Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

09-21-2005, 05:59 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Yeah, sorry MeechMuncher, at the moment I would prefer more experienced RPers, just until we get the thing off the ground. Get some more experience and then come back. Plus, if you read the beginning of some more developed RPGs you should get the idea.
Havoc, great to see ya, I was hoping you might turn up! Cheers T!

IC: Albert had been hiding at the mouth of the hollow with his bow for almost an hour and nothing had happened.
Albert: "Maybe you should send up another flare in case anyone missed the first?"
Cheddar: "Maybe soon, but they may be a way off, give them time. Anyway, if a slig is heading this way already another signal will help him out a lot."

Albert sighed and looked outwards again. THe forest was still silent, though he could distantly hear bird calls, which he guessed was a good thing.

09-21-2005, 08:18 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Munch's Master told me about this RPG, and I think the idea is great! I have only been moving around in an Industrial environment (W@RF), so this will be some change of air for me. So, not too late to join? Here's my profile...

Name: Berdon
Race: Native Mudokon
Position: Mudokon Warrior
Appearance: Apart from the traditional loincloth, he wears a rather large glove on his right hand, like most Tomahawkers, except that it’s rather greyish coloured. He’s a bit larger than average. He has a faint bruise over his right knee, which comes from his training years. He’s usually looking grim, but only for those who don’t know him well.
Equipment: Berdon’s weapon of choice is a custom tomahawk, which is a bit shorter than the standard. He made the hilt himself with a long piece of sharp metal, which he carries on his belt. The round stone on the hilt is from a river next to the tribe’s village. It’s not jewel-like, like usual, it’s just… stone-like. Sometimes, Berdon replaces it with a sharper one capable of woodcutting.
Bio: Berdon was captured by Industrials when he was young. He was transfered from factory to factory until he ended up in Soulstorm Brewery. Day by day, he was hanging upside down while they were extracting his tears for the factory’s gain. This, of course, had effected his personality extremely. He became cold-blooded, almost emotionless. After the destruction of Soulstorm Brewery, he was free at last. He joined the Mudakee Tribe and has been living in their village since. This lowered his cold-bloodedness a little, but he still has no sympathy for Industrials.

It has more detail than my W@RF profiles, I guess...

Last edited by dripik; 09-21-2005 at 10:49 AM..
09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger panted as he ran, mechanical pants whirring nosily. Stealth had gone out of the window at this point.

Slugger: “Jaws!” he yelled, “Get back here you shlub!”

All of the Slig’s thoughts were focused on finding his Slog partner. He could guarantee that Jaws was going to get himself and maybe Slugger as well, into trouble.

It always happened…

Slugger was sprinting as such when all of a sudden he heard a brittle crack. Stupidly, instead of picking up his pace, he stopped and hefted his rifle. He heard another crack and he dropped a couple of abrupt inches…

Slugger looked down, to find he was standing on a very fragile wickerwork of slender branches…

Slugger: “Oh cr-AHHHH!”

And with that very eloquent sentiment Slugger dropped into the Mudokon hunting pit he’d quite literally stumbled into. He landed with a thud and an ‘Ugh’.

He was so lying on his back, staring up at the canopy and wondering if he’d broken anything, when Jaws peeked over the rim.

Slugger: “This is all your fault…” muttered the Slig.

Jaws: Hey, don’t look at me, I knew it was there, and I’m meant to be the ‘dumber’ species…

Groaning Slugger tried to rise, only to find he couldn’t. And there was pain… a lot of pain. He fell back with a grunt.

Jaws: Maybe you should try and get out of those pants. The Slog suggested helpfully…well, it would have been helpful if Slugger actually understood him.

Jaws watched his Master struggle for a bit as he tried to rise again, only to fall back with a pained groan. Jaws cocked his head to one side thoughtfully. He suddenly came upon an idea.

Jaws: I’ll be right back, just…don’t go anywhere… The Slog left the pit and his Slig master to go and find some help. He was as such, running at full tilt, when he came into contact, very forcefully, with a tree bordering a hollow. Jaws was sent sprawling onto his back and ended up wiggling his legs pathetically in the air, just like a ladybug that had been turned onto it’s back.

Jaws: Oh this is not good… Just then Jaws felt something like a stick prod at his stomach. Jaws wiggled his legs and growled.

Jaws: Really, not good…

09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

OOC: Ok, lets go I guess. But Splat, what kind of factory are we talking btw? Cuz you failed to mention any names or whatever...
For now I'm going to assume Mento's squad merely exists of Nick. If anyone wants to put his industrial chars under Mento's... 'care'... feel free to blend in .

---

Nick was sitting on the lookout on a nearby rock. He was grumbling in himself. Being assigned to the middle of nowhere! Ugh!
Was Veldrac completely out of his mind?! Well... yea, but this was crazy even for him!
They were a mile or two away from the native village. They were part of a series of squads. But for now Mento and Nick merely formed backup, as they were only two sligs. So here they were, camping in the middle of nowhere without orders, barely with any food and a commander you'd want to feed to the Scrabs.

'NICK!' was suddenly shouted from the camp. Mento's heavy rough voice echoed away in the plains. He came marching out of his tent, straight up to Nick who in turn didn't have to think twice to get on his feet.

'Yes, sir!'

'Status?'

Still boring and stupid...
'No change, sir!'

Mento got out some binoculars and stared down the plains. He could barely make out the small figures. In fact they were way to far from them to see anything usefull at all.
After some time he turned around and went back to his tent.

'As you were...' he said when he passed Nick.

Nick threw a hating look after Mento... then climbed back onto his rock. Big thunder clouds were forming a few miles east which would probably mean he would be sitting in the rain within an hour or two. He hoped Mento would take over his shift soon... but he knew that was unlikely to happen till at least midnight.

He sighed, missing the good old days in Rupture Farms. He wonderd how everyone was doing. Especialy Math back at the Soulstorm construction site.

'Smuck...' he mumbled angry, referring to Mento as he stared at the thunder clouds.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

09-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

The howls came closer, as he drew nearer to the Slogs.
"You damned things....I'll kill you myself...." Sly said angrily to himself. There was an utter silence, only the chafing of his metal pants sounded out to the trees. He stopped mere meters away from the howling Slogs. He kept his Blitz packer in mind, as crunching of leaves further in front of him came closer. He saw the glittering glare of a black-green and red-orange eyes stare right at him. More multi-colored eyes appeared behind the Slogs, then the hell's experiment squad revealed themselves from the shadows.
"You do the job?" Sly asked calmly, not to surprise the Slogs that he had his hands behind to his weapon. He gazed over at the twisted bodies of the Slogs; bones nearly sticking out of their skin, their spines grooved deeply, and their legs twisted in different forms. They were defenetly something.
"Yeah. Now, what about my end of the deal?" the Slog spoke in a mucus-caught voice, while the others came up to its side, growling and baring their many sharp teeth, growing highly out of their gums. Sly's gaze squinted in to a beady yellow glare. "Ok...You got what you deserved..." Sly said slyly. The Slogs growled happily, relaxing their tensious bodies. Sly slung his Packer quickly over, squeezing the trigger down, and shooting many skin-tearing bullets from the weapon. Whines and barks howled, as bits of flesh and bone spattered all around the trees. The last one to die was the leader, his glare nearly penatrating Sly's mind. He only scoffed pathetically at the Slog, and finished it off. His job was done, as he lifted his weapon up in the air, staring around at the torn up Slogs splattered all around the forest canopy. He gave a relaxed grunt, slinging his Blitz Packer over his shoulder once more.
"Oh yeah...They got what they deserved. A one-way ticket to hell," Sly spat on the ground. The flare's intense light shone through the forest roof, streams of light passing over the dead bodies of the Slogs. He still wondered what the light was, but what had to come first was Slogann, the one whom he betrayed in the first place. And he was going to fix things up again. He ran down the path the Slogs had taken down to his partner, thinking about the light secondly.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: Glad you decided to join Havoc

Bass gave up on the radio. He was probably too far away for the signal to get caught by anyone. He knew there were some Mudokons at south, since he'd lost one while tracking it. So he spent some time looking for Muds or sligs again, with no luck, untill he heard something.
A rattling somewhere near. He got a grin on his face, and rushed to the place, but only to find two other sligs. He got both dissapointed and surprised.
He looked at one of the Sligs, who had medals and was looking very proud of his nature.

"Veldrac." he thought and then spoke, "Hail Comander!"

He got closer, not handing Nick one look.

"I eh... Saw some Muds at the south of the forest, but i lost them." he said hardly, and scratched his back, he did that usually when he didn't know what to say, "Eh... Who's the whimp?"

~~~~

Niamae ran through the forest, only because he was tired of walking. He payed attention to evry little noise around him,. and finally he heard something that caught his attention. He stopped, and looked at the direction the noise came from. He approached it carefully. He raised his slingshot, and took one of his Spike-stones, then he readyed the weapon.
He then went so close that he could see, without being seen himself, and saw a slig (slugger) and a Slog.

"Got ya..." he thought to himself.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

His rifle was out of reach.

And Jaws was gone.

Slugger didn't know why or where, but he could only hope that the Slog had gone for some help and not gotten himself killed.

Slugger let out a frustrated rush of static.

Slugger: 'Why me?' he wondered,

Slugger: 'Why is it always me?' suddenly the Slig's mouth tenacles tingled. Which was always a sure sign of...

Slugger: 'Oh no...' ...unwanted company... Slugger cleared his throat,

Slugger: "Erm, hello? I know you're there... I'm unarmed and I'd be very grateful if you could help me out of this hole..." he waited with baited breath for a reply...

09-21-2005, 11:52 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Niamae hesitated a bit, and then came out, stil with his weapon readied. He wasn't sure he could trust the Slig. Maybe it had hided it's weapons.

"Give me a reason NOT to shoot you right now. Not having a weapon doesn't qount." He said coldly.

He stepped closer, examining the slig. Then he looked around him. No weapon to be seen. He sighed, and lowered the weapon, but still kept the distance.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

============

09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger mentally scowled,

Slugger: 'What a dumb question, 'What am I doing here?' honestly...' but out loud he remained civil,

Slugger: "I'm flat on my back in a hole, what does it look like I'm doing Mudboy?" There was a pause,

Slugger: "Hey, have you seen a Slog about, a runty one, looks dumb. He was here a second ago and now he's gone... As for a reason not to shoot me, well, I haven't got one." he squinted at the Mudokon, eyeing the mask.

Slugger: "What are you doing here? And what's with the mask...you not...one of those Mudokon spirit things out for revenge are you? Because that's the last thing I need..."

09-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

"Slogann! Where are you!?" Sly shouted loudly, only hearing the recoils of his voice through the trees. He nearly gave up hope. He searched and wandered around the forest for nearly a half an hour, the sun slitting around the hills and mountains. Until he heard a familiar whine. Ver faint and weak, but familiar. "Slogann?" Sly called, his throat clogging in joy, as he ran to the whine. Scurrying Chipunks ran from his path, gibbering a line of insults. He smacked away Bolamite's webs, broke down tree branches, until he saw the gruesome sight of the Slog.
His body was beaten to a pulp, scratches and deep gashes spewed out dried blood. Black blotches of bruises ran all down his ribs and legs. His left eye was only a giant puff, and that wasn't all the damage. Sly sprinted faster to Slogann, nearly feeling a tear come out of his eye, as he knelt down to the Slog, lifting his head carefully.
"Slogann? Speak to me..." Sly's words came out hoarsely. Slogann's only eye opened, staring weakly up to him.
"Sly..." he said raspily, lifting his head off of Sly's palm, but letting out a harsh cough. "Look at what they did to you! Why did I ever do this?" Sly mumbled tearfully. "Wha..." Slogann said in a near whisper. "Don't worry, buddy. We'll get you fixed up," he lifted the Slog off the forest floor, and closely to him. He gazed around aimlessly, wondering wher to go next. But he couldn't just admit the fact that he was totally lost.
"HELLO?! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!?" Sly yelled, listening closely for anything to hopefully answer his cries.

My main page ^^

09-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

: May 2005
: Anigav
: 549
Salamander  (79)

Silver opened his eyes. 'Were am i?' he thought, he was hanging upside down tied to a thick branch of a tree.
"HELP" Silver yelled at the top of his voice. If he was unlucky those sligs would have followed him, or worse, captured him. 'I need to get back to the village, and fast' he thought, something was around here some where, and if he didn't escape, he might not live to see another day.
Silver struggled as hard as he could.
OOC: um i have to got off the internet, ill finish this post later
Last edited by Salamander : Today at 05:18 PM.

09-22-2005, 07:42 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Niamae sighed heavily, while looking down.

"No I'm not some spirit-mudokon. But i wanna know what you're doing out here in our forest. Are you working for that facility not too far away?" Niamae asked.

While he waited for an answer, he pondered wether he wanted to help him or just leave him down there. Or maybe end the Slig's pains with the slingshot. He rolled his eyes. Somehow he felt pity for the slig. He thought it would be a pathetic way of dying, even for a slig, and he didn't know yet whose side he was on.

"Maybe you should try getting off those pants, and then i'll get a liana, i can pull you up with," he then suggested.

============

09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I'll join in then...

------------------------

Berdon's eyes were closed. The first thing he realised that he was lying on the ground. He heard the leaves rustling around him, and he felt the wind blowing. "Must be morning..." he thought. Then, a sudden flash of yellow light forced his eyes open. He sat up and looked for the source of the light. He spotted it high in the air - it was a Mudokon signal. Then he remembered... Gunshots... Screams... The burning village... The butt end of a Slig rifle. That was the last thing he could remember. The Slig smacked him in the head, and he fell to the ground.

He looked around, searching for his tomahawk. It was a few meters away from him. He got up, stepped to it and picked it up. "Must be more careful next time..." he thought as he touched the bruise on his head. Then he ran into the forest, towards the flash of light.

09-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Laskar couldn't find where Cheddar's hut was, as half the village was gone, and couldn't find any survivors anywhere. He was worried that Cheddar might have been killed, and began to start moving away from what had been the village, looking for him in the forest. He saw a distant flash, like a flare, and hoped that that was where some of the survivors were. He readied his gun in case it was a trick by the factory workers, and hurried in the direction of the light.

Hadda reached the river, and began towash his face, trying to wash away the horrible memories of last night as well.
While at the riverbed, he heard a distant yell of
"HELLO?! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!?", that seemed to come from deep within the forest.
Not sure whether to think it was an industrial slig or villager survivor, he yelled himself at the top of his voice
"WHAT ARE YOU? INDUSTRIAL OR NATIVE?!" And then ducked down into the stream, his head barely above the water, in case it was one of the factory sligs trying to bait him in.
He clutched his spear in fear.

ooc: Dark Elite, is Sly an industrial Slig or rebel Slig, the bio kind of confused me.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Sorry about that, Dripik, of course you can join. And for all who've felt the need to know, the factory is creatively titled: "Ghermin's Vermin Learnin" and it's an animal testing lab, so you can probably guess what goes on there.
And I'm gonna take a leaf out of Havoc's book for format. The general way is starting to annoy me.
Lastly, as a suggestion Havoc, maybe other members of Mento's squad were killed. Just an idea. Anyway...

IC: Albert peered suspiciously out through the tribe. He could hear something. "Hey Cheddar, I think i hear voices. And I thought i heard an animal nearby eariler."
Cheddar Longwing looked up from whatever he was doing in the corner. "Voices of what? Mudokon, slig?"
"I'm not really sure. Maybe I should go check it out?"
Cheddar considered this for a few seconds. "Ok, but keep your eyes open, it could be trouble. If its one of the tribe, bring him here. They might not be able to find us, though if it's a slig that's probably a good thing."
Albert nodded and crawled out of the hollow.

He got up slowly, stretching his muscles. He slung his bow over his shoulder and pulled a knife out of the belt from his loincloth. If he was going to run into trouble he doubted he'd have a chane to fit an arrow and raise his bow before trouble noticed him.
He was confident Cheddar could take care of himself. He was a great shaman, after all.

Albert stalked slowly through the trees, wishing it was a little louder to hide the noise he was making. Staying close to the tree he looked out and saw a mudokon he didn't recognise (Niamae), standing in front of a pit and apparently talking to a person who was inside. He was a little surprised to see a person he didn't really recognise, so instead he stayed hidden in the trees and listened to what they were saying.

09-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

ooc: Sly's kinda both industrial and rebel. He hates teh industry, but works for it for a living. Kinda like us, how some people hate school, but yet, we have ter put up with it

IC: Sly snapped his head towards the echoing yell he heard over the calm rushing waters of the river. He moved slightly towards it, then stopped. He could recognize such a voice, the voice of something he used to torcher, and he absolutely hated torchery. Then the question came out clearer, and Sly had difficulty to what to answer.
"I ain't gonna kill you! Just please! Help me, or my Slog'll die!" Sly nearly cried, running towards the river. He nearly stumbled over unrooted tree roots, but he skidded to a stop at the soft dirt near the river. The waters sparkled under the rising dawn sun, a purple-orange color. Reeds and cattails grew in the water, under the bedded rocks. Sly frantically searched around, then seeing a top of a rounded green head. He knew it was the voice that had called out.
"Hey! You!" he shouted at the head peeking over a few reed grasses. "Please! I don't care who or what you are! Help me with my friend here, or he'll die!" Sly finally broke down on to his knees sobbing loudly. Tears ran down his slightly torn black mask, his red-yellow eyes shining from the wetness. He pleaded once more, watching the thing rise out of the reeds.

My main page ^^

09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

OOC: That's in fact a idea, Splat. For the sence of irony. Yea, the rest of the squad is killed XD.

---

Mento looked up, seemingly anoyed as Bass greeted him. Nick also looked over to the new guy. But when Veldrac noticed he wasn't paying attention to what he was supposed to, he was emidiatly corrected.

'I didn't give you permission to look this way, Nick!'

Nick quikely went back to looked over the plains and staring at the thunder clouds a few miles away from them. Mento, meanwhile, inspected this new slig. A new addition to the squad maybe? Wouldn't hurt in any case after the slaughter party a few days ago. He lost 6 good men back there.

'Well... who do we have here?' he mumbled. 'State your name and rank, soldier.'

Nick had an unhearable chuckle to himself.

'What a rookie... Veldrac is gonna level him out with the soil for sure...'

He had a quike look over his shoulder to make sure he didn't hear that. When he confirmed that, he went back to his thoughts.
Maybe this new guy would make Veldrac stop picking on him.
He had a closer look at the clouds. They were getting realy close realy fast.

'Sir!' Nick called. 'We have rain on 10 o clock! Possible thunder as well.'

'Your point! You are not telling me you're afraid of a little rain are you? Whimp...'

'No sir! I'm more afraid for our tents and equipment! They are not likely to survive a heave thunder storm, sir!'

Mento had a thought. The damn kid might even have a point there. First things first tho. He turned back to Bass.

'I asked you a question soldier!'

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

09-22-2005, 11:21 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger rolled his eyes.

"If I could get out of these pants, don't you think I would have done it already?" he said grumpily, "I think some of the mechanics have been crushed and it's pinned me in..." There was a short pause, "And no, I'm not working for a facility, I just busted out of a squad and I don't intend on going back. I'm lower then you Mud, I shot a commanding officer. So if I'm seen by another Slig, I'll be shot on sight."

Slugger took a breath and let out a deep sigh;

"If you not going to help me, then please just end it...I'm sick of everything...Just do me a favour, if you see a runty Slog that answers to Jaws, don't kill him..." Slugger chuckled, "He always like Mudokons..." Slugger twitched painfully and groaned. "But do it quick." he muttered.

09-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Ok, here I go:

IC:

Abhay was swiftly making his way back to the village; he had been away on a scouting mission (which had been fruitless) for what seemed like weeks, even though he knew he had only been away for two days. He was a little worried about what his superiors would have to say when he informed them of the lack of success he'd had in his mission, but he was more worried about just getting home.
Then, suddenly, he saw a flash of yellow light rise up into the air in the distance. He stopped momentarily, his mind racing. Whatever it was, he knew it was trouble, and he decided he had better investigate it.
He broke into a run, carefully avoiding anything on the ground that would make his footsteps louder, and keeping behind cover as much as possible; he was used to this sort of thing.
He was getting closer, when he suddenly heard voices not far away. He instantly dropped to the ground, then listening for them, he started crawling stealthily along the ground towards them, but making sure he wouldn't be seen. He came up to a bank, and cautiously peeped over the top of it.
'I asked you a question soldier!'
Abhay quickly dropped back down behind the bank. Industrials! He had only seen three of them there, but who knew how many else were hidden. He started moving away, hoping the look-out slig hadn't noticed him...

09-23-2005, 02:36 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Niamae rolled his eyes. this was just too pathetic. But for some reason, he chose to believe what this slig told him. He thought that the Slig was too stupid to lie.

"Just relax, i'm gonna try and help you up somehow." He said, and tried to think of something.

He looked around. Maybe he could pull him up with some of the lianas, but he didn't know if the slig was too heavy.

"Are you sure, I can't pull you up with something? I'm not sure if you weight too much though." He then asked the Slig.

-----

"I'm Nr. 182, but people call me bass. I'm a BigBro as you can see. Just out 'ere killing some muds and stuff." He said, and looked a bit at nick.

"whimp..." he thought to himself, and grinned a bit.

"Yo! WHat about getting out, and do something, instead of just looking around? I saw some Muds to the south-" He said, but then stopped.

He thought he had seen something with the corner of his eyes. He looked around, and decided it was nothing.

============

09-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

(Ooc: This looks good so far. Hopefully it won't get too quick - RPGs, I feel, are ruined when two people post two pages in the matter of two minutes. I might join, but I'll wait first. Given my history with RPGs, I might give it up in a week.
It may be easier to ignore the spooce bushes, and take this as info on sprooce - "a sort of spiritual currency earned by channeling energies from living creatures". It is a force, heh, contained in mudokons which let them interact with the world in different ways. It takes many of them to do something usefull with it, like change the weather, and only at culturally significant places like storm circles, but a single one can do things with it, such as fire spoocebows. Shamans, who are trained or lerned, would be better at it than the average mudokon, but acoording to the games only Abe has the extrordanary ammount needed to possess creatures. Theoretically it will drain, but meditating should gain some more. This infomation is only gleaned, so in no way take it as gospel. Just thought I'd try to clear it up.)

09-23-2005, 06:08 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger wondered if the Mudokon had fallen for his ‘I’m so pathetic, how could I be lying’ ruse. Sure he wasn’t lying exactly, just stretching the truth a little, and playing stupid and pathetic hopefully would get him some sympathy and the Mudokon would get him out.

Maybe he could find Jaws and finally get away from this place. He tried moving again. He winced, expecting pain, but all he felt was a dull pounding ache. He tried to move his legs. With a harsh screech of metal on metal Slugger bent his biochemical legs and holding onto a trailing root sticking out of the pit wall, he pulled himself to his feet. One of the legs on the metal pants whined and issued a thread of smoke. The Slig looked up at the masked Mudokon above him.

“There should be a Slig field kit around there somewhere, it’s got a cord and winch among other things, secure that round a tree and throw down the loose end and I’ll get myself out.” The was a silence. Slugger wondered if the Mudokon would find his rifle…

09-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Splat

Albert had come to the conclusion that there was a slig in the pit that had announced it hated industrials and the mudokon was trying to help him.
Albert, deciding he should do something, stood up out of his hiding place and called out of to the mudokon: "Hey, what are you doing here? And how do you know yuo can trust the slig?"
Oh boy, Cheddar was gonna crush him if he started trouble.

09-23-2005, 06:39 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

He turned around emmidiatly, when he heard Albert speak. He felt both annoyance and relief. He was happy that some people from the tribe had survived, but he didn't like interuptions.

"Well i can't trust that slig, but he's helpless, and it's dishonouring to kill a defenceless opponent. I was gonna take him as a hostage anyways, untill i decided what to do with him, but look out for a Slog, that is his. I'm sure if it's gonna attack or anything." He said, while looking for the Kit that the Slig had told him about, "Also, could you please see if there's a rifle around here?"

He suddenly spotted the kit, and ran over to it, took out the cord and the winch. Then he tied it to a tree, and then ran back to the pit.

============

09-23-2005, 07:23 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger suppressed a groan. Not another one. One Mudokon, Slugger could handle but two against one was another matter, and he wasn’t too keen on shooting someone who had just helped him out of a sticky spot.

Still he felt a flicker of annoyance; helpless? Helpless!? Slugger scowled,

“Jumped up Mud…I’ll show him helpless…” his irritated monologue was cut short when the Mudokon spoke to the newcomer.

"Also, could you please see if there's a rifle around here?"

“Damn…” If they got hold of his rifle then Slugger was a hostage and pretty much screwed. Slugger sighed as well, was the masked Mudokon completely daft, he’d already explained about Jaws… “The Slog is harmless.” He called up, “He’d prefer a stomach rub over violence any day…actually…he is a bit of a freak…” Slugger mused. Hopefully this new Mudokon would actually believe him and ask questions first instead of just shooting Jaws on sight.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 09-23-2005 at 08:56 AM..
09-23-2005, 07:35 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

Berdon slowed down at the edge of the forest. He stopped behind a tree to catch his breath, and he looked at the clearing and the village itself next to the forest. He saw no Industrials there, only the Mudokon cottages. Some of them were still smoking, and others were demolished.

"Seems quiet... I better go and have a look." he thought.

He held his tomahawk in an steady position in front of him and sneaked out from the forest. He was heading to a hollow next to the village - it was the usual hideout for the tribe in case of trouble. The rising sun's rays were falling on the hollow's entrance and he saw a shining moth on a staff. "Cheddar..." he thought. "I should have guessed when I saw that signal. Good thing he survived." He walked to the entrance.

"Pleasant morning to you, Cheddar. Mine hasn't been like that yet." he added.

09-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Splat

Cheddar looked up in surprise, mentally smacking himself for not seeing Berdon aproaching. But then, at least it wasn't a slig. Cheddar smiled. "Good to see you survived the night, i was beggining to think we were the only ones left somehow - that's me and Albert, I ran into him yesterday afternoon and we kept each other protected... How did you fare?"

Albert looked at the mudokon suspiciously, and then walked over to the edge of the pit and looked down to see a slig lying on his back, looking rather stupid. "How did you end up in there, someone poke your eyes out?"
After watching sligs shoot his captain into the second life only the day before, Albert was feeling less than tolerant.

09-23-2005, 09:17 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Niamae rolled his eyes, and threw the cord down.

"Now get up, and don't do any funyy tricks." Niamae said coldly.

MAybe this slig WAS too dumb. He was getting impatient, and wanted to get rid by it as soon as possible. But then a problem came to his mind, he couldn't just let him go, maybe he WAS working for the factory nearby. He didn't want to drag the Slig with him either.
He sighed, and felt very annoyed. Then he turned to the other Mud.

"Seen Cheddar around?" he asked.

============

09-23-2005, 09:51 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger, well aware that he looked completely ridiculous, scowled irritably. He decided that Muds were stupid and with a crushed biochemical leg and lost Slog, he wasn’t in the mood for idiots right now.

“No, someone did not poke my eyes out. My idiot of a Slog decided he wanted to investigate a yellow flare and led me smack bang into this pit. Granted I shouldn’t have followed the little fleabag but options are kind of limited when you’re wanted for gunning down your own superior.”

He tested the rope and hauled himself out of the pit. Slugger retrieved the Slig field pack and after rummaging around in it he brought out a screwdriver and a mallet. Accompanied by Slig-ish oaths of static and mechanical screeches Slugger proceeded to batter his crumpled leg into shape, very grateful that the metal was pretty durable.

Finally he managed to bang it into workable shape and after rotating it a few times packed up the screwdriver, mallet and cord-winch into the field pack and turned to the Mudokons,

“So,” he said, sarcastically cheerful, “Where are we going?”

09-23-2005, 10:09 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

Berdon leant on his tomahawk.

Berdon: "Well, when I heard the first gunshots last night, I ran out of my cottage and went for the Sligs. They went for the unarmed villagers first." He cast a loathing look on the hollow's wall. "Animals... I smacked a few on the head. Later, they broke formation and ran for the escaping villagers. I ran after these Sligs into the forest, the fight continued on its other side. Then one of them hit me and I was out cold." He stopped for a few seconds, then continued. "I woke up today, saw your signal and came here."

He looked around in the hollow. "Where's Albert?"