Algost
Zappfly

: Oct 2017
: France
: 7
Algost  (26)
Question How to record my AE

Hi everyone,

i suceed to get all the .ddv of AE in french and i would like to record them and uplaud it to Youtube to show the french version of the cinematic and gamespeak and also because i want to use this extrait in my Youtube content for exemple use it as a transition.

So i use the programm "Masher" to lauch the .ddv file and i want to have a second software to record my screen while the video is playing.

But recording AE correctly is not very simple, normally i use the software "Mirilis Action!" to capture but it's not working cuz of Aero Windows stuff and even when i turn it off it's record my desktop and not the video.

I also try with Xsplit and OBS who are 2 software for streaming content normally but i noticed that the video is laggy not as fluent as when i saw it on my monitor and also it's in 4:3 when it's in 16:9 on my screen, but it's not really a problem because i think it's scalled a video from 4:3 to 16:9 but i tell you beacause i want to give you all the detail that i have.

So if you guys have recorded some Oddworld Stuff without any trouble, feel free to give me your advice =D.

Thank for reading.
10-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Phoetux
Riot Slug

: Aug 2016
: Joe's Pizza
: 559
Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)

Here's some suggestions:

1): Record the game and make sure the audio of the videos are clean. Once that is done, get any other videos of the game in any language and replace the audio with the ones you recorded;

2): Try to use Bandicam or Fraps, they're good for recording stuff on your desktop;

3): Get a better computer

10-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Algost
Zappfly

Algost  (26)

:
1): Record the game and make sure the audio of the videos are clean. Once that is done, get any other videos of the game in any language and replace the audio with the ones you recorded;
Could be a possibility but i don't want to finish the game one more time and recoding all the cutscene and everything when i have it a on folder and just need to fix my laggy issue. Maybe i will do that if i don't find any solution but the point is to gain time ^^)

:
2): Try to use Bandicam or Fraps, they're good for recording stuff on your desktop;
To give you more detail here is my video with Xsplit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_dQ...ature=youtu.be

As you can see it's almost perfect just it's not fluent in the animation, the audio is fine

and here is my video on Bandicam :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5z...ature=youtu.be

little square and laggy, very bad :/

:
3): Get a better computer
It's not a problem about the power of my computer --
10-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Phoetux
Riot Slug

: Aug 2016
: Joe's Pizza
: 559
Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)

:
Could be a possibility but i don't want to finish the game one more time and recoding all the cutscene and everything when i have it a on folder and just need to fix my laggy issue. Maybe i will do that if i don't find any solution but the point is to gain time ^^)
Wait, if you have all the .ddv files of every cutscene then you can just open them with a specific application for your pc and then record everything. You don't have to finish the game to play them.
So, like you did with Xsplit, you record the cutscene to just get the audio (which is clear enough for me, maybe the dub is a little loud) and then replace another hd video version in whatever language's audio with the audio you recorded. Even the video you record is laggy don't worry about that, just make sure the audio is good and use it in another video version.
In poor words: with Xsplit you can record the cutscenes, the video itself is laggy but the audio is not. Even with only the audio you have a chance.

In case you didn't get it, I can show you an example.

10-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Algost
Zappfly

Algost  (26)

Yeah i can do that record all the sound and mixing with a a other video and swap the sound, i think it's will be okay, thanks !
10-13-2017, 09:43 AM
AvengingGibbons
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2010
: England
: 737
AvengingGibbons  (452)AvengingGibbons  (452)AvengingGibbons  (452)AvengingGibbons  (452)AvengingGibbons  (452)

Use OBS, it's what livestreamers use, it's free open source broadcasting software with lots of flexibility, but you can just use it to record videos without streaming it to anywhere. Very good piece of kit
11-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Paul
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2007
: MilkyWay
: 1,535
Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)

You can use my window mode DDraw.dll too. That usually works.

Crawling sligs will shout "Mommy!" while running around and then the slig mommy will appear and help them put their pants on.

12-02-2017, 11:45 PM
Samtastic
Formely Samlaptop95

: Oct 2012
: UK
: 169
Samtastic  (121)Samtastic  (121)

:
You can use my window mode DDraw.dll too. That usually works.
But your ddraw modifies the game’s scrolling text though. We have a modified dxwind that works very well!
https://www.speedrun.com/tools/DxWndDual_o224m.rar