Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Welcomes & Birthdays

03-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)
Exclamation My temporary leave of absense...

Dear Staff and Members of OWF,

I know I have not been on the most lately. But I have had a very busy schedule the last couple of weeks. Last week I had my final exams for term 3, and also our contest we host at our school the Mundelein Invitational. Formally known as the Mundelein Jazz Festival etc. Which the jazz bands have been competing for over thirty-eight years. And now called the invitational for the past four years. due to now show choirs compete. Our school does not compete for placement since it is our contest we host. But all of our groups do perform for the audiences as exhibitions. So before I go any farther off my main topic here. I spent the whole weekend decorating, for the homeroom of the band I had to host. Making sure my school I hosted from far away was ok, and ready for their performance, warm ups etc. Getting ready to perform in the Jazz Band(our jazz bandd), and Combo for our show choir. And of course cleaning up, after everything. Ok thats all about that.

Anyways, since I am a member of the combo that plays the music for our show choir, I have gone on several trips this year out of town, down state, and out of state. I feel obligated to atleast inform you I will be gone on a longer trip this week. Tonight I will be traveling with the combo/show choir to Nashville, TN. For the show choir nationals. I will therefore since this is quite a long drive from Illinois, be gone for the next four/hopefully not five days. So if i am unable to get onto any computers from tonight until sunday/monday. You will atleast know why I am gone.

So I leave with those words. Try not to cause too much trouble in Fan Corner while I'm gone. Talk to you later. Though I will also try and take some pictures on the trip that I will post when I get back.

-Sincerely, Al
03-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Have a great time bud, and goodluck..... oh yes happy birthday sience I missed your B-day topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

03-20-2003, 01:18 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Yea enjoy your self mann! Have fun take a lot of pictures and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back.

Paramiteabe...

03-20-2003, 01:28 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)
Re: My temporary leave of absense...

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker

Last week I had my final exams for term 3

Do you have your exams in term 3?
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

03-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: Re: My temporary leave of absense...

:
Originally posted by happyguy936
The American system is very different to the Australian school system, Josh. Very different, probably because of the seasons.

And thankies for the warning Al, have fun!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

03-20-2003, 01:59 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

:
before I go I wont leave you with an unanswered question.

We have final exams for all of our classes during the end of the term. Our school runs on a block schedule. This is different than most schools which have the same classes maybe nine all year round our system works the following way.

We have four classes during each term. The class periods last about 180 minutes or something close to that. And our school day goes from 7:40 AM to 3:15 PM. With certain after school classes or before classes(Jazz Band for me before school). Now these terms last nine weeks. In which at the end of the term, the last two days, exams for periods one and two take place, and then at 12:45 Pm we get out on those days. Then the following day periods three and four, and get dismissed at the same time. We have four terms in a year. and two terms equal one semester. So four terms, two semesters. I personally like the block schedule. You focus more on the four subjects you have during that term, and have more work yes, and more things to learn in that time frame. But its much easier than to focus on lets say nine different classes all year round, and be stressed with tons of hw for all the different classes. remember last thing some classes, examples band, lasts all year along same with jazz band. But things like math and english last two terms. Same with world studies(social studies). Or if you take certain AP(advanced placement classes) they last three terms. then there are also some classes web design,(Im taking next year) Basic programming, etc. Certain science classes, that are only one term.

Hope that answers your question atleast about our school system at Mundelein highschool. If you have any other questions ask me when I get back, and I will be happy to answer them.

-Sincerely, Al

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 03-19-2003 at 06:02 PM..
03-20-2003, 03:57 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

Thanks Bud
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.