Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

Old 08-30-2021, 12:35 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
No one wants to take it down, but no-one is motivated enough to keep it running. The forums are running on an ancient version of vBulletin, which utilises a very old version of PHP, and at a certain point our servers are going to stop supporting it. And the task to update vBulletin will take a long time and a lot of effort and no-one can be all that much bothered for a place that gets no traffic.
I appreciate the irony that it gets no traffic because of the website problems which in order to be fixed would require traffic to be here.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:19 AM
Rabid Fuzzle

Jango heeds the wisdom of the storystones (177)Jango heeds the wisdom of the storystones (177)
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
If you want more OWF in your life, you may want to join our Discord server, which is alive and kicking
Thank you Varrok! I have joined now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
No one wants to take it down, but no-one is motivated enough to keep it running. The forums are running on an ancient version of vBulletin, which utilises a very old version of PHP, and at a certain point our servers are going to stop supporting it. And the task to update vBulletin will take a long time and a lot of effort and no-one can be all that much bothered for a place that gets no traffic.
Thanks for explaining Nate. Makes sense. I was just 14 when I joined OWF, and it's funny looking back now aged 26 I'm just glad it's still around now and people still actually post here! Although I thought there might be some more activity due to Soulstorm released recently...

Old 09-07-2021, 09:03 AM
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)Nate must be Chuck Norris or something (13356)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrok View Post
I appreciate the irony that it gets no traffic because of the website problems which in order to be fixed would require traffic to be here.
We're working on the assumption that fixing the problems wouldn't fix the traffic. No-one uses forums any more, especially not for series that haven't put out a good game in 16 years.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Wolvark Grenadier

Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)Varrok is a sacred manifestation of the hippy-dippy spirit of Great Mother OWF (7838)

Though I partially agree, the forums were just as broken a few years ago before Soulstorm was released when there still was a group still excited and willing to talk about it on the forums. I don't expect it would boom in popularity like in 2001, but throwing obstacles at newcomers only made them want to join less.
Old Today, 06:42 AM
aka OddMan360

RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)RoryF didn't even know they have a destiny (791)

I will embark on a great plot to destroy big tech and restore OWF to its slightly less dead state