Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)
Work at Rupture Farms (v.9)

...Who would have thought back then that this thing will last this long... Ahem.

So, the 9th part of W@RF is here, with a reasonably shorter break compared to the previous one. By some wonderous reason, the last thread did not die, despite how things have looked for a few weeks. Or months... Anyway, here's the usual guideline for newcomers who want to join the fun.

--------------------------------------------

What is W@RF?

W@RF stands for the RPG Work at Rupture Farms. The 1st version was started on the 10th October 2002, and it has been going since.

What about the background and the story?

The old Rupture Farms was reopened by a Glukkon named Arnie, and employed everyone who wanted to work in the factory. Gaining profit was always the main goal, but life is not just about working... well, at least when you're sleeping in R+R. Arnie has decided to treat his mudokons nicely, hoping this wil keep the terrorists away.

For further info, see the previous threads (no, really - there ARE people among us who read them more than once).

How can I join?

Write a profile in the following form:

Name: (Do I need to explain?)
Race: (Mudokon, Slig, Vykker or any known race of Oddworld)
Appearance: (How does your character look like?)
Personality: (What's your character's usual behaviour? etc.)
Equipment: (What does your character usually carry?)
History: (Your character's background)

When you're ready, post the profile in the W@RF Profile Thread. Those who are new to RPing should start with one character, until they get the hang of role playing.
It is important that you make a reasonable entry with your character. It can't just pop out of nowhere. The most usual entry is done by FeeCo Trains (there's a station in the factory).

What do I need to do after I join?

Well, it's basically up to you, but it's important to interact with other characters as much as possible. As a start, I would recommend newcomer characters to look after the boss, Arnie, or his assistant, Otto to introduce themselves. They will give them the basic directions.
Oh, and reading a bit of the backstory can help a lot too. Really.

--------------------------------------------

Also, reading the first post of v.8 should help if you have further questions. You might find some useful bits there. Splat might add a few things later on concerning the rules.

We shall continue from where v.8 ended - everyone returned to R+R to sleep, and a meeting is about to be held. Who knows what Arnie, the boss might have in mind?...

W@RF-related links
RPG Rules - The Way To Success And Ban-Free Life
WARF Profile Thread V.2 - Post your characters profiles here - also a good place to check if you want to know who you just encountered while roleplaying
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
RPG Cc Fan Art v.2 - Some old W@RF-related artwork
The WARF Map (most recent version)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warfmap.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	265.7 
ID:	10027   Click image for larger version

Name:	rupture farms map.PNG
Views:	720
Size:	56.1 
ID:	10834  

Last edited by Splat; 10-14-2009 at 10:10 AM..
01-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

OOC :

Yeah ! New version ! Good to see W@RF back on tracks. Just a little question. Do we, players from the previous version, have to repost our character profile here ? Can't wait to see what Arnie has in mind ^^
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC:
:
Do we, players from the previous version, have to repost our character profile here?
Nope. Neither here nor at the Profile Thread. Only new people need to post it at the latter one, and ONLY there. So, absolutely no profile posting in this thread.

01-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr meandered off the train and looked up at the big industrial fortress. Gewehr had seen on the news that the terrorist Mudokon Abe had destroyed part of the facility and killed the entire work force there. Were the new bosses here afraid the terrorist might return?
Meh who knows.
The northern Slig lumbered into Rupture Farms wondering where he was suppose to go in order to apply.
01-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Actually Dripik, new profiles should be posted in the Profile Thread, and in this thread.

Story starts the morning following last night

I just want to make a quick note at this point.
If people start getting out of bed they'll take a post to wake up, another post, to gather their thoughts, another to get out of bed, another to talk to people, another to leave the room, another to talk to people outside, another to walk to the stairs and so on and so on and we'll be on page 9 before anyone has breakfast.

This really isn't necessary; it isn't a great trial to get out of bed and all that, and seriously people can be in the cafeteria having breakfast in their second post. We won't ban you if you fail to tell us which eye your character opens first when he/she wakes up; it's enough to know they woke up, got out of bed, woke thier friends and went downstairs with them. This is one of the big differences between the good ole' days where lots and lots of exciting stuff happened, and now, where we can't even reach lunchtime before we have to start the next thread.

To give everyone time to get their heads around this advice, I suggest we start with all of Rupture Farm's employees assembled in the Cafeteria, after breakfast, for Arnie's meeting. If Dripik does not object then he can make the first post in the meeting.

Dripik, start us off IC in your next post, either in the R+R for waking up or the Cafeteria for the meeting.

Oh, and good to see you again, Venks

Last edited by Splat; 01-05-2009 at 07:36 AM..
01-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Holland
: 242
Fil The Slig  (-66)

I'm posting.

01-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

I posted.

01-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Zomb stared at Gewher.
"Do you want to apply?" he said.

01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

We are waiting for Dripik to post the first "in character message"...So don't start before everyone please

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 01-10-2009 at 02:36 PM..
01-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

First off, Fil, the 'W@RF Profile Thread' is only for posting the profiles of characters that you will be using in W@RF. If you decide to join any other RPGs, do not post their profiles in the 'W@RF Profile Thread', post them only in the thread of the RPG that they will be appearing in.

secondly, double posting, let alone triple posting, is against the forum rules, and doing it a lot can lead to you getting an infraction (which is the first step towards getting banned). Instead, you can use the little 'Edit' button in the bottom right corner of the post window.

Thirdly, you're supposed to backread the RPG you want to join. IT's pretty easy right now because there are only five posts before yours. If you had done that, you would know that this RPG hasn't started yet, as we're waiting for the thread creator to make the first post.

Forthly, your character cannot just appear in the factory; he has to enter somehow. Most people arrive by train and walk in from the trainstation. Bear this in mind for when the RPG starts.

I know you've told me you have RPG experience, but right now I'm only seeing you do badly at it. I recommend you read this thread while we're waiting for Dripik. Also, please read the RPG rules as well, in case they're different from other rules you may have RPGed to.

As for Dripik, I've talked to him a couple of times on MSN and he's very busy with university work, but he'll post as soon as he has time. I will dutifully bother him until he does

01-11-2009, 03:52 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC:
:
I'm posting.

What Splat said.

Let's start, shall we?

-------------------------------------------

IC:

"Any reason why you dragged us here this early?"

"Early? I think you should start complaining after this meeting - if really necessary."

"Why? What do you mean?"

Arnie remained quiet, but stood in the middle of the Cafeteria. Otto looked at him, but received no answer. He was getting tired of this - it seemed that the Boss took up the habit of keeping people in the dark, forging his master plans alone and keeping everyone out from the planning.

Arnie was watching the door of the Cafeteria, waiting for people to arrive. He made a warning announcement earlier, so everyone should have been awake by then - they were probably on their way to the meeting. He was thinking hard through the night, and had a troubled sleep, hence he was not recharged - and the throb in his temple did not cease.

RG was standing near the Glukkons. His batteries have been fully charged during the night, and he was scanning the Cafeteria with maximum efficiency.

-------------------------------------------

OOC: I did not start the meeting yet, because I want to see who's still RPing here. If you're still around, make your characters enter the Cafeteria, and I'll know.

01-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

IC:
Arthur trudged into the Cafeteria, for once feeling fairly active. He was followed by Dek, who by cotnrast seemed tired, having not had a decent sleep at all. Quick greetings passed between them.
"Hi there Dek."
"Hello Arthur."
Dek took yet another Chill Pill, and sighed sadly as he saw he had emptied the packet.

They both walked over to Arnie. Arthur mumbled a hello while Dek nodded politely, and they waited for others to arrive.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

01-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Splat

Dionysia sauntered in and leant against the wall by the door. Anni slipped in quietly, glanced at the dark skin and then spotted Dek, glowered and took a seat as far from the vykkers as physically possible.

Jim, dreading the thought of all of Rupture Farms' sligs gathered together in one place, had decided to risk not going to the meeting and instead has sneaked away from the R+R and hidden himself in the production lines.
Krik, meanwhile, was not an employee of the factory and had no intention of going to the meeting at all. He had risen before Dek and was currently to be found in the security office making a fone call to have a train come and pick him up in an hour. In the meantime he wanted to take advantage of the meeting to take a poke around the lab.

ooc: So yeah people, move your chracters into the cafeteria in your first posts. And please remember my advice about speeding things up this thread. It might just save the RPG.

01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

IC :

After spending the whole night guarding the R+R and consulting various downloaded data, SU-01 heard the announcement and went to the Cafeteria.
There was some people here already and SU-01 tried to make his arrival as quiet as possible, even if it was a bit hard for a 3 meters heavy armored snoozer. He set himself in a corner to not disturb anyone and to have an overall view of the meeting, waiting for instructions.
01-11-2009, 09:26 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

IC: Still yawning and rubbing his eyes Roy slowly walked into the Cafeteria. He looked around at the others that had just arrived aswell. He noticed others that were by Arnie so he shruged and walk over by him aswell. He said hello to them while rubbing the sleepy outta his eyes once more.
-------
Shortly after Corky and Phats who was right by his side walked in to Cafeteria. Now with a pair of pants on Corky looked around to see who was all here and yawned. Phats stayed close to his tired master. He walked over and stood against a wall closest to everyone by Arnie with his arms folded. Phats followed and sat down beside him sniffing and drooling.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

Last edited by OddYouko; 01-11-2009 at 10:23 AM..
01-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

(Ok,Splat!I will Try)
A Train Arrived.
An Vykker Stapped out.

01-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: Slash yawned and stretched as he looked around. He readjusted his mask being sucked to his face overnight before slipping into his heli-pants. He vacated to the cafteria at a low whirr, before lowering into a seat.

---

Sylph groaned irritably at the disturbance of the others awakening. Sure that information of the meeting would get to him otherwise, he opted to lie in longer and pulled the covers over himself, slipping back into a coma.
01-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Ralph entered the cafeteria and glanced around. He too, noticed the vykker Dek and like Anni, he chose to sit as far away as possible.

<•-•-•-•-•>

Hembar had spent most of the night scouting around the building, with due caution of course, as she wasn't sure of any automated security the factory might have.

Now, however, she was staking out the labs. She had discovered a mudokon was being held captive there, but she had been unwilling to risk anything while the vykkers were sleeping in there. But at present, both the vykkers appeared to have left, so taking this opportunity she opened the door and entered the lab, closing the door again to make it less obvious there was an intruder if a vykker returned.

She entered the room with the cages and quickly spotted the cage the mudokon (Ark) was being held in.

"Hey!" she whispered sharply, not sure whether he was aware of her entering yet.

01-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Zomb stapped into the Fabric.
"Good place!" he said.

01-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2007
: Under your bed
: 534
Moosh da Outlaw  (145)Moosh da Outlaw  (145)

Conway sat in the cafeteria, his elbows against a table as he boredly sipped from a cup of coffee. His eyes flicked back and forth as though searching for something. More specifically, some one. Idly he wondered where Maggie and Skelter had wondered off to. Shrugging, Conway returned to being a loner and just concentrated on finishing his coffee.

---

Maggie skipped ungracefully to the cafeteria, pushed aside anybody who happened to be standing close, and looked around wide-eyed to see what was going on.

Out of Coffee:
I'll just say that Skelter's still asleep. [/lazy]
01-12-2009, 05:49 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Zomb entered the Cafeteria.
"Anybody Knows Where da Boss iz?" said Zomb.

01-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

SU-01 headed towards Zomb, his eyes turned yellow and he said : "There is a meeting here. You're not allowed to interf...You're a new employee ? Listen. A meeting is about to start and the Glukkon in charge is going to make some important announcement. Just take a seat and be quiet until the meeting is over. You can talk to the boss after that." That being said, he switched back his eyes to green and returned to his place in a corner.
01-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Zomb chosed a Seat,and jumped fast into it.

01-14-2009, 02:20 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

IC: Ark felt every life in the universe teeming around, all of their collective energy inches away from his mental grasp, every action causing a string to tie actions and objects together. Ark knew that in this place if he could only affect the strings the, reality would bend to his will.

A piercing, “HEY”, screamed across his mind all of a sudden, and every sting that existed at that moment started wrapping around him, with such force they were like blade cutting his mind instantaneously; forcing him back to physical reality.

Ark’s eyes flared open, and in panic he tried jumping up, causing his head to collide with the cage. ‘Now I remember why I don’t meditate anymore’, he thought as he Recoiled back to the floor in pain. He then raised his head enough to see a figure standing there.

“Yeah, what do you want?” he replied, in a low voice, his mind still a little fuzzy from the physical and mental pain.

01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Right. I made my two characters, I get what Rupture Farms here is about, but now I'm confused. Do ALL characters have to start their posts in the cafeteria, or will Skullik and Lexi still have to come in by train or other forms of transport?
01-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Splat

ooc: They have to arrive by train or whatever still. THey can come to the cafeteria then if they want, and then join the meeting.

01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr(guh-vayr') meandered around the factory wondering where he was suppose to go in order to apply for a job. The northern Slig noticed all sorts of inhabitants heading toward a common destination and decided to follow them. Not knowing any of them he kept to himself as he entered the cafeteria. Gewehr noticed a Snoozer directing others to take seats so he decided to do himself. As he sat down his tight around his blunderbuss tightened. The northern Slig couldn't help, but to feel a little nervous.
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

While he was waiting for the meeting to begin, SU-01 noticed that the room was already half-full.

"Most of the employees are here...The meeting should start in a few minutes" he thought. "I hope the speech is not too long...The faster I can tell the boss why I'm here the better it would be...for him. Anyway, I should keep my "eyes" open and get ready in case of incident". He quietly loaded hypodermic ammunition in his two guns, and started scanning the room, searching for something/someone suspect, trying not to make too much noise.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 01-15-2009 at 11:40 AM..
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

The long metallic body of a serpentine train speeded towards its targeted destination. The massive meat-processing plant, Rupture Farms. Largest known factory of its own kind on all of Oddworld. The train spewed sparks and let out a metallic screech as it made an abrupt stop right in the drop-off of the factory. The train stood still, just as dead as the dark machinery surrounding itself. *Thud* the train shook. *Thud Thud* It shook again. A couple more thuds, and the train seemed to contain a whole party! It rattled and clanked, eventually almost tipped over. Someone BIG was coming. *Thud* Finally, a powerful being emerged from the train's bowells. A reptillian behemoth. Skullik had arrived.

--------------------------------

Name: Skullik
Species: Outlaw
Appearance: Resembling the rather large "Boss Characters" in Stranger's Wrath, Skullik is roughly 7-ft tall with a huanched back. He has two bull horns on the sides of his head, a large mouth, and two massive arms when compared to his smaller legs. Skullik has a visor running across his red eyes, eyes red enough to be seen through the visors. wears black torn up shorts and has metallic shoulder pads, eternally attatched to his body ever since football practice ..... Don't ask .....
Equipment: Clothing and Visor ^ read appearance
Personality: Many of the small inhabitants of Oddworld would look up in either fear or just plain creeped-out disgust when they look at this snarling beast's face. Skullik is surely enough to most vile horrendous bully for Odd's sake! heheh. Well those fools are wrong. Skullik has no lookout for trouble-making violence, Skullik is rather peaceful and wouldn't wish to hurt even the smallest animal. In fact, Skullik is actually shy, doesn't speak much. Despite this however, Skullik WAS known to stuff his fists into individuals' faces whenever too much trouble aroused .....
Bio: Skullik was first born into a pack of Outlaws within Western Mudos. With destined luck, Skullik was actually the son of his Pack's Alphamale and female. This, along with his abnormal size, automatically moves him up in the ladder of castes, built with pack mentality. Skullik appreciated an Outlaw's life to its fullest. Stealing, Cheating, Lieing, Loitering, Hiding the remote, that kind of sick crap. However, one faithful day, Skullik opened his eyes to the misery he caused others. Caught by the authorities, Skullik was placed on many trials. Many people that he brought pain onto, turned the tables on him in court. Skullik realized the gift of perspective, but was destined for prison ......
Skullik was in his late teens. Let outta the big house, the Outlaw soon realized that his parents and pack were all murdered by drunken scrab wranglers, individuals that were set on revenge. The lone Outlaw felt major sadness, emotions raining down from his very eyes. This made him realize, a life of crime is no way to live. He had to change ...... It all starts ...... with a job ......
----------------------------------

The newcomer was a large Outlaw. Sweat ran over the yellow-green scaly surface of his body and a bad smell aroused from his toothy mouth. Skullik slowly tromped into the giant industry, his massive weight harshly forced down his clawed feet, causing a low thud with each step. His arms were huge sprouted beams and his legs were small in comparison. It practically looked like a comedic mutation. Skullik picked out a Sea Rex burger and munched on it all in one bite, the foul snack was originally skewered through by his big bull horns. Skullik took a pause. His eerie red eyes, glowing straight through his solid metal visor, peered down at a crumb of burger in his hand. He clicked his tongue, and at that noise, Lexi the pet Paramite plopped out of his pack. She barked for the Sea Rex flesh, Skullik gently placed it down right infront of her. The Paramite chowed down as if she hadn't eaten for a long while.

-----------------------------------

Name: Lexi
Species: Paramite
Age: I'm not sure how to work out animal years ..... adolescent?
Appearance: Roughly smaller than Paramites, but she has a rounder body. Not fat or plump, just lightly rounded.
Equipment: ..... Paramite items?
Personality: Lexi is completley loyal to her master, Skullik. She hardly ever leaves his side and shows much attachment.
Bio: Right after being released from the big house, Skullik managed to save Lexi from being slaughtered by a Pie Bussiness. Things went rough from the start, being a wild animal, Lexi was careful while around Skullik. Now however, she loves him.
---------------------------------

Skullik clicked his tongue again, with that, Lexi disappeared back into his pack. The Outlaw wished to have ANY type of job here, but he knew the risking of his pet's life. Skullik tromped forward, aimlessly searching for the guys in charge here .....

Last edited by Chronicler; 01-15-2009 at 08:00 PM..
01-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

“Yeah, what do you want?” the odd coloured mudokon replied., after banging his head on the roof of his small enclosure.

Hembar chuckled a little, "I think you might need to practice that a bit!"
Her tone became more serious, "but relax, I'm here to help. First off, though, why have they put you in there?"