The Iconoclast
Stunk

: Feb 2007
: Brooklyn,NY
: 45
The Iconoclast  (10)

You answered your own question buddy...

they're retards

Whoever said this place was insular nailed it...but believe me...they can't drive me away...its asshole moderators like nate dog that ban me for a week...now that pissed me off

Anyway...its ok rich...its the nature of the human mind...or any mind for that matter. it likes to know its on stable, solid ground. Anything trying to penetrate into that world and shake the stability is seen as a threat. Of course being a follower of Nietzsche, who claimed that there should be chaos in our lives, I refuse for a second to stand anywhere thats comfortable and stable as it leads to what you see here. They won't grow because they have their comfortable little hole. W/e...I'm gonna go ahead and find some chaos...I'll catch you people on the flip side cuz this steef drawing might take me a while... Should I use pure graphite or charcoal?...I want to do steef justice...or at least his head...
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
Why do you retards always seek to destroy and drive away any interesting member who has something controversial and innovative to say?
For many reasons, including (but not limited to):

1. Disrespectful and/or insulting to anyone who did agree with him. If you can't believe this, start at the first post and begin to read.

2. Pulled a Lord Vulcher. He wants to make his own forum, and acts as if it is the greatest idea ever, despite countless examples of other people with similar ideas, only to waste their cash on an empty shell of a forum.

3. Blatantly refused to listen to constructive criticism, claiming that the people suggesting ideas were stupid for thinking of it, and, like always, insulting and/or being disrespectful to them.

4. Not submitting to the authority of mods and/or admids, after they warned him many times. Continued to be disrespectful, insulting, and childish in his replies.

Now, I won't say the idea wasn't valid, because it seemed good at the time. I would be interested to at least try the test forum, but other than that I'm not crazy about it, because of reasons I previously posted.

Wrex.

02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

Once again, I couldn't have said it better myself, mitsur.

02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

1) I was exuberantly grateful to any who supported me. It's not my fault SeaRex can't take a joke. Notice the frequent comments thanking people for siding with me. God forbid if any of us for one second feel insulted...

2)I have yet to see a forum like this...

3)This is a touchy one. Mitsur...we, that is to say I in my continued deviance from social norms have lost touch with things thta might seem common or obvious to you. I've entered the realm of analytical thought. It's crazy... The point being, its quite different and way above and beyond. Though I can't quite communicate my world to you, I can at least attempt to justify myself in that I think I'm entitled to a bit of resentment towards other so called opinions when I have to disect every single word and thought that goes in and out of my mind...when I have to ask why until the bones of the matter are laid bare. I'm the guy that asks his coworker why she wears a cross to make her realize that she herself has no idea. I live and breathe individual purpose. I think you can forgive me when I have to be spoken down to by people who's responses are clearly not derived from a method of such depth and scope. Wow I come off conceited! But no...I'm not saying I'm better...I'm different. How am I different? My mode of thinking...the one that probes the depths you normals fear. Yeah that's right...I called you normals! If I were you, I'd be offended. Normality is so heinous a concept that it can only be applied as an insult. Anywho.

4)I came into basketball class one day in half my uniform. The bottom half belonged to the uniform, the top half did not. The coach told me: "I'm marking you unprepared." I asked him why. He said because I'm missing the shirt portion of the uniform. I said, I can't exactly pay for a shirt for each day of the week nor will I wash one shirt repeatedly. He said: "Rules are rules." I wanted to flip him off and call hima filthy bureaucrat opressor. But I went to play some b ball instead. I have such loathing for anyone who threatens me by means of some authority. Yeah...I double posted and I insulted. I double posted because I can't have completely different thoughts in the same post. You wouldn't put two books inside one cover would you? But that's just me. As for insults...really people...lighten up. You should see me when I crack out the mama jokes. Ha! Jo'mama! "I gotta bag Jo'mama!" "Jo'mama's goin' down!"

Now that I've adressed mitsur's issues and defended my integrity and therefore the integrity of my backers, it's time to dish out some PAYNE!!! Pain to the Max...

Snuzi...if I had a dollar for every brain you don't have...I'd have one dollar. But more importantly, if I had a dime for every time you leeched off someone else's post without adding ANYTHING, I could afford that brain you keep trying to get from the wizard. Damn...that was LAME cubed!

Mitsur- You know Iconoclast, you're a disrespectful son of a bitch...DON'T LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
Snuzi- Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh???!!!??? Yeah! What he said! SQUARED!!!!
Iconoclast- *exasperated sigh*

Mitsur- You know Iconoclast, you're not such a despicable mother lover after all!
Snuzi- *slurp slurp* Ah... oh yeah! What he said!
Iconclast- F@ck this c@ck inhaler!

This has been another episode...of masterpiece theater...

If that doesn't earn me a permanent ban...the mods aren't doing their job! lol

Like I said...everyone in favor...contact me. Every against...form a 10 mile spanking machine and let snuzi go first.

Now it's time to collect my little poem and idea before I'm surely banned. Wouldn't want to lose my surprisingly good idea...and COPYRIGHTED poem! That's right! You thought you could steal MY intelectual property!!!!! Think again BITCHEZ!!!!!!!! jk

oh shit! I see SeaRex lurking there...dude...don't yell at me again...I honestly didn't mean to offend you...I got a little...excited...that's all

Last edited by The Iconoclast; 02-26-2007 at 06:43 PM..
02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
1) I was exuberantly grateful to any who supported me. It's not my fault SeaRex can't take a joke. Notice the frequent comments thanking people for siding with me. God forbid if any of us for one second feel insulted...
Joke my ass, IconoReese. Not my fault you pushed away some of your only support, especially since I was so adamant about the whole subject in the first place. Shit move, buddy.

And you know, I can take a joke just as well as the next guy. What I can't take is unconstructive criticism, especially coming from someone who hasn't proposed anything all that interesting or innovative in the first place. A forum for artistically superior games? I'll always be for it. But not when it's being spearheaded by an arrogant whelp that's so self-righteous that he can't even realize that no one is reading his poorly constructed, half-page rants anymore.

So you can go off and create your "K for a C acronym" website if that's what you think is cool, but if what you've been spewing here is your idea of a proper critique in a team-based environment, then you're not going to get far. You'll be going it alone.

Prove me wrong, slut. I'll be waiting, and I am gracious in defeat, so bring back the goods when you have them.
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

:
Snuzi...if I had a dollar for every brain you don't have...I'd have one dollar. But more importantly, if I had a dime for every time you leeched off someone else's post without adding ANYTHING, I could afford that brain you keep trying to get from the wizard. Damn...that was LAME cubed!
First of all, stop using freaking Spongebob humor. Second of all, the only reason I'm not putting in my own input about what I think of your bullshit is because I've already done so countless times. I don't want to waste another second with your senselessness, dude. So, instead of typing up an essay about your faults, I agreed with mitusr, who already phrased your offenses perfectly.

Last edited by snuzi; 02-26-2007 at 07:27 PM..
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

oh SeaRex...I lament your loss

and by the way...oak is already spelled with a "K" and not a "c"...so you kinda missed the whole point there...personally i've never heard of Oac trees...

but when i do have my oaK set up...I'll be sure hold my head up in dignity...not that this event will ever happen what with my lack of html skills...

really hobo...now would be a VERY GOOD time...and max! how is my backup NEVER there when I actually need them...

spongebob humour is timeless

and why SeaRex would you call me a slut? That's just so...random.

Alcar...you should close this thread...that way I can leave with peace and a sense of closure. I'm obviously not gonna be able to recover anything from here....hobo and the rest of the gang doesn't seem to have the INITIATIVE to take action. Support is nice...but action is better. I had faith hobo...really...and apparently, according to the general will and concensus of OWF, people don't like you and you don't contribute....shame hobo...SHAME! lmao...what a bunch of sorry ass bastards....come dear hobo...email me...WE WILL RULE THEM ALL!!!!!!

but really...alcar...this thing is dead...noone's even discussing the idea anymore...finish it off
02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

EDIT: was responding to Rich's post on the previous page.

02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

To Icono, sorry you don't like people with my mentality, honestly I don't like you either for some of the reason people listed above (insulting, not open to other people critiscim, being an super ego,...), but I have to admit your basic idea was good.

To SeaRex, I like the idea of a forum for artistically superior games too. But I don't feel like cooperating with IconoReese at all. Now he gave us the idea, what do we need him for?
I mean we have huge server space, and I'm sure some people here would love to help us with some free forum software (if not I can do it myself).

02-27-2007, 08:09 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
To SeaRex, I like the idea of a forum for artistically superior games too. But I don't feel like cooperating with IconoReese at all. Now he gave us the idea, what do we need him for?
I mean we have huge server space, and I'm sure some people here would love to help us with some free forum software (if not I can do it myself).
It's funny, because he didn't even come up with the idea in the first place. He just had a slight chance of reviving support for the whole thing, and promptly lost it.

And IconoReese, when you first proposed the whole "OAK" idea, I'm positive you wanted the last word to be "Kreation" or something like that (I honestly don't have the time to wade through all the posts on the first page to be sure), hence the "K for a C" thing. It's been done. Even if you're misspelling the word in the spirit of OW (Khanzumer, etc), it's still just a cheesy idea.

And lastly, a little friendly advice: if you do plan on trying to make this thing, you need to hang on to all the support you can get. If your team isn't happy, then your idea is never going to come to fruition.
02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
And hobo, you should probably follow him. You don't contribute to this forum what so ever, and about 99 percent of the people hate you and are sick of you being around.
^ Truth

By the way, who are you? Did you join up last week or something? Welcome to The Oddworld Forums!

:
Why do you retards always seek to destroy and drive away any interesting member who has something controversial and innovative to say?
^ Also Truth

:
No

Lock the fucker.
02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Ha! Truth hurts!

Xav-Why don't we have a test run and put minimal effort into something that requires a great deal?
Iconoclast- This is an all or nothing kind of deal, that doesn't sound like a good plan.
Xav- You're STUPID!
Xav- NO YOU"RE STUPID!!!

I wish I could make everyone here who accuses me of letting some super ego dominate me and being harsh towards criticism. Sadly, every attempt at doing so has apparently been ignored.

SeaRex...I don't settle. My group is either with me or they're not. I don't think I'd want group members who'd throw a week long hissy fit and turn against me because I shot down their idea. I'm not gonna keep people around whom I have to tip toe like they're always on the verge of hysterics...cuz god forbid I'm ever out of line. How was I supposed to know your vagina was bleeding at the time?

and really...enough with the c and the k...it's so trivial

Hobo...just out of curiosity...why is it that you never directly adress me but rather defend me indirectly?

Anyway...somebody put this bitch out of its misery...

I hope you'll have a great time discussing how blue abe is and why steef is so runt-like once i'm gone...unless of course you follow xav and steal my idea...of course you'll probably do some stupid shit like keep it in this forum...that'll really get people riled up about it...have fun
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
Ha! Truth hurts!

Xav-Why don't we have a test run and put minimal effort into something that requires a great deal?
Iconoclast- This is an all or nothing kind of deal, that doesn't sound like a good plan.
Xav- You're STUPID!
Xav- NO YOU"RE STUPID!!!

I wish I could make everyone here who accuses me of letting some super ego dominate me and being harsh towards criticism. Sadly, every attempt at doing so has apparently been ignored.

SeaRex...I don't settle. My group is either with me or they're not. I don't think I'd want group members who'd throw a week long hissy fit and turn against me because I shot down their idea. I'm not gonna keep people around whom I have to tip toe like they're always on the verge of hysterics...cuz god forbid I'm ever out of line. How was I supposed to know your vagina was bleeding at the time?

and really...enough with the c and the k...it's so trivial

Hobo...just out of curiosity...why is it that you never directly adress me but rather defend me indirectly?

Anyway...somebody put this bitch out of its misery...

I hope you'll have a great time discussing how blue abe is and why steef is so runt-like once i'm gone...unless of course you follow xav and steal my idea...of course you'll probably do some stupid shit like keep it in this forum...that'll really get people riled up about it...have fun
God, do you ever look at the decent things in a post?

Stop calling people whiny bitches when you yourself are just playing this up so you can go out a 'matyr' to all the people who hear about you.

So what if we don't want to mindlessly submit to your idea? We're just pointing out potential flaws in it, and showing how it might be fixed.

Instead, you take it as we all hate it and you should go **** yourself.

Try not to take things as if we've put a hidden and/or subliminal message in every post that tells you to go away.

And don't get all cocky because three or so people have shown support for you, even if one of them is a mod. You can't start on forum with a basis of three people. You need more people, of which they must be active, contribute to the forum, and help you build it up.

If you want your idea to succeed, don't go and attack other people because they don't necessarily agree with you.

And stop ****ing coming back to reply a childish, immature, insulting post. You said you've left, now go and actually follow through with it.

You aren't a god among men. Stop thinking that.

It was a good plan, until you started shitting all over your own idea by being an ass to people who wanted to help.

And for some reason, your over-use of '...'s really annoys me. I dunno why, but try using a comma.

Wrex.

02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

according to my own theory I'm a god amongst gods...go figure

but I digress...

but before I really do...stop victimizing yourself like you're some helpless little lamb who came along with a bit of "constructive criticism"

Iconoclast- everybody better follow along with my idea or suffer my...DISPLEASUREEEEE....
Mitsur- Oh Mr. Iconoclast sir, I have but one minor suggestion--
Iconoclast- --what? You dare speak out of line whelp! To the tear extractor with you!

If you think this roleplay was an accurate depiction of how it went down, you're deluded...but then again I already knew that.

Really though...mitsur's right...I will go. Just thought I could grab some people with me before I went...but they don't seem to have the initiative I was looking for. I'm looking at you hobo, max, used! for shame. This dream could've been realized much sooner...we could've ended the desperate solitude and isolation of so many. Let their pain and mine be on your consciences. Shazam... lol

good bye all...if max, hobo, and used decide they found enough of their missing balls to join the cause, you guys know where to find me...(4th page)

and for the record...i AM god! thank you...good night ............................... ... .You think about that statement long and hard....if you need help listen to some marilyn manson! Woot!

I went to god just to see
and i was looking at me
saw heaven and hell were lies
when i'm god everyone dies
02-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

It's a good thing I don't get into this mumbo jumbo so I won't be called names and all...
Uh oh, I hope I don't get flamed for posting this...0_o o_0
02-27-2007, 05:27 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

you came here to tell us that you avoid threads like this? you cotinue further to say that you avoid these threads because you can't take a flame and then you pray you won't be flamed for doing what you say you don't do (that is...getting into these threads)...

If i have to be nice to people like this to have them as backers for my movements...I'd rather just not move...

It's like me and other vegetarians...every time I come across one I feel joyous and hopeful...of course when they give me their reason (which is dietary like 90 percent of the time) I want to hit them. They are not upholding the cause even though they might be indirectly supporting the same goal...the problem with their method is that their utter lack of emotional ties lets them abandon any time...this is why I don't need some random people who simply agree with me...i need people who are just as passionate...as much as you like to indulge yourselves in pretending I have some need for you, it's simply not the case...

SICK BURN!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl copter
02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

Looks like someone doesn't have a sense of humor *puts red clown nose away* I was just in the neighborhood when I happened to finally read this thread, and noticed that almost everyone got flamed. I'm not in the most perfect situation in my life right now, and I thought I'd just comment about it. Now if you excuse meh, I'll be eating ice cream while crying. XD
02-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

:
I came back for you Max...and I suppose I will send you a pm since it was JUST you I came back for...and of course all my loyal supporters: Arxryl...used...SeaRex..i know you love me buddy...hobo...and whoever else
Okay, so here's your little posse.

:
:
Max...where have you gone and why didn't you answer my pm? I put in quite a bit of effort making a well thought out organized layout for you...and now you don't even come to my aid!...For shame...
Hm, interesting. Oh, and now you have your group narrowed down to who? hobo, and Used. Nice.

:
Sorry to have disturbed you all.
:
Anyway...goodbye all. I'll try my idea on my own sometime and if any of you still care about beauty, art, and the boundlessness of thought...come visit it. In the mean time I gotta go learn how to make a web site! You've all been great...even you snuzi and skillya. Bitches...jk. You were all wonderful to talk to.
:
Anyway...if anyone here does want to pursue this...we can do this in a place other than here...we wouldn't want snuzi to get his thong bunched up. So feel free to email me or message me on AIM... fr0st89 the "o" is a zero because I'm a girl with low self esteem...ha! Arrested Development RULEZ!!! I'm expecting at least hobo to contact me...cmon hobo...you know you want to...
woops...am I recruiting people to MY forum from another forum? lol
:
yay! lets have all the smart people leave! c'mon hobo...
:
Really though...mitsur's right...I will go. Just thought I could grab some people with me before I went...but they don't seem to have the initiative I was looking for. I'm looking at you hobo, max, used! for shame. This dream could've been realized much sooner...we could've ended the desperate solitude and isolation of so many. Let their pain and mine be on your consciences. Shazam... lol
So, let's see, that's at least five times that you said you are leaving?

02-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Sorry it had to happen like that Alf. But if something to post in here you do not, then don't.
Iconoclast? Did you really have to go attack him for posting a bit of spam? So what! You could've done it a bit nicer instead of having a three-paragraph essay on ... not moving? and vegetarians? I see where you are going with this, but for one itty-bitty post? That's why people are getting upset with you.
You are being rude. Others have said things like being degrading, shooting other people's ideas down, and thinking yourself a God amongst anything. These are all right, but it is narrowed down into being Rude.

When you speak about
:
This is a touchy one. Mitsur...we, that is to say I in my continued deviance from social norms have lost touch with things thta might seem common or obvious to you. I've entered the realm of analytical thought. It's crazy... The point being, its quite different and way above and beyond. Though I can't quite communicate my world to you, I can at least attempt to justify myself in that I think I'm entitled to a bit of resentment towards other so called opinions when I have to disect every single word and thought that goes in and out of my mind...
This makes you seem like you are better than others. Many of us think this way. What you posted is the way I think, the way I'm sure Mitsur, Xav, and all others that you continue to bash, think.

I, just like others before me, and probably after me, get very offended when people are annoyingly rude. Rudeness is not something I tolerate very often. I deal with it every day, and I'm sure you dislike it when people are rude to you. Follow the golden rule there buddy...

And if you come here to post, then you are not a God, as you would have more important things to do. Also, if you were God, you'd understand why all of us dislike when you are rude. So clearly you are no kind of Diety whatsoever.

And would you stop role playing things out? It gets annoying and is very degrading.

:
Iconoclast- everybody better follow along with my idea or suffer my...DISPLEASUREEEEE....
Mitsur- Oh Mr. Iconoclast sir, I have but one minor suggestion--
Iconoclast- --what? You dare speak out of line whelp! To the tear extractor with you!
However that got about that jist of it...

Also, it doesn't matter how much you put "JK", it doesn't mean a thing. Often the most truthful statements are those that are played off as a joke. I should know, I joke a lot as well.

and about Mitsur acting like a victimized lamb... no. He's not victimizing himself, he's accusing you of being an Arse-hole.

Sorry if this comes off as being rude, but I'm "Riled up", as you put it.

EDIT: this post was supposed to be right before Alf_shall_rise's later post. Sorry for not typing too fast.

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

Last edited by Arxryl; 02-27-2007 at 06:15 PM..
02-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

Did my second post screw everything over? Heh, well I guess I should say sorry for spamming, I'm just really bored right now, and I couldn't really think of anything intelligent to say to all this stuff...my brain is all destroyed, like always. Accept my apology for my 1337-ness...erm...noob-ness...-_-
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Thank you mother...me and the boys have been talking, and we promise we'll never do it again. I know I didn't have to do that to Alf, but he was a necessary sacrifice. Of course my point never seems to stand and whenever I make one I just have to hear: you're not god! Thank you einsteeeeen.

It's that American mentality that drives me nuts. Noone is better or worse. Everyone's equal. Some egalitarian society THIS turned out to be. I'm sorry but we ARE different. The way I'm different is in my overly analytical mode of thought. If you interpret that as me saying I'm better than you...by all means go ahead. That's the thing people...noone IS better or worse...those terms are too relative to have meaning...and too circumstancial. But we are different and its not just cuz we look different.

I've had to listen to this BS for years. a student in my class was picked to read a brief passage on world history. This was like in the 10th grade. The guy could barely read and this was a totally basic passage from a handout made for ****ing 8th graders. So I said: I think they should reinstitute literacy tests in school. Of course I say this under my breath to my friend who's sitting next to me, but the teacher heard it too since she was standing right next to me. She pulls me out of the classroom and says: You think you're better than everyone? Well some of these kids don't come home to any parents and they have noone to sit and read with them. Blah blah blah...I'm not better than everyone and I'm concieted yada yada yada.

I wanted to tell her that my single working mother didn't have time to read with me either. Yet here I am with my literacy...and he without. Just an average high school student...can't read. But we're not allowed to tell him he's stupid. God forbid you let people have a taste of reality. Lets find ten thousand justifications for WHY he's sub par instead of simply telling him he's a moron so he can deal with this fact and maybe do something about it instead of hiding from it forever. We always hide from everything real. Mentally ill people are called special. Sure, maybe telling them they're mentally ill wouldn't help budge them towards constructive action. But lets say we had a group of schizophrenics...we told them they're special and not schizophrenic. They lead their schizophrenic lives thiking they're special and not dealing with the fact that they are outside their ****ing minds. They don't take their medication because they're special and not schizophrenic.

it's funny how I didn't even bring to light the most obvious hypocricy on all your parts (those who repeatedly accuse me of concietedness and bearing an ill will towards opposition)

did you see me call alcar an idiot when he disagreed with my proposal? no.

did you see me say anything bad to xav when he made his counter offer? no. I simply pointed out that it wouldn't achieve the intended goal. Then I got flamed because I wasn't hanging off Xav's dick like everyone expected me to. Sorry to dissapoint.

So in cases where I get intelligent counters and opposition, I am gracious, civil, and thoughtful. But when I get stupid snots telling me every other post that I'm not god I think my resentment can be understood if not condoned.

But lets not mention those cases where I am civil. Lets be like Al Sharpton and twist every word, statement, and event to our benefit and ommit the entire truth. Half truths and whole lies people...

I'm not going to quote shit here...you can read it yourselves...but of course I'm not really appealing to anyone willing to let reason into their minds...just wanted to plead my case

sorry alf...I needed you to make a point...I just regret sacrificing you for a point that doesn't seem to get across..except to arxryll but he's so riled up he doesn't pay any heed

Last edited by The Iconoclast; 02-27-2007 at 06:49 PM..
02-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Hypocrisy? Eh? Your saying that the stupid person in your class needs to be told he's stupid, what about you? When poeple are telling you that you are conceeded, maybe you could try to listen to them. Maybe when poeple start to tell you that you are coming across acting like your better than everyone else, maybe you should watch how you act.

For another point, you are acting conceited when you say I'm some average guy with an American mentality.

And for another example, you are putting us out to be narrow-minded with that last little snippit. As you already know, this is a point of conceitedness.

Of course you didn't call Alcar stupid. No one in their right minds would. He's the co-admin, and a good one at that, but when you made fun of Xavier in that little peice of roleplaying, you know, the one where you made him act stupid? Yeah. That one. That's calling him stupid to those without your exact way of thinking.

Of course no one is better than others, that's why we are human. But you are acting like you are. Note I said acting. For all I know of you, you could be the most generous person in all the world, but you are acting conceited.

And before you start calling me "Mother", you might want to completely understand I'm a GUY.
Now, you probably do understand this as that is what would make it comical to some, but you did go overboard when you created a three paragraph thing practically pointing him out. The harshest I've seen Mods do is put a blunt one sentance statement warning them that it would be considered spam.
I do read your posts.

And here at Oddworld Forums, we don't believe in sacrificing people to the heathan Gods of "Point Proving."
And if you didn't have to do it, then why did you? Sounds like an un-necessary step to assure you got your point across... which you have done, regardless.

02-27-2007, 07:18 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Mother please! You're embarassing me in front of all the guys!

I knew you'd use Alcar's position against me. You weasel. As for Xav...I said INITIALLY. The roleplay came after the nasty bit...which of course came after MY nasty bit...but that came after HIS nasty bit. So there! I am victorious!!! lol

Look...I get what you're saying, in fact, I've been getting it since my inception into the thinking world. But you have to see things from my perspective, which you don't.

As for abe, I had to sacrifice him THEN. Now that I see it did no good, I realize it was a waste of time. I should've known noone would get the point.

I'm tired guys. Let's call it a day and pick up tomorow. I wonder how many more times I'm going to be called god. I should start a cult. You guys are the best! Such loyal little worshippers.

go to bed! i see you people lurking there!!!!!!! I AM omniscient after all...

Last edited by The Iconoclast; 02-27-2007 at 07:31 PM..
02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Please stop calling me mother, as if I were in any way related to you, I'd be yo' daddy.

I get what you are saying as well. If we see eye to eye, however neither of us are victorious , as both are either gaining, or losing but still staying at equal level.
I am able to see it from your point of view, and I have been for a while. The problem is, we are all misunderstanding each other...

We misunderstand your sense of humor as offensive, and we take what you say as being conceded. Not to say that it is still offensive.

You misunderstand me in the sense that you don't think I get what your posts are about, and the general meaning of them. Not to say that I didn't come off as being non-understanding.

This is a mistake on both our sides, as the importance of a meaning or a sentence lies in how it is recieved, not how it is sent. We sent the wrong message, and so did you.

I'd like to apologize for any mis-understanding we might have had. (we being me and you, Iconoclast as I cannot always speak for everyone)

I'd like to re-state what I have said earlier as a final note on which to continue the discusison, "the importance does not lie in how a message is sent, but how it is recieved."

02-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Okay, I'm closing this shite.