01-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Rhadamanthus
Zappfly

: Jan 2018
: Canada
: 2
Rhadamanthus  (10)
Removing HUD in Stranger's Wrath

Sort of an unusual request, but here goes.

I'm writing something on the landscape of Stranger's Wrath, and I'm hoping to get some landscape-type screenshots to accompany it. To that end, I'm wondering if it would be possible to remove the HUD (or even, ambitiously, Stranger's character model) in the game.

Because I am technically illiterate, I reached out to Oddworld Inhabitants via twitter, who said that this request would be a little beyond the debug tools in the game, and pointed me here. I would be grateful for any suggestions or help.
01-11-2018, 05:10 AM
Vanilla ✜
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2007
: England
: 507
Vanilla ✜  (153)Vanilla ✜  (153)

I've had a look around for any mods that might do the trick but I wasn't able to find anything, I've shared this into the OWF discord and asked for help there.

There's also an OWF Discord,
join here.

01-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Rhadamanthus
Zappfly

: Jan 2018
: Canada
: 2
Rhadamanthus  (10)

Oh thanks so much! I'll try poking my head in this weekend to see if anyone has any suggestions.
01-17-2018, 02:33 AM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

:
Because I am technically illiterate, I reached out to Oddworld Inhabitants via twitter, who said that this request would be a little beyond the debug tools in the game, and pointed me here. I would be grateful for any suggestions or help.
It's pretty grand OWI encourage the intrigue and creative interest of the community in these games, unlike most companies who actively try to prevent it.

Have you asked if they have any stills of the environment from development that they'd be willing to share for your essay/article in exchange for kind words and a link to the PS-Store in your article

Alternatively, lurk the end credits and track down the environment artists on Facebook who may have some images from their portfolio they'd be willing to share - most artists are happy to help when their work will be in the spotlight.

Last edited by Fuzzle Guy; 01-17-2018 at 02:36 AM..