Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

05-13-2011, 05:54 AM
skychase2rebirth
Howler Punk

: Apr 2011
: Quebec
: 303
skychase2rebirth  (414)skychase2rebirth  (414)skychase2rebirth  (414)skychase2rebirth  (414)skychase2rebirth  (414)
Cam edits: tuts and hints

Here it is, thanks to OddMan360's idea. We all have our own way of editing we want to do great hacks but some have better tools (like Photoshop/Illustrator or else) some don't. It doesn't mean you can't have quality, it just takes longer :P So, here's a thread for sharing tips. ^^

1. Be Organized

If you make a great cam edit and overwrite it with shit because of its name...

2. MsPaint for windows 7

The tools I use.

2a. Copy/paste/selection....

2b. Pencil (for shadows and texture)

3. Save often

4. Use screenshots alot, mix colors, take SC from AE on fullscreen and resize them (640 x 240).

(but you won't have FG1 layer)

I don't have any more ideas, give your tips, ask questions.
See 'ya.
he could not can read what you say properly because you sorry couldn't did not use proper grammer level not design and read bad he could can not and mad you did not did do proof read it's not is hard when you just type whatever comes not to mind and don't read not yes read through what you have not yes have said.

05-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Tadimo
Boombat

: Oct 2010
: Australia
: 207
Tadimo  (141)Tadimo  (141)

To be honest I prefer to just create entirely new cams.

This can be done rather quickly in the following general steps:

-You'll need an image editor that supports layers, I use Photoshop

-Grab two texture images from stock image sites like sxc.hu, put them on separate layers with the "background" layer going on top

-Put the grid on top of everything else, make it transparent and non-editable

-Save the file as a template psd image

-Grab or create your own individual visual elements to be used in the levels (eg grenade machine, hand stone, sign post) and save these elements in separate psd files

-Draw up a rough sketch of the level first, I use Gimp for this

-Use the template to create separate screens that are then saved to bitmap format (Once the grid is removed) to import into the game

--To create platforms and walls simply cut out the "background" layer where needed so that the foreground layer shows through

--When putting in visual elements just grab them from the psd files you created before

-Presto! You have a brand new cam to be imported into the game

Last edited by Tadimo; 05-13-2011 at 07:45 AM.. : Spacing
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
RoryF
aka OddMan360

: Jul 2009
: 42 Wallaby Way
: 1,485
RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)RoryF  (860)

:
-You'll need an image editor that supports layers, I use Photoshop

-Grab two texture images from stock image sites like sxc.hu, put them on separate layers with the "background" layer going on top

-Put the grid on top of everything else, make it transparent and non-editable

--To create platforms and walls simply cut out the "background" layer where needed so that the foreground layer shows through

-Presto! You have a brand new cam to be imported into the game
I mainly focused on these ideas, and since I don't have photoshop (not enuf monee ) I used gimp. I think this thread is awesome. Thanks guys for your tips! I'll post may new cam in the level variation thread, check it out in a min!