05-02-2001, 08:17 AM
Grid
Stingbee

: Apr 2001
: Goulburn, NSW, Australia
: 86
Grid  (23)
AP and HP System Review: Read ASAP

Okay, I've noticed a lot of people are going off the rails with the Weapon, HP and AP system. And it doesn't help having Dakkan warping rules and telling people lies about the system and how it works. So I will explain it again.

RAW STATS

This is your stats when you have nothing equipped. Everyone's raw stats are 1 HP and 1 AP. Raw stats are raised only by training. Each time you train they raise by one. It costs 5000 m to train. If this proves to easy a goal to reach, I'll extend it. Please say so if you believe this should be done.

WEAPONS, ARMOUR etc.

When you equip an item, whether it be Weapon or Armour, or any other item that is being sold, it raises your AP and HP. For example, your raw stats are HP 1 and AP 1. You equip a weapon with HP 3 and AP 4 Your stats are then HP 4 and AP 5.

There are lots more things I need to cover rules wise, so I'll do them tomorrow.
If anyone has questions or suggestions either post about it, contact me via MSN or email me at sexylil_johnny@hotmail.com.
05-02-2001, 08:25 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Thanks Grid.
Dakkan, I don't see how this is difficult to understand, it seems logical, this is how I wanted it to work before I knew how it DID work. The only way I see that it could get complicating is if you or anyone else starts spreading rumours about changing the system, please don't do that any more. It's very confusing, especially for new RPGers such as myself.
05-02-2001, 08:45 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

GRID, we voted for weapons not to add both HP/AP. I think it is dumb, yet your the boss so your ruling stands. I just think it sucks weapons can add both AP and HP.

[ May 02, 2001: Message edited by: Dakkan Blackblade ]

05-03-2001, 05:39 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I think weapons adding HP is probably right. I know if I had a weapon in a real life battle, I would use it to block attacks and help defend myself, this is basically the same as adding HP because the attack wouldn't do as much damage.

When you look at it like that, the concept is quite reasonable.
05-03-2001, 09:54 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

it costs THAT much to train? I thought it was only 750m...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

05-03-2001, 06:38 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

apparently things have changed...

good to have you back, grid!

i think we can justify the weapons HP thing by saying that all weapons come with free armour. yeah?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-03-2001, 06:57 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

btw, actually dakkan didn't just make the changes up out of the blue, we all voted on it, and no-one voted against. it kinda makes sense that weapons add AP and armour adds HP. after all, you're not gonna use a rifle to block bullets.

to be honest, i've lost faith in Stats. why don't we run this as a good old RP... no frills. get our creative juices going!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-03-2001, 10:07 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

I think 5000 is a GREAT IDEA! This is okay, even if weapons add health, thank you grid for making it harder!

05-03-2001, 10:09 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

So wait? Do we still keep the stats we bought at 750?! I think we should all start over with 5/5 Raw plus weapons. Grid do you think thats cool, because we bought stats madd cheap in old forums.