Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Right it returns, I find out just in time for Ark to be alone... wow I have the worst timing. Ark was unconscious for the announcement.

IC: Ark's eyes filtered open, as he tried to get up, but at the blood rush through his head, he stopped and just settled into a sitting position.

Ark looking around the room discovered that he was in a cage, and alone. 'Right, so I'm in a cage, not to surprising, and do not have any guards, b- Ugh...', Ark thought as his headache returned now that he was no longer lying down.

As the pain subsided Ark muttered to himself, "The only reason anyone would be here is to keep watch on me, but why would they watch an unconscious prisoner in a cage? So one thing figured out, but why am I in a cage again? ... Oh, yeah... well two questions answered, now onto the next one.'

Ark moved over to the cage door, and tried to open it, not putting the possibility of it not being locked if he was handed over to a slig. But, the lock held; and Ark realised, if he was passed to a slig, they would of killed him, not caged him.

Sitting back in the middle of they cage, which wasn't that hard since it was a relatively small cage for a mudokon, he went started meditating; which he hadn't done for nearly half a year now, but he found it passed time quicker than trying to sleep.

12-13-2008, 06:17 PM
odd prodigy
Chippunk

: Dec 2008
: oddworld duh !
: 27
odd prodigy  (12)

OOC: where can i find the map for W@RP ?

IC murch awoke in the middle of the night with images of his past life in the wild.he remembered his family his father had taught him every thing about caring for himself in the wilderness, his mother had died giving birth.he even knew of medicines and magic thanks to the tribe shaman who was like an uncle to him.he missed them so much a sens of los he could not dismiss. they were dead, gone, forever.murch stood up that night waiting dreaming for escape....

hmmmm...How about the chill pill ?

ignorance is bliss....and bliss is your blight.

12-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

:
OOC: where can i find the map for W@RP ?
It's on the first page of this thread

-----IC-----

While he was checking the newly acquired data from Vikkers Lab, SU-01 HUD started to blink .

"There are interferences in the air" he thoughts."But not ordinary ones...[Scanning]Either it's some highly concentrated Uranium (and if actually was, my Geiger counter should go crazy and half of the people here should be dead/dying) or just some Mudokon meditating... I'll check this out tomorrow if I get to have some off-duty time...This will make a good location training, even if triangulation is quite difficult here due to metal structure reverberating the waves all over the factory."

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 12-14-2008 at 12:51 AM..
12-14-2008, 06:08 AM
odd prodigy
Chippunk

odd prodigy  (12)

murch remember when he tried his shaman skills trying to befriend a scrab.murch touched his scar in rememberence.that didn't go so well he thought.then he remembered that there was a ruined part of the factory thanks to terrorists , thats what they called it, its now home to several paramites and scrabs."one of these days i'll do it." he said aloud and he went back to bed.

12-14-2008, 03:08 PM
mr.abe
Bolamite

: 109 east columbus street
: 61
mr.abe  (25)
Question how?

How do You Play it?
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
odd prodigy
Chippunk

odd prodigy  (12)

:
How do You Play it?
do you mean the RPG ???

12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

IC: Roy looked at #7 Slig as he stopped. He had heard Arnie's announcement but wasn't sure where the R+R room was. He stood beside #7 Slig as he was talking about the Production Lines. "Umm I guess I'll head on up to the R+R room..." He looked around nervously with his hands locked together. "But I...don't know where it is exactly..." Roy surely didn't want to get in the Slig's way or make matters worse but he also hated being alone.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Odd Prodigy, please don't post now your character is in bed; it just makes the thread really messy. We'll start part 9 very soon so hurry up people or I won't wait for you!
The W@RF Map is linked to in the first post (at the bottom of a list of links to the previous sections).
Mr.Abe, read the stickied topics, particularly Information and Advice for RPG Newbies and RPG Rules.

12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

: Oct 2006
: Scotland, Aberdeen
: 1,041
Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

I'll juuust...Try and do a quick post at school then, I'll edit it later in two hours when I get home.

(GROUND FLOOR)
(Kitchen)

The three stooges were still quivering from the anouncement. When it finally got into their green noggins, the mudokon boy picked up the pie in some oven mitts (A bit large, for him, giving his waist-height) and wandered out of the room. The massive big bro dropped the grumbling female, stepping out after him. She had to spring and dodge not to get squished by his huge mechanical four-legged contraption.

BED
[b][center]
A few minutes later of getting lost down halls, grumbling, whining and crying over a stuffed vykker toy and they were there. The massive big bro fell back with an almighty crash and tiny squeal, falling asleep on the hard floor. His joints would pay for that tommorow. Under his chunky arm, the mudokon child clung to him and slept.

Dimitrio, having found his way back there somehow, ignored Scarface sleeping quietly in one of the beds. Good for him, as there was a muscly female slig clinging to his back, crushing the air from his ribcage and snoring right where his earhole was. He let out a shaky whine, almost crying from the lack of sleep he'd get, and struggling to do so.

Dangling off the side of the bed in her arm was the ragged pink vykker doll.

OOC: DAMN YOU SCHOOLBELL.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

Last edited by Zozo the Zrilufet; 12-15-2008 at 12:04 PM..
12-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2007
: Under your bed
: 534
Moosh da Outlaw  (145)Moosh da Outlaw  (145)

Maggie scooped Phats up by his chubby waist and dropped him at Corky's feet. She blinked at him innocently.

"I didn't mean to waste your time." She said. Her eyes were like saucers. "I just wanted to pet him a little." She stroked Phats from head to tail stump with her sausage fingers.

---

Deciding just to screw the job ('temporarily', was her excuse), Skelter found her way to the R&R and flopped down on a bed at random, not bothering to check if it happened to belong to somebody else. For the longest time she just stared at the ceiling, arms crossed smugly.

"It looks like a bomb went off in here." She grumbled to nobody in particular. Then she rolled over, facing the wall, and turned up the music on her headphones.
12-15-2008, 10:51 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

"I...don't know where it is exactly..." said Roy when #7 Slig told him to go to the R+R. "Actually, I can show you the way there, and get to the Lines at the same time. Come on." he said, beckoning Roy to follow him.

After a few seconds, they reached the door leading to the Grinding Area. "Listen.." said #7 Slig "If you enter this door, the stairs on your right will take you to the first floor. There you turn left, go past the Conference Room and the Executive Lifts, until you see a door in the corner in front of you. It's between the toilets and the stairs leading to the second floor. That's the R+R. Can't miss it."

#7 Slig cast a glance at the door of the Production Lines. "I'll be there soon as well, I'll just have a look at the Lines." With that, he left towards the door.

------------------------------------

"...I mean, I can make announcements whenever I like. That Mudokon, Rick could do it as well when the fire stopped, and he's not even close to my position on the ladder here..."

"Still, he did more for the factory's gain in one day than you have ever done."

"What do you mean? I've done a lot of things here."

"Name one of them."

The two Glukkons emerged from the shaft of the Executive Lifts. The platform stopped; Arnie and Otto came outside.

"I helped you out once, when you were locked up in your office! Remember that?" said Otto, after some thinking.

"I was handling factory business there, while you were taking care of worker complaints." retorted Arnie.

"You told me to do it!"

"Do you think you deserve more responsibility around here?"

Otto did not answer. He realized that they are not going anywhere with this. In the meantime, Arnie felt a bit better after venting his anger at his assistant. He vaguely remembered that he was not acting like this before - at least, not withot purpose. But still, he felt good about it.

The Glukkons walked towards the Executive premises in silence.

12-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: I live! I LIVE! Mwahahaha-*crushed by anvil*

Well, crap.

Man, last time I posted was before I left for Australia for a week. That was July. Now it's December and I still haven't posted again yet. Wow, one long week!

Better try to figure out what happened to my characters!

Also, this post is the best post ever.

IC:

As the antics with Ark had ensued, resulting in Dionysia and Silph taking him away to the labs, Ralph watched with interest, staying at a safe distance though.
Still, he would've been easily noticeable but they seemed to be concentrating too much on the job at hand to notice him, so he slowly followed after them to see where they took the captured mud.

Damn it, he thought, as he saw them enter the vykker lab. He was curious about this mudokon and would've liked a chance to try communicating with him, but there was no way he was going in there.

Waiting outside, he attempted to use his enhanced hearing to eavesdrop on what was going on in the labs, but most of what he caught was useless conversations between other people in there. Sounded like they were locking the captive in a cage though.

Then he heard the sound of someone coming (Skelter) through the door, so he quickly hid around a corner to avoid any suspicion - afterall, standing around outside a door wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

He waited until the intern's footsteps were too far away to be heard (though the music from it's headphones was so loud there was no way it would've noticed him without actually seeing him), then he was about to return to the door when he heard the factory's announcement speakers blaring out a message:

Attention! To all personnel and other lifeforms - and robots - of Rupture Farms! You are to return to your R+Rs, bunks or wherever you sleep, and stay there until tomorrow. Nobody is allowed to leave until morning, when there will be a meeting in the Cafeteria. I expect you to be there, unless you want to leave Rupture Farms. I repeat: tomorrow morning, meeting in Cafeteria!

Time to go, he thought, and headed to the R+R. Not really bothering with anyone else who was already there, he headed to the first unused bed he could find, though he did notice the shiny snoozer unit in the corner.
Hmmm, they must be increasing the security here after the shooting here before, he thought. Now I just need to find something to occupy my mind for the night - who would've thought not needing sleep would be a handicap!

<•-•-•-•-•>

After leaving Anni washing her "paint spill" off, Hembar had just been exploring the factory, making sure to avoid detection of course. Not that iw was difficult, there didn't seem to be many people around.

Eventually she too heard the announcement. Perfect, she thought, now I can thoroughly explore this place. She made her way into one of the storage rooms and after finding a suitable hiding place, relaxed there to rest for a bit until everyone was asleep.

OOC: If that's alright, Hembar will just be doing a little bit of exploration in between v8 closing and v9 opening, not in posts of course.

12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

OOC: My feet are sooo cold. D=
IC: Corky watched as Maggie dropped the fat Slog on his chubby yet strong legs. Phats just stuck out his tongue and wagged his short stuby tail while she pet him. Corky eyed her severel times before looking at Phats then back at her. "You didn't...waste my time." His face was turning red again as he spoke.
"I...I liked your...company..." He scratched his right arm with his face still red with embarrassment. Phats just growled at his master. "Don't growl at me!" He spat at his Slog. "I'll always like having you around...sheesh." He looked at the growling mouth full of drool and teeth that was an excuse for a pet. "I'm sorry...miss but he can get a little jealous at times." He looked back at her.
--------------
Roy followed the Slig until they reached a door leading to the Grinding Area. Roy listened carefully as #7 Slig spoke. "Ok I think I got it." He said nodded his head. He took a quick look at the Lines just before heading off to the R+R room. "Thanks and hope to see ya soon!" He said with a smile.
OOC: One down. ^^
Sleep well my Abe babe~

12-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2007
: Under your bed
: 534
Moosh da Outlaw  (145)Moosh da Outlaw  (145)

Attention! To all personnel and other lifeforms - and robots - of Rupture Farms!

Hearing the message over the speakers, Maggie's head snapped up.

"Uhuh? Whuzzat?" She stood up and looked around in a panic. "D-don't get mad at me, ol' disembodied voice from th' beyond! I'm goin', i'm goin!"

Completely ignoring Corky and Phats, Maggie took off down the hall like a bottle rocket.

Out of Coffee: Its nothing personal Oddyouko, I just wanted to hurry up and get Maggie to the R & R. ^^

IC:

Conway, finding his spot in the cafeteria weirdly comfortable, decided to just keep sleeping where he was.
12-22-2008, 09:23 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

#7 Slig came to a halt in front of the door leading to the Lines, and looked inside. By first glance, he couldn't tell if there was a fire there not too long ago. The machinery wa shut down at the time; nothing was moving. As he walked inside, though, he noticed a large burn mark on the conveyor belt, and the air still carried the remains of the smoke.

#7 Slig looked at a sparkling machine nearby. "Wires probably melted." he thought. "RG should be able to fix it tomorrow... Unless Arnie has other plans for us." Sighing, he turned around and walked outside. "Wonder what got into him. I mean, the fire's one thing, surely it's no good news for him..."

He got up to the R+R, lost in his thoughts, which probably tired him real good. He got out of his pants and landed on his bed, ready to fall asleep.

----------------------------------

Arnie and Otto walked inside the Executive R+R; the door closed behind them automatically. Arnie was mainly focusing on his bed, but Otto kept taking glances at him. Arnie noticed this. "What?"

"You sure you're alright?" asked Otto, raising a brow.

"Suuure... Factory almost went barbequish, there's total confusion, and you ask if I'm alright." said Arnie, and continued without waiting for Otto's reply. "No. If that makes you feel better, no. I'm not alright."

"You exaggerate. It was a minor fire, as far as I'm aware."

"Have you been there? Did you see it with your own eyes?" said Arnie, voice raising.

"No, and neither did you." said Otto, jumping into his bed. Arnie snorted and did the same. They were lying in their beds for a while in silence. Then Otto continued. "All I'm saying is that you got a bit different, the way I see it. Not that I'm complaining about the shouting and insulting part, but... Direct it on the workers from now on."

"Oh, so now you're whining about my attitude?" asked Arnie. Otto didn't reply, but turned around, and was snoring after a few minutes.

Arnie's temple was still throbbing nastily. He wondered if he could ever fall asleep.

----------------------------------

OOC: I guess I'm done. All my characters have turned in.

12-22-2008, 09:44 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

OOC: That's ok Moosh da Outlaw. ^^
IC: Corky quickly looked up as Maggie looked around panicing. 'What's her problem?' He thought. Phats barked loudly as Maggie ran down the halls in a flash. Corky was to busy wanting to leave her before that he had not even heard the speakers. Phats barked and quickly ran after her leaving his master behind. "HEY!!" Corky jumped and began to run after the two.
OOC: They'll follow Maggie to the R+R room if it's ok.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

12-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Anni said her goodnights to Slash and headed into the R+R and slipped into an unoccupied bed.

Jim sneaked in a short while later once the coast was clear of sligs and grabbed a bed near the door.

ooc: And that's a wrap for W@RF8. Gonna close and unsticky this now and Dripik will start W@RF 9 in a couple of days, after Christmas.

Happy Christmas everyone and prayers for 2009! Hope you enjoyed this section and also hope we can keep W@RF going on! Thanks to everyone who's helped revive it since September; just how far can OWF's most successful RPG go? There are one or two plans expected for W@RF 9, so things should get exciting.

2009 will see the dawn of W@RF 9! Merry Christmas everyone, and have fun until we meet again!