Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

02-09-2017, 04:57 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)
The Oddworld Wiki - How you can contribute to the documentation of Oddworld lore

The Oddworld Wiki needs your help!

Hello Oddworld fans! I am here to recruit YOU to help make the Oddworld Wiki a better place for everyone. The Oddworld universe is full of lore (much of it unexplored or unknown to many) and it is the Oddworld Wikis mission to document all things Oddworld in a single easy to find place. Sadly we pretty much lack any real dedicated editors and that is what brings me here today.

What makes for a good editor?
Being an editor on a wiki does not mean you have to have extensive knowledge of the wikis main subject. You can be brand new to the Oddworld series and still make many useful contributions. There can be different ways to edit an article:
  • Adding or improving the information on a page.
  • Improve grammer and layout of an article, even if you have no clue what it's about.
  • Adding sources, links to other pages and in general make sure the article fits the wiki style.

You can choose to do one of these, or do multiple things at the same time. Whatever you're comfortable with.

Alright! How do I get started?
The Oddworld Wiki has undergone extensive changes in the last year or so, but work is far from done. To get started with editing on the wiki the first thing you should do is read the Editing Guidelines. These guidelines ensure a certain level of uniformity across the wiki.

To find something in need of editing the article stubs category is a good place to start. This page lists all articles that need a more extensive write up and expansion of information.

If fixing grammar or layout is more your thing then take a look at the cleanup page. This lists all the articles that have messy formatting that needs to be fixed (the exact issue can often be found on the page itself).

All pages that are currently marked as needing attention can be found here. Everyone is free to put these notices on any article that needs them.

For the more experienced wiki editors there is also much work to be done. Many articles still have old infoboxes or lack them completely. We are also in the process of adding navboxes to the bottom of articles. If you know your way around wiki templates and code, feel free to contribute in those areas as well.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Even if you just fix the spelling of a misspelled word here and there, it's all those little contributions that make sure the wiki is in a presentable state.

This thread can be used as a place to ask questions or make suggestions for changes. If you're unsure about something, simply ask

Thanks in advance for all your contributions!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Last edited by Havoc; 02-09-2017 at 05:22 AM..
02-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

Infoboxes and navboxes sound like things I could take a shot at, I’ll give them a looking over.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)