Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

03-25-2006, 07:23 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

The doctor patted off his white coat as he looked up to Charger.
'I'l help you, but then I want answers to my questions...' he bargined.
Charger chuckled in a sarcastic manner.
'First fix my arm up, then you might get your answers.'
The doc nodded, then took a closer look at Charger arm.
'I am doctor Oran, by the way,' he said. 'And what happened to your arm anyway?'
'Little accident at Uber Dam...' Charger mumbled.
Doc. Oran looked up to him.
'You were at Uber Dam? What were you doing all the way out there? And how did you get here so fast?'
'Would you stop with the damn questions already?! We got here by car okay! Now get to work!'
'Yes yes... ofcourse...'
He took a few minutes examening Charger's arm, then came to a stunning conclusion.
'It's broken...'
Charger had trouble not beating him into a wall again.
'No shit Sherlock...'
'You'll need some small surgery to fix it up again, after that you'll be able to use your arm pretty quickely again.'
Charger grinned. At least that was good news.
'I'l try to rally up some co-workers here at the hospital to do this quietly,' Doc. Oran said. 'If word gets out you're in the hospital we'll be in big trouble.'
Charger nodded.
'Sounds like a good idea.'
The doctor gestured him to a diffrent door and opened it.
'Lets get going then, the faster we do this the better.'
Charger looked back at Art for a moment.
'I'l be fine from here on, Arthur. Go back to the truck and get the others to savety. I'l catch up with you guys eventualy.'
Then he stepped trough the door and closed it behind him, leaving Art in the room.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Dave was amazed and more than a little terrified at the height they flew. As they went he took in the land below. It was quite a view. He thought he saw something below, looking back up at them. He couldn't be sure - his eyes were good, but not that good.
When they landed, he climbed off carefully. When Pseok offered to fly him back down, Dave said, "Uh, whatever. Wow. Uh, no, we can just chill here for a while."
---
"Uh, my name is Streak," she said to the cats. "I guess I'm from the circus. Or I guess, a zoo. Whatever. It's not important. Tell me more about this Cats Secret Place. I'm curious."
---
"Shit," Art mumbled. "Way to leave it up to me to sneak a tiger, two Anthros, and a couple of talking cats into town."
He said you just had to get them to safety.
"I know what he said. But where else is there?"
Somewhere outside town. The mountains, maybe.
"I suppose. I'd better get a move on."
You do that.
Art made his way out of the hospital and began his return to the truck.
---
Fisher opened his eyes. He was in a secluded cave at the base of a mountain near Golden Valley. He had been manipulating D'Angelo's thoughts for a short time. There was no real reason for them to come to the mountains, except so Fisher could try and win back Streak.
And that boy. Dave. Who knew what sort of power he possessed in this world, which Dave himself had had a hand in creating? Fisher suspected it was almost like those ridiculous web comics where the Author character had godlike powers over everyone. Except Dave didn't seem to know it. And Fisher couldn't be entirely sure that this was the case.
Fisher would have to try his best to take the kid when they got there.

03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Kaira popped her head over the edge of the truck a few times, untill at one point she saw Art making his way back to them, without Charger.
'Art!' she yelled at him. 'Where is Charger?'

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-25-2006, 09:00 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Kix sighed... It was now that krisha would start rambling out about that horrible place.

"Well... It's like a sect you know... They kinda brainwash cats into becoming members and staying there... They teach all kind s of magic, mostly dark though. It's the easiest kind of magic to learn, but it's only usefull when you learn the real good spells and stuff. I mean, they first start teaching minor spells, like stealing somebodys property in a stealth-like way. But you should just check out what kix and uh... Akky can do. They were the Leaders' faves... Especially Akky. He 'lucky'. He knew them personally. Kix, Akky and me used to be best riends, and the best students, untill I senced something wrong about the place... I began seeing through the methods how they brainwashed these poor kittens, so i became too rebelling i guess, and they wanted me dead. So they first banned me from the place, and when i had gotten far enough, where nobody could see it, they sent out some hitmen after me. But well... With my uberskills i managed to kill them. But well that place... It was weird... something was up." Krisha said.

Kix sighed again, and looked down on the ground.

"Well... It was all a conspiracy of some sort... I sneaked inside the Leaders' cave because... I was bored, and they had a meeting with some strange guys... They kept rambling about taking over the land, using the cats as their army. They also mentioned the Animals Place, and some weird knife. But well i got really shocked, because they teached us things the way they wanted us to see them. I think Akky knew about it.
Shortly after Krisha dissapeared, he had more and more personal meetings with the leaders, and he became more and more weird, untill you could tell that he was insane. We always flirted with eachother, but he then became too intrusive, and i kept rejecting him, untill he bsacially begged me to take him. That was when i just kept ignoring him... and ... he apparently didn't like that. I just don't get it... If they wanted to kill you for discovering their secret, why didn't they wanna kill me?" Kix said, and looked over at Krisha.

She shrugged.

"I don't know..." She said and tilted her head.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

03-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Pseok nodded. "I didn't mean to get stuck out here, but with the town getting more croweded now. Anyway, we'll go down as soon as its light enough. You might wanna get some sleep, or something."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elfair heard voices. She hissed quietly. No one ever came up here! No one! So why were they here? Didn't they know about the danger? About... about her? She moved silently forward, almost against her will. Soon she reached a lump of rock below the area where Pseok had landed. She glanced round the rock, her dull eyes and the darkness of her body hiding her against the stone. There was a boy, he looked a little older than she was, and... A bird, a huge bird. The shadow, she realised.

Hunger flared up inside her despite the meal she'd just eaten. Suddenly her ears filled with the sound of pumping blood, she imagined the flesh of the boy's neck between her teeth. She closed her eyes tightly, trying to force the need from her mind. No! She wasn't.... She' d just eaten, it would be a waste, it... The boy, he had a life, she couldn't just kill him! Oh, but she wanted to. She wanted to kill, to hear the cries, to feel the life run from his body.

She wanted to call out, to warn the boy of her presence. To tell him to run. But she had to kill. The bird! The boy could do without his pet, she would take the bird's life and spare the human. He should run to safety when she attacked, everyone else did, and the hunger would be silent long enough for him to escape. She wouldn't have to kill him.
Still silent, she moved rapidly round the area to the higher side. From there she could jump down and take him... them, by surprise. And the boy would have somewhere to run to.

03-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

No sooner had Fisher disappeared then Daniel spoke up, "Do you actually trust that guy?"
Slade smiled, "No, but as -"
"Then why were you so quick to agree to what he wanted?" Daniel interrupted.
Slade gave Daniel a patient look, "As far as I could tell, he bears us no ill will and his intentions are genuine. You've seen how enormous our power is when we three combine our efforts together. Imagine the possibilities with his power added to that. And then, of course, there's..." his voice drifted off as he stood and walked over to Silvia.
"No doubt you already know who I am," he started, "and I believe Daniel told you in short what I want from you."

Silvia's answer was quiet, "Yes. He did. And," her voice started rising, "as I told him, I won't work for you." She stood up and looked angrily at him, "You destroyed my home, killed my family, ruined my life! And if that wasn't enough, you then took what little I still had and left me with nothing! And then you expect me to just turn around and be your friend?"

Slade laughed a little, "Oh, come now, Silvia. Your father was warned the very first time he defied me, but as he continued doing so, he got what he deserved. If he had taken heed of my warnings, your home and your family would still be intact. So it is your father, not I, who is it fault."

Silvia scowled, "Maybe it might look that way to you. But, if you were trying to punish my father for something, why did you harm anyone else?"

Slade put on his patient face again, "He was not afraid of being harmed himself, so that would have been a useless form of punishment, would it not? Instead, he was warned that if he continued to defy me, his family would suffer for it. I don't make idle threats."

"But that doesn't change the fact that you killed my family!" Silvia answered, "I can't believe you still think I'll follow you after that."

"Look, Silvia," Slade replied, "I'm giving you a choice. You can come with me, learn the arts of magic, and become as powerful as any of us here. Or, you can go on like you are now, a pathetic being with nothing but aimless wandering ahead of you. What will it be?"

This time Silvia struggled to find an answer. But finally, she spoke up, "No... I... I can't. I could never work for you. Not when I've seen what you do! Sure, maybe you'd give me power. But at what a cost!"

Slade nodded sadly, "So be it. But, before you leave, you should know this..."
He gestured to Olivia, who came and stood beside him.
"Do you recognize this person?"

Silvia looked blankly at Olivia.

"Really, Silvia, I'm disappointed in you." Slade reproached her, "You don't recognize your own sister?"

Now Silvia looked at Olivia in horror.

Olivia nodded and spoke quietly, "It's true, Silvia. You left me there, left for dead. But Slade here, he rescued me. And he's given me power far beyond your greatest dreams!"

Silvia was speechless. And then, suddenly the others were gone. She was back in Los Santos, or what was left of it. She found herself in a group of people, evidently survivors of the flood, some of whom were severely injured. Others were yelling and waving to try and get the attention of the rescue workers who had come to the city. But nobody seemed to notice her sudden appearance.

03-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

OOC: WTF? @ Splat. Okay.
---
Streak and Blaze listened to Kix's tale. It was rather informative. Neither of them had really sat down to hear the story behind the cats with Charger. And this raised an interesting bit of intruige. What if this Akky character was still on the loose? Hunting down Kix and Krisha? But then, how dangerous could he be?
When Kaira had looked out to call to Art, Blaze and Streak turned to look.
Art, jogging to the car, picked up his pace, and reached the car shortly.
"Hey," he said, almost out of breath. "Charger's being seen to. I would've liked to follow him and make sure he would be all right, but you know how he gets ... plus, he sent me back here to take you guys somewhere safe."
Blaze cocked an eyebrow. "There's probably no where in town that'll be suitable for the likes of us."
Art nodded. "I know. I figured I'd drive us down to the foothills, and we could camp out near the base of the mountain."
Streak appeared to consider. "I suppose we could. Come on, get in."
Art did so, then noticed Dave was missing. "Where's the kid?"
Blaze motioned upward. "Pseok flew him off somewhere. Let's go, they'll be able to find us."
And, with everyone in the car, Art started it up and drove (maybe a little anxiously) towards the foothills.
---
Dave shrugged. "Sure. Sleep is good." And he sat down, leaned as comfortably as possible against a nearby boulder, and tried to get to sleep.
There was a terrifying moment where he thought he was being watched, and almost swore he heard some ragged breathing, but then assumed it was Pseok, and tried not to think about it.

Last edited by Dave; 03-25-2006 at 03:53 PM..
03-26-2006, 12:42 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Akky was now running along the motorway. He stopped up and looked at the cars driving by. He smiled, and suddenly jumped on one of the cars. His claws bore into the metal, and then he put his paw on the window. It shattered, and he jumped in. The man driving the car got scared and swayed with it a bit.

"MORON! Keep the car on the right side of the road. You wanna get us killed?" Akky asked.

He got even more scared and stopped the car. This got Akky angry.

"Ok I'll give you a choice. You drive me to the next town, or I'll make sure you'll get a very painfiull death." He said threatening.

He lats a small fireball grow in his hand to let the man know he was serious.

"NOW DRIVE!" He shouted.

The man quickly got the car up running again, as he began crying.

"Oh for gods sake... STop crying and drive FASTER!" He said angrilily and scratched the man arm.

He tried to stop crying, and let the car drive faster.

"You call this fast? Just drive as fast as you can." Akky said cold and calmly.

"But the polic-" the man was about to protest, but received another painfull scratch on his arm.

It hurt badly, more than when a normal cat would scratch him. he had a cat himself, and this was freaking him out. The car was now driving so fast, that you could barely see the cars he left behind.

"That's more like it. Now as a reward for listening, I'm gonna heal one of your wounds" he said, and put his paw on the mans arm.

A black light showed up and when Akky removed his paw, there was nothing but a scar showing that something had scratched the man there. Thne man wouldn't even dare looking at the cat. This was too scary for him, and he hoped it was just a dream. But wounds couldn't hurt so much in dream, so he was sitting there and trembling. Akky laughed satisfied as the human was clearly scared. He decided to to ruin this mans life forever.
Soon they drove past the town's sign saying: 'Golden Valley'.
The car was driving against a building. Akky concentrated a bit, and the car flashed a green light, and akky dissapeared. The man tried to stop the car but couldn't, and he couldn't change direction either, so he screamed as the car hit the building. A few yards away, Akky watched intensly. He laughed, and ran away, as he could sence Kix again.

----

Kix and Krisha got in the car, and as they found a comfy place, Kix shouted out to Streak.

"Well what's you're story then?" Kix asked.

============

03-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Elfair spulled herself up a shelf in the rock until she was above the two figures. A cold smile spread across her face. The boy was now lying against a rock, evidently trying to sleep, though he looked uncomfortable. not used to roughing it? The bird was also curled up in sleep. She kicked off her sandals and froze, waiting for the moment both figures looked most relaxed.

And then she leapt. Her claws pierced Pseok's back, digging through flesh and muscle. He was up immediately, wings spread, thrashing and writhing and she tightened her grip and tried to move herself towards his neck.

Pseok's body coursed with shock and fear and he tried desperately to fling his attacker off. But whatever it was held on tight and he felt sharp, strong claws dig into his wings, hot breath on the back of his neck.

Hot breath... Hot... His body tingled with energy and he screeched with frustration.

Elfair felt heat flare from the bird beneath her body. To hot! Burning! She threw herself backwards, horror spreading across her face. Suddenly it seemed as if the bird was bursting into flames. Every feather was a burning tongue of fire, its beak and feet seemed to turn to gold. A wave of heat blasted from it and washed over her, making her body sweat immdeiately and shortening her breath.

Eyes like balls of molten metal locked on her own, blazing into her. The... the phoenix approached her, leaving the rock smoking in its footprints. She scrabbled backwars until she found herself backed against a wall of rock. Tears of fear blurred her vision as the heat intensified and the fire filled her sight. The skin of her face felt as if it was burning. She gazed fearfully into the eyes of the phoenix, its face inches from her own. And then it advanced further and her mind was filled with images of being burnt alive by this beast.
She was never sure whether or not it touched her, or whether just having it so close was enough. She yowled in pain as it suddenly felt like the skin in the centre of her forehead was melting from heat. The phoenix's beak was next to her skin, buring a mark into her. And then it was suddenly gone. Cool night air hit her like a wall of ice. her head swam and she slumped against the rock, unconscious.

Pseok's mind resurfaced to find himself flying in front of the area where he'd landed. He cursed and turned away quickly, still in the body of the phoenix. Flying in front of the mountainside he shouted, not knowing where Dave was or if he heard.
Pseok: "I'm SORRY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!" And then he flew into the mountains as quickly as he could, knowing that soon the fatigue of the transformation would catch up with him and he would sink to the ground, unable to resist his tiredness. Anywith around him at that time that could burn would and he needed to be as far away from other people as he could.

03-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

'Okay...' Kaira mumbled to herself, kind of in doubt on what would happen to Charger. She hated it when he got stuborn like this.
She had listnend to Kix and Krisha about their past, but wasn't realy paying attention to it in the end. Her mind still wondered around Charger.
She then poked her muzzle trough the back window.
'Hey guys...' she spoke softly. 'I'm getting very tired... it's been a long day. Can we get some sleep when we get there, Art?'

---

OOC: It's been a VERY long day indeed, so I would like to ask everyone to write their characters a way into the night, take some shut eye, so we can start a new day a few posts later. I take it Art and co are going to set up 'camp' at the foothill, so if everyone else can prepare to skip to the next day, we can soon move on with the story . Thanks.

Havoc

03-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Streak looked unsure of how to begin. In the end, she just told about how she had been taken from the zoo when she was about three to a scientific-looking facility. There, she was taught to read and write. It was here that her talents were accidentally discovered...

Streak was very angry. The tall man in the dark glasses and the long beard - Dr. Randy to her, Dr. Fulson to his associates - wouldn't leave her alone until she had finished copying the paragraph he had carefully printed on the chalkboard.
My name is Streak. I am part human and part tiger. Doctor Randy is my friend. I like it here.
So the short blurb read. Streak had written through
My name is Streak. I am part human and part tiger. Doctor Randy is when she stopped. Although Dr. Randy was very nice, and even sometimes gave her candy, she did not think of him as a friend. She didn't want to be friends with him. She thought he might be dangerous. And she didn't think Randy Fulson was his real name.
So, in the stubborn way young children have, she clammed up and refused to write anymore. She wouldn't speak or look at Dr. Randy, and she sat with her arms crossed.
"Come now, Streak," said Dr. Randy. "As soon as you finish this sentence, I'll give you some snacks and we can go watch some cartoons. Would you like that?"
Streak did not respond.
Dr. Randy, a little flustered, grumbled a little and turned red. "Now, don't be like that, little Streak. I'd hate to have to tell the other doctors how uncooperative you're being."
Streak uttered a short bark that those who know very young children may be familiar with: "NO!"
Dr. Randy was being very mean, as far as Streak was concerned. It's almost like he thinks he'll die if I don't write it. And when did he start looking so scary?
For Dr. Randy did, in fact, look very scary. He almot didn't look like himself any more. His face had become very pale, his eyes almost looked red, and his very skin almost seemed to look like a mask.
But when he saw Streak looking at him, he seemed to change back to normal. Streak guessed she must've imagined it, though deep down, she knew better.
"Look, Streak," Dr. Randy began. "I won't make you write what's on the board if you don't want to. But at
least finish the sentence you started? Unfinished sentences look so nasty on paper, don't they?"
Streak looked up at him, daring to hope. She looked down at what she had written. "
My name is Streak. I am part human and part tiger. Doctor Randy is"
Here, she wrote the first thing that came to mind, even though it wasn't true. She added: "
going to take me to the circus, because he likes me a lot."

"You can probably guess tha Dr. Randy was really that guy Fisher. And he took me to the circus, all right. The day after I wrote that sentence, he came to my room, all dressed up, and told me about the circus he owned. I naturally got all excited, and asked him to take me, and he said of course. When we got there some scary looking men all grabbed me and caged me, and I lived and traveled with the circus ever since. And we'd go from town to town, and Fisher would force me to write such awful, nasty things, and I knew what I was doing, but if I ever disobeyed or wrote something he didn't tell me to write, he would hurt me." She pointed to her head. "In here. It was so awful that by my first winter with the circus I never bothered to try and do anything bad."
Blaze looked concerned. "What sort of stuff did you write?"
Streak sniffled. "Things like 'John Kennedy is going to be assassinated' at such and such a time, or 'Rhonda Johnson will slip on her stairs and crack her head, dying instantly,' other such things. People I'd never heard of. Hell, it was by accident that I even heard who John Kennedy was - I guess he was the president of some country in some other world ... I felt so guilty about these things ... and I knew that me, doing these unnatural things, was causing things to break down and fall apart."
She started crying. "And the last thing he made me write before you guys showed up was 'David B_____ it hit by a car and killed.' I think that's our friend Dave. It's Fisher's fault he's here. I'm afraid he wants him for something..."
About this point there was a cry in the mountains above, and everyone looked up to see a burst of flame erupt from a spot above. Blaze took it for what it was: Pseok turning into that phoenix.
"Damn. Hope Pseok and Dave are okay up there ..." he murmured.
After a while Art reached a good looking spot. Streak, still sniffing a little, wrote out We have appropriate camping supplies and enough food to fill us all up on one of the pages in Dave's notebook. And it was so. Art and Blaze set up the tents silently, while Streak sat with the others by a fire (OOC: hope you don't mind I shifted character positions).
---
Dave awoke as soon as he heard the thing leap out and strike Pseok. He cried out, but when Pseok caught fire, he nearly panicked. He was scrambling backwards up the rock behind him, almost cartoonishly. He toppled over the side and clattered back on to his feet. Dave ran off, for now ignoring how out of shape he was and how much his bad leg was protesting.
After a while, when Dave had found his way a bit down the mountain, he heard Pseok crying out something about being sorry and not knowing what to do.
Dave, gasping and out of breath, stopped and crawled under a large fallen tree. This was awful... but what could he do? He was alone in the mountains in a strange world ...
Starting to shudder, Dave fell into a troubled sleep.
---
Fisher knew immediately what was happening as Pseok burst into flame.
Dave was with the bird, not the others at the car. He had manipulated D'Angelo for no reason.
Some animal-thing (likely a ware, he thought) had attacked Pseok, and scared Dave away.
But Fisher couldn't track Dave down properly. At least, not in his mind. He couldn't pinpoint his location. Try as he might to see it, his mind kept going in circles, dancing towards the answer and then away from it. Damn. Something about this kid ... he was definately talented if even Fisher couldn't read him.
Fisher was now completely sure of it: Dave was a Breaker. Quite possibly the most powerful one Fisher had ever known.
And if he could get control of the boy ......
There would be time enough tomorrow. And dammit, he was the kind of man who needed some sport. It would be no fun to take him now, such easy prey.
Instead he lapsed into a state of quasi-sleep that was more meditation. For, as they say on the internet, Fisher was like Chuck Norris in one vital way: he doesn't sleep. He waits.

03-26-2006, 08:40 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: "For, as they say on the internet, Fisher was like Chuck Norris in one vital way: he doesn't sleep. He waits."

OMG!! LOL!

--- IC ---

Krisha got quite desturbed at the thought of this Fisher-guy.

"Look, Streak... All this that happened is not your fault... We can take tnhat Fisher guy down. I can't do it alone,but me and Krisha posses quite some powers... I just don't like using it, because it's black magic. But alll of us together could probably kill that nasty guy..." Kix said, and yawned, and rested her head on her paws.

"Yeah, she's right though... Kix and Akky were probably the most powerfull cats back at the place... Kix is just too much of a wussy to use it." Krisha said and laughed.

"I'm not a wussy, but black magic is not to joke with... You saw what happened to Drakko..." Kix said.

"Yea, but your spell served it's purpose; To resurect him." Krisha answered and moved closer to the fire.

She looked deeply into the fire, it reminded her of a place she had gone to once, while she was on the running. Then she smiled, and closed her eyes. She was simply too tired to open them.

"But this Fisher guy... He wont be back, will he?" Kix asked.

----

Akky had now gotten into the mountains, close to where the others were. He could sence Kix was nearby, but not exactly where.

"ARGH!" He grunted.

He sniffed the air, but then suddenly it seemed like her smell was everywhere. Then he saw thousands of cats that looked liked Kix approaching him, and staring at him blankly.

"GO AWAY!!" He shouted and ran away.

He was definitely loosing his mind.

============

Last edited by T-nex; 03-26-2006 at 08:43 PM..
03-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Streak shrugged. "I don't know if he'll be back. Chances are he will. He's the kind of guy who'll hold a grudge. A big grudge. And I appreciate that you're all willing to help out, but I don't think you guys are familiar with his powers."
Blaze had approached in time to hear this last. "Yeah, Fisher's a tough cookie." And he recounted the battle at the circus tent for Kix and Krisha, who hadn't been there (OOC: right? I can't remember...).
Art had come by, too. He had finished setting up camp: four tents. One for each Art, Streak, Blaze, and Kaira, Kix, and Krisha, in the event they wanted a tent.
"Ugh. Let's not talk about this Fisher man anymore. I vote for bed. And I'm going in any case." And he turned and climbed into one of the tents. He was asleep within moments.
Blaze yawned rather suddenly, but genuinely. "Good idea."

03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

"Right..." Kix said, and closed her eyes, "Can we leave the fire be? I like sitting here by the fire."

She lay a bit on her her back looking up at the stars. It sounded like they had been having a tough time with this Fisherguy, but if they had stayed alive for this long, surely they could do it again?
She shook her head, and moved closer to Krisha who was half-sleeping.

"Missed me?" she mumbled in her sleep and grinned.

They both fell asleep. Krisha dreamed about giant mouses, while Kix had her usual nightmares. She could feel something was going to happen, and it didn't please her.

---

Akky who was still running in the mountains, stopped up to get some sleep. He could feel he was exhausted, so he found a tree, and fell asleep in it.

"I am gonna get you..." he muttered in his sleep.

============

03-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Splat

A spark of light in the sky like a scrap of glowing ash blown from a fire, Pseok decended slowly into a rocky valley. He touched stone which began to sizzle under the heat of the phoenix, and slipped into sleep.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Elfair stirred. The memory of the events of the last few hours were splayed across her mind and she shivered from fear. For the last three years it was like she'd been on top of the fod chain, the people of Golden Valley had begun avoiding the places where she'd frequently appeared and she'd felt so powerful, almost indestructible. But nowat horrible monster had appeared and she'd felt so helless, so defenceless. It could have killed her with a single movement. Images of being burnt alive flooded her mind and she opened her eyes quickly.

She was alone now, but she'd expected that. The sky was dark and the moon was high, she was lying on her side on the edge of the clear space where they'd fought. Her legs, arms and face were sore with burns but, feeling her arms, less than she'd expected. Her hand moved to the burn on her forehead where it had, or had almost, touched her. A large and bad burn was left on the left of the centre of her forehead, running almost from her eyebrow to her hairline. It was thick, slightly thicker at the bottom than at the top. A trickle of blood ran from it down to the stone below.

Feeling that she swore. If the wound was open it could become infected and that would mean medicine, she'd been very ill a few times before from what seemed like small infections and she'd become slightly paranoid about it. She'd run out of her own supplies a couple of weeks before, which would mean she would have to go into Golden Valley to get some more.

She pushed herself to her feet, finding her body weak and trembling. She stumbled over behind the rtock she'd been lying against and found her sandals behind and slipped then on and stumbeled down the mountainside.

She hated going into the town, as it meant eithing biting someone which she suddenly felt very uneager to try (plus there was always the danger of meeting someone who knew the person she'd killed) or putting on her heavy clothes. She hated wearing more than a minimal amount of clothing, covering her claws and confining her movements, she felt so trapped and in danger.

She reached the small hollow tht she sometimes called home and eased aside a rock in the sloping 'floor'. From underneath she pulled a long trench-coat, boots, gloves, a hat and a pair of sunglasses. She swore when she saw one of the lenses was cracked. Something else she'd have to pay for. She pulled out a small wallet full of money she'd taken fro her victims and tried to count out the cash in the feeble moonlight. Her limbs trembled and she hated the thought of having to rap herself up in those clothes for the rest of the night.

Oh forget it. She'd risk it in daylight. She found a strip of cloth from the hole which she wrapped round the burn on her head, bundled the clothes back into the small hole, wrapped her cloak around her, took a few bites from the raw meat of the dead sheep lying beside her and settled down to sleep through the rest of the night.

ooc: Second time I've had to write out that post, not as happy about it this time though. Just Charger left awake now methinks.
Apologies for the long post.

03-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

OOC: Just assume he's asleep as well, I won't be playing his character for a short while.

---

Kaira sat near the fire, listening interested with perked ears to Streak and her story. It was very catching, and somewhere she felt proud to be part of the group that turned her life around.
She looked up at the flames erupting above them.
'The same thing happened at the circus...' she mumbled, partialy to confirm it for herself. Then she kept quiet again.
She stared at the fire a little longer, then laid down and curled herself up into a furry ball. Her muzzle resting on her forpaws and her tail wrapped around her, she enjoyed the warmth of the fire as a blanket.
'Good night everyone,' she muttered, then closed her eyes.

03-27-2006, 03:25 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: So uh... then a day goes by?? Or what?? :-S I think every character is asleep... So we can start a new day, right?

============

03-27-2006, 04:30 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

OOC: Waiting for Grettin

03-27-2006, 04:32 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: O yea.. forgot about him..... Can't we just asume that his characters are sleeping?? XD

============

03-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Splat

Or scheming? Has Charger gone to sleep in the hospital, or has he been anisthetised (put to sleep for surgery) or what Havoc, just so we know

03-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

OOC: *Poke* Stop asking questions!
I kind of want to wait for Gretin, but since there are some rather large time gaps between him being online, I'm kinda doubting. One one side it sounds kinda unfair to Gretin to skip his character all the time...

03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: Sorry to keep you waiting guys, here I am now though.

IC:

Slade turned to the other two in the room with him.
"And now," he said, "we shall go to Golden Valley. There are some people I'd be interested to check up on after today, and I also have a new assignment for each of you."
The pentagonal stars showing on Daniel's and Olivia's fronts glowed red and yellow respectively for a few seconds, and then the room was empty.

Silvia was standing there, trying to work out what was going on when she felt someone grab her arm. She looked and only just noticed that some of the rescue workers had made their way to where she was and were picking the injured up on stretchers and taking them to waiting ambulances. The guy who grabbed her arm said, "Come on, what are you waiting for?" She didn't answer but simply followed him as he requested. She found herself being bustled into one of the ambulances and started to protest, but then gave up and got in. Almost as soon as the doors were shut with Silvia, a man on a stretcher, a rescue worker and two others she couldn't identify inside, they started off.
Silvia was feeling lost and completely worn out, and it wasn't long before she drifted off into an uneasy sleep...

OOC: Kinda dry for ideas right now, but this should do

Last edited by Gretin; 03-27-2006 at 06:50 PM..
03-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Splat

ooc: Huzzah! I hope this is ok with everyone.

TIME PASSES

And welcome to another wonderful day of 'The Community: Cold Secrets RPG'. As the sun rises and people get out of bed to eat cornflakes and fall asleep on the train and wake up on a different continent, who knows what this day will bring?

Well, you know, other than the regular blood and guts and explosions and random, pointless destruction and alternative dimentions and very confused authors (both in and out of the story) and so on and so forth.
*Goes back to cornflakes*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Pseok stirred and looked up into the sky. It was still dark in the valley where he'd landed, but the sky above was pale with dawn. He judged the sun was just rising.

Relieved to find himself not on fire, he pushed hismelf to his feet and flew upwards towards the sky and turned east towards Golden Valley and the freshly risen sun. The sky was cool and feeling clear and comfortable after the horrible heat of the phoenix.

He turned and flew a short distance into the mountains and managed to catch a couple of... reasonably big birds. Feeling rather pleased with himself, he gazed down at the remains of his less-than ample meal (but then he was used to it, food was hard to get down here) and suddenly his thoughts jumped to the night before. Worry flooded through him as he thought of Dave, left alone on the mountainside with... whatever it was. He turned sharply and flew eastwards back towards the town.

03-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

As the first signs of dawn spread over the sky, Kaira slowly opened her eyes. The fire had died out, and all that remained was a pile of ashes.
Lazy and tired she unwrapped herself from the furball she had made herself, and stretched out her body, then looked around to see if anyone else was awake.
She didn't see anyone at first glance. So she decided to go wake Art up.
'Hey Art,' she whispered when she was at his tent. 'Art...'
She poked her paw at his chest.
'Art... wake up...'

03-28-2006, 04:48 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: Havoc, I have a little question... Can Kaira talk to humans? I mean... I thought she couldn't but oh well... :-/

.::IC::.

Akky woke up, and yawned a bit... Where was he? Oh yea, on Kix-hunting. He jumped to the ground, and sniffed around a bit, untll he felt something, or someone nearby. HE curiousl sneaked to the place the scent came from, and saw some weird guy, meditating. Akky would normally hurt people left alone in the forest, but this guy.. He felt he shouldn't. He was hiding in a bush, and sneaked from bush to bush to get a closer view.
He bared his teeth a bit at this guy, stayed there quietly, and watched him. Almost like he fell into a trance...

----

Both Kix and krisha woke up as Kaira had made some noises.

"Goodmorning sunshine..." Krisha said lazily at Kix, and tiredly rose from her position.

Then krisha when to Kaira poked her.

"So what's for breakfast?"

Kix still remained in her position, wondering wether she should get up or not.

============

03-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Art woke up rather suddenly when Kaira nudged him. He was disoriented, temporarily forgetting where he was. It didn't help that the first thing he saw in this state was a tiger. He jumped and crawled back quickly.
After a moment he got his bearings. "Uh ... um, hey, good morning." He rubbed his eyes. "Breakfast?"
Blaze, meanwhile, had come out of his own tent, yawning heavily, and began to rebuild the fire.
---
Fisher went for a while unaware of the cat. His thoughts were elsewhere, otherwise he may have noticed right away.
His mind came back to him and he saw the cat. For a moment he thought it might be a wild cat - not unheard of, but uncommon. But, having not read far enough back in the story, he didn't recognize it. But he was still able to read the cat.
"Akky? Must be from the Cat's Secret Place. Looking for someone?"
---
Dave, never one to sleep comfortably in a strange place, slept uneasily. So at around four in the morning, he decided **** it, I'm not going to be able to sleep, and sat up to watch the sunrise.
A few hours later, he realized he was still really tired and getting hungry.
"Shit," he muttered. "Too hungry. Agh." He stood, stretched, cracked his crackable joints, and began to hobble his way down the path.
He made it maybe a hundred yards when his stomach rumbled. "Christ. I need a bowl of cereal. I need me some frosted flakes." He had the cereal box in mind, almost like in the commercial. He smiled a little at the image of Tony the Tiger on the box - because of course it would be Tony the Tiger, considering where he was. But he saw the whole setup: the bowl of cereal, the box, the pitcher of milk, the glass of orange juice, the silverware ...
Dave shook his head to try and clear it. He would have to focus on getting back to the others.
He took four steps and stopped. He thought he was hallucinating.
There was a table - very shaky, probably ready to fall apart - with a bowl of frosted flakes on it and a box of orange juice.
Dave closed his eyes and rubbed hard. He looked again and there it was ... still there.
"**** that," Dave laughed. Because of course he'd eat cereal left outdoors on a table for who knows how long. Someone probably set it up. Probably Art or someone being a jackass.
He went past it without another look. Some freaky shit, in any case.

03-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

OOC: *Pokes at Dave for his tiger comment and for his signature which now now longer works with the new skin! Huzzah!*
And yes, T-nex, Kaira can talk to humans. Always could, actualy O.o.

---

Kaira looked back at Krisha, then back to Art who by now was in the back of his tent.
'Forget about breakfast,' she muttered a little annoyed, but still on the innocent tone she always had. 'I want to see Charger, can you take me to him?'
She didn't feel like breakfast, besides they probably didn't have anything with them that resembled meat.

03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Krisha was annoyed.. Because breakfast was one of the mpst important things for her in the morning, so she turned around and when over to Kix, making a exaggerated immiation of what Kaira had just said, but discretly enough so Kaira wouldn't notice. Then she rolled her eyes, and laughed.

"Well I aint leavin nowhere without breakfast. Wanna come out hunting? I saw a mouse not so far away." Krisha asked, and Kix agreed.

"Well, we're out hunting... You go and see your boyfriend, I guess we'll just meet later. Bye." Krisha shouted back at Kaira.

Then Both Krisha and Kix ran off to hunt. When they had gotten far enough away, Krisha started laughing.

"Man... That kaira, she should learn to live without Charger... I mean, cmon... Missing breakfast? now that's something crazy." Krisha said.

"Well she probably just misses Charger..." Kix said, and lowered her head.

She was missing him aswell, but she didn't show it.

"Hehe, Hey There's some beard over there... lets go catch them." Krisha said, and got into a sneaking position. Kix watched as Krisha easily caught the bird.

"Yawn..." Kix said and sneaked apon another bird.

she also succesfully caught the bird. She Proudly looked at Krisha with the bird in her mouth.

"HAr har..." She muttered.

----

Akky, still hiding in the bushes got surprised at the guys reaction... And knowledge. He slowly got out from the bush.

"How do you know my my name, and how do you know wherem i come from?" He asked suspiciously, still baring his teeth.

This guy... was creepy, but it reminded him of something familiar. Somehow, he felt safe with this guy, so he loosened up a bit.

"Well, I'm looking for a blue cat named Kix... But I doubt you've seen her."

============

03-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Splat

Pseok flew above the mountainside, trying to spot anybody moving down there. For a second he thought he spotted a human moving between the rocks but he looked again and the figure was gone.

His eyes drifted down the mountain back towards the town, wondering if Dave had moved down all through the night. Stupid human!

He spotted the camp below and flew down, landed in the middle and turned to Blaze who was struggling to light a fire.
Pseok: "Hey, has that guy Dave come down here?"

03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Silvia woke up to find herself in a bed in a hospital ward. She looked around sleepily for a moment then suddenly sat up, "What am I doing here?"
A nurse who had been standing beside one of the other beds turned around.
"Hey, take it easy," she walked over to Silvia. "You were lucky to escape as freely as you did, but even you didn't get away unscathed. How you feeling?"

Silvia looked at her for a moment, then answered, "I... I'm fine. How did I get here?"
The last thing she remembered was Slade revealing Olivia's identity to her, then... it was just blank.
"You came in the ambulance, with some of the others. You don't remember?" The nurse looked a little concerned. Silvia didn't answer.
"Do you think you're well enough to get up?" the nurse asked.
"I said I'm fine," Silvia turned to sit sideways on the bed, then stood up. She wavered for a moment and steadied herself by the small table nearby.
"You sure you're alright?" the nurse was undecided.
"I'll be fine," Silvia answered "Where is this?"
"You're in Golden Valley hospital," the nurse replied, "I can see you're in a hurry to leave, but you'll need to get checked out first to make sure you're fit enough for it."
Silvia sighed, "Alright."

Meanwhile on the ground floor of the hospital, a young red-haired woman in a white t-shirt and blue jeans entered the waiting room. Olivia preferred her previous outfit, but right now she needed to avoid unwanted attention and that meant wearing ordinary clothes. She walked in and glanced around, seeming to be looking around the room, but she was actually sensing throughout the hospital to see who was in there and where...