01-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Oddworld And you Halo fans thought us FF fans were bad!!!

Found this while searching around the web for gaming news today...

http://halo.bungie.net/news/stories/...Interview.html
http://www.nightmarearmor.com/halo_store.html

Now us FF fans are always called crazy and obsessive, etc ... because we cosplay as our favorite characters, etc. But we're really left to making our own costumes [although a set of Tidus' overalls that Square-Enix released has nothing on this]. That's one lot of work for something. Although even though I'm not a Halo fan I must say it looks cool.

So which of you Halo fans has a spare $3500 to spare?

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

01-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Yeah I remember reading this story about it being made on halo.bungie.org. Atleast, I never said we were worse than FF fans, but I think this suit is pretty damn good. I can pull up the other thing he made a model of the new Battle Rifle from Halo 2 also.

Unfortunately, I dont have 3500 dollars on me.
Thats just as much as my friends Alien Ware computer...
01-17-2004, 05:16 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Oh, that reminds me, Bungie have started weekly Halo 2 updates: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/...pl?read=364018
01-17-2004, 05:32 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

:
Atleast, I never said we were worse than FF fans
Actually that was more a random stir at all you Halo fans on here ... there are so many of you and I feel so out-numbered now days as all the FF fans left. Plus I felt weird creating a Halo topic.

No offense meant to anyone. Halo is cool ... just not one of my favorite games.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

01-17-2004, 06:24 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

i've read about that before, you did know the same company made the deep eyes suit from FF:TSW?

01-17-2004, 06:55 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:
Actually that was more a random stir at all you Halo fans on here ... there are so many of you and I feel so out-numbered now days as all the FF fans left. Plus I felt weird creating a Halo topic.

No offense meant to anyone. Halo is cool ... just not one of my favorite games.

Abe Babe...
Dont worry no offense taken Abe Babe. Your not out numbered Ive seen plenty of people who respond in the FF topics that really like them, I myself cant give an honest opinion because I havent played them yet. Although my friend does play them a lot so maybe I'll just borrow all his ff games to try them out.

All I meant by my comment was I wasnt one of the people saying FF fans were as bad as us halo fans. I'm a big Halo Fan and such but Ive seen some really diehard fans for Halo.
01-17-2004, 07:16 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I do think the helmet and gloves look quite nifty... but I wouldn't fork out such an absurd amount of money for a grandiose Halloween costume.
01-17-2004, 12:37 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I haven't played FF...or Halo! Where have I been, you ask? Living under a rock you think? Well, I just haven't gotten around to buying Halo...and (Sorry Abe Babe )FF doesn't look like it would interest me. But hey, I could give it a try. Anyway, the best thing about buying games late is...

Usually after you beat the first game, the sequel is about to arrive!

This happened to me with the Jak series. I bought Jak and Daxter when it was a best seller and at a discounted price. After I beat that game...it was two months and jak 2 was out. Hehe. Of course, I don't wait to buy games all the time. For instance, I bought the LOTR games as they came out.

Anyway, cosplay looks like it would be fun. If I had enough money, I would take part in the insanity.

-oddguy

01-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

You definately need to play Halo, just to try it. Single player is good and fun and all but some design stuff was repeated to meet Xbox Launch deadlines, so a lot was cut out too just like Munch.

But if you know a bunch of people who like it and like playing multiplayer you'll have a lot of fun after you finish the game on all the difficulties. 16 player team ctf or death match is so much fun. I was still playing the multiplayer a lot up until the past couple of months. I'll probably start playing it a bit more though before Halo 2 comes out so Im used to everything and I'll be good again.
01-17-2004, 07:31 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I'm planning on getting Halo next. I hear a lot about it...especially all this Red vs. Blue stuff! I've really wanted to play. I just haven't gotten around to buying it. I mean, I know I'm going to like it...everybody does. I also want to get Xbox Live and Halo 2 when it comes out, so I can challenge you kids to a duel. How funny! I'm planning on buying the sequel to a series I haven't played. Sheer madness!

-oddguy

01-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Yeah I cant wait to start playing Halo 2 on Xbox live, ah the joy of owning kids.

I'll probably play a while just myself and a couple other people and get to know the maps and all the new stuff before I play online against people.
01-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

I still think Hijacking will be the best feature of Halo 2. What are you guys most looking forward to?
01-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)

silenced SMG's and para'n out of the back of a pelican to storm a covenant base on xbox live co-op.

should i bring up a halo 2 thread with all that info in it?

EDIT: It's not my fault! You don't check whenever you log on where as I do.

Last edited by Lucipher; 02-21-2004 at 06:45 AM..
01-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

thats it, from now on Lucipher will NOT be using my computer as he forgets to log off. So thats the last we'll be seeing of him. Delete the above post.

01-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

I'm really looking forward to meet the Brutes Head On, and I'm really curious about the new vehicles.
- And you're still a dick.

01-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Strike Witch
Laserguns!

: Jan 2003
: 気持ちপ
: 4,311
Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)Strike Witch  (4900)

I enjoy Halo But I'm a begginer FF fan too. It started with FF Tactics Advance(Great Game!).

It Looks cool. I wanna Dalek one, that would be cool.
rock band, jazz band,
karate, kendo, mahjong, cyborg, synchronized swimming...
On the other hand, high school boys are
useless outside battle and sports anime.
But they're recklessly trying to make a slice-of-life anime about us.
Ah, we are high school boys,
the miserable high school boys.

01-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

I think it boils down to the fact that FF is a tactless soppy Japanese anime RPG and HALO is a white knuckle kickass adventure.

HALO is the sort of game you could spend $3500 on and look cool.

FF is the sort of game you could spend $3500 on and look pathetic.
01-19-2004, 04:31 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

BIG LOL! I don't know if Abe Babe agrees with you... Pray not to be banned... Kiddin'...
- And you're still a dick.

01-19-2004, 04:54 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
BIG LOL! I don't know if Abe Babe agrees with you... Pray not to be banned... Kiddin'...
Har har.

I don't particularly care whether Abe Babe agrees with me or not. What I stated was basicly a representation of outside feelings for FF.

Which is more badass? The whimsicle magical world of FF or the Gun Toting, Tank Riding universe of HALO?

I rest my case.
01-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

they have guns and tanks in FF...

01-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
they have guns and tanks in FF...
Yes, but not in quite the same kickass action packed way.
01-19-2004, 07:16 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

No offense but i never really cared for FF, it didn't fill the hole with me. But thats just my opinion, and i respect those who like FF. I think it's a shame how people say such things about fans, take OW for example, we are not obsessive, we don't lose sleep over it, we're just dedicated fans who love it. It's not like it's a lifestyle but people who dislike it look at us like were crazy when we start talking about it.

01-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
No offense but i never really cared for FF, it didn't fill the hole with me. But thats just my opinion, and i respect those who like FF. I think it's a shame how people say such things about fans, take OW for example, we are not obsessive, we don't lose sleep over it, we're just dedicated fans who love it. It's not like it's a lifestyle but people who dislike it look at us like were crazy when we start talking about it.
OW is the sort of game that is cool to like. Everyone loves that game because it is so cool. But FF has this air of geekyness about it. All the FF conventions and lifestyles seem to be tainted by people with uncool glasses held together using masking tape. Nerds, geeks, etc. they obsess themselves in a world of useless information.

With OW, you don't have people asking you stupid questions like "what alignment are you", "how much gil do you have", and shit like that. Because it isn't over comlicated. There aren't more layers than are needed. There aren't too little either, it's challenging without being complicated.
01-24-2004, 08:42 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

:
i've read about that before, you did know the same company made the deep eyes suit from FF:TSW?
I didn't know that... that's pretty awesome. I should have checked the site some more. Although I do think that the Halo armor looks a lot better then the FF:TSW armour ... just seems to have a cooler look about it [yeah, and that's coming from me].

Ah, and thanks Sligslinger ... I have a lot of respect for people like you also. It's good to respect other's even if they don't like a game, etc that you don't like. We're all just fans after all ... even though we might show it differently or be fans of different games. We share that interest in games [as opposed to people that don't like games or think they are for kids, etc].

Abe Babe...

02-21-2004, 06:49 AM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)

In my opinion FF and halo are great games and that person who spent $3500 on that halo costume really needs to get out more.