05-13-2004, 01:17 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)
New Pictures

The title of the last topic makes me grumpy. Especially as I can't change it. So here we have a new one. Yay.

This is a "Maltese Blue" tiger - well, supposed to be, no-one knows if they ACTUALLY exist, so... *shrug* Took... nine hours? Well, thereabouts, anyway. Off and on (it's best to NEVER do an entire picture in one sitting, so far as I'm concerned - you need to give your eyes a rest. Of course, when you go back to it, horrible glaring errors will jump out at you...)

05-17-2004, 05:37 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Awwch! Ah canna see et! I can only dream about the spectacular art I must be missing. An' it's all 'cause o' my stupid, lousy computer. Meh!

05-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Ah, crap. I knew there was somewhere I'd forgotten to update. It's not your computer, it's me being a dunce. I was attempting to get a better scan and deleted the old version, then forgot to update this when I reuploaded it. To save time, I think I'll just attach it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regal-tigress.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	115.1 
ID:	1887  

05-23-2004, 01:37 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

To coin a phrase... Here we have an "Art dump".

No, you don't get a biscuit if you can remember what the creature on the top row is. (Well, imagine it without the hair. That's called "artistic licence". )

I thought I'd post this one as it was silly.
~ Not EVERYONE loves DuSkai...

And because I'm pleased with how they turned out, some leetle species pictures (the top one I like especially - that was how DuSkai were supposed to look at the start. Since they turned out so cute, the species mindset has gone all cute too. Gr.)
Dauntless universe inhabitants
Mind you, I think my like of Oddworld has been reflected in the fact I seem to have a million cephalopod species.

You'll have to excuse the atrocity of the scan of this last one. It makes me sad. *sad* You'd never believe it from this, but the REAL image is covered in pale blue shading - some days, I just want to throw my scanner. And it was such a pain in the arse to draw, too - all those plates and joints and interlocking bits...
Ivy, as a dragon
As a sidnote, the "wings" are a complex hybrid of forcefield, antitractor and holographic projection; she can turn them on or off at will. And she's tiny - three foot long at most when she has her neck stretched out. Yay for itty bitty creatures. *glee*

As a sidenote... why do half the nifty little gifs have "haloes"? Has someone just forgotten to fix them?

05-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

: Oct 2002
: The nearest DDR machine
: 927
Adder  (11)

I see what you mean about Ivy, there does seem to be a lot missing.

The new look Xniki is great, it seems to have more emotion (although maybe that's cause it looks more human). Glad to see Slate is still having social problems ^.^
06-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

<------------- is VERY impressed!!!!!!

I love your Ivy Dragon, she's beautiful!!!!
06-03-2004, 04:44 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Ooh, cool stuff. Very cool stuff. Colorful, with a bit of surreality, while still retaining ties to the original animals, from which these ethereal creatures have been derived. Fruity, yet smooth. Light, yet poignant. Big, yet small. I shall have to try it with fish. *TheRaisin laughs his butt off* But seriously, it's cool. Ahem.

06-24-2004, 10:13 AM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)
Argh, weird new OWF interface! *liked old one better*

Draconic-Ivy rocks my socks! She's so pretty, even as a mangled scan.

Slate being mauled by DuSkai is lovely; I like the cartoon style. And the feet; I like clawy doggy-feet for some reason.

Last edited by One, Two, Middlesboogie; 06-24-2004 at 10:13 AM.. : spelling
06-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

I'm sure Slate would be forced to disagree with you, there...

I wonder why it is that pictures posted from my MSN community are all brookened?

And what's with the perpetual flicking between the happy-nice brown skin and the grungy slow-loading industrial one? Seems to be doing it at random, here...

Edit: Ah, I get it. Never mind.

Last edited by Teal; 06-25-2004 at 01:23 AM..
08-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

I wonder why I never have anything fandomly worth uploading these days, since I still work on it... ahwell. Some arts.

At last! Finally I get a scanner capable of coping with pale (well, paleish) pencil. And here is a better scan of little Ivers as a bug. Yay.

Well, a link to it anyway. Hurrah.

This next one is just because. Can you guess what my current absolute favourite subject in the whole world is yet?
The anatomy isn't too bad either! (And you have no concept of HOW DARN LONG it took me to get him to look halfway decently human.)

Yay arts. Yay Sonny. *love*

Last edited by Teal; 08-26-2004 at 10:03 AM.. : Kompleat inubilitie tew speel propperlie.
01-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Whee. Foxies.

This is intended to go onto a tee-shirt, if I ever get so far as to organise it. *tonguepoke*

Edit: Ding.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	maniac.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	91.8 
ID:	2742  

Last edited by Teal; 01-23-2005 at 11:08 AM..
01-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

The new foxies look great. As for the T-Shirt idea... I'd buy one, as soon as I get a credit card and more disposable income.
01-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Billy Cripner
Bolamite

: Jan 2005
: heck
: 70
Billy Cripner  (10)

Love the Foxes, can't see much other pictures though for some reason.
Let me guess, Mr.Teal, you've seen "I Robot"? good movie.

01-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

:
Love the Foxes, can't see much other pictures though for some reason.
- probably M$N Communities - they used to allow hotlinking of images, and you still can on some forums, but they don't work on here for some reason.

:
Let me guess, Mr.Teal, you've seen "I Robot"? good movie.
Ms. But yes, I have. Several times. (well, three)

01-28-2005, 02:08 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: Nov 2004
: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

I love those foxes,Teal. That psycho-looking one is kind of funny! And I agree with Billy Cripner-I, Robot is a great movie!

01-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

That foxies picture is great! I'd buy the t-shirt, for the pure fun of having a shirt I can laugh at. I wear so much serious stuff these days, it'd be a welcome change

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

02-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

"Valkyrie in Blue"

...just realised there's still a dirty smudge down one side. Curses! Ohwell.

Based off a photograph a friend showed me, when we were discussing swordfighting and whatnot. Yay.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	valkyrie.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	22.2 
ID:	2773  

02-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Alpha

: Aug 2004
: Ireland,Land of the Leprachaun
: 799
Alpha  (10)

I'm gonna say this loud an clear MORE MORE MORE
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

This picture is SO BADLY IRRITATING ALL HELL OUT OF ME. Sorry. :P

It's taking forever. *cries* And my scanner ate the lovely blue on the wings. *cries* Ohwell. No, it's not finished, but I'll probably slaughter it when I try finish the background, so this is "precautions".

Nobody gets a cookie for identifying the fox and bird the two creatures are based off. You may get a "congrats". Betcha can't, anyway. :P

"I shall call down a demon on you..."

And this one's just silly. "Angelfox" and the start of a logo ("World of Foxes" - associated with the "Spot the Maniac" further up the page)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	demon_working.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	85.8 
ID:	2796  

Last edited by Teal; 02-10-2005 at 02:24 PM..
02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

Those are all great, Teal! and where is the smudge on Valkyrie? I can't really see it. Maybe I'm just blind!

02-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

:
Those are all great, Teal! and where is the smudge on Valkyrie? I can't really see it. Maybe I'm just blind!
It was down the side - I realise you can't see it against the dark background, which is good for my karma. Yay!

02-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

n.n that Fox Angel thing is so cute!

Teal your drawnings kick arse!
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
smerles
Stingbee

: Feb 2005
: Germany (and Oddworld)
: 98
smerles  (10)

Whoa, another one who makes such good images. Really good work, I like the picture with the fox and the phoenix-thingy

02-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

It looks like a Snake-charmer... or bear-tamer... or some folk-lore thing I can't identify.

Still, exept for the bluryness due to scanner damage, it looks good!
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Because I can. Muahaha.

Working sketch of something bigger. Since I probably won't finish it... here is the "so far" stage. Yay!

The shorter one is based off a cuttlefish, and I think she's cute. The taller one is just one of my generic pompous prudish birdy aliens - her feathers are supposed to be inspired by some sort of cockatiel (I can never spell that right). Yes, both are female; no, neither have breasts, as neither are mammals and neither are lactating. I'm just trying to be a counterbalance for Matt's overly-huge-breasted creations.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vector_tribe.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	20.5 
ID:	3224  

05-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

these are really gooooood pics! I mean it... i like all of em! keep up the good work!

05-26-2005, 03:34 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

odd chick  (10)

Ooh, I love that drawing, Teal! The people sort of remind me of the Rito people in the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

07-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Odd Chick: Did I hear someone say...
Zelda...? *twitch* *twitch*

Muahaha, new art.

Global Domination, here I come...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	domination-mini2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	70.8 
ID:	3462  

07-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Adder
Grubb Fisherman

Adder  (11)

Evil, sneeky looking fox crouched over the world?
Brilliant!
09-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

Teal  (10)

Ammut. Yay for the "big boned". It's the pencil version of a picture I'm working on for an art portfolio I'm contributing to. All those verbs. *buh*

Anyway. Rar. I wanted to give her the impression she'd happily tear you limb from limb... if only she could be bothered to get up and chase you. Lots of Egyptian symbolism in here.

Eh, Photobucket shrunk my pic. *sobs* There's a better one on devFART.