04-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)
Oddworld: Mining Experience

Well.....here's my approved RPG thread about mining and gold digging in Western Mudos.

MINING EXPERIENCE THE BACKSTORY: Deep in Western Mudos of Oddworld, was a little gold digging operation in the Hoss River, owned by the most greediest Wolvark, Hoss. He had it all. All the gold to make his hunger for Moolah pleased. Then....the most terrible thing happened. The Hoss River was connected to the large Mongo River so eversince Mr. Sekto dammed everything up, less water was rushing through to wash up any gold at all. Hoss, saddened and angered by this act, tried sueing Sekto but was unsuccseful and lost the case, making him lose half of his fortune. He had just enough money to start a second, but more expensive, bussiness. Coal mining. Nearby the Hoss River, Hoss opened up his coal mines and hired few miners to work in them. When he had enough money, he set up a Mine town for those that worked in his coal mines.....Then things changed.....Mr. Sekto and his dam both fell after the victory of Stranger. Now the Mongo river was freed. All of the water started coming back, rushing in gold and other highly prized minerals. Outlaws and other miners alike are now going all out to get them.......

SETTING: Mostly will take place in a Mine Town, Coal Mines, and Hoss River at a dry, near-desert forest.

MAIN RPG RULES: All basic RPG Rules apply to The MINING EXPERIENCE. Those rules can be found here.

(PLEASE READ THESE RULES)

http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=15073

MINING EXPERIENCE RPG RULES:

1. Everybody may not make more than FOUR characters.

2. You must obviously post your character(s)' profile(s) above your first post here.

3. Everybody may only post here FOUR times per day.

4. (Not really a rule but I felt like placing this here) You don't have to be a miner. You can be an Outlaw, maybe a protestant against the mines, native characters to the land, whatever that has to do with the minig/gold digging operations.

OTHER STUFF: This isn't important either but....Due to that no NPCs rule, we're gonna need a few characters to play as an Outlaw for a gang.....Now you don't have to. It'd help out the story alot. But you don't have to.

CHARACTER PROFILE LAYOUT: Here's how all character profiles should look like.

Name: *Character's name*
Species: *What Oddworld Creature your character is*
Position: *Your character's heiarchy/career*
Personality: *How does your character normally behave?*
Appearance: *Describe what your character looks like*
Equipment(Optional): *What things does your character normally carry around/is equipped with?*
History: *The history/bio of your character*
_________________________________________________________________________________

(My characters)

Name: Hoss
Species: Wolvark
Position: OWNER of the coal mining and gold prospecting operations.
Personality: Unlike most industrial managers/bosses, Hoss is a normally calm and nice person. He likes to 'distinguish' himself from the other Wolvarks, always thinking of them as untelligent brutes. However, whenever something doesn't go his way, he gets VERY VERY angry. Nearly mad enough to punch an ordinary object. He also works people too much whenever moolah is involved...
Appearance: Like any other Wolvark although, he's slightly fatter. He wears a small, animal hide vest, wears torn up jeans, no shoes, and his belly can be seen in plain sight.
History: Hoss was born in a rundown industrial city. Abandoned by his mother as a child and forced to stay with an alcoholic father. In schooing, he has done very well, higher than all his other disciples. However, he also lead a rough life out on the streets as part of a Wolvark gang that would beat up and rob the innocent. when he grew older, many industries would have welcomed him to be their pres. or manager but he turned them all down in order to live in a 'rough life'. He moved over to Western Mudos for he heard there was a big gold rush in an unnamed river. He had found the large river, suprisingly with nobody else around. He opened up his own small gold prospecting crew and dug up for gold. He then named the river, Hoss River, after himself....(Continues in the Backstory)

Name: Skylla
Species: Slig
Position: Hoss's Personal bodyguard
Personality: She is always care-free and fun-loving. Even in bad times, she tries to brighten everything up. However, she is depressed in the back of her mind for her horrible past. Skylla also shares a very small hatred towards weapons of any kind.
Equipment: To her dismay, she occaisonally carries a custom-made wrist crossbow, while on duty.
Appearance: Like any other Slig. Although she has purple goggles/eyes instead of red ones like other Sligs.
History: She was born in a breeding facility, owned by a suppressing Vykkers Factory. As a child, she was beaten down to near death by Interns and Vykkers, in order to become a merciless, lethal warrior. She went into hard, tough training, to learn how to handle any available weapon. When she grew older, Skylla was then forced to help built the Vykkers' robotic 'secret weapon'. She was tormented even more on the job and couldn't take it. Out of revenge, she pretended to accidently break the robot's engine, destroying the whole weapon. In anger, the Vykkers tried building her into a robotic guard but never performed the operation on her since they were in the middle of a trial. They lost. The whole facility was shut down and Skylla was finally free. She wanted a wild, close to nature life so she went to Western Mudos where she soon met, Hoss the Wolvark. They became friends after getting to know eachother and are now big bussiness partners.

Name: Wally
Species: Sloggie
Position: Skylla's pet
Personality: Very playful and obediant. He hates it whenever Hoss is overworking Skylla and would respond to that act by trying to bite his behind.
History: Wally was one of the many Sloggies born into captivity by the Vykkers. In fact. He came from the same lab that Skylla worked in. He was expecting to grow into a murderous beast so the Vykkers sent Skylla to train him. She secretly though, treated him kindly and like any other REAL pet. They soon became attached to eachother. After the Vykkes were sued, they sold away the Slogs/Sloggies and Skylla managed to buy her friend Wally from them.

Name: Gegnar
Species: Outlaw
Position:Leader of a notorious Outlaw/Slig gang
Personality: Very sarcastic towards others but mostly DEAD SERIOUS when it comes to bussiness.
Equipment: Besides using his whole gang to back him up in a fight, he also has two Vykker-made rifles that can fire off Fleeches.
Appearance: A rather tall and big-bellied Outlaw than usual (Kind of like D. Caste Raider). He wears a reddish brown poncho and has torn up overalls underneath it.
History: Gegnar was born in the same city, and at the same time, as Hoss. When growing up, Gegnar and Hoss were both friends. They also were successful in school and also joined their own street gangs. However, one day, Gegnar started abusing alchohalism and was soon flunking in school. His whole life was then ruined and he blamed it all on his ex-friend, Hoss. He soon got kicked out of his old street gang and befriended a street-living slig. as the years passed, many sligs and outlaws started joining his gang and soon, moved into Western Mudos, where the authority wasn't THAT bad (Never heard of Stranger at that time). When Hoss opened up his gold-digging crew, he knew he would need assistance to guard his territory from thieves and hired Gegnar's gang. After a long and loud meeting about it, Gagnar agreed to have his flunkies guard the perimeter IF he would be paid 500 Moolah worth of gold once every week. When Hoss's gold bussiness fell, Gegnar ditched him. Now, he swears revenge on Hoss and wants to get back ALL of the gold that Hoss never paid him....

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-28-2008 at 01:40 PM..
04-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Name: Gidjet
Species: Mudokon
Position: Coal Miner and Hunter
Personality: Loud and quite annoying.
Appearance: Very short, with bluey-purple skin, wears shorts.
Equipment(Optional): A longbow and a bag of everlasting arrows.
History: Gidjet lived with a man who he called grandfather, and was taught how to use bows and hunt animals. When he was 16 he was kicked from the village on accusation of murdering his grandfather, which he didn't do. He found work at the mines.

Gidjet lay down on the hard, cold floor, and pulled a small Scrab cake from his pocket, which he shoved in his mouth hungrily. Food like this was very rare nowadays, as nearly all of the Rupture Farms plants were destroyed. The famished Mudokon chewed happily, savouring every bite.

Last edited by Jordan; 04-18-2008 at 06:15 AM..
04-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Interesting. I'll join seeing as this has just started. No offense to Jordan but a steef charactor in a place where steef are worth maybe 20 grand doesn't make any sense unless he's hiding the fact really really well.
My charactor seeing as I only like to control one.
Name: Garit
Species:Slig
Posistion: Sort of a stowaway.
Personality: Quiet by slig standards and very fast with his pickaxe. He doesn't like to be seen and since he's younger than most working sligs he is much faster than most other sligs as well as being more naive and stupid. While he is young he doesn't hesitate in killing when the situation asks for it. He's reluctant when it comes to shooting other sligs when they haven't done him anything yet. He takes no pity on challengers, especially when there are wagers.
Appearance: Garit tends to wear a very large round hat that he tends to bend over his face. His only other cloth is a dusty vest. He has no noticeable differences other than his much brighter visor.
Equipment: A large pistol that he keeps in a leather-like holster. A smaller than average pickaxe, and also a little shovel.
History: Born from the clutches of Skillya like any other slig. Hatched while Skillya was in a particualaryly bad mood he was almost killed by his own mother. He had enough sense to escape and so he started life. Travelling and trying to survive he ended up in the Western section of the Mudos. Sneaking around he found that he could make good moolah for mining coal. But the only place where he saw a mine was Hoss' coal mine. So he decided that in order to get a the full moolah and not just slices of it, he would have to mine it secretly. And so ever since he got there he's been living on the streets slowly gathering coal to later sell. Until then he has been mining for more but it's always been slow work to do if he wished to remain unoticed.

When do we start?

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Yeah. I agree with Oddey about the whole Steef thing. You still play as him obviously but it wouldn't really make sense to work at a place where they're hunted down. Especially working for hoss, the greediest Wolvark on Oddworld.

I'll wait for one or two more guys to join in before starting everything.

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-17-2008 at 03:18 PM..
04-17-2008, 04:19 PM
MeechShrykull1029
Rabid Fuzzle

: Inside Fleechonian Necrum...
: 506
MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)

How small can my character be in this RPG?
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Meech, in all honesty why would you want to play as an insect? I mean seriously?

04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
How small can my character be in this RPG?
Erm....Meech....Not to sound rude but....do really find any significance in playing as something like a bug or small animal in a mining area of Western Mudos? If there was anything character like that, Hoss or Skylla would surely use him as ammo and throw him out lol. No offence but play as an avergae-sized character (Slig, Outlaw, Mudokon, etc)

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-18-2008 at 04:54 AM..
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Oh forgive me for trying to join an RPG. I thought they were supposed to be nothing to do with the storyline?
04-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
Oh forgive me for trying to join an RPG. I thought they were supposed to be nothing to do with the storyline?
I said you could still play as your character. I was just warning you about the dangers of playing as a Steef during the time when they were being hunted down (the RPG takes place right after Mr. Sekto's dam is destroyed) Well. If it means that much to you, I guess Hoss could let Marty work in the mines....

Anyways, I suppose I'll start the RPG when one more person joins in.

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-18-2008 at 05:44 AM..
04-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

I'm sorry, forgive me please, I get angry often. I've made a new character, if you don't like it, tell me and I'll bugger off.
04-18-2008, 06:18 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
I'm sorry, forgive me please, I get angry often. I've made a new character, if you don't like it, tell me and I'll bugger off.
Well you could still use Marty if you wish. But if you insist you can make a new character.

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-18-2008 at 01:53 PM..
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
MeechShrykull1029
Rabid Fuzzle

MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)MeechShrykull1029  (-1337)

:
Erm....Meech....Not to sound rude but....do really find any significance in playing as something like a bug or small animal in a mining area of Western Mudos? If there was anything character like that, Hoss or Skylla would surely use him as ammo and throw him out lol. No offence but play as an avergae-sized character (Slig, Outlaw, Mudokon, etc)
Some people have Sloggies as their characters.
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
Some people have Sloggies as their characters.
Sloggies and Slogs are different. They're not really my main MAIN characters. They are merely just pets. If you want, you can make an AVERAGE-sized character with some kind of bug for a pet.
04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
MeechShrykull1029
Rabid Fuzzle

Name: Cortar.
Species: Glukkon.
Personality: He wants to take cotrol of everything.
History: He was the owner of SoulStorm Brewery before Molluck. When Molluck became the owner of RuptureFarms, he also got SoulStorm brewery, so Cortar got fired. Now, he looks for factories, and when he gets one, he tries to own it.
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
Name: Cortar.
Species: Glukkon.
Personality: He wants to take cotrol of everything.
History: He was the owner of SoulStorm Brewery before Molluck. When Molluck became the owner of RuptureFarms, he also got SoulStorm brewery, so Cortar got fired. Now, he looks for factories, and when he gets one, he tries to own it.
Erm. What significance will Cortar have with the Hoss' mines and gold-prospecting? Is he trying to steal Hoss' mines or gold?
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
MeechShrykull1029
Rabid Fuzzle

He's trying to own the digging operation instead of Hoss.
04-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
He's trying to own the digging operation instead of Hoss.
Alright. Another enemy.....I'm waiting for one more person to join in. THEN I'll finally start this thang.....

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-18-2008 at 05:05 PM..
04-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

: Under your bed
: 534
Moosh da Outlaw  (145)Moosh da Outlaw  (145)

Ooh, i'll join this for sure. Sounds interesting.

Name: Palitar of the Wave Village (he has no last name)
Species: Grubb
Position: Grubb nomad and warrior.
Personality: He's the silent but strong type.
Appearance: Is tall, with dark green skin and amber eyes. He wears a black loincloth with swirling patterns in beet red, a pair of over-worn sandals, a domed straw hat, and a long spear that he uses as a walking stick. He wears no shirt and has a tattoo of a solid-black eagle on his back, with its wingtips touching each sholder and its tail running all the way down his spine.
Equipment(Optional): A black spear with a red ruby on one end. He uses it as a walking stick, so nobody knows its a weapon until its too late.
History: He was raised in the Village of Waves, a warrior fortress build on the edge of the sea. However, when he was eighteen, he became restless of the same old hunting tactics and felt rather underappriciated, so he left the village in the middle of the night. However he had little experience with hunting on his own, as the Wave Grubbs always hunted for large kills in groups, so he soon began to starve. He resorted to trying to steal from a female grubb on the road, but she stunned him using a special herb she had collected. When he woke up he found himself in a cave with the grubb. She told him her name was Jaqueline, and that she was a fortune teller. She forgave him for trying to rob her and they've been together ever since.

Name: Jaqueline the Seer (also known as Jaqueline the prophet)
Species: Grubb
Position: A fortune teller and a herbalist, sometimes a thief
Personality: She's smart and mysterious, and has a fierce laugh that often scares people
Appearance: A grubb wearing a saphire blue robe, with a solid gold pendant around her neck that looks like a snake biting its tail and a black belt tightly around her waist. The palms of her hands are solid black, dyed perminantly from her work with special herbs. She has normal grey skin and silver-blue eyes.
Equipment(Optional): Two black leather bags on her hips packed with herbs. She has a staff strapped to her back shaped like a lightning bolt on one side.
History: She was an orphan, raised by a small family of steef herbalists living in the mountains. One night, when she was 16, a band of outlaws imprisoned her foster family and tried to cut their heads off. Enraged, she burned a forbidden herb and inhaled the fumes. The herb sent all grubbs into a berserk rage, and in her blind fury she killed all the outlaws with her staff. When she regained consiousness she realised what she had done, and ran off into the woods fearing that her foster family wouldn't want to live with a murderer. She lived as a nomad until Palitar tried to rob her. She taught him a lesson he wouldn't soon forget, and they've been together ever since.
Her pet: She has a pet falcon called Iris that was a gift from her steef family. He's a handsome bird and never leaves her side. Everyone who sees it feels strange, like they know he's more intelligent then he looks, and holds powers than none of them could understand, which is why Palitar thinks he sticks with Jaqueline so much: she's exactly the same. He has one gold eye and one blue eye.
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Well....I'm not so sure about you but I think it's high time we start this thing now! Anybody else who wants to play FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN ANY TIME!

It was early in the morning. The mines were all quite with no workers at all. Just chilling echoes of Ratz running down the corridors of them. Up in the surface, most of the workers were back in the coal town, hopefully having a pleasurable time before they get back in the mines. Hoss was snoring loudly in his office, happily dreaming about moolah. He kicked around his chair with his eyes closed to get into a more comfy position.
Meanwhile, outside, near the Hoss River, sat Skylla, staring at the dark starry sky in awe and beauty, trying to enjoy herself before Hoss starts acting up again. Wally was on her lap, panting and drooling like crazy. All of a sudden, something twitched in his nostrils. he sensed something. Something familiar. He slowly started sniffing the air and hopped out of Skylla's reach. She got up and gave chase, trying to call Wally back. Wally ran up to the old Hoss River, staring down at the water with tension. "Wally! You can get a drink of water inside! There's hardly any water in the-" Before she could finish, she spotted a peculiar sight. Was it...No it couldn't be....She saw a shining object, underneath the ripples of the water. She picked it up. then realized that there was more water than usual in the river! Wally jumped in and had fun swimming around. Skylla ran as fast as possible to Hoss's office.
Hoss was snoozing, as before, but then woke up when the suddenly door flew wide open and slammed against the wall. "HOSS! HOSS!!!" Hoss got up moaning. His beady eyes were still half closed. "What is it Skylla?" Hoss said slowly in an annoyed voice. "Hoss!!! Look at what I found!!!" She pulled out the shiny object. "It's gold!! I found gold!!!" Hoss's left eye opened wide eyed, gazing at the piece of gold. Then he settled down. "Skylla, I told you before, stop stealing from my 'secret' vault." The hyperactive Slig boomed out. "I didn't!! I found it at the river!!!" Hoss snatched the gold from her hand. It was a very tiny gold nugget. He examined the piece for a few seconds. Then Hoss opened his mouth wide and held up the gold piece in it. He took one hard bite and took out the gold. It was indeed malleable and bent in shape. That's when his eyes grew wide. "Skylla! Is this it?! Is there any more?!?" A second later, Wally walked in with three larger gold nuggets in his mouth. "Gimme that!" Hoss yelled out, pulling the nuggets out of the Sloggie's mouth. "Gold......finally......When the sun rises, we'll search for gold in the river, just to make sure there is more. If there is more, we'll have some of the miners go back to the old gold digging job! But for today, they'll just work in the coal mines." Hoss saw a blink of light arise in the distance. The sun was rising. Hoss pressed a button, with his eyes focused on the gold. A siren roared loudly outside in the mine town, making sure everybody wakes up for more mining....

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-18-2008 at 11:45 PM..
04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Ooc: Hooray for starting!
Ic: Garit was in his alleyway when he heard a commotion coming from the coal mine. 'Probrably just another complaint.' he thought but this was different. Someone was excited. Curious he slowly made his way to the coal mine. Keeping to the edges of the mine and slowly walking by the Hoss' house. He got there just in time to catch the end of the conversation. 'Gold? Here?' He thought astounded. His thoughts were interupted by an unexcpected siren. Garit flung his arms into the air thinking that they had caught him. But then he realized that it was only the coal mining siren. 'Nobody's by the river yet. I could earn a fortune really quickly.' He thought greedily. Rushing off towards the river, he hit a coal cart sending a bunch of racket through the mine. Running even faster, he was halfway to the river.
Ooc: Asuming the mine has coal carts. I wonder when the outlaw gang is going to come in. And since there is a gang is there some kind of NPC rule thing?

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

Out Of Coffee: Yay!
---

Palitar and Jaqueline were sitting by the banks of the Hoss river, eating the fish they had managed to catch. Palitar tore a hunk off of his food, chewing thoughfully as he pointed at their map.
"Its that way." He said, jabbing the map with his finger. Jaqueline looked down at it.
"No its not."
"Yes it is."
"No, its not."
"The village is right there!" He prodded the map angrily.
"Its upside down." Jaqueline said boredly. Palitar stared.
"No its not."
"Yes it is!"
"No---"
"The words are upside down, stupid!" She snapped, turning the map around. Suddently all the words became readable. Palitar paused.
"I guess it was upside down." He said weakly. Jaqueline rolled her eyes.
"Whatever." She said, picking up her things. "Lets just go."
She whistled loudly, and Iris swooped down from the branches, landing expertly on her shoulder. The falcon preened his feathers and eyed her with his golden eye as she fed him the last of her fish.
They continued downriver, occasionally stopping to examine rocks or shells they found near the water; they were in no hurry. Suddently Jaqueline said:
"What's that?"
She stepped into the river and scooped up a handful of wet sand, moving it around with her fingers. Something shiny and as amber as honey glinted back at her. "Gold!" She cried, shuffling around in the sand. "There's gold here!" Palitar hopped over with interest and helped her dig in the sand, throwing aside entire handfuls. Eventually they were rewarded with a second piece.
"Cool!" Palitar said, stuffing it in the pocket of his loincloth. Jaqueline grinned broadly and threw an arm over his shouder.
"I sense a money making opportunity."
04-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Ooc: Yes. I do know about that NPC rule. I plan on talking to Splat about this. If the gang doesn't have a few players in it (Which I obviously won't mind), I could always go cheap and have Gegnar do the action while the rest of his flunkies just watch. Anyways, if things go smoothly, the gang won't appear until further into the RPG.

Ic: Hoss was still staring at the gold, his eyes were practically glued to it...He started to unknowingly drool a little out of his mouth from the sight of the precious mineral. "EEEW!" Skylla screamed out. The scream snapped Hoss back to reality. "Wha? Who? Huh?!" Skylla had placed her hands around her 'mouth'. Hoss growled a little. "Skylla!! Stop screaming!!! You want everybody's attention or something?!" Skylla shook her head, replying no. She then asked him. "We goin' now Hoss?" Hoss looked right at her. "Yes...." Hoss then gasped out loud, "Oh FUDGERZ!!! I just realized!!! What if somebody already discovered the gold!!?!" Hoss started sweating and panicing frantically. Skylla tried calming him down onto his chair. The frightened Hoss couldn't handle something like that! Skylla then said reassurably "Don't worry boss! When I was out there, I saw nobody else in that river." Hoss took one pause, looking at Skylla. Then he made a sigh of relief. "Alrighty then!" Let's pack up!!!"
Hoss and Skylla walked out the doors of his office, both with small carts that carried small shovels and gold-prospecting pans. Wally emerged from the door next, a leash, held by Skylla, was tied around his neck. Hoss took one deep breath. "Remember.....Act normal. Pretend we're just heading out to the river for....er....uh...the scenery! That's it! The scenery!" The twosome both advanced towards the Hoss river. Everything was going smoothly. Nothing bad happened. They both walked out of the coal town. "That went better than expected." Hoss looked far into the distance at the river. "OH NO!!! Skylla!! Go get those two Grubbs outta here quickly!!!" Skylla did her job and took out her cross-bow, she let Wally out of his leash. Wally ran up to the Grubb that had a bird on her shoulder. He started barking frantically at them. Skylla then ran in, pointing her weapon at them. "Alright now!!! What's goin on here? Trespassers?!".....

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-19-2008 at 08:29 AM..
04-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

Palitar emerged from the water, panting and dripping, with a wide grin on his face. He held out his small handful of gold to Jaqueline, who just couldn't get her eyes off the stuff.
"Gold!" She cried, spinning in a happy little circle. "Thing of all the stuff we could buy! I could get a new pair of bamboo sandals, you know how expensive those things are?..."

"Alright now!!! What's goin on here? Trespassers?!" Somebody shouted.

Palitar swung around in surprise and rapidly stuffed the gold in his pocket, looking startled. A slog ran up to them, barking and snarling, followed by a slig with a crossbow. Jaqueline put her hands on her hips.
"You can't own a river, so technically, we aren't trespassers!" She snarled. Iris sprang into the air and landed in a nearby tree, shrieking angrily. Palitar gripped his walking-stick-spear and tensed, ready for a fight.
"Rivers are free!" He agreed, throwing his hands in the air. "You can't own a river! So get your fat butt back to your coal mine and leave us alone!"
04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Skylla growled at the two Grubbs. "This river belongs to Boss Hoss Wolvark!!! Get your grimey hands out of OUR river and leave before I make you both into mince meat!!!" Skylla's eyes sharpened and fixated onto the two, her crossbow was armed and ready. Wally the Sloggie kept barking up at the falcon. "Please.....I don't want to shoot anybody....Leave." Skylla paused for a moment. That's when Hoss butted into the conversation. "Howdy!!! Boss Hoss Wolvark! Founder, owner, manager, and dictator of Hoss' Coal Mines and Coal town. Ma card ma'am. Sir." hoss handed a card over to the female Grubb. The card had big letters spelling out Hoss' Mines, A fone number, and the catchy slogan Our Junk Is Your Fuel. "now please excuse my dear friend, Skylla. She's just a violent little scamper I tell you what. Heheheh!" Skylla grunted. "But boss! You sent me to-" Hoss immediatley covered up her face and winked at Skylla. "my friend also had tourrete syndrome so she can be pretty random at times." Skylla then made a loud muffled up shout. "WHAT?!!?!" Hoss let go of her 'mouth' and proceeded. "Now.....what can I do for ya?"

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-19-2008 at 09:32 AM..
04-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Ooc: I wonder if Hoss heard the racket thingy after Garit hit the cart. Must have been when he was drooling.
Ic: Garit was already shuffling the dirt and sand in the river when he saw two grubbs. 'They haven't seen me yet. No need to go and tell them I'm here.' He carried on moving the dirt around with little luck. He only had three small nuggets of gold in his pocket. Glancing at the grubbs he saw a glitter in their hands. 'Gold? They found it too?' He thought. Part of him wanted to threaten them into giving them to him, but the other part wanted to stay inconspicious. He choose the second part of him. Slowly and quietly, he crept down the river looking for better places. His pocket was now filled with five. Six. Seven. "Tresspasers!!!" A voice cried. 'Oh sh*t they found me.' He thought as he stretched his arms up and turned around. He then saw a wolvark, a slig, and a slog. They were talking to the grubbs and not him. 'That was close.' He thought as he looked around for cover. A large moss-covered rock stoud beside the riverbank. Slowly backpedalling towards it, he accidently splashed his foot in the water. Quickly retracting it he then set his back to the behind of the rock, hoping that the nobody had heard him. He then waited for the conversation to continue.
Ooc: Now to wait for tomorrow.

:

Last edited by Oddey; 04-19-2008 at 11:43 AM..
04-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Ooc: Actually, Oddey, you've only posted twice today. Your character profile was posted yesterday.

BTW: Yes. Hoss is in his own little world with moolah, not caring what is happening around him. Including possible damage to one of his own mining carts. lol
04-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Ooc: Oh must have misread the three posts a day thing. Thought it was only two. Not really all that much to do yet either way.

:

04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
Ooc: Oh must have misread the three posts a day thing. Thought it was only two. Not really all that much to do yet either way.
Hmm.......Since I myslef agree that it's not enough to do that much, I'll edit that rule and make sure people can only post FOUR times per day. (but that's the highest I myself am willing to go).
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

:
Hmm.......Since I myslef agree that it's not enough to do that much, I'll edit that rule and make sure people can only post FOUR times per day. (but that's the highest I myself am willing to go).
I didn't mean that it wasn't enough to do anything it's just that seeing as he's hiding behind a rock at the moment and waiting for Hoss, Skylla and everybody else to clear the area. Then he can go ahead and do whatever he wants. But you're the boss of the RPG so I won't tell you what to do. I was just letting you know what I meant.

:

04-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

:
I didn't mean that it wasn't enough to do anything it's just that seeing as he's hiding behind a rock at the moment and waiting for Hoss, Skylla and everybody else to clear the area. Then he can go ahead and do whatever he wants. But you're the boss of the RPG so I won't tell you what to do. I was just letting you know what I meant.
Sry for the misunderstanding then. Well.....the rules don't change then obviously.

Last edited by Chronicler; 04-19-2008 at 10:39 PM..