Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Art shrugged. "Sure. Everybody hop in." And he himself climbed into the driver's seat.
Blaze forgot the situation for a moment and blurte out: "But what's at the bayou?!"
Streak shushed him. "Look, not now. What's important is convincing Charger to accept help from a hospital ..."

02-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Sorry, I'm late everyone, lots of stuff's been going on lately... Anyway, on to business!

IC:

Silvia lay under the table panting for a few moments, until suddenly
"Hello there!" Fisher said, with a charming smile. Silvia looked up startled and for a few seconds said nothing, then she finally found her voice, "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

With the curious eyes of Daniel and Olivia watching him, Slade bent downward and made a motion a few inches above the ground as if he was drawing a line with his finger, making a line of blue appear along the ground where his finger went. He straighted up, and as he did the line started stretching sideways, making a large blue rectangle on the ground. Then, in an instant, the blue shattered like glass, flying in all directions and leaving a grey rug on the ground in it's place.

"Get on everyone," Slade said pleasantly.

03-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Fisher's grin widened. Time to act. "My name is Robbie. I'm here to help you out." He paused, as if he were conveying a great secret, he said, "I'm sure that you're familiar with such things as magic. I myself am quite skilled. I'm keeping this house safe from the flood waters." Then, much more jovially, "But that's enough of that! What say we three have some grub? Where do you want to go and eat?"

03-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Grace's reason was wrestling with her shock at being alive and totally dry. Anger took the oppertunity to step over the fighting pair and take control.
Grace: "Where do you... ARE YOU CRAZY MAN! WE COULDN'T STEP OUT OF THE DOOR, YOU THINK WE CAN JUST WALK DOWN TO A RESTAURANT! THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE JUST DIED OUT THERE, AND ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS WHERE WE CAN STILL GET A MEAL? WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP ANY BODY?"

ooc: TBM, post soon unless you want Drakko in another coma!

03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Robbie looked at Grace casually. "I helped you, didn't I? And besides, who said I could protect the whole town? Or that I wanted to?"
He now addressed Grace and Silvia. "Now, I never said we had to go eat at a restaurant. I never even said we had to eat. I suggested it. But relax, I'm sure there's food around this house somewhere. Grace, why don't you go on and look around for something to cook."
He made a face at her that suggested she'd just better go and do it, or else. He was tempted to use his influence on her, but decided not to waste the effort.

03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

Drakko had lost his grip on the outer pipe that he held onto as he fell from the top of the Dam.He plummeted into the water which was now much closer then from the top of the Dam.

Drakko was floating down the stream created by the Dam water until a large winged creature had pulled him out of the water and to safety.

Drakko sat down and started coughing up water.

"Wuh, HEY! You're not.... WHO ARE YOU?"

"Names Drakko....and you must be Pseok..i believe we met at Chargers Mansion."

Drakko lay down trying to catch his breath .

OOC:I'll post the profile later since you all know him anyway cept for maybe Used.

Whats stopping you?

Last edited by the brew master; 03-06-2006 at 11:06 AM..
03-06-2006, 03:09 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Charger got into the back of the truck with a painfull face and rested his arm on his lap when he sat down.
'I WANT to get help from a hospital! Problem is that the only hospital in the area is under water!' he blurted out, anoyed by the pain.
'Take it easy, hun,' Kaira tried to comfort him. 'Their only trying to help.'
Charger nodded.
'Well lets just go...' he said and looked around. 'Where is that bird at?'

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

That bird was staring at Drakko, trying to match it with the hazy memory of the figures who he'd seen before they'd all flown off on the plane.
"You're... You went to the zoo or something didn't you?" He didn't recognise the face, but the name was there. "What're you doing here? And how'd you end up falling off the dam?"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Grace was making a rapid change to override femenist mode. A mode in which that face, especially from the direction of a human male, only made it stronger.
Grace: "And you're just going to do what? You haven't even told us why you're here. Why didn't you run to safety with everyone else? You just decided to step into someone's house? I could arrest you for suspicious activity." Something she was quite tempted to do, though she couldn't imagine it going down to well with the rest of the force, when they would be busy taking care of this disaster. But then the most of the force were all male so femenist mode took care of that obstacle.

ooc: no offense to any femenists out ther . Grace doesn't know what she's dealing with.

Last edited by Splat; 03-15-2006 at 12:30 AM..
03-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Robbie laughed. "Now, now, I didn't mean anything by it. And I doubt that this is your house, either. And I'm here to help you." He knew that simply repeating himself would infuriate Grace even more, and fully intended to aggravate her at every opportunity.
But for now, he needed her out. He teetered on the edge, waiting to see if he would need to force her out with his power or not.
---
Art shrugged. "I don't know. Should we wait for him?"
Streak looked up and scanned the skies for Pseok. "I don't know. Do you think he'll be able to find us again if we just left?"

03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Silvia had silently observed the argument between Fisher and Grace, but now cut in, "Actually, strangely enough, this isn't the sort of situation where I feel like just sitting down and eating, and I doubt she does either.
"And she's right, why are you here? What reason could you possibly have to want to help us?"
She was suddenly struck with an idea; how had the dam, the Uber dam no less, broken just like that? And now this guy said he was using magic to protect them from the flood waters... she thought she could see a link, but felt rather unsure.

Olivia and Daniel stood on the rug as Slade asked and waited.
"Right," said Slade, "you might like the hold on..."
A few seconds later his "magic carpet" lifted off the ground and started flying swiftly over what was left of the city. It took them through a few sweeps of different parts of the remains, until it stopped at one building that seemed pretty much unharmed.
"This is strange..." started Olivia.
"Yes, I sense it too," said Daniel, "there seems to be some sort of force protecting this from the flood waters." He looked towards Slade, waiting for his answer.
"Someone inside is responsible," Slade answered quietly, "but whether they are friend or foe is unclear."

There was a long silence, then Olivia spoke up again,
"What if I was to go inside and check things out?"
Slade looked at her for a few moments, then replied, "Very well. You know what to do."
The "magic carpet" slowly moved closer to the roof of the building and Olivia moved over to the side closest, focusing on one of the windows nearby. Then, in an instant, she leapt over towards the window, which flew open, letting her fall neatly through it and land in one of the rooms of the building.

03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Fisher's act dropped for a moment, being so dettered by Silvia. But soon it was up again.
"Understandable. It's cool. I just though---"
He sensed a presence above the house. Powerful. Dark. Could it be Slade? Could he have stumbled upon him this easily? He expected to have to force Silvia to bring him to Slade. But this was too great.
He focused this thoughts on the force above them. He heard the short exchange ...
As he did this, he had appeared to freeze in place. He knew this, but didn't care. He was to anxious to care how he appeared to these women.
He knew "Olivia" was coming down. He would have to play it cool. He was really looking forward to working with Slade....

03-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Splat

Grace was rapidly losing patience with this guy, and Siliva definately had the right idea. She wasn't so bad at all this really.
And then he trailed off and stood, looking upward, like he was in a trance. Grace began to feel uneasy. If this guy was a wizard or magician or whatever, then whatever he was doing, whatever it was that was going on, could be dangerous. And if whatever it was that he was doing to hold this house together happened to switch off she wouldn't bet much on their survival.
Grace: "hey..." She didn't want to distract him if he was doing something useful, but she was definately uneasy. "Hey, you... You there?"

03-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC:

:
Siliva
Hehe, just change the first 'i' to 'a' and you'll have Saliva Sorry Splat, couldn't resist

IC:

Olivia landed neatly on her feet in an upstairs room of the building and looked around to see if there was anything of use in here. She caught sight of a torch sitting on a shelf nearby, and it promptly lifted up and flew into her outstretched hand. Any electrical device was potentially useful to her, so she attached it to her belt and walked swiftly but silently out of the room into a hallway.
She stopped and looked both ways for a few seconds, then decided that right was the way she needed to go. She walked down the hall a short distance until she came to a flight of stairs with an open door at the bottom. Sensing that she was close, she pressed herself against the left wall and moved stealthily down the stairs until she was beside the doorway.
She stayed there for a few minutes, considering the best course of action to take. Then, feeling confident in her own ability to either handle the situation or get herself out if it was beyond her, she stepped into the doorway and looked out at the three in the next room, waiting for one of them to make the first move...

03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

OOC: I'm gonna go on with the assumption everyone's in the car.

Blaze shrugged. "There's no time. We'll have to assume Pseok can catch up later. Charger needs to get to a hospital as soon as possible."
Art started the car and drove off, glad to be on the clear side of the road.
---
Fisher turned and, half expecting to see Slade himself, was smiling and ready to extend a friendly hand shake.
However, he knew it wasn't Slade before he even turned around, and we only fooled by the human in him. No matter, he stopped himself from being too forward. He did, however, maintain a friendly air.
"Hello there!" he tittered. "A friend of Slade's, are we?"

03-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Charger sighed.
'Look, he's the only one among us who can fly, yes? We are in the middle of nowhere, the eagle could scout ahead for towns and tell us where we should go.'
Kaira looked up with a glance.
'Yea, thats a great idea!'
Charger shifted a bit.
'Yes, if we know where he is... anyone have any ideas to track him down?'

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Splat

Grace had now definately lost all track of the conversation, but Robbie seemed to have been expecting whoever this was...
She would have liked to force her authority into this, but she reminded herself that if this guy was all that was keeping this house standing, and they were still below water level. And if this guy was only interested in the newcomer then what interest would he have in keeping her and Silvia alive.
She chose the next best option (in her opinion) and edged silently towards Silvia, attempted to make eye contact and with clever use of eyebrows, tried to urge her towards her.

03-13-2006, 03:32 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Swick crossed his arms and poked his head between the two seats and looked towards Chrager and agreed to his plan.
"Well, now that we have a plan for transportation, how are we going to get some cash in our pockets?"
Money had always been an issue with Swick. It took him some luck to scrape up enough money for that cobbler that was now resting in his stomach.

03-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Olivia's eyes narrowed and the orange pentagonal star symbol on her front seemed to shimmer yellow for a second.

"Perhaps," she said in a tone completely void of anything even remotely resembling warmth, "And who might you be?"

Before he could answer, she glanced over at Silvia and Grace.
"So..." she mused, "Afraid of the power of dark magic in one person, you enlist the help of another with the same power?"

Silvia picked up the hint of sarcasm in her voice.
"I don't know who you are," she answered, "but this is no doing of mine."

Not the best answer in the world, but it was all she could think of for an answer right now.
She looked towards Grace and noticed her "gestures" to move closer. She started to move, but Olivia cut in,
"Hey you, stay right where you are!"
She took the flashlight off her belt and pointed it at Silvia, her thumb sitting ready at the switch.
"And you too," she glanced at Grace.
She then turned her attention back to Fisher and waited for his reply. She knew how ridiculous it might look, her threatening them to stand still with a torch, but she also knew that she could do extraordinary things with this ordinary flashlight.

03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Fisher laughed on the inside.
"My name is Robert Fisher. No tricks, no treachery. I'd like to speak with your pal Slade. It's my hope that he and I can form a partnership. I come in peace, as they say on television."
He glanced around at Grace and Silvia, then back at the flashlight (Fisher knew it was a potential weapon, but wasn't worried for his safety). "I don't suppose you could put that thing down? Between the two of us, I'm sure that these two girls aren't a threat."
---
Art shrugged. "I don't know much about money now. Drakko technically owes me some cash, but since he's dead, I'm fresh out." He glanced at Dave in the seat behind him. "I don't suppose you brought any money, kid?"
Dave (ignoring that he was being called kid again), shook his head. "No luck. And I don't suppose Any of you guys have much cash on you...?" He trailed off, not really sure.
Blaze and Streak shrugged and looked to Charger.

03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

'Well hey don't look at me, I don't have any cash on me...' Charger shruged.
'Didn't just you inherit a few million?' Kaira asked and gave him a harsh look.
Charger sighed.
'Do you see a bank anywhere near?' he grunted. The looked at Swick.
'And what do we need money for anyway right now?'

03-14-2006, 10:40 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

"Well maybe to buy some food..." Krisha said, who had approached the rest.

"Food?" Kix asked, "We can just go and hunt some..."

An old memory struk her and she smiled.

"Well I supose we just need to find a hospital. Charger is badly hurt, and money is the last thing we need now... Oh wait, do you have to pay for those hospitals?" Kix asked.

"Iono..." Krisha shrugged, and looked at the rest for an answer.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

03-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

'Probably,' Charger reacted. 'But if there's a hospital there's probably also a bank, so yea...'
Kaira nodded at Kix and Krisha.
'We should get going before he bleeds to death...'
'...hey it's not THAT bad!'
'...get in you two,' she smiled at the two cats.

03-14-2006, 01:20 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Both Kix and Krisha got in the trunk.

"Soo.. Where is the nearest hospital?" Krisha asked, trying to sit comfortably.

"Does anyone have a map?" Kix then asked.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

03-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Splat

ooc: Can I make a little suggestion?

Used, nothing against you personally, and nothing against your character or you being in this RPG, its good to get fresh blood and whatever, but right now everyone's trying to move on from Los Santos and with the sudden arrival of Swick it's slowing the RPGdown a lot, to get him in the story it'll either take us some time hanging about on the hillside as it gets dark or you'll jump into the car and it'll look really strange in the story. One minute you're a stranger, next you're in the car and everything.
I'm not saying you should leave the RPG, definately not, but really it's a bad time to join, and maybe it would be better if you stepped out, we pretend Swick didn't appear yet and then you come back in when we reach our next destination: the bank or hospital or whatever.
People in general can feel free to dissagree with me, but I think it would be better, just to wait a little while, we're all trying to get a move on anyway, so it shouldn't be too long before we get going.
No worries.

Grace was not pleased about being called 'not a threat', plus the fact this woman seemed to think she could order her about with a FLASH LIGHT! She reached for her badge.
Grace: "hey, listen, I'm a member of the Los Santos police force, and in this situation I don't think you really have the right or the control to tell us what to do. If you wanna survive this mess then stop thinking we're your prisoners or something and remember we're all in equal danger here. Stop messing about, we've either got to find our own way out of this or survive each other until rescue teams arrive."
She read 'Lord of the Flies' recently and wasn't enjoying this situation much.

ooc: (For those who care, Lord of the Flies is a book about some school kids who crash in a plane on a tiny island and end up fighting each other and two of thm are killed by the others. Tis a good book.)
Still waiting for Brewy

03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
the brew master
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: Umm...what?
: 494
the brew master  (10)

Drakko looked off into the distance and saw a car filled with people heading off.

"You better catch up,tell Charger i'll finish this later."

Drakko didn't bother waiting for a reply he just lay down and continued regaining his strength.

Whats stopping you?

03-15-2006, 11:20 AM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

:
ooc: Can I make a little suggestion?

Used, nothing against you personally, and nothing against your character or you being in this RPG, its good to get fresh blood and whatever, but right now everyone's trying to move on from Los Santos and with the sudden arrival of Swick it's slowing the RPGdown a lot, to get him in the story it'll either take us some time hanging about on the hillside as it gets dark or you'll jump into the car and it'll look really strange in the story. One minute you're a stranger, next you're in the car and everything.
I'm not saying you should leave the RPG, definately not, but really it's a bad time to join, and maybe it would be better if you stepped out, we pretend Swick didn't appear yet and then you come back in when we reach our next destination: the bank or hospital or whatever.
People in general can feel free to dissagree with me, but I think it would be better, just to wait a little while, we're all trying to get a move on anyway, so it shouldn't be too long before we get going.
No worries.
OOC: Thankyou for noticing. I had a feeling something like that was going on, that's why I posted only just yesterday. So thanks for some answers to my buzzing questions, and I'll check back in some time.

03-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Splat

ooc: No worries.
Cheers TBM!

Pseok looked at him as he lay down, feeling slightly confused. But with what counted for hm as a shrug, he took off and flew a few metres into the air and quickly caught sight of the car and flew towards them.
Pseok: "Charger? You alright, i heard you on the dam, and..." He spotted Charger's wound. "Are you ok?"

03-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

'Do I look okay to you?' he grunted.
Kaira gave him a harsh look before standing up and adressing the bird.
'Hey Pseok, glad to have you back again. Listnen, we need to get a move on again, could you maybe fly ahead, follow the road and point us to the nearest town? You'd help us out bigtime.'
Charger just nodded.
'Hmhm...'

03-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Splat

Pseok nodded, glanced at Havoc's arm and then pushed himself up into the air again.
Light was beginning to fade as the sun sank behind the high mountains to the west that they had flown over that morning and evening turned to night. Pseok's normally brilliant sight was not so good with so little daylight left, but circling slowly high up he spotted a large patch of lights to the North East, huddled on the end of an arm of the mountains where they stretched out briefly from the line before sinking back in. A trail of lights was running away from the distant city, stretching, apparently along the road, towards Los Santos. taking in as much as he could, he swung back down towards the ground.

Pseok: "There's a town towards the north west of here. If you drive about 50 metres down this road there's a turning to the left that should take you in the right direction. Looks like there are a lot of cars heading here, towards Los Santos. Ambulances and stuff, probably... Do you have a torch or something? Then i could fly over the road leading the way, so you could see me, until you can see the city yourself."

ooc: Hew, new section, might as well start a new day! Or new night, which usually comes first.
Hehe, no NHS in Los Santos then?

I'll add a new character soon, and most of you are aware of my intentions to get rid of Grace. She's really just not working as a character.

03-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

OOC: NHS? Whats NHS? :P

---

'Thanks Pseok,' Kiara told him with a friendly smile. Meanwhile Charger reached over to the small window giving him a look inside the car.
'Okay lets get going, There's a road on the left about 50 meters that way, it should get us to a town.'
He looked at Art as the numbskull just kept staring back at him. After an nasty silence, Charger stared at him with a calm look.
'Police, ambulance & the army are all on their way over here, which of those three is it you're waiting for, mister moron?'