearing himself up for a tough day of posting, he headed for the office area of OWF. He walked down the hall, which, thanks to Alcar's strangely god-like powers, was infinitely long, each door having the name of an OWF member on it.

Heading down the hall, he squinted his eyes at the solid-gold door with the word ALCAR emblazoned on it. The damn huge amount of bling on it just about blinded him. The door swung open as he passed it, and Alcar poked his head out.

"Hey mitsur!"

"Wait, how did you know I was coming by?"

"Oh, you mean you haven’t found out yet? I've got these hidden cameras all over the place. I mean, they're so small, even the girls haven't noticed them in their showers ye..." Suddenly realizing he shouldn't say anymore, lest Mitsur force his way into the room to see for himself, or get enough information to tell, he changed the subject.

"So, uh, what's going on with you?"

"Actually, I've got a bunch of questions. Why can't I have a gold door? Where'd you get those cameras? Are the cameras only in the girl's showers? Are you secretly spying on men? And why is this hallway so damn long?"

Alcar blinked, and then thought for a moment. "Because I'm an admin and you're a spaz. At the black market. I'm not at liberty to say. Maybe. Because I want it to be like that." he answered in chronological order. Mitsur also blinked.

"'Kay."

"Seeya, Mits."

"Don't call me that."

"OK, Mits." Alcar slammed the door before Mitsur could lunge at him. Swearing, Mitsur headed to his door.

Finally coming to it, he gazed fondly at the metal plates with the cardboard sign with MITSUR written on it. He grasped the handle, and pulled. It was locked.

"Wha...?" Mitsur was cut off in mid-word as a dart shot out of the hole in the R from his sign. It struck him in the neck, and Mitsur was knocked out.

Briefly, before he passed out, he wondered what would had happened if he
hadn't been blowing bubbles with his nose earlier.

"Wakey-wakey, sleepy head!" A voice called out. Mitsur struggled to open his eyes. Finally, the dimly-lit room came into focus. He became aware he was tied to a chair with what appeared to be Trolli gummi worms.

Mitsur looked up. Right into the face of Nemo. And, standing behind him, looking flabbergasted was skillya_glowi, looking regretful. Mitsur had only one question.

"Was it because I cast you as Hobo's bitch?"

Nemo nodded, and Mitsur sighed.

"Do you always have to hang onto such petty feelings? You know, Hobo'll be pretty mad when he finds out you took it as an insult."

Nemo nodded again, and then seemed to realize he was supposed to be questioning Mitsur, not the other way around.

"I should've let you drown in that milk." he said.

"I told you I wasn't sleeping in it! I was seeing how good my nose could blow bubbles in it!" Mitsur said, faking being frustrated.

Behind the chair, he was reaching for the mouse that was, for some reason, always in his back pocket. Then he felt the wet spot, and realized he had crushed it when he was knocked out. That's when things became ugly.

Nemo produced a permanent marker.

"Now," he said crazily, "I'll make you look just like the jerk you are! Skillya, hold him."

Skillya, looking frightened but determined, positioned behind Mitsur and leaned over.

"Just hold still," Skillya whispered. "I've triggered the beacon; everyone will be here soon."

Mitsur gave a barely audible grunt, and Nemo kept coming, a look of greed and excitement on his face. He leaned down, and Mitsur shut his eyes, unable to watch his beautiful face be defiled by a grease-marker.

KA-BLAM! The door on the other side of the imploded, and Al The Vykker (still with nothing but a towel on), SeaRex, Arxryl, Rex Tirano, and Snuzi rushed into the room, each of them holding a rubber chicken. Snuzi had a boombox in his hand playing the A-Team theme song.

"DON'T MOVE, DIRTBAG!" Al yelled, one hand holding the towel, the other brandishing the rubber chicken. SeaRex rushed toward Mitsur as Nemo raised his hands, and leaned over. He gnawed through the Trolli gummi worms binding Mitsur's hands, and Rexy slapped Nemo with her chicken, producing a sqwaunk sound.

Skillya, by now, and started to gummi-worm Nemo's hands behind his back.

Mitsur stood, rubbed his hands, and stretched.

"Thanks for saving me, guys." he said.

Arxryl snorted.

"You thought we came to save you? We just didn't want Nemo to beat you up first." Then he advanced on Mitsur.

Shakily, Mitsur raised his hands in a karate-pose.

"Don't make me use my kung-fu powers on you guys. You've seen what I did to Old and Not So Tasty. I hit him twice before I started to cry from the pain in my hands."

Havoc suddenly rushed in.

"Did I miss the Mitsur-beating?" he asked breathlessly.

SeaRex said, "Nope, you got here just in time. My nipple still hurts; but I'm gonna give Mitsur two of what he gave me!"

Then Max the Mug ran in.

"All right, I'm not too late!" He said, and grabbed Rexy's rubber chicken.

Rexy bitch-slapped him in return.

Max clutched his face.

"Ow! What was that for!?"

"Nobody grabs my chicken without previous consent!"

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Hey!" Snuzi said. "You leave her alone. You should have brought your own rubber chicken to beat Mitsur up with!"

"Shut up, Arnold Schwarzenegger-wannabe! You made me exercise when I could be researching Oddworld stuff!" Max yelled back.

Snuzi took off his gloves.

"That's it! Bring it on, librarian-man!" he screamed, and lunged at him.

Max reached out calmly, fingers extended, and gave Snuzi a devastating double-eye poke in mid-air. Then he round-house kicked him in the stomach. Snuzi flew backwards and slammed into the wall, ten feet away. He was knocked out, once again.

"And that," Max said, "Is why someone should never underestimate an encyclopediast."

"Great idea!" Nemo said sarcastically. "Just one thing."

"What?" Al asked, confused.

"Mitsur's gone."

Everyone looked around, and, indeed, Mitsur was gone.

"AFTER HIM!" Arxryl yelled, and everyone took off after him.

That's it for ch. 2! Sorry if it didn't seem as funny as the last one, but don't worry, ch. 3 will be chock full of hilariousness.

Wrex.

12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Haha, please make Al drop the towel. Just for a second.

And Peter is no Peeping Tom! He just wills the clothes away. XD

- Rexy

12-14-2006, 05:26 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Knocked out again!? What the hell, dude!? Just wait until I write my own randomly thought-up fic...you'll be sorry.

Anyways, it's looking good, although the randomness is still throwing me off. I don't even know what this is about exactly, but that's okay

Great job

12-14-2006, 05:27 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Holy crap! Good comments 5 mins after posting! Thanks guys!

(See prolouge snuzi)

Wrex.

12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

See if anyone can make up something like that about a multi-million-member forum. That's why we're BETTER!

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

12-14-2006, 05:35 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

We sure are

You know what, mitsur? You should include the people who were a-holes on the forum. You know, like the people who ended up getting banned or leaving. The could be the villains

12-14-2006, 05:38 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

But having evil Nemo is so much fun...

Ah, don't worry. Pretty much everyone will have a moment to shine.

And, i'm very sorry to anyone who wants to be in this but hasn't been shown yet. I'm trying to get everyone in!

Wrex.

12-14-2006, 05:41 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

True, but think about how much fun it'll be to have that AFOS person as a villain

12-14-2006, 05:55 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Or Lord Vulcher - My favourite forum idiot.

(Fun fact: He kept braggin on about that Doctor Who forum he had created, and was walking around here trying to be the big boss. My favourite part was when he said to Havoc, "You are one step from being banned from my forum" about something that didn't even happen there! So what I did was, I created about two or three accounts and went on a spamming orgy on his forum. It was so much fun, but all of my posts ended up being deleted, save for three, which he left to stick around to ban me. My second account got banned after 2 posts I think)

-ILoveHammy

Last edited by skillya_glowi; 12-14-2006 at 05:58 PM..
12-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

You stole my idea! Well, sort of. Mine didn't involve bringing the forums into a corporeal state... but I've already said too much.

You have my permission to use my name for your nefarious purposes. So long as there will be no guns- I hate crossfire.

12-14-2006, 06:20 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

It's so funny how we're all getting sucked into this story.

12-14-2006, 06:29 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

And thus the hypnotism of seeing yourself in another's story does it's work.

Wrex.

12-14-2006, 06:45 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

It sure does. It's just very entertaining to read

500th post, whoo!

12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Hah! That was too funny, 'specially when you protrayed me,

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

12-15-2006, 07:47 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

Definately a great story and idea! I wanted to do a comic about the everydays of OWF, but I didn't finish it. Still, this story is fun to read, continue as soon as possible.

I guess you should describe members as you see them, not the way they tell you, mitsur. It's more fun this way.

12-15-2006, 07:49 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Yeah, I agree. You should describe everyone as you see 'em. That'd make it an even more interesting read

12-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

This is ace!
Though your constant misspelling of the word 'prologue' is starting to stress me out a little.

(And you better have a good reason for not putting me in the first two chapters!)

12-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Goresplatter
Spark Stunk

: Feb 2006
: I'm in space.
: 388
Goresplatter  (102)Goresplatter  (102)

This is awesome, and I think it'll turn out to be even better later!
Will PM a possible portrayal for if you plan to stick me in it XD

12-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Too funny! I like what you've done with it so far! great job!

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

12-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Haha! Hilarious idea! Keep it up. I wonder what kind of crazy situations I'm gonna be in in the next chapter XD.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.