Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

05-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

Nig: "Let's just hope it's more than a stop-gap mesure... Brooke needs to be able to touch him to heal, at least I think so... That's gonna make it a little trickier...

Anyway, Pyre... if that is you... we need to be certain you aren't a threat anymore."
I can't keep looking at a companion injured like this, but it's too risky to free him...

Nig turns to Rope
Nig: *whispers*"Any ideas on how to find out if he's really him?"
05-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Rope grins.
Rope: I was hoping you'd ask. But, uhh, you want me to be stealthy or doesn't it matter?

05-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

Nig: "As long as you're certain one way or the other, it doesn't matter.
I'll see if Cursuv can help as well"

Nig wanders over to Cursuv and asks him the same thing
Nig: *whispering*"Any ideas?"
05-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Rope rubs his palms together and starts chanting. It sounds nothing like the chanting we know and love; it sounds more demonic. More intense.
Suddenly, all the torches in the cave stop giving off light. They didn't go out, they just didn't seem to be doing anything.
Rope's shadow, somehow still plainly visible, stretched and distorted, even though his physical body remained normal. The shadow lunged forward and enveloped Pyre's heaving body, obscuring him.
Rope knew that the others would panic and attack him if he wasn't quick. So, he used his manifestation to search the body for impurities. The results
terrible flesh wound
organs hemmoraging
lung punctured
mental strain

showed that there was something interesting going on.
Rope sensed the others raising their weapons, so Rope stopped chanting, and the lights abruptly came back. Pyre was still on the ground, but the others were bearing down on Rope. He held his hands up:

Rope: CALM DOWN! I was checking for any foreign ... beings. And he isn't being possessed now ... but he was under someone's control for some time.

05-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Cursuv: "Well, I suppose I could try and go detecting again, but what hapened before is not an experience I want to repeat."
*Watches Rope do what he did, then listens to what he said*
"Ok, what was that that you just did?"

Last edited by Seargentbig; 05-24-2004 at 11:10 PM..
05-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

Nig: "Rope, when I said anything, I didn't mena anything worse than what the enemy would do... but at least now we know it's okay.

Brooke, help him as best you can."

Nig watches the healer walk to Pyre, wait until Drake drops the sheild, and then lay hands on Pyre.

(I don't think Brooke's controler will be coming back, so maybe TRM should write what happens to Pyre)