04-30-2001, 08:22 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
Main Square

Rettick strides into the main square, followed by several mudokons and sligs who have followed him.

"We need to gather everyone here. You and You, go and fetch Magua and the two new people. You and You, go and get the stranger, and You go and get Jal. Jal and the stranger will try and resist you, but force them to come."

Some of the mudokons move off.

"Has anyone seen Dakkan and his army?"

Heads shake.

"Dammit, they could be a problem. Dakkan started this whole thing off."

Int speaks up. "What do you mean?"

"It's not important that you know. Where are Abe, Bil, and Dark Hood?"

"They went off with a Dragon and a strange mud girl, and we haven't seen them since."

"Dammit! We need them! I hope they're okay, and get back soon. Things are going to get nasty."

"What d'you mean?"

"I'll explain when the others get here..."

[OOC: Next Post: "Alf's Rehab and Tea"]

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-30-2001, 08:39 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

ooc: actually Alf isn't with us. But Abe and Bil are. Right now we are lost in the Great Forest somewhere(with about oh 150 muds we rescued from the Sun Children), having to deal with Wolgons. I'm going to try to get us back as soon as possible, but i got a few things i need to have happen first..

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-30-2001, 08:40 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

**Magua and Orisis come into town after getting jobs and other stuff; They also stumple into Rettick.**

Magua: What's going on here, Rettick? You have been in the woods for a while. Tell me, what are you doing back?! What's goin on?!?!

04-30-2001, 08:42 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: read "ARAT", before coming here.]

04-30-2001, 09:15 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: Osiris The Fleech ]

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

05-01-2001, 04:09 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

*Osiris, Pacen, and Magua show up and joins the assembly*

Pacen: What's the plan Rettick?

OOC: Who is Int?
05-01-2001, 04:44 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: Int is a background character. I created him to run the butchers' shop, which was a utility. for now, he's just a random mudokon, effectively.]

05-01-2001, 05:34 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Rettick addresses the crowd. "There are two evils in this place. I have sent people to find them."

Pacen shouts. "You're a fool! They'll never be taken by two muds!"

Rettick isn't expecting a reply, as he's new to the field of public speaking. Fortunately, he is proven right, as the Stranger walks in through the north gate. His white skin has faded to a light grey, and he looks older and more haggard.

"Well? I'm here! Where's my opposite number?"

As if in reply, Jal is pulled, struggling, into the square, by his arm, by two mudokons. A hush descends on the crowd, which parts to let Jal through. Most of the attention, however, is on the Stranger.

"So what's happening?" calls Osiris.

"Have there been any disappearences around here lately?" Rettick asks of the crowd.

Murmurs rise, and the word 'Yes' is heard, along with several names, including 'Alad', and 'Hom'.

"He is the cause of it! He is a pawn of a great power, which feeds off fear to grow. It killed the others to make you all afraid."

Int: "What about the body I saw?"

"That was an illusion. It creates the illusions to cause fear."

Mat: "How do you know all of this?"

Pacen: "He doesn't. He knows some of it, and guesses the rest."

Rettick: "That's not true, I was told in a vision."

Pacen: "By what?"

Rettick: "Well..."

Pacen: "Don't you see? It is using you to create more fear?"

Rettick: "We have to kill it!"

Pacen: "We can't! It's too powerf-"

"ENOUGH!"

The argument ceases, and all eyes move from Pacen and Rettick to the Stranger.

"Do you seriously belive we do this just to create fear? Do you know nothing about us? You, Dark Mudokon, of all people should understand. Do you think we could have done what we did before with fear alone?"

"'We'?"

The Stranger sighs. "I've told you enough times already. Why do you not listen?" He points at Jal. "HE is one of us as well. Or is becoming one. Our quarrel isn't with you, you are just the tools."

Rettick: "Who is your quarrel with, then?"

Jal moves forward. As he does, his stick begins to glow black [OOC: Jal's stick is made of pure black wood, with a pure black stone on the end.] The Glow also returns to the Stranger's skin and eyes.

The Stranger shuts his eyes. "No! Not Yet! The Mustering must occur first! Not enough power..."

Suddenly, he screams, and white light blazes out of his eyes. He snatches at the nearest villager, who screams and vanishes in a flash of white light. As the crowd begins to run away, he grabs another villager, who disappears in the same way.

Seeing the villagers fleeing around him, Jal shouts above the screams. "What's going on?" He grabs at Mat's arm. Mat screams, and looks down at his arm, which smoulders black. Blood begins to flow from Mat's eyes and mouth, and he falls to the ground, vanishing in a flash of Blackness.

Osiris and Int run to help, but Osiris catches sight of Jal's eyes and stops. Jal's eyes have turned pure black. Int carries on, and grabs Jal. His hands begin to smoulder like Mat's arm did, and blood flows from him in the same way. He vansihes.

Osiris joins the others in fleeing, leaving Jal reeling around the square.

"What's happening to me?" He turns his black eyes to his stick. "It's you, isn't it?" He attempts to throw away the stick, but discovers to his horror that there is no division between his arm and the stick, and that the blackness of the stick is spreading up his arm.

He turns his black eyes to the darkening sky and screams, as the last vilagers leave the village of Pyke...

05-01-2001, 09:43 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

**The town is going crazy as Jal and the stranger are changing**

Orisis: .... What do we do Magua? I can't think of a way to help Jal or that other Mud!

Magua: RETTICK! WHAT DO WE DO! I'M SCARED!

Orisis: Let's get out of here...!

Rettick: WAIT....

[OOC: What do we do]

05-02-2001, 08:18 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

[ OOC: This is really cool, I don't want to interfer with the post too much so i won't say anything. Maybe I could use my "dark chant" and do something to stop them? Although the majority of my chanting power is somewhat evil. You probably already have something planned though.
I think I see why you wanted my subspecies to be wiped out, you mean by these guys? Maybe they could have destroyed my race, shortly AFTER I left, in a big battle? Maybe in the next post I could see visions or feel the agony of my race or something?

Just an idea. ]
05-03-2001, 06:24 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: basically, for now the plan is to run away screaming.

that's my idea, Pacen. i'm working on details...]

Osiris, Magua, Pacen, and Rettick stop at the gates to Pyke. The other inhabitants have already fled.

Osiris: "What do we do?"

Pacen: "There's nothing we can do. Hopefully, they'll destroy each other."

They look out across the rooftops. The Black and White glows shine into the sky. Suddenly, the White glow streaks into the sky above their heads, and disappears over the horizon.

Rettick: "Look!"

The Black glow fades away. A few minutes later, Jal staggers from the village, his stick no longer distinguishable from his arm. As he staggers towards them, they part to let him through, but he doesn't stop, he just staggers on, in the direction taken by the White streak. Shrugging, the others follow from a safe distance, leaving the village deserted behind them...

05-03-2001, 08:04 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

ooc: im not sure if my timing is right, if not ill edit this.

*Dragadon searches the perimader of the village, seeing no one. She starts to turn to head back to the others, then she spots something out of the corner of her eye. Flying toward it she sees 4 figures with a fifth some distance ahead. Not sure if they are friend or foe(she doesnt know any of them), she cloaks and flys just above ground level toward them...*

05-04-2001, 12:43 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Woosh. "Did you... hear something." "no". "I could have sworn I heard something." "Oh well".

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

05-04-2001, 01:33 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Osiris turns around at the two mudokons babbling. "It was just the wind blowing through that nightshade, okay? Wait a minute, NIGHTSHADE? Cool!!" Osiris walks over to the nightshade bush, and picks the poisonous berries. "Hey look, now if I rub my thorns for my thorn shooter in these berries, I will get a poison dart gun. Science is fun!"

New weapon: Poison dart gun
Weapon stats:

AP:2
HP:1

Osiris's new stats:

AP:3
HP:2

05-04-2001, 01:55 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

*after watching them awhile, Dragadon decides they are not a threat, so she uncloaks and lands in front of them in her shrunk form and approaches..*

05-04-2001, 02:10 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

Osiris The Fleech  (12)

"Umm.. Osiris?" "I told you, it was the wind blo- GOOD LORD!! A giant monster!"

(Ooc: Like my new sig? It's a three headed monkey from the curse of monkey island, a computer game)

[ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Osiris The Fleech ]

05-04-2001, 02:19 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Dragadon: *sees the small group tense up as she approaches* No need to fear, I am a friend of some of the inhabitents of Pyke. Do you know what happened? We returned from a heck of an adventure to find the village deserted.

05-04-2001, 04:33 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Rettick: "It's a long story. Do I know you? A creature like you came to Pyke just before I left, and i don't think there are many of you around here?"

Dragadon: "I don't remember. Who's the one running on ahead?"

Pacen: "That's Jal."

Dragadon: "Jal? I remember Jal, but that looks nothing like him. It barely looks like a mudokon!"

Osiris: "He's changed a bit."

Dragadon: "Where's he going?"

Pacen: "To battle, I think."

Dradgadon: "Battle? Who against?"

Rettick: "We're not really sure, but I think Pacen knows more than he's telling..."

Pacen sighs. "I've only heard rumours, but someone resembling the guy in white, and another guy in black, turned up in our city just weeks before the war. Tore our city apart. They scattered. It was centuries before I was born, but I've heard the legends."

Magua: [shivering] "That could happen to us..."

They unconsciously decide to hurry after Jal.

[OOC: sorry Pacen.]

[ May 06, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

05-04-2001, 08:00 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Dragadon: i should go get my friends, they may be able to help with this.

Rettick: who are your friends?

Dragadon: Dark Hood, Cili and Abe

Rettick: never heard of Cili (ooc: i am assuming this, correct me if im wrong), but DH and Abe we could use their help.

Dragadon: wasn't expecting you to know Cili, ut ill go get them now. go on ahead, we'll catch up. *takes to the air and flies off*

05-04-2001, 08:32 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: they have met, but i don't think Ret would remember. it was only briefly.]

05-04-2001, 10:02 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

[OOC: Uh, Rettick, my character is only about 18 so how long ago is "a long time ago"? It can't have been very long ago.
05-05-2001, 08:34 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

OOC: 18 years is a long while.

05-06-2001, 04:58 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[OOC: i'm sorry, this was before i found out your character's age. i'll edit it now]