Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Kaizer
Chippunk

: May 2005
: In a house
: 27
Kaizer  (10)

Talon stopped to observe the Gloktigi further. "Go ahead, I'll catch up in a few minutes" he said. He focused his eye on one of the Gloktigi, which howled a long, frightening screech. "Not good" he muttered.
Trigger made his way further up the path but stopped as he came face to face with another Slig.
"Who are you?" the Slig asked.
Trigger slowly moved his hand towards his gun, but did not draw it. "I... my name is Trigger" he said quietly. "Are you with the"- he hesitated hoping the slig wasn't from the factory. Gunfire would attract the attention of the Gloktigi-"tribe?" he finished.
He was prevented from further conversation as Talon walked up beside him. "The Wolvarks are getting them riled up, and they're getting angry" he said. "I suggest we- huh?" he continued, but stopped as he noticed Sly. "And you would be?" he asked cautiously.

01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Sly's hand tensioned by his side, listening to the second Slig, questioning who he was.
"Hold it, bub..." Sly pointed. "I asked you foist. I suggest you tell me first,"
The two Sligs looked at each other, then back. Sly waited patiently for them, to either make a move, or answer him.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

01-04-2006, 11:28 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

Berdon realised that his thoughts were trailing away from the discussion around him, so he turned his concentration back to the current events.

"Setting traps is a good idea, like those ropes Cheddar mentioned... yeah, dangling them upside down up a tree and finish'em." He swinged his tomahawk enthusiasticly. "We better set those traps as soon as possible. It might be for our advantage."

He looked behind, in the direction where the enemy was suspected, then back at the others. "Thing is, I don't know a lot about these creatures you mentioned. What are they like?"

01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Kaizer
Chippunk

Kaizer  (10)

OOC: Dark Elite, by two sligs do you mean Talon and Trigger? Because Talon is a mudakon, and Trigger already gave his name.

IC: "Tch!" Talon grunted. "I am Talon" he said to the slig. "I take it you have already met my friend Trigger." He shifted his weight and the spooce bow on his arm glowed slightly. "Are you with the factory, or the tribe?" he asked. He shot a nervous glance at the Gloktigi before returning his gaze to Sly.

01-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

OOC: Oooooh....din't know Talon was a Mud. Sorry...

IC:
"I'm goin' to the factory. I dunno whoy yer askin' me 'bout a tribe, but if you'd excuse me...I'm-a be headin' to shelter. I think I'm gettin' a cold," Sly passed the Slig, giving him a quick glance in the eyes.

My main page ^^

01-07-2006, 04:01 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

OOC: Why's Sly going to the factory? To hide from the Gloks?
IC:
Laskar was all for the traps, but then he noticed Sly was missing.
"Waitaminute guys, where's Sly?"

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

01-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

OOC: Yeah, he is. Since no one would listen o him, he'd rather hide in the factory than stand up to the Glok's.

My main page ^^

01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Abhay had followed the conversation silently up till now, then he spoke up,
"Uh... you know, guys, if you wanted I might be able to buy you a bit more time to set up traps..."
He paused for a few moments, then continued, "I've been reasonably successful at harrassment missions before, so I might be able to distract them long enough for you to get traps set up when they get here. But I've never encountered a live Gloktigi before... does anybody have any advice on how to avoid their attacks?"
He thought for a moment, then added, "On second thoughts, does anybody have any advice?"

01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Sly listened to the Mudokon's suggestion, taking thought in its skill it said.
He nodded in agreement.
"Very well," Sly looked up to the Mudokon.
"Make the traps. I'll head out for Sly," He looked all around.
"Like I said...We could use all the help we can get," Slogann nodded, and ran up the direction Sly took off to.
The factory was nearby to Sly. The air was more smoggy to Sly's smell. He'd left the Slig and Mudokon to their own.
There was a distant howl down the steep slope to the forest. Sly turned around.
Slogann bursted out of the trees, his tongue lopping out one side.
"Slogann?" Sly said to himself.
Slogann regenerated from his sprint, then looked up to Sly.
"Sly. We need yer help. The Gloktigi's are really close. We're going to need all the help we can get, and that includes you," Slogann said.
"Why bother? We can't beat a bunch've Gloktigi's, along with their trainers," Sly shrugged.
"That's why we need every possible person to help," Slogann whined.
Sly let out a harsh sigh. He blinked a little doubtfully to his Slog.
"You positive?"
Slogann bounced his head up and down.
Sly looked down the hill to the standing Slig and Mudokon staring curiously at both Slig and Slog.
Sly gave a grin, then trotted down to them. He scratched his head nervously, but managed to look at them.
"We-well..." he stuttered at first. "we could use yer help...guys...To beat the Glok's?" Sly spoke.

My main page ^^

01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

"On second thoughts, does anybody have any advice?"

Mordred stepped forward. "I have," he spoke out loud
"Sorry for keeping it quiet, but I didn't know what you meant with Glocktigi before I heard their howls again." He continued

"I've had a single confrontation with two of those creatures before. I had a hard time shaking them off. I bet they wouldn't notice a trap, but leading them into one would be a hard thing to do.
And their attacks, it isn't as easy as it seems. I've seen them doing several of 'em. Let me think, it was some time ago. They... can spit, green acidy sticky burning stuff which they use for trapping enemies. So simply running away wouldn't work, yet they do make this screeching sound before they spit, so you'll be able to dodge before you get hit.
Another thing is, you can't get close to them. They've got legs, like razorblades which they'll try to pierce you with. And if they won't try to pierce you, they'd imitate a scrab-dance and use their legs in attempt of cutting you up."

He paused.
"That's all I can tell you about them. But I... Hey, as for a trap... no, their legs would cut through rope. What about a pit-trap? You know, the good old tree-branch-over-a-pit trap. We'd only need something to bait them to the pit, just something very... prominent."

Last edited by big bro boogie; 01-12-2006 at 01:18 PM..
01-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Kaizer
Chippunk

Kaizer  (10)

Talons eyes widened as he listened to the question. "Gloktigis!? You want us to fight Gloktigis!?" he said. Trigger hoisted his gun onto his shoulder. "Sounds like fun, how many people do we have with us on this?" he asked. Talon jumped and looked him up and down. "These are Gloktigis! Does it matter!?" he asked. Trigger didn't move. "Gloktigis are large and powerful, but if it matched wits with a brick it would lose. If we stay one step ahead and use ranged weapons then we should be able to come out on top. The wolvarks won't pose much of a problem, they're about as smart if not less than the Gloktigi themselves. The Gloktigis primary attack will probably be to spit an acidic green slime, that binds foes and prevents them from moving. If you get slimed then try furiously to shake it off, because getting impaled is not fun." he showed them a scar near his shoulder, like a bullet hole but larger. "If you damage them enough, then they can and likely will, turn into a kind of spectre, and get away, it won't last for long though, and you should be able to take them down if there is enough of us" he finished. Talon's jaw dropped and he simply gawped at Triggers apparent wisdom of Gloktigis. "What?" Trigger said.

01-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Slogann nodded to Trigger's wisdom as well.
"Very good. I think we have our planner 'ere, ey Sly?" his head wounded up to Sly.
"Eh..." Sly hummed.
"Come with us! We'll show you where they'll come to!"
Slogann and Sly dashed back down the hill through the forest. They noticed it was silent...almost too silent...
The Mudokons were gone, and the land hadn't been redone. But caution still needed to be taken.
"Chedder? Uh...Laskar?" Slogann quietly called.
"'Dis way! Over 'ere! Move it, grunts!"
Rattling chains and grouchy voices roared through the parted trees.
Slogann's fur prickled up on his neck. He darted to Sly, who was almost the same way as his Slog. But he quickly and calmly assessed.
"We need to hide, tute' suit," Sly snapped his fingers.

My main page ^^

01-17-2006, 03:28 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Sorry about the absense. Too much goin on!

Cheddar nodded. "If we can dig a shallow bit it should give us a chance to get in a few shots while they're dazed. And a few rope traps might have some success with the wolvarks."

Albert: "I know how to put together some triggered rope traps, so we can make em go off when we want, say when the glokti-things are in the pit we can grab the other things with em. And I can set em up quickly, I did a fair amount hunting and when we were ambushing sligs." He paused, slightly embarrased and glanced at the other sligs. "You can't get scrabs in a rope trap but yeah, we could get a it dug quickly, just good enough to stun them while we rain down attacks on em."

Cheddar: "Excellent, anyone with any experience can start setting things up. Abhey, go and spy on them. Don't let them know you're there unless you have no choice. I'll send a flare up when we're about ready and then you can lead them here. Take Mordred with you if he's ok with it. I'll go into the woods to look for vines and when the time comes I'll take care of the bait. Anyone who can't help with the traps can help look for strong vines to use for ropes. Prepare yourselves to fight, don't tire yourselves out. This will not be an easy fight."

01-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

"Understood!" Sly whipped out his rifle when he heard Cheddar's words.
The rattling of rusted chains were close enough for them.
Albert gave a quick thumbs-up to his squad.
Slogann kept a keen eye through the massed-up trees. He nodded back to Sly.
The trap was set. Now all they needed was a miracle that this would work.
Slogann scrambled back behind the dripping trees where everyone stood hunched down.
Leaves rustled violently, and hollars of angry mob voices arose. Their distinct tortuous yells made Sly's stomach flatten.
"C'mon, fellers! That Sly character must be 'round 'ere somewhere!"
"And when we get our hands on 'im, we'll show him the true fury of us unemployed bastards!"
Slogann's ears flattened, as he slowly looked to Sly, as of everyone else.
Sly kept frozen, eyes as wide as dinner plates. He reached his arm up, and scratched the side of his green jaw. He felt the narrowed eyes of everyone staring at him in disbelief. He turned his tassled mouth to everyone, choking on what he was going to say.
"What?" he spoke.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 01-17-2006 at 11:41 AM..
01-28-2006, 05:51 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: Sorry! Shoulda replied sooner but I haven't dropped out without sayin' at any rate.

Slugger, who kept silent and just listening up until now, made his way quietly over to Sly and Slogann, Jaws trotting after him. Hearing the voices talking up ahead, he wiggled his mouth tentacles in quiet amusement.

"Looks like we're both past our pants in crud." he muttered to the other Slig. "Hey, listen," he suddenly said after a pause, "The Mudlings need more time to deal with the Gloks, you an' I can handle this bunch of morons right?" Jaws nodded his head up and down enthusiastically.

Aw, can we!? he grunted hopefully, Please, please, please! C'mon Slogann! The young puppy Slog didn't wait for a reply before he darted off into the undergrowth, towards the voices. Slugger swore quietly and began to cautiously follow, swearing blind that that Slog was more trouble then it was worth...

01-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Slogann's ears perked up, watching Jaws trot the path to where the Gloktigis and Wolvarks were coming.
"Augh! Stop! Wait! No!" Slogann ran after Jaws.
Sly moved by Slugger, blinking ahead to where his Slog was catching up to Slugger's.
"The Mudokons'll get the Gloks. No doubt they have experience with those beasts,"
Sly swung his rifle in front of him.
"The 'varks'll be a piece of Paramite pie,"
Slogann nipped gently at Jaws's stubby tail. The squawks of the Gloktigis were right ahead of a barrier of bushes.
Slogann gasped, and tackled Jaws in to the brush. He kept his movement to a stop.
Footsteps rustled through the bush they hid in. Black long talons pierced the soft dirt and leaves. The Gloktigis were in chains attached to their wrists, and the Wolvarks pulling them gently behind them.
"Shh..." Slogann hushed. "Don't let them know we're here,"

My main page ^^