: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)
Permanent Vacation

Hello everybody and welcome to my first RPG

Permanent Vacation

The Story:

Two weeks ago the Magog Cartel just recovered from a major scandal. The scandal itself took several weeks to correct and keep quiet, sometimes involving questionable means.

The Scandal also known as "The Worker Scandal" was an event that sweeped Mudos over a rather short amount of time. It was organised by a Vykker black market which managed to steal Mudokon and Slig eggs from the Magog and clone them. This created a cheaper labour alternative and although clearly illegal many Glukkons quickly jumped on the oppertunity damaging the Magog's finances.

The scandal was resolved by some of the highest Glukkons in the Magog but also in no small part due to a group of lower workers and executives from around Mudos although the leader of the black market was never found. The higher Glukkons have decided to reward these individuals with a two week vacation to a refurbished, unused sea fishing port as well as rewarding each one with a very large sum of Moolah.

The group have been gathered together and are now on a transport to the formerly disused port.

The port itself is mainly a beach with a few buildings dotted around with security cameras covering the entire complex. it has also been walled off ensuring that nothing unwanted gets in or out.

The Rules:

First things first anyone new to RPing should go to look at:

The Forums RPG Rules
and
Information and Advice for RPG newbies

Each player may have one character, if there aren't very many players I may decide to bump it up to two characters.

This RPG shall last about two in game weeks (to clarify 14 in game days) and the ending shall be determined by the actions of the characters. The days shall be split into Two parts, day and night. I will announce 1-2 posts beforehand when the change occurs.

As this is my first RPG I have decided to keep combat with NPCs simple and be mainly controlled by the characters involved in the fighting. NPC types shall be anounced at the beginning of the day they appear.

Character Profile Layout:

Name: Your character's name
Species: Which Oddworld Creature your character is (Mud, Gluk, Slig ect)
Position: Your character's former position
Personality: Your character's behavour
Appearance: What your character looks like
Equipment (Optional): What your character carries around with them (weapons will be confiscated until day 4)
History: Your character's History/Bio, why they're here

My Characters:

Name: Grelk
Species: Glukkon
Position: High Executive, Overseer of the vacation
Personality: Grelk is a planner at heart whatever he does is usually backed up with weeks of planning beforehand. His constant thinking gives him little time for anything else and nothing makes him happier then a well executed plan. Grelk is also a very selfish Glukkon and his plans almost always involving him gaining in the end, no matter who else pays the cost.
Appearance: although technically in the Glockstar class Grelk wears a purple Executive suit since he hates the clothes of Glockstars. He also has green glowing eyes
Equipment (Optional): none
History: Grelk has always dreamed of being high in the Glukkon chain of command and his intellect allowed him to do so. He plotted, backstabbed, trod on, stole, framed, anything he could do to advance in the food chain to get where he is today. Grelk brought up the idea of sending the group on a vacation as a reward and volunteered to oversee the operation. He also promised that it would make the vacation very profitable for the Magog as well

-------------

Name: Announcer Slig
Species: Slig
Position: Announcer, assistant
Personality: A lot more outgoing than ordinary Sligs, dislikes repetitive tasks
Appearance: An ordinary everyday looking Slig
Equipment (Optional): Microphone
History: Announcer Slig, started life like any other Slig however hated guard duty and was absolutely hopeless with a weapon so he decided to find a different career path. He became an assistant and was eventually employed by Grelk. he has spent a few years employed by Grelk now and is overjoyed at the new job Grelk has given him as an announcer.

--------------

Name: Greli
Species: Slig
Position: Head of Security
Personality: A lazy young Slig. Greli prefers a good nap over patrolling but can be reliable in a pinch.
Appearance: An ordinary everyday looking Slig
Equipment (Optional): Slig Popper
History: Greli went through the same life as most Sligs on Mudos. He went through the Slig Barracks and was given a guard job at "Fral's Frags." During the Worker Scandal Greli accidently found out that his boss was shipping in cloned workers while he was "working" in the factory's station. Seeing this as a fast track to promotion, Greli quickly alerted the Magog. This led to a promotion to Head of Security and then two weeks later being sent off on vacation.

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 09-30-2010 at 02:01 PM.. : Added Greli
09-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2010
: Australia
: 986
Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)

Name: Herman
Species: Mudokon
Age: About 30-ish in Oddword years, one of the elderly mudokons.
Position: Studying to become a higher-ranked instructor for mudokons wishing to become floorwaxers.
Personality: Herman is a very proud mudo and he is easily offended. He is usually nice to non-offending mudokons unless he is having a stressful and hard day. He is often looking for company throughout the long days at his "Home Factory". Herman can get angry sometimes if you approach him at just the right, ignorant way, however; he has never slapped anyone in his life. He is against physical violence.
Appearance: Tall, skinny, pale, grey skin like blind mudokons, wears a dark loin cloth and has a nice native tattoo across his back, from his early days of being a native in the Mudokon Forest.
Equipment (Optional): He never usually carries anything, but for this camp, he is going to sneak in a pocket knife, just in case.
History: He was born in a tall stone structure built by his ancestors, in the middle of the Mudokon Fortress. Back in the day, when Herman was just a child, the Glukkons were said to have been close allies of the Mudokons. After a long period of peace, a moon appeared in the skies of Mudos which the Mudokons named proclaimed to be known as the, Mudokon Moon. It had the Mudokon paw print on the face.
Shortly after the appearance of the Mudokon Moon, the Mudokons established an omen which declared their species as the Chosen Race. Outraged by this, the Glukkons closed off their relations with the Mudokons. This event marked the beginning of a period known as the Age of Alchemy in which the Glukkons tried to disprove the Mudokon belief of being the supreme species. During the Age of Alchemy, the Glukkons formed their own isolated society in which they spent their lives indoors and refused to see the sky and the accursed Mudokon Moon that disgraced them. The earliest known factory was founded by a Glukkon called Johnathon. He force all of the Mudokons he knew into hard labour, working for the factory called, "Johnathon's Weapons and Destruction". This made Herman sick. He devised a plan to escape the factory for good. After 10 years of hard labour and crucial beatings by sligs, Herman escaped with his friend, Garth with the help of some corrupt Sligs. Back then, the Sligs weren't totally loyal to the Glukkons. Herman live live for another 10 years in peace and freedom. Until the Glukkons once again, destroyed their land to make way for a new factory called Rupture Farms.

Last edited by Mudokon_Master; 09-23-2010 at 12:57 AM..
09-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

You post your character in this thread.

As RPG Moderator I Heartily Endorse This Topic, Post, Image or Link.

Last edited by Splat; 09-23-2010 at 02:48 AM..
09-23-2010, 02:54 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

I've realised that I missed it out in the first post but the RPG will start sometime next week maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. That should be enough time to get enough players. I was originally going to close the RPG to new characters then but I think I've come up with a way to add them in.

@Mudokon_Master:
Welcome

I'd just like to say that you don't need to have the history of the ancient Muds and Gluks in your History section and if you could add why Herman is there (it might just be me but I didn't see it) that would be great. Everything else is grand, welcome aboard.

My DA page.

09-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Mudokon Master, the schism between glukkons and mudokons happened centuries ago.

09-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)Mudokon_Master  (618)

Well, he's centuries old.
Not that that's possible ...
09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

: Aug 2010
: New Zealand.
: 207
Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

Name: Iroulu (eye-row-lu) Often shortened to Irou (eye-row)
Appearance: Irou is an average Mudokon, but he has much darker skin, and a black loincloth instead of brown, which helps when snaking around, which he does often. He has a bionic arm made from stolen slig technology, and has amped it up with a few weapons.
Equipment: His bionic arm and a pouch that has all the stuff he's stolen.
Personality: Irou is very intelligent, with an I.Q. of 170, and a theif, who steals things to make a living. He is always using his sarcasam and wit when talking to anyone, and does not have very many freinds, because of his rude and cruel treatment to anyone who he deems to have a lower I.Q than him. As a result of this he often get in trouble with his seniors. He has been like this since his family was killed in a slig raid.
History: As a child Irou was a happy Mudokon, until sligs came and kidnapped his family, and were all killed, Irou escaped, only losing his arm in the progress, even thogh he lived, the greif overcame him, and his heart changed, he was now mean, theiving and cruel, stealing from sligs and mudokons alike, making himself a bionic arm from stolen slig technology. Due to his skills of theviery and spying, he was an important asset to stop the worker scandal. He still hasn't let go of his old habits of thievery though.

Knock knock. Who's there? Not Sarah.

09-24-2010, 01:50 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

Welcome Mr.Spandexpants.

You're both using your W@RF characters! It took me this long to notice

The genius theif Irou eh? I think he will be quite important to the group, mainly during the night time parts. I have a feeling there might be some interesting dialogue between Irou and Grelk later on.

My DA page.

09-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

lol, I can't come up TWO original characters, can I? JK, I like Herman, he is awesome.
09-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

I just use Irou because:
1. He's awesome
2. I can't be bothered making up a new character.
3. He is my way of expressing myself when I've had a bad day and I'm feeling depressed.

09-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Slag?
Howler Punk

: Feb 2010
: West Prussia
: 334
Slag?  (69)

I will try to Join this as soon as I get a Character written up, Just giving a heads up.

09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

: Sep 2010
: Rupture Farms
: 146
pointblanc-slig  (23)

Name: Zed
Position: Used to work at rupture farms
Personality: Always cautious and on his guard he also has a big secret
Appearance: A bit of a skinny body, helpful for doing maneuvers
Equipment: his handy rifle and his lucky knife (which he isn't very happy about getting taken away)
History: When arnie opened up rupture farms Zed was pleased with joy he'd been looking for work for ages and was quite pleased he has been a loyal member at rupture farms and is always waiting for a new adventure (This isn't going to fit with my fanfiction so please ignore) and then one day he heard about the worker scandal and thought he could be an exellent addition to putting a stop to it... and he was.
he also has a very big secret...

are we the ones who stopped the scandal or were we the ones in the scandal???
because if i was wrong i can change my profile

Please read my fanfiction Boddy cream
And check out drawings in "some art" in non oddworld art and literature

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

Last edited by pointblanc-slig; 10-06-2010 at 03:20 PM..
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

I wasn't too sure about that scandal business so I left out that part in my post lol.
09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

We stopped the scandal.

09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

Oh, nice. So we get a vacation as our reward?
09-29-2010, 03:48 PM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

I think so.

09-29-2010, 05:55 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

pointblanc-slig  (23)

YAY PARTY!!!

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

Howdy Guys

There are now 4 characters (5 once Slag? Posts his) in the group (as well as Announcer and Grelk) which should be enough so WooHoo

I've added my own character to the group since I realised that Announcer and Grelk wouldn't have much contact with them. The new character Greli's profile has been added to the first post.

Alrighty let's begin!

IC:

Day 1 (Daytime)

The holiday transport passed through the tall Iron gates of the new holiday beach. Inside the transport were the group of individuals each one had helped resolve the worker scandal in one way or another.

A tuneless chime was heard and then the voice of a Slig was heard "Welcome everyone. As you all should know each of you have helped resolve the worker scandal in your own ways and have been rewarded by the Magog. All of your workplaces have been alerted to your circumstances and a substantial sum of Moolah will be credited to you when you return." The announcement stopped for a moment to let it sink in "We ask that all weapons are left on the transport when you exit to ensure everyone's safety." the announcement ended, the transport came to a stop and the it's doors swung open.

-------------

Greli was jerked awake by the announcement, he grumbled and left his popper on the seat. He yawned, got off the transport and glanced around "Not too bad"

-------------

The announcer Slig and Grelk watched the transport drive in through the gates on their screen "At least one of them got here" Grelk said "I was beginning to think we wouldn't be able to go through with this at all. A shame about the others"

OOC:

The writing will get better I promise

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 10-01-2010 at 02:30 AM.. : Started the RPG
10-01-2010, 09:20 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

pointblanc-slig  (23)

IC:

Zed stood up and put his rifle and knife on his seat
not very happy about leaving his lucky knife behind
but despite that he walked out the door and took a big breath of fresh air
home sweet home

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

10-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

IC:

Herman got up from his seat. His legs felt like jelly from the long ride, but he managed to walk out the door, he was seriously thinking about trying to sneak in his pocket knife.
"Nah," he said as he put his knife on the seat, "I'll leave it here ... I don't want any trouble."

Last edited by Mudokon_Master; 10-02-2010 at 08:43 PM..
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

I.C:
Irou looked around the train as it came scraping to a halt. He pretended to disarm his bionic arm as the doors opened, and stepped off the train. "So... this is the place we are staying... And there'll be plenty of moolah to go around... for me. Heh..." He surveyed his surroudings and began to plan.

Last edited by Mr.Spandexpants; 10-14-2010 at 09:20 PM..
10-02-2010, 11:00 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

pointblanc-slig  (23)

IC:

I saw a mudokon with dark skin looking around i slapped him on the back
'come on cheer up' i said
'you're going to depress everyone'
'what's your'e name irou wasn't it, well anyway if i were you i would keep my eyes peeled the guys around look nice but really they can't be trusted'

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

10-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

IC:

Herman was just coming over to introduce himself to Irou and Zed, however, something caught his eye. There was a shimmering light in the distance. "I'll check that out later," thought Herman, "My bones are aching too much to be walking around."
He went over and introduced himself to his fellow Mudokons.
10-02-2010, 11:28 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

pointblanc-slig  (23)

OOC:im a slig

IC:I saw a mudokon coming towards me i introduced myself
'hey im zed and this is irou'
'so what do you reckon we should do now because i feel like taking a tour of the island'
'you can come if you want to'
i started walking away and looked back to see if they were...
'Excellent' i thought to myself

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

10-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

IC:

Herman was walking behind his new friend Zed and behind him was Irou. Herman's old body was probably in no shape to be walking this much, but he really wanted to check out the island.
"Urgh," Herman complained, but everyone just ignored him.
The beaches were stunning, but that shining in the distance was still bothering him. He would check it out as soon as he rested for a few hours.
10-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

I.C:
'Heh... I've been here not three minutes, and some idiots have befreinded me! This is going to be too easy...' Irou Noticed that Herman was looking at something in the distance. Deciding to play it safe, Irou spoke up "Hey, whats up Herman? Somting bothering you?"

10-06-2010, 01:11 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
Sorry about being so late. I've had a huge creativity block.

New guys still have until the end of daytime to create their characters if anyone else wants to join in, then the train will leave. Incidentally night time should arrive in a couple more (of my) posts.

IC:

Greli continued to glance around, until he realised that the other guys who got off the train had left without him. "Hey wait up!" he yelled as he ran towards them, stopping to catch his breath when he finally caught up to them "Whew... not used to that... Name's Greli... hi."

-------------

Grelk and the announcer continued to watch for a while. "We'll need tell them why the walls and guards are there soon," Grelk said "but I don't think they've noticed the guards yet."
"I'm not surprised," The announcer replied "It's not like you told them about the guards... or the animals either." the Slig said knowing that Grelk already knew these things, as he always did. "The animals shouldn't be a problem," Grelk replied "after all, they're why I chose this place remember?"

My DA page.

10-06-2010, 03:17 PM
pointblanc-slig
Fuzzle

pointblanc-slig  (23)

IC

yeah whats up herman
i looked at where he was looking, there was a shining light in the distance
Whats that? i asked
both herman and irou shrugged
I looked at the light staring at it like it was an addiction
should we check it out?
i looked at herman and irou
your'e choice

OOC

hey this is going pretty well
but i was wondering you cant say what another person sais or does aye?
because thats why we cant do big posts
and also im going to change my profile a little bit but not to much that it ruins the story okay

thanks

(P.S do you reckon because were on an island we could make our own species if we wrote what they looked like ad what they eat ECT because that would be cool)

Thanks...Pointblanc-slig

10-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Mudokon_Master
Grubb Fisherman

IC:

Herman looked over to Zed.
"We should check it out later," he said, "I just want to rest for now."
He walked off over towards the camp, rubbing his sore thighs.

OOC: Yeah, what Pointblac said before, I think this is going really well.
10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Mr.Spandexpants
Boombat

Mr.Spandexpants  (40)

I.C:
IRou looked over at Greli. "Oh, hey there! I'm Irou. That's Zed, and that's Herman" Ioru examined Greli looking for any signs of valubles. 'Hmm. These all look like good specimens; this shall do nicely.' Irou look over at the lage wall surrounding the section 'What is all this for? Its not like we're prisoners here...' He the saw the glint of a weapon and saw the tell-tale red glow of Slig visors. 'Gaurds? What the hell...' Irou frowned. This was about to get a lot harder.