04-25-2001, 08:13 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Apr 2001
: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)
All read this.....

OOC: Hello everyone. Remember the suggestion I made about evening the weapons system? Well, if you weren't here, I tryed to even the Weapon's system so that a tooth-pick doesn't do 1000 Damage because you have a Machine Gun at your side. Well, the member though it was to complacated to add an math formula to do damage this late into the game.

Well, before I state what I say I have to know this because even now, Im still confused on the topic of damage. Here is an example.....

Kid
AP: 30
HP: 30

Kid's weapon has 5AP:5HP...... When kid is in a battle, does kid do 30 damage or 5damage?

Here is my solution to the Power problem. Weapons shoundn't add HP. Training I can see adding both, but that would be GAY! so training should just add HP to ya. so it is

Weapon: AP
Training: HP

The only thing that should add both is unique weapons like wings or an amulet. something that makes you stronger and defenice. What does everyone think. This would solve the problem.

It would solve the Weapon Overpower problem and if weapons only do there base, waisted training problem.

PlZ Reply on subject!

04-25-2001, 08:43 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Im not an expert on this, but heres my take on it:

i do agree that a weapon adding HP is a bit silly, unless it has magic properties that do so. As for AP I think its fine (btw the max dam the kid could do would be 35), but I do see you point, the AP growth needs to be stunted in some way. Since the character's base AP is basically strenth, that would still go up when you train, but perhaps it should be at a lesser amount. (like say only +1 AP point per 2 training sessions). I think it would be too expense (and taxing for those who are not as creative), to have AP to be based purely on what weapon you have, as everyone would have to constently upgrade/buy/find more powerful weapons to get stronger.

uh thats all i can think of at the moment. I'll edit this if I come up with more..

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-25-2001, 10:35 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

So I got an yes here. That's cool, so lets here some more responces and let magority rule. We all know that this is a democracy. But If it was added AP and HP would sour so high, expacily AP! Which to me is a good thing.

04-25-2001, 10:44 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Weapons, in my opinion, should not bring up Hp unless they have special properties like if you buy a shield, it would be used for defence.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-25-2001, 11:55 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

So, we got 3 yeses... that was enough for you people to say no to me. So does that mean I WIN for once! Man, I guess my ideas get better. So, let's all edit are bitlocker. I'll do it now... I suggest we all do it, it will make the game better.

04-26-2001, 01:12 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Well I don't know an aweful lot about the weapon system but I think Training, not weapons, should add HP. I think weapons should have a set AP & HP which add to your characters stats and the only way of improving your character stats, not your weapon, is by training. Of course some weapons will have better AP than others but the AP of each weapon should not change.

I'm not sure if this is Dakkan's idea or if it's the current system, it's just how I think it should work.

Also, what AP/HP do new characters (ie - me) start with?
04-26-2001, 08:57 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

It all depends, since you started last, you can add a little AP/HP to yourself. Or you can start 1/1 and 1000 moola. But, you can have like 6/6 and start with like 1000 or something. I really think you should add as much you think you need, 6/6 is good for now.

04-27-2001, 04:41 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Well Dakkan you were wrong, I talked to Grid and he said it MUST be 1/1. So I've changed it back.
04-27-2001, 04:35 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i suggested something like this at the start, but i was overruled by grid and the others. my suggestion was that you should be able to buy weapons upgrades to increase AP, and sheild upgrades to increase HP.

which is more or less what you've suggested, dakkan, so that's a

YES.

BTW, i just noticed that i am the only founding member of the RPG who posts on the new forums. i have seniority! but i won't use it, because as you said this is a democracy. besides, i never liked power.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-27-2001, 06:26 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

YES! I even have retick on my side! Wow, an idea of mine that people like. This is my lucky day. Well is this a Yes? If so, then everyone update bitlocker A.S.A.P!

04-27-2001, 08:42 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

WAIT!

we really need to finalise this and sort out details. i recommend that we have a weapons shop that performs upgrades in AP in the same way that the traing centre currently does both. i.e. 500m for 1AP, for example.

we should also have a sheilding upgrades centre of some kind, for increase in HP.

we should keep the Pet Shop, but introduce a system of each food item increases pet's AP/HP by 1.

we should also have several 'extras' shops. e.g. one spiritual improvements centre and a technological improvements centre of some sort.

to sum up:
Weapons Shop
Armoury
Pet Shop
Temple
Workshop

These shops could either be run as Utilities or shared out among Participating Players. The Weapons Shop is already taken [by Grid, if he decides to start posting again].

ANyway, what would we update, are we starting again?

04-28-2001, 04:28 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

yes we do, right now Cili's base stats are only 1/1 (she hasnt gotten a chance to train yet) and has a staff with the stats 8/10 (its a Moon Child only staff, thats why the stats are so high)

Im still learning the stats and battle bits (that is why I haven't had Cili actually fight anything yet)hmm Im rambling nonsense, sorry.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Darksider
Bolamite

: Minnesota(somewhere)
: 67
Darksider  (11)

here is my take on this. We need to make the growth a little limited, so hows about this, cause i had no idea what dakkan was talking about, i dont speak gibberish(no offense, that is what it looked like to me).

Weapons add AP. If you attack a slig with a machine gun, you do 2 damage, because that is the AP of the weapon. Training adds HP. for each training session you get 1 HP added. So, if kyou are attacked by a slig, and you have 20 HP, you lose, say, 2 HP(he has a machine gun!). that is simple and easy. but your system would be okay, if you could just explain it so i could understand.

THIS IS NOT A YES OR A NO! I HAVE NO OPINION YET, I AM JUST MAKING A SUGGESSTION TO IMPROVE THE IDEA!

04-28-2001, 05:54 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

darksider, that IS the system we're suggesting! that is how it works. i'm just saying that we need to reorganise the shops if this is to work

04-28-2001, 07:04 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

I like the way rettick is going with this, it opens up new shop ideas and such. So I say, everyone agrees.

Weapon adds AP
Training adds HP
Speical Items- May add AP/HP or Both depending on the item.

We will smooth out details over time.

04-28-2001, 07:37 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

i think the weapon upgrades shop and the training centre should be run as utilities. e.g. 500m per ap/hp point. other shops can be shared out among players.

i call spiritual training centre! but not yet, i'll set it up later.

04-29-2001, 08:13 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

OOC: Magua is now my normal charcter for the moment, but Dakkan will be back! he is going to start a awesome store....