Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)
Oddworld My dreams for our Community

Dear members and OWF Staff,

The time has come that we should come together, and repair our community, we have to stop fighting and bickering over things, this is a new age, and we have to become strong.....As some know i visit the Oddchat all the time and i talk to members and try to sort out there problems, allot of them are losing hope......it really makes me sad to hear that.....my good friend Al the Vykker threatend to leave....i care for them deeply and i stoped him...of course he didnt want to leave..its just that we all have problems both here and at home....i just want everything to be better..i want the community to come closer, as friends. I love this place and i never want to see it fall, my friends are here, my reputation here is to much to give up....lets not lose hope...lets work together to rebuild thses forums...and get our members more involved. I understand we will need some new Mods..and if so may we have those that we can rely one and that are true at heart and caring.... my friends i want only the best for you and i, i hope you all agree, my heart goes with the members and OWF staff. lets make OWF a better place together

-Sincerely Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-18-2002 at 04:43 PM..
08-19-2002, 12:41 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

That is why I am glad to have friends Like Kaimana here. I almost made a terrible mistake when I heard one of the rumors, which will remain silent for now, but I feared from what I heard of this rumor was not true, I feared that corruption had touched more than one Admin here, and that it was spreading. I hope part of what I heard was not true, but I cannot be sure. I will remain here until I know if I should leave or not, but this forum has been part of my life in the past year I have been connected with my true friends, even if I have never met them in person, I know that is one of the main things that kept me from leaving, and I hope it will always bind me to this website and my friends, I see now what power can do to some individuals, and I pray it doesnt happen to anyone else here even me, If you wish to discuss what made me so upset, Pm or talk with me on oddchat, thank you. And thank you Kaimana for helping me.

Sincerely, Al the Vykker
08-19-2002, 01:35 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Hey don't cha' worry guys and gals!

If you have any requests, suggestions or ideas then post them here! Eventually we'll move this to the new Suggestions forum, which will appear soon.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Kaimana -- Oh my goodness, it is such a relief to hear the words of an individual who cares as much for this community as I do. I only wish to see issues mended as well as you. I stepped in when I did to prevent the fall of the forums... there is much that non-supporters do not understand; what was going on behind the scenes and where the forums were headed.
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Like Kai, I hope with all my heart and soul that those who really care and remain will find it in their hearts to forgive. I have risked my entire decent reputation over this, but it was a risk I considered and found to be worth taking. Support and caring is all this community needs.

08-19-2002, 01:46 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I have a feeling nothing mroe is really going to come but good. Members that are against it are leaving, which would end the conflict. I think whatever our staff (plus any futures) will keep hold. I don't think anything like this will happen again. In the long run theres now only one admin. A closed topic taht pertains some OWF history. A new forum for people to go to. And a new future staff. Be happy about it
08-19-2002, 01:51 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

I am happy about it. Peace, friendship, and caring is all i would want for this forum...Whoever will cover as our new adminastrative staff i wish them the best. But as i have said before, we are here as friends lets keep these forums going and have it for the fans by the fans. We must all get more involved in making the renewed forums better then the last

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-18-2002 at 06:01 PM..
08-19-2002, 02:09 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
(1)The time has come that we should come together, and repair our community, we have to stop fighting and bickering over things, (2)this is a new age, and we have to become strong.....(3)As some know i visit the Oddchat all the time and i talk to members and (4)try to sort out there problems, allot of them are losing hope......it really makes me sad to hear that.....my good friend Al the Vykker threatend to leave....i care for them deeply and i stoped him...of course he didnt want to leave..its just that we all have problems both here and at home....i just want everything to be better..(5)i want the community to come closer,(6) as friends.(7) I love this place and i never want to see it fall,(8) my friends are here,(9) my reputation here is to much to give up....(10)lets not lose hope...lets work together to rebuild thses forums...and get our members more involved. I understand we will need some new Mods..(11)and if so may we have those that we can rely one and that are true at heart and caring....(12) my friends i want only the best for you and i, i hope you all agree, my heart goes with the members and OWF staff. lets make OWF a better place together
(1) - God. Spoil my fun. The most exciting part was the fighting and bickering!!

(2) - Its not a new age. Its the end of a 'Era' in a sad sort of way (Not sad 'boo-hoo')

(3) - Good God...You actually TALK to them!?

(4) - Wow, you are the original Dr Freud!! And K...nothing gets better in life...

(5) - *To be said in a suddenly interested tone of voice* Really??

(6) - Oh...shit

(7) - Well...it wont. Its been held up by the children...

(8) - Your ONLY friends!?

(9) - Your ONLY reputation!?

(10) - Yes. Come on men...lets rebuild them *Plays Funeral march* whoops...wrong song!!

(11) - Ugh. And what happens when the caring ones hit puberty?

(12) - Dont be so sentimental...

Now, dont get me wrong. I do like Kainmana. Its just his post was so serious and depressing!! He's what...15!? Jesus.

NEXT;

:
That is why I am glad to have friends Like Kaimana here.(1) I almost made a terrible mistake when I heard one of the rumors,(2) which will remain silent for now,(3) but I feared from what I heard of this rumor was not true,(4) I feared that corruption had touched more than one Admin here,(5) and that it was spreading. I hope part of what I heard was not true, but I cannot be sure. I will remain here until I know if I should leave or not,(6) but this forum has been part of my life in the past year(7) I have been connected with my true friends,(8) even if I have never met them in person, I know that is one of the main things that kept me from leaving, and I hope it will always bind me to this website and my friends, I see now what power can do to some individuals, and I pray it doesnt happen to anyone else here even me, If you wish to discuss what made me so upset, Pm or talk with me on oddchat, thank you. And thank you Kaimana for helping me.
(1) - Yes, its immensly terrible. Especially compared to things that actually MATTER...

(2) - Ugh...

(3) - So, you attempted to leave cos the rumour you fear might not be true?

(4) - Which Admin...?

(5) - Corruption spreads only were it has liable hosts...as it were...

(6) - And you actually admit that...

(7) - Yes...the people you dont know who could be 47 yr old men!!

(8) - See above...Also, why do you actually care!? Its a forum...a internet past time...not your life!?

Ok, so i sound abit bitter. Well, its the fact that so many actually dedicate their life to this...its sad and when something happens they shit themselves. Think about people with actual problems. You dont even know what corruption is!!

NEXT;

:
(1)Kaimana -- Oh my goodness, it is such a relief to hear the words of an individual who cares as much for this community as I do.(2) I only wish to see issues mended as well as you.(3) I stepped in when I did to prevent the fall of the forums... (4)there is much that non-supporters do not understand;(5) what was going on behind the scenes and where the forums were headed.
Like Kai,(6) I hope with all my heart and soul that those who really care and remain will find it in their hearts to forgive. I have risked my entire decent reputation over this,(7) but it was a risk I considered and found to be worth taking.(8) Support and caring is all this community needs.
(1) - Its ashame isn't it...?

(2) - Well. Some might say "You should have thought about that before..." blah-blah-blah...Im just gonna say, you should have owned upto everything even if it was lies instead of argued...it just made things worse.

(3) - So...this is your sucess?

(4) - Yes...Yes im sure there is. Like things about games and fiction...

(5) - If the forums were headed to a 'dark place' who really cares? Im sure we would have managed!!

(6) - I dont really care about anything internet based. I come on here to entertain my ickle mind...

(7) - Try saying that in the real world...

(8) - Dont be including me in any group hugs...

Again, it may sound bitter but please. People are making it out to be a real tradgedy...and its not...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-19-2002, 02:15 AM
Pilot

Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Everyone: regardless of what happens, everything is going to be great! Peace and happiness is what I dream for, and although it may be just out of reach at times, it is our hopefulness that drives us further towards it.

Jacob, Kai seems like a very mature person to me. But even now that you are off of probation, I feel I have nothing to fear from you. Things have happened in the past, but we all have parts of our past we don't like to remember. So of course you're forgiven.

08-19-2002, 02:16 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Thank you very much Chris your input is well needed.
After all we need some fun here. But to be serious i said that from my heart. Whatever i say, i dont wish for any of it to go into the wrong perspective, i just care And i am sorry Chris if my post did seem depressing all of wich i understand, but in reality i am very happy of what has become of the forums

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-18-2002 at 06:27 PM..
08-19-2002, 02:40 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
I feel I have nothing to fear from you.
I dont want to be feared?

Im not really into the whole "Forgive" and "Hug" and "I care" and "Im sorry" stuff. Whether im saying it to somebody or somebody is saying it to me...it makes me feel uncomfortable...Unless its a really cute girl...Then i'd be ok...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-19-2002, 03:44 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

Kaimana, I'm a little shocked at your sudden change of favorites here. Are you forgetting it was you who begged me to ban Joe the Intern and Disgruntled Intern?

As for this forum, I don't believe it will get better. The golden age of Oddworld Forums ended about the time Justin's server began being used. All the new administration will do is stomp out people with mild Oddworld interests and encourage mindless fans on the verge of mental illness to spread their diseases. How's that for poetry, Justin?

08-19-2002, 04:01 AM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Jacob, don't worry. Nobody is hugging you.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp If the Golden Age has ended, then the Platinum age has just begun.
Poetry? I like poetry. Especially when it is well composed. And I don't like the rythym of that.

08-19-2002, 04:02 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Syd let me make something clear, i dont know but i just cant leave and take your side..i have a place here..a home where i built my forum reputation. I asked you for help if you could stop those two from making cruel remarks about me...now Joe the Intern did not do anything and i asked you to make his bann temporary it was you who said no and just made it permanent...and besides you where the one who said ill ban them before i even asked. How could you make me look like the bad one. i was making a statement that i and others where being harrased, you took it past that and carried on the banning. im just making that clear right now. it is you i am shocked at. You know i love these forums, when you leave do you expect me to leave with you..im sorry thats all i will say.

08-19-2002, 04:09 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

Kaimana, I understand. But you encouraged and expressed delight at my punishment of them, nothing at all resembling shock.

I understand that you want to stay here. After all, it was a great community. It's sad I have to say goodbye, myself. At least acknowledge that I have contributed a great deal of time, money and energy on these forums. I founded them, I designed them, and I encouraged their growth. Justin has simply hosted the server in recent times, but I've now discovered that he craves recognition for this fact, and believes being host of the server gives him some sort of dominance over the founding member. I always expressed appreciation of his generosity, but it seems that wasn't enough.

08-19-2002, 04:15 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Syd i do acknowledge your great contribution, and i am afraid that i delighted in the Banning so i could get the insults off my back...was that not understood?

08-19-2002, 04:18 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

Of course it's understood. I thought I was doing you a favour by stopping the insults.

08-19-2002, 04:23 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Well it is apparent that it didnt help...yet i acknowledge you doing a favor their bans were up lifted and we became friends again...i didnt think a banning was the true way to solve it you just did it.

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-18-2002 at 08:25 PM..
08-19-2002, 04:24 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Kaimana, I understand. But you encouraged and expressed delight at my punishment of them, nothing at all resembling shock.

I understand that you want to stay here. After all, it was a great community. It's sad I have to say goodbye, myself. At least acknowledge that I have contributed a great deal of time, money and energy on these forums. I founded them, I designed them, and I encouraged their growth. Justin has simply hosted the server in recent times, but I've now discovered that he craves recognition for this fact, and believes being host of the server gives him some sort of dominance over the founding member. I always expressed appreciation of his generosity, but it seems that wasn't enough.
Sydney!
Please listen to a wish of me. Please lead us to the wonderful future.
This forums was produced by Abe Babe with you, and was raised. You are real parents.
We the members are your children.
We love you.............

atusiya@'s father....
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

08-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
Originally posted by atusiya@

Sydney!
Please listen to a wish of me. Please lead us to the wonderful future.
This forums was produced by Abe Babe with you, and was raised. You are real parents.
We the members are your children.
We love you.............

atusiya@'s father....
Thanks for the sentiments atusiya@'s father, but if you haven't realised, Pilot and Abe Babe took it upon themselves to abuse their power by removing the founding member's administrative powers. I'm no longer an administrator here.

08-19-2002, 04:41 AM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Oh, knock it off. Perhaps we abused our "power," but you were constantly abusing yours also. That is why this happened. Funny you talking about abuse of power...
I do not wish to argue over this any more; for the sake of all the members who could care less, in fact. It is really not a useful tactic. I have already ushered anybody who doesn't like me or the new Administration to your site.

We are only standing up for our rights and the rights of the users of this board.

08-19-2002, 04:45 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

Then you should have mentioned it to me.

I don't want to talk about this either. The facts have been clearly presented to everyone here. The character of members will be determined by how they act on these facts.

End of discussion.

08-19-2002, 04:48 AM
Pilot

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thank you. Fellow members, based upon the facts presented... choose your path. There's nothing else I can do but leave everyone to their own judgement and will. But I do remind you... make sure you know the actual "facts" from both sides before making a decision. That is fair enough.

08-19-2002, 04:54 AM
Squinge
Stunk

: Aug 2002
: Austin, Tx.
: 35
Squinge  (10)

I have already chosen.

I choose both.

Both places are fun and have alot to offer.

Though I must admit, I am glad that part is over(the mud-slinging, that is).

Now, excuse me, I feel a frolic coming on...

Wheeeeeee..
heh heh

08-19-2002, 09:44 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

I agree with Kai but also with sydney. If he had abused his power he would hav banned me a LONG LONG time ago.I used to flame and get in fights and other such mishaps. I've got better over the year because of everyones kind nature on the forums. I Don't want to leave but if i don't what will i leave behind? A smouldering chaous or a beautiful haven. Iwill keep coming back in the next wek. If it turns bad then i will stay at syds place, if not i will come to both. I am not sure what you call the 'golden age' is. artly i do not want to know, but t sends shivers up my spine when Pilot says he loves the forums. Thank you
THE END 12:22PM 19/08/02
Rex Tirano

08-19-2002, 10:11 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Rex, that is where things changed. Back when you were doing those things, bannings were not enforced like they are now. Unfortunately in some cases the bannings went too far.

You and others will always be welcome here, even those who decide to contribute to Sydney's new forum also. No one says that one must visit one forum only.

Yes, we still will be enforcing the rules, but we will be doing so fairly. And in some cases discussing with the members about such. It would only be extreme and obvious violaton of the rules where bans will be made instantly by OWF staff members.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Pilot and Abe Babe If you want the best for the oddworld forums why did you trash it? It sad now. Half the people are going. Did ever expect this? In your wonderful make believe forums? Did you? I much prefer syd and so does molluck! Good Day! *nods head Violently*

08-19-2002, 02:28 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I have to say that this is defenitly a big turn around for the good. Pilot when I saw the three of you fighting I was worried that this place would no longer exist. I was thinking about the whole time I have been here and how many new friends I made here in the past year. Whats even better is that we are perfect strangers. Ya know?

I thought to myself that if this place were to go then I would no longer have strangers as my friends to talk to and share ideas. It's a funny feeling to me. I would no longer be abel to talk and share my ideas to people of this world. That would be a shame. A few days ago I thought to myself that maybe I should leave too but I know that will never happen. I am an Oddworld fan and this community is all I got that I can have my voice heard about the things we all like "Oddworld"

What I have to say may sound pointless or dumb but I will say it anyway. My dream for this forum is for everyone to respect everybody's opinion on his or her views. Even if the other person doesent agree. I dream of a place where nobody will put you down for something you said. They can say their views and we could have a nice healthy arguement. But for calling people bad things can hurt them a lot.

I believe people who put others down for their views shall not have a place in this community. Yes we should give them a chance but how many chances have we given these type of people?

Lastly I want to say that this idea haveing this new board up is a very great idea. And I believe that this will work.

Paramiteabe...

Last edited by paramiteabe; 08-19-2002 at 06:32 AM..
08-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I think the forums may be lsoing some older members, which is sad, but most here seem to se the depressing side. Sydney is no longer admin (wether unfair or not) and older members are leaving. The forums are still growing, and there are still older members here that would stick till the end. I'd hate to consider myself a vetran in any way, but to think about it, the few members from before still posting are me, Jacob, Xavier, Odssville, Al the Vykker and Paramiteabe. And the staff of course. More to the point, be thankful there are people willing to trust the staff and stay. new members will join, and there are still plenty more new members that are continuing to post.

Plus, thank god for the bickering has ended. I would hate to see a 3rd topic closed about this incident. We have a new forum, new backgorunds coming, and (sad, yet almost funny) we have nothing to lose yet some people (like me) are still happy to be here. I wouldn't consider leaving.

O dear. Due to crappily slow interent, and several errors through trying to reply here, I have double posted. Eh...

Edit: No problem!

Last edited by Majic; 08-19-2002 at 02:44 PM..
08-20-2002, 02:50 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

I couldnt agree with you more Majic, i am happy of the forums direction it is going good, i trust the staff and i will continue to post for as long as i remain sane and healthy but seriously i am looking to a good future here

GO OIPT sorry i just had to say that i love my team

08-20-2002, 03:52 AM
Squinge
Stunk

: Aug 2002
: Austin, Tx.
: 35
Squinge  (10)

I'm hoping that the forums will become more relaxed soon. It seems a bit formal for an OddWorld site, and to me, that's just not in the Odd spirit. Humor, mayhem, and freedom to post should be the order of the day. I do not think that it's good to be over-structured. I realise that I am new to this forum, but I have been a Mod before, and too many rules can ruin the whole spirit of any forum.
Thanks for creating a place where we can speak our minds, without the worry of being censored.

Thanks again-Squinge.