Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

IC:

Carbide looked out from the forest armed with his snuzi currently holstered and a small custom fitted shawl draped over his shoulder, inside the many pockets where trinkets, packs of ammo and some gems stolen from the off cuts of the mines, there where an abundance of dumb wolvarks and a few mudokons to sell the worthless stuff too, and when he sold out he could just find more and scavenge the rest, apparently the old bullets where out of make but still used in some mines and meat plants...subsequently he took as much as possibly before leaving. It was going to be a good day for selling, he could feel it, now he just had to find some customers to hook in.
================================================================

Jawz creped up to the bush on his stomach, the dry mud dusted him in a fine layer and he cocked his gun with a cartridge of darts, meanwhile a juvenile sleg was sniffing around a layer of leaves, a trap the outlaw had set an hour before -
"C'mon ya dumb animal get in the trap so'z me and the boyz can eat!" Just as the sleg was about to spring the convoluted trap, a bustling in a nearby bush scared the creature and it ran away snorting towards a rippling river nearby, Jawz jumped up swearing and he threw his gun on the floor,
"Who dat in the bushes?" He could just make out an odd beast with metal legs and a visor

Last edited by STM; 04-16-2010 at 10:55 AM..
04-16-2010, 01:29 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

: Sep 2007
: N/A
: 650
mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)

OOC: Scrabtrapman, the Outlaws here don't really have a leader. It's basicly a leaderless gang.
04-16-2010, 04:11 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
when Hydra returned Koimo began to explain his trap idea: "Well, Athena is going to get some nets and hooks." He walked up to a large nearby tree "we could set up a net under a large tree such as this and a rope to go over one of the large branches." Koimo began to immitate an Outlaw, a silly angry face and all, "The Outlaw walks on the net, starts the trap and WHOOSH the Outlaw's hanging in the air!" Koimo began to stand normally again "it probably wouldn't hold one for long though, Outlaws look pretty heavy."

My DA page.

04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

IC: Larz began prepping the explosives while the Clakkerz dug the holes. After all the holes had been dug, he ordered the Clakkerz to place the bombs. All the bombs were wired to a detonation box(I think that’s what they call it ) which he carried the entire time while the Clakkerz worked. When they were finished, he yelled “Everybody clear out and hit the dirt!” which startled Carl, who abandon the hose and hid behind a large rock. Larz then pressed down on the switch and BOOM! Large rock chucks were blown out of the mountain side. Carl peered over the rock and could see large chunks of crystals sticking out of the chunks. Carl grabbed a pick and began to break down the boulders to free the minerals.

Meanwhile, Larz walked over to the huge crater. He sparkling little rocks scattered all over. He picked one up to examine it, brushing the dust and dirt off. To his surprise, it was a diamond. Larz let out a loud “YEE HAW!”, then ran off to show Hoss his discovery.
While Carl continued to pick at the huge rocks.

Carl then spotted a Slig(Garit) stepping out of the forest. Carl held up his pickaxe and aimed it at the intruder like he was going to throw it. “YOU THERE!” he shouted. “This is a private operation and you don’t look like no miner to me!” Carl already didn’t like him for being a Slig, due to past encounters.
================================
Bruce headed back to the hide and brought back with him three other Outlaws. He heard a huge blast when he got close enough to the town, which meant the miners were already at work. “alright boys, time we make those miners pay their protection fee.” The other laughed and began marching into town towards the mine, while Bruce clung to the trees. He was like a ghost in the trees, but he knew if he moved to much they might see him. So Bruce moved only every once in a while, keeping up with the other Outlaws.

OCC: Don't worry. I'm not going to go on some rampage, just a small hold up of the mine.
04-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

OOC: Mr. Odd, you do realise that the mine does not use explosives, but rams the cliff with high powered water?

IC: After reaching the river, Garit realised that he was alone for the time being, which was lucky too. It meant he didn't have to find all kinds of spaces to hide. But all the same, he checked for quick cover. The only cover near the river was the forest. 'If someone does notice me here, maybe they'll just assume I work here...' Garit thought slyly. Lacking a panning tray, he decided he would just grab what he could see. The river was quite literally flowing with bits of rock. Unfortuanatly, what he could see didn't look very valuable.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-17-2010, 04:57 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

IC:

Carbide began to walk towards what appeared to be an explosives operation, there where a couple of clakkerz being bossed around by wolvark, he heard hit the dirt and cowered but the explosion caught him to soon and a ringing pierced his ears, he stumbled forward and saw a wolvark holding an axe high above his head aimed at another slig Carbide hadn't seen before, he signalled to the wolvark but it ignored him so he tried to wander over but the explosion was still messing with his head and he fell in a heap about ten feet away, his gun and inventory spilled out in front, he just had time to collect up his snuzi...
=================================================================

Jawz was angry at being ignored, the intruder was now drinking from a river gingerly, the creature had a red visor and green skin ugly!
"HEY YOU THAR! YOU JUST SCRAED OFF A MY DINA YOU FREAKY GIT!" Jawz screamed loading his gun and pointing it at the slig

04-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

OOC: I must have missed the last part of your earlier post.
IC: Loosing all sense of logic and planning, Garit snarled in irritance and quite literally sprang up, whipped out his pistol and almost fired, but stopped himself in time, and said quite cooly, "Don't." He took a moment to look at this outlaw. He was small, but he certainly looked more in shape than Garit. Not only that, his mouth looked rather weird. Whatever he had been trying to catch, Garit had probrably saved it from a very powerful pair of jaws. Throughout his expirience with outlaws, he had found that outlaws did not forgive easily. Bracing himself for either another escape or possibly a very viscious fight, he held his gun steady at the outlaw.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Last edited by Oddey; 04-17-2010 at 07:53 AM..
04-17-2010, 08:39 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: Athena looked around, seemed a little quiet. She shrugged and walked towards the general store. She thought she heard something so she turned around, but she couldn't see anything. Whatever it was just hid a few microseconds before Athena turned. Athena got to the store and bought two Scrab traps (like bear traps), a 5 foot long strip of metal spikes (used by coppers) and a small noisemaker which could record and playback sound.

Athena smiled as the left a shop. "What a beautiful day..." She walked leisurely back to the forest, rubbing her back and chest a little as she did so (slightly itchy).

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

OOC: This is a hydraulic mining operation, yes, but it isn't unheard of to blast some rocks from a safe distance from the operation to get what you think might be within, so this is good.

IC: Hoss was busy checking up on the feathered clucks that began shaking at their screens. In the business of mining, therre are always hits and misses. This was a miss. The clakkerz didn't have anything special besides clumps of dirt and feather that fell off from their nervoes selves. Boss Hoss pulled out his own red handkerchief to wipe off his face, mostly out of annoyance more than anything. Suddenly, he heard a relatively noticable *KABOOM* in the distance. The wolvark didn't like the idea of setting of dynamite TOO close to the operation .... but money was the best way to persuade him into doing anything ..... He then saw a familair wolvark Larz running down to him frantically. "Well what the hell're ya goin' crazy 'bout?!" He asked in a growl.
----------------------------------------------------

Hydra listened to Koimo's idea. IT was very simple, but still quite effective. Only one problem however .... "Err, Koimo, I think we may need someone ELSE to be bait as well. I mean, we could wait ALL DAY for a reptile monster man to come out of the bushes to pick up a random scrap of meat .... Like maybe we'll need someone to yell or something to get their attention. Once the Outlaws come near, the distractor could hide away while the Outlaw is caught!" As she was giving out her own plan, she saw Athena from a not too far distance ....

"Hey Big Sis! We got a plan!!! Atleast .... planned one out!" Hydra yelled out. The grubb snapped her fingers and Athena flinched and recoiled as she violently exploded in a loud kaboom, leaving behind blowing purple smoke with nothing else in sight. Hydra brought Athena back next to them, but the large slig was curled up inside a large blue egg, next to it being the equipment she bought. "See! We could hide Athena like this in a nest NEXT to the meat! The Outlaws will think it's an animal's nest that they could steal from! When the time comes Athena could pop out and suprise em'! Whaddya think guys?" She asked, leaning her back against the egg.
----------------------------------------------------

Mafisto, not caring about Bruce and the boys' business, made his slow, lumbering self to the Minetown, where dozens of so-called "heroes" would be willing to do some wrassling in order to get some kind of title. That would probably be like some suicidal kamikaze attack for them though. Before the huge behemoth could even SEE the mine town however, he caught sight of another slug-like creature. This one was different from the last one that tried shooting at him not too long ago. This one was a large, hulking female and .... it just disappeared suddenly .... The large Outlaw, having colors that would allow him to blend in with most dark forests, stayed hidden, standing like a tree in the bushes .... watching ...

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-17-2010 at 10:45 AM..
04-17-2010, 10:29 AM
mr.odd
Sleg

OCC: Little tip Scrabtrapman, when you are talking to or confronting a character that is unknown to your own, just put their name next to Slig or Mudokon etc. For example, “Bob saw a Slig(Larry) that he had never seen before.” It helps people know who you are talking about exactly.

IC:Carl suddenly lost interest when the Slig(Garit) left his sight. But now he noticed another Slig(Carbide) walking around, which got on his nerves. Carl hated Sligs, but he really hated it when locals just walk up to the mine like it’s some family theme park.
The Slig seemed to be picking up something and Carl thought he was stealing from the mine. “YOU THERE!” he yelled. Carl walked over slowly with his pick axe in hand. “Drop what ever it is your pocketing and keep your hands up high so I can see them!” Demanded Carl. “Now who are you and what are you doing here?”
================
Larz held up the diamond. “I told ya I had a good feeling about that spot.” Larz handed the diamond to Hoss, knowing that he would want see it for himself. “
================
Bruce kept shifting from tree to tree every so often. Bruce then noticed a huge creature walking into the forest. It was a Big Bro Slig(Athena) by the looks of it, which made Bruce nervous. ‘Why is a Big Bro hanging around here? Maybe Boss Hoss hired some help to guard the mine.’ He thought. Bruce kept hopping from tree to tree again, making sure not to be spotted by this possible new threat.
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

OOC: Cheers Mr.Odd

IC:

Jawz eyed the slig in careful scrutiny, it appeared calculating and ready to bolt but still aimed it's gun level with his head, Jawz didn't want to risk it, he had forgotten his armour and lowered his automatic a tone, he wasn't in the mood for a full auto fire fight.
"What you doing slig? I ain't seen you before!" He said in a grating tone. "Why you in the forest?"
===============================================================

Carbide fired a shot in the air in fright, the wolvark(Carl) had an intelligible voice but was displaying a gun in his direction, Carbide was still disorientated from the explosion and played the wolvark carefully, "Mine!" He said lowering the gun, "I'm Carbide, sales slig, do you want some - ammo for that? Or perhaps - some gems." Carbide spoke, spilling the contents of his bag on the floor by accident, he regained his footing and then clicked his snuzi loading a wolvark?"

04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

OCC: I think you have Carl and Larz mixed up. Carl is a Mudokon and Larz is my Wovlark character. Also, sorry if i seem to be criticizing you a lot. Just trying help you out. You're doing great so far.

IC: When the Slig mentioned gems, it made Carl even more suspicious of the Slig. "Gems aye? I don't suppose you got them from this mine by any chance?"
Carl replied with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "Look buddy, you can see if boss Hoss is interested in your wares but if i find out you're stealing our gems, I'll gut ya like a fish." He said shifting the pick axe in his direction.
"Oh, i almost forgot. What's your name?"

Last edited by mr.odd; 04-17-2010 at 02:18 PM..
04-17-2010, 02:32 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

OOC: Soz yeh I did, thx for the help

IC:
"My names Carbide, escapist from Rupturefarms, weapons extraordinary and high ranking general excommunicated. These gems are mine, I don't even think there real, not from the mines here, although I here that these areas are outlaw owned and you lot stole them, and put your gun down kiddo, you see this, snuzi, stolen from an intern, packed with addictive fluids and explosive cocktails, say you need help with body guarding, like a side job for me." Carbide lowered his gun and threw the bag of gems at Carl for him to check.

04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC: Still not trusting this outlaw, but not really wanting to push him into violence, Garit merely replied "Looking for something." Hoping that this was an adequate answer, he noticed out of the corner of his eye, that a mudokon with a pickaxe was conversing rather crankily with another slig. As shifty as Garit looked, this fellow looked untrustworthy, no matter who you were. Refocusing his attention to the outlaw, he waited to see what kind of effect his reply would have.

:

04-18-2010, 02:37 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

IC:

Jawz cranked his jaw a bit, not really sure what to do now,
"I was looking for dinner...what where you looking for?, are you a worker at the mines?"

04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC: Garit didn't really think this outlaw would be all too happy if he said he worked here, which he didn't anyway. "In a manner of speaking... I get what I want, leave and come back later."

:

04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
Koimo looked at the big blue egg that had appeared a small distance in front of him "Yeah, that might work. A lot more believable then meat just lying around" He said approaching the egg "So if Athena hides in one of these, what do we do?" he asked and began to rummage through the pile of not very friendly looking things Athena bought.

My DA page.

04-19-2010, 10:24 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: Athena's vision suddenly turned into blue as she was magically teleported inside an egg. She let out a little yell and then noticed a hole at the bottom of the egg. Athena grabbed the egg and lifted it over her head. "It sounds bold me of me, but I guess I am the strongest and toughest of us. In that case I should be the bait"

Athena smiled at Koimo. "Take anything you like", she added. Athena took off her visor and started rubbing it with a cloth.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Boss Hoss's eyes widened and his pupils shot straight at the diamond in Larz's grubby green fingers. ".... R-real diamonds? R-r-reeeeal real diamonds?" Immediatley, the wolvark snatched away the diamond for himself to view. It was quite small, but size doesn't matter too much. It's the overrall value of the thing that mattered. Hoss decided to keep his head on straight and just pondered on the possibility that this shiny rock might be a fake. "Show me that thar sight ya blasted at earlier!"
-------------------------------------

Hydra pondered to herself ... "Well this should be easy. We'll look for an outlaw or two." Hydra played out a funny monster face. "Maybe .... I or Koimo could make some kind of yell that would catch their attention! Awright? Right? Ya get it? Then we all hide in our places before any of em' spot us! Then when the outlaws hopefully reach for either the meat OR for the egg, Athena can hatch herself, 'n then we all jump out and kick ass, activating the outlaw traps!" Hydra suggested with much confidence. The grubb noticed the Big Sis slig wiping her face. She playfully squeezed the egg over Athena again, curling her up inside, and jumped into Koimo's arms. "How 'bout it?!"
--------------------------------------

OOC: Mafisto is simpl wandering the forest again. Nothing big yet.
04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

IC: Jawz scrutinized the slig again carefully, he had the mind of a sneak and wasn't giving much away, "What's ya story then slig, why you running away?"

04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC: Garit was turly not prepared for this question. In fact, he had been thinking that the outlaw would either get violent, or turn around in furstration and leave. Pursuing the matter further, was not what he had wanted this outlaw to do. "I'd ask you that, if I wasn't in a hurry. Long story short, I'm stealing from Hoss." He said, hoping he could finally get back to searching for valueble objects. Just as he had thought that, he saw a glint out of the corner of his eye. Glancing at it quickly, he found it was too far away to see clearly. Glad that his visor would help to stop the outlaw from noticing the movement in his eye, he looked back at the outlaw, gun still drawn and loaded.

:

04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

IC: Carl was no gem expert, but he knew they were real from a first glance.
“alright, you can go. Just remember I’m watching you, we all are.”
================
Larz began walking to the crater with Hoss. He knew that Hoss suspected it to be false, but Larz still knew that they would fetch some price real or not. The only difference was more money, which Hoss loved.

Finally they arrived at the crater. “Here we are. This where if found it.”
====================
Bruce laid down flat on his belly and propped his rifle on it’s bipod, ready to fire anyone who gives the boys’ trouble. Looking through the scope, he noticed that an egg was sitting all alone. The other Outlaws were making their way to the mining site, while heading in the eggs’ direction.
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

IC:

Carbide tilted his head sideways, "Hmm your explosives are inadequate, I need a permanent job and I am a renowned pyrotechnist slash maniac, I can make explosives if you provide me with some moolah for town and protection if rupturefarms come knocking, interested?"
==================================================================

Jawz relaxed at this and turned from the slig, "If you hate Hoss then your a friend of mine but watch out in the forest and don't annoy my meal again or I'll annoy you." And with that he turned away and made his way back to the hill, hoping that the slig didn't try a cheap shot from behind.

04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Relieved that the outlaw was gone, Garit crouched back down, and sifted through the water, looking for anything shiny. He found just that. The bit of glint he had caught before, turned out to be a small coin. Where it was from and what it was doing here, Garit had no idea, but he reasoned that if someone had thrown their money into a river, they didn't want it. Searching for anything else that might get him his next meal, he pocketed the coin. 'Who knows? Maybe it's rare or something?' He thought somewhat dissapointed that it wasn't something more desireble.

:

04-22-2010, 02:56 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
Koimo rummaged through the pile Athena brought, most of the things were large, metallic and heavy. He continued to look for something he could use when he found the small noisemaker, he picked it up to show the others when Hydra jumped into his arms, causing him to drop everything he was holding. "Sounds like a good idea" Koimo replied, "Actually I just found something that could help us out" he placed Hydra down and picked up the noisemaker, "we can record a yell into this, hide it and play it back. We could record it so that there is enough time to hide before the yell plays."

My DA page.

04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Hoss's dull eyes were penetrated by a small tingle. A tingle similair to the scattered diamond bits and peices that have been rubbled by the blast. He examined the shiny rocks from glance, but then picked one up himself and went through another examination, similair to the examination of the first rock he was given .... "Lord awmighty ...." Hoss dropped the rock and darted a look at Larz. "Boy ... If ANY Outlaw scumbag finds out 'bout these shiny rocks, I'm gonna hafta send someone ta knock some sense inta that thar skull of yers. Got that?!"
------------------------------------
Hydra sat where she was until she spied out the noisemaker recording device in his green grubb fingers. The grubb girl jumped up on her feet and zipped over next to Koimo. Boy! A noisemaker! Hydra could use this later on as part of her illusionary acts. In fact .... "Awesome Koimo! Here's a sound ..." Hydra began spinning herself around around like a ballerina. The faster she spun, the more blurred and transparent she became. She yelped out the magic word "GadZOOOOT!" and she completley disappeared. While she wasn't anywhere in sight, her voice was coming out of the noisemaker. "Hey Koimo!" Hydra then made Koimo do the same magical act, so they would both be in the noisemaker to make some kind of Outlaw attention-catching conversation ....
-------------------------------------
Mafisto found himself lightly tip-toeing through the forest. His dark colors allowed him to blend with the forest around him. He paused as he noticed, up above on a tree branch, was Bruce ....
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
mr.odd
Sleg

IC: “So… what? You think we should hide these until were ready to ship out inventory?” Replied Larz
=============================
Carl needed to get back to work and this Slig was irritating him. “Larz is our demoman around here, you could see if he needs an assistant or something.” Carl swung his pick over his shoulder and began to walk back to the hoses.
===============================
Bruce aimed his sights over to the mining site. He could see two Wovlarks talking, some Clakkerz manning the hoses and collecting the minerals, and a Mudokon and a Slig. Bruce wondered if it would be wise to shoot one the workers to scare Hoss, but he thought it would be best to wait for the minions to get to the mine first.

Bruce then heard something moving behind him. He whipped out his knife and turned to find Mafisto. “Oh… It’s just you. Have any luck finding that Slig who shot at
04-25-2010, 12:52 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

IC:

Well Carbide was not amused by the rude wolvark, he should have been kinder to the once great general, oh well, he need never seen someone be rude to him before though, even before he stole that snuzi. An now he had know gems, lots of mudokons had promised him safe passage through the outskirts of monsaic, enthralled by there shiny qualities in comparison with the dull rocks that adorned their temples.
"L-ar-z." Carbide sounded to himself.
He wandered up the where the blast had been, it was a site of amazing haste now, no one bothered to check him as he wandered the mine to find Larz, he saw a wolvark bossing people around and generally shouting to himself (Hoss)
"This must be him!" Carbide smiled to himself " Mister Larz, hey excuse me..."

Jawz was bored now that the slig had gone, he hadn't much to do and decided upon either making a mess of the mines goings on or to go to find some other outlaws, he decided on the mine first.

Last edited by STM; 04-25-2010 at 12:58 AM..
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM
mr.odd
Sleg

OOC: Um scrabtrapman. Carl is a mudokon not a Wovlark
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

yes that's what I meant, err sorry I wrote wolvark didnt I