Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)
A new friend?

(read 'Suspicions' first)

Spider wasn't sure what to make of this creature now. Should he attack it and ensure it doesn't eat anyone else or what? He didn't want to hurt it now...since it was kin to him.
"What am I goin' ter der with yer?" Spider mumbled to himself.
The creature squawked and suddenly put the 'hands' that was on its wings on Spider's shoulders.
"Careful Spider." he heard Olm say.
"It's ok...he won't hurt me, now that he knows we are....well...related."
As if to prove it, the creature licked Spider in the face.
"EEEEE YUCK!" Spider said making a face, "Quit that!"
Spider pushed the creature off of him and it lowered its head to the ground in a submissive pose. Then it walked forward and pressed it's head up against Spider's chest, whining. Spider was somewhat bewildered by its actions and didn't know how to respond....

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

08-19-2001, 06:01 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Olm watched the two of them in disbelief. They were so mismatched, and yet strangely in harmony. The huge creature seemed oddly submissive to Spider, even though it dwarfed him hugely. The creature rested its head on Spider's chest, closing its eyes and making a sort of growling sigh. Spider looked unsure of himself as he patted its head gently, but the scene was so perfect, so harmonious, that he seemed reluctant to shatter it.

Then it fell apart. Spider lurched backwards, clutching at his chest, and Olm remembered that Spider was due for another shot of antibiotics. Unfrtunately, Spider had shocked the creature when he fell, and it took to the wing, throwing Olm to the ground. By the time he had gotten up, it was quite far off and accelerating fast. Ignoring it for now, he rushed up to Spider, hurriedly preparing a syringe. It was fortunate, in a way, that Spider was almost bent double, since had he been stood upright, Olm would not have been able to reach to inject the antitoxins into the artery in his neck. He did so, causing Spider almost to collapse under the sedative effect. Olm was barely able to keep him upright as they returned slowly to Pyke...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-19-2001, 08:19 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Olm had barely got Spider inside his hut, when there was a timid knock at the door. Sighing, he opened it to see a young mudokon he didn't instantly recognise standing outside the door. "Yes?" he said irritably.

The messenger hesitated. "Cho'yo says he needs you in the Jail, quickly."

"What for?"

"A couple of strangers in a bad shape, possibly aggressive."

Olm sighed. "Okay, tell him I'll be down as soon as I can, I'm attending to Spider."

The messenger nodded and ran off without another word. Olm checked that there was no-one out in the street, then went to the top of the stairs down to the cellar.

"Jase," he called, "I need you!"

Jase flew up the stairs and whistled a question.

"Just look after Spider until I get back, okay? Make sure no-one sees you, but also that nothing happens to Spider. And if I'm gone longer than 2 hours, give him a shot of antitoxins every 2 hours, okay?" Jase buzzed. "Good." Olm went to pack up a medical bag. Remembering what the messenger had said about the strangers being aggressive, he packed some sedatives and suppressive drugs as well as the usual gear, then left, locking the door behind him.

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

08-19-2001, 08:33 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Spider groaned as he heard Olm give the instructions to the drone and left.
"I hate this..." he mumbled to himself, "I hate feeling weak and helpless like this. I'm too vulnrable, open ter attack. I'm even ter weak ter access my dragon side..."
All this reminded him once again of his time in the labs, after his fathers death. Until he was able to escape with the help of his fathers old assistent, he was at Myron's mercy. Once out of the main part of the labs he learned to fend for himself and eventrally got his revenage for the treatment he got and avenaged his father. He had hoped he would never feel so defenseless again, but recent events proved to him that there will always be times of helplessness dispite how strong you are.
Spider whined slightly, wishing he was 100% again. He was about to try to go to sleep when he heard something on the other side of the door.
Did Olm finish that quick?Spider thought as he listened. Something told Spider, instinct prehaps, that there was no way that could be Olm....

08-19-2001, 09:09 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Meanwhile, the winged crossbreed was perched in a tree, far from the village. He was happy about finding someone like him, finding his kin. But he sensed something wrong with Spider. He seemed weaker then he was when he had attacked him before...before he realized he was his kin.
Sick. Kin sick. he realized. He didn't know he was responsible for Spider illness, but he did know Spider would be unable to fend for himself very well in that state.
Help kin. Protect. He decided and was about to go find him again when something struck him mentally.
He suddenly felt pain and fear and it wasn't his own. He shrieked in raged as he realized what it meant.
Kin. Danger! Go Help! he thought as he took to the sky and flew as fast as he could back to the village, shrieking his anger all the way.

08-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: read 'Pyke' first]

When Olm reached his hut, he knocked gently to give Jase a warning to get out of sight, then opened the door.

The first thing he noticed was the empty bed, and the empty bottle of antitoxins beside it.

The second thing he noticed, as he ran to the bedside, was the broken window at the back.

The third thing he noticed was the burnt-out shell of Jase lying on the floor between the door and the bed...

Rushing from the bedside, he crouched beside what was left of Jase, and looked inside. His inside was almost completely hollow; nearly all of the circuitry had been scooped out and destroyed, and the remains lay scattered across the floor like litter.

"What's that?" Cho'yo's voice cut through Olm's reverie, and Olm remembered the crowd outside, looking in at him.

He looked down. "Well..."

A voice interrupted him. "I know what that is." All eyes in the crowd turned to the slig who'd spoken. "Saw a few in the Factory where I worked. That's a Drone, one of the new Glukkon guards." He turned to Olm, followed by all eyes in the crowd. "What's it doing here?"

Olm said nothing, but looked down.

Cho'yo frowned at him. "Wasn't Spider here before?"

A voice came from the back of the crowd. "He's been kidnapped!"

A murmur went up. Cho'yo frowed at Olm again. "Do you know where he is? Does this... thing have anything to do with it?" He indicated the lump of cold metal on the floor. "And how about the lizard?"

Olm hid his face is his hands. "I don't know, but Jase - the Drone - has nothing to do with it, I know. He was on our side."

Cho'yo's eyes narrowed as another murmur went up in the crowd. "Guards? Take the lizard back to its cell. And take our Former Doctor with it." And despite Olm's protestations, he was carried away...

08-19-2001, 11:38 PM
Zoolag
Sniper Wasp

: Jul 2001
: United Kingdom
: 287
Zoolag  (10)

Once again Injin awoke in that stale aired room. But this time as he awoke his arm was less sore and he smelt a new smell. It was like the one's that enhabited the village but in the same room as him. He pushed himself up and looked around, trying to find the creature in the dark. Slowly his eyes ejusted and he saw a frightened Mudokon in the corner of the room. His legs pulled tightly up to his chest as he sit. He watched Injin as he got up and looked back. Injin snorted and barked softly at first and Olm just froze in fright.

Injin: "Yu...gud?"

Injin asked softly and calmly, trying to not scare the poor creature even more. Olm opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, fear had a tight hold over his vocal cords and was stopping him from speaking. Injin smelt this and slowly padded upto him on all fours and patted him on the head.

Injin: "Yu 'elped meee?"

Injin raised his arm with the cast on it and smiled showing his razor sharp teeth.

Olm: "Wh-why did you come here...why did you run into the village like that?"

Injin looked surprised by the answer and stood up fully, towering over the sat Olm.

Injin: "Tey wantd twwo killz me...tak me soull didd teyy!"

Olm listened and tried to understand what he was saying. He nodded and stood up, his legs shaking a bit.

Olm: "They wanted your soul? What for?"

Injin shrugged and snorted before turning around and walking to the other side of the room.

Injin: "Y yu in 'ere..werz ded bodii?"

Olm: "They took it away for incineration...i dont know why i am in here and they still have you in here because you were thought of as dangerous and we previously had a horde of your race attacking the village with the God of death...Orans or sumin like that"

Injin span around with his eyes wide. He took some steps towards Olm but then stopped as he could see him back away, still weary.

Injin: "Obitus...wazz ik 'im!? Obitus?!"

Olm pondered for a moment and nodded.

Olm: "Something like that yes...why?"

Injin: "He coropt...he wannt to takk ovaa!! Wannt too be owt ov Dreeeem worldd...and inn thizz won!"

Olm looked and tilted his head...he couldn't fully understand what the creature was saying but repeated what he thought it had said to make sure.

Olm: "Your God is in the dream world and wants to break free into this one?"

He studied Injin and realised he was right when Injin nodded exitedly.

Injin: "Heee wil ven kil meee and takk me sowel..yu gottaaa 'elp Injin...'elp!!"

Olm: "Are..are you Injin...is that your name?"

Olm took a step forward and asked calmly, holding out his hand palm up to show he wasn't concealing any weapon. Injin placed his claw on Olm's and nodded. Saliva dripping from lower jaw.

Olm: "I'm Olm...nice to meet you Injin. What race are you?"

Injin looked at Olm and studied his mouth. Watching what he was saying and slowly nodding.

Injin: "I izz Reptilian...Summoned Reptilian!"

He looked pleased with declaring his race. It seemed to Olm although he hated his counter parts and his God he liked being him.

Olm: "What is a Summoned Reptilian..is it new?"

Injin shook his head and drool flung across the room.

Injin: "Wee r firrst. We are firrrst Reptilians...I can no say thaa hiztory inn your speek"

Olm nodded and patted Injin on the shoulder.

Olm: "I understand...i have a translater chip back in the lab. It is a prototype and it may help with your speech and understanding skills"

Injin: "Larrrb...wot tis? Prokotip? I no understandd...telll"

Olm shook his head and again patted Injin on the shoulder.

Olm: "Later...i shall tell you about it later. You dont need to know about it now"

Injin understood and nodded his head slowly. Then turned back around and padded to the other end of the room. As he did he heard something on the roof and turned around and sniffed. The smell was of the same as Olm but had other smells to it. He caught a glimpse of it through one of the roof and recognised it as a guard...like the ones at the gate that time.

Guard: "Here you are Doc...some food for you and you friend!"

The guard opened a hatch in the roof and threw some meat down and other pieces of food. Injin immediatly snatched them up with his good arm and started to eat...he hadn't ate in ages and it was good to finally get something inside him. Olm moved forward slowly, looking up at the guard throwing them down. Then, as he watched the guard laughed and flung down the hatch...and slowly made his way to the edge of the hut and climbed down...
08-20-2001, 12:58 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: are you sure the ordinary people of the village would know about the dragon god thing and the reptillian thing? i mean, it was only Cyrus, Spider, and Hunter who really fought them...]

08-20-2001, 02:34 PM
Zoolag
Sniper Wasp

Zoolag  (10)

(OOC: Yeh, but they did attack the village and kill alot of people...i always think of Pyke as a small village were people knew each other...if its a big village than maybe not. But for arguements sake shall we jus' say Olm knew)
08-20-2001, 04:47 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Olm glanced over at the Reptillian, who appeared asleep. Looking up, he couldn't see the guards, but he turned to face the wall anyway. Reaching into his jacket, he removed a slightly battered piece of metal. Feeling around it, he located what he was looking for, and operated a small switch. With a low hum, lights began to flicker on, but then faded away almost as soon as they switched on. Cursing, Olm made to replace it in his jacket pocket.

"Wha Ssat?"

Jumping, Olm turned suddenly. He had never even heard the Reptillian approach. Cursing himself for being so unobservant, he considers lying, but can't be bothered to make anything up. Besides, their guard wasn't about to listen to what Injin had to say...

"It's Jase's backup Mind." Seeing the other's puzzled expression, he sighed. "It's the mind of a friend of mine, but it needs power to work, and we don't have any."

Injin seemed to still be confused. "Hooww duss dat-

"What are you saying down there?" The guard's voice echoed down into the cell, making them both jump slightly. Olm walked until he was under the grill, and looked up.

"Look, Nef, I know you. Last month I fixed your friend's broken leg, remember? You know me, and I'm no traitor! Why are you keeping me down here?"

Nef's eyes softened, but he pulled himself up. "Nothin I can do, I'm afraid. Mayor's Orders. Gotta keep you here until they decide what to do with you. Sorry." And he walked away...

Olm sat dejectedly on the edge on the bunk. Injin sat and looked at him, understanding what it was like to be thought of as a traitor.

08-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Zoolag
Sniper Wasp

Zoolag  (10)

(OOC: OK...this is a reminder...Dr Olm and i were talking and we just realised NO ONE IS TRYING TO RESCUE US!! So plz...b civilised and attempt a rescue. Dr Olm is getting very distressed and holding a hyperdermic syringe to his genitalia...so plz..hurry!!!!)
08-22-2001, 05:30 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

{OOC: Oryon, talk to me on MSN about the rescue thing)

08-22-2001, 06:40 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: hehe, patience, my friend, i'm sure someone'll break you out sooner or later...]

08-22-2001, 09:44 PM
Zoolag
Sniper Wasp

Zoolag  (10)

Injin was lied on the floor while Olm rested on the top bunk. Injin wasn't used to been cooped up in these filthy conditions. Not only was it filthy, smells of dead cell mates staled the air. Making it very unbreathable for all with a keen sense of smell like him. The boredom was very frustrating aswell. Usually if he was bored he would chase other creatures that were smaller than him, or maybe climb a few tree's. But he couldn't do that here. There is no tree's or no bush's. There is no sma...suddenly Injin was brought out of his depressing thoughts by a scuttle in the corner. His eyes scanned the darkness and found a little hole in the wall. There he could see two large green eyes staring back at him. Injin stood up on all fours and snorted at the little rodent. It seemed to sink back deeper into the hole as he did this. He snarled and padded closer to the wall. Not taking his eyes off it, and trying not to startle the creature too much. As he got closer he reached out his right claw and moved it slowly towards the hole. His eyes gleaming he waited for the eyes to appear again, standing ever so still.
"Eeek!"
The tiny squeek came from inside the hole but was not caused by Injin. He had stayed motionless awaiting the tiny creature to come closer. Something he realised was not going to happen as he bowed his head and looked into the hole. All he saw was the creatures tail and that was all. Nothing more apart from a few bones and a bit of blood was left. Injin grunted and then returned to his bunk. Not caring for what just happened but instead wanting to get out and hunt for more of its specie...the Rats...
10-06-2001, 03:27 AM
SlogMaster
Stunk

: Sep 2001
: Cali
: 36
SlogMaster  (10)

yea, i'm probally late, but if you're still playin this one, tell me, especailly if it's in pyke, my character's bored and needs something to do, he's waiting by a tiki torch type thing (if the torches are even in pyke)

10-06-2001, 12:46 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: this plot is dead, if a plot is a long time ago, DON'T DIG IT UP, it'll be of no use...]