Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

04-01-2010, 03:57 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Righty oh, Splat. Don't know how long you want me to take, but this fun.

IC:
This Vykker was really pushing to get the upper hand, and Ark really didn't want to give it to him.

The glow emitting from Ark body starting pulsing in time with his heart beats, while Ark continued on with his 'pleasant' conversation.

"Not so fast. I'm not about to start walking with my back exposed to you, and certainly not while your carrying those instruments. We'll walk side by side, after you put those safely away, and your bag is closed tight and in sight."

'I want this guy close enough to smell, but not to touch,' Ark thought. Since it seemed a good bet this 'susgestion' was the least likely to go over well, and Ark really hoped he would get an opportunity to require his gun... even if it was out of ammo.

OOC: Yeah, Kirk is trying to push Ark, Ark is trying to push Kirk. Good fun and warm feeling all around (I know you can feel the love). But yeah, I can drone out, probably, another three full conversation (not posts) before actual getting to Dion; if pacing permits.

Last edited by arkaznor; 04-01-2010 at 04:05 AM..
04-01-2010, 05:13 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

: Jan 2010
: Spain-Cantabria-Castro.Urdiale
: 69
Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Let’s see how far things can go and how much can be pushed from these too without breaking the place.

***IC Dbreak (hell yea)***
Dbreak didn’t really know why he was talking with her, he only knew it would either end as good as this could get… or pretty much as worst, and that would mean shooting. He also didn’t even knew why he had stopped because he had many things to say for once in his life, and none were good… but when she smiled like that and said what she said, his eyes grew wide.

“Filthy… mud?” Dbreak said astonished.

He didn’t snarl, he didn’t hiss, he didn’t even as much as flinch. He simply narrowed his eyes and looked at her like he hadn’t done to any creature in the time he had memory: He looked at her like a piece of meat now, a piece of meat that had a damn note attached of ‘free for all’.

“Do you hear yourself?” He asked, his tone low and his voice just loud enough for her to hear “DO.YOU.HEAR.YOURSELF?” This time it was loud, clear and just slow enough for her to comprehend what had he said “You sound just like the normal run of the mill Slig! But no… too much courage for that… Maybe you are a Glukkon? Worse, you take delight in your words and in pain from others while thinking you are so smart, which is something I have gotten to know in these few minutes… Are you a Vykker in a Mudokon’s body?”

When he asked he couldn’t avoid it: He laughed, he laughed in a low tone, because it was not a laugh that he would want anyone to hear; it was sad and what would’ve seemed a bit of desperation for this messed girl.

“What the hell are you then?” He asked again, out loud “You are a Mudokon, face it, you have the same rights as any other Mudokon: None” He hissed “Want me to get as cruel as you? Want me to get as bitter, spiteful and with my voice full of venom? Then read my lips: Y-o-u a-r-e a M-u-d-o-k-o-n” He was slow and dedicate in his remark, he was not getting any delight of this, he was not having fun, but this girl was a mess and was getting on his nerves “Or do you have something different from any Mudokon? Do you have freedom? No, you don’t, I have it unlike any Slig, and that is something YOU don’t while you think you are better and smarter than me. What do you have that makes you different from any other Mudokon? Your skin color, and if I am right, a messed childhood, no friends and no place in life but wherever you are taken by the leash of your master until you are put down” He gave a step forward and faced her, face to face, almost brushing his tentacles at her knowing fully that she was going to be pissed “Am I wrong so far? Do you have a fine savior and a friend that I don’t know? Are you SOMETHING else asides this ball of angry feelings, the black Mudokon girl I have in front of me? As far as I know, you seem even more messed up than any Vykker experiment I have seen, and that is saying a lot coming from those brainy monsters with loveless hearts and their cruel ways”
-Half the world then?
Shut up and get me some skulls...

DA:
http://headhunterentertain.deviantart.com/

04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Holy cannoli ! That was fast ! That's some very interesting plot developing here Can't wait to see more of it ! Well, time to write some myself

-----IC-----

As the last security systems around the factory were booting up, SU-01 was about to return into the main building in hope to talk with the boss to the condition that the paranoid CEO finally got out of his office, but he got interrupted by a window turning orange on his display. It was from the "MOVEMENTS DETECTORS MANAGEMENT" utility he had opened up before.

----------
WARNING
----------

Report from TRAIN_TRACK_PILLAR_24 : Detection of three entities at coordinates (30,22) 3 identified as Mudokon(s). Risk level estimated : Level 2 (possible breakout/terrorist infiltration attempt).

Set "STOCKYARD" area to level 2 alert ?
----------

"Another alert ? Like this is gonna help me getting "Mister Locked Door" out of his shelter...Permission denied ! It's a few miles away. I'll go check it out myself..."

He closed the windows and headed to the said pillar in hover mode. And so he went across the stockyards, going through a couple of red beams diffused by the guard towers. As he was approaching, he spotted the 3 mudokons standing in the middle of what seemed to be a little garden or something similar.

"Okay, they don't look like terrorists. Unloading ammo..." He switched back to walk-mode some meters away and approached with a "calm" stance.
"Hey ! What are you doing here ?" He stopped a few inches away from the garden's border, his guns pointed down.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 04-01-2010 at 10:48 AM..
04-01-2010, 12:03 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: A good few hours spent at the university library, preparing for final exams. I better post again before I get sidetracked.

Now I only have to look up The Despicable for reference...

--------------------------------

Rick took a hold of the bars of his cage and rolled back and forth as he sat, frustrated of being ignored. "Come on, I can hear you're there! Dunno how much time you guys spent in a cage, I can tell you it's no fun!" he called at the closed door leading to the Labs, in a semi-neurotic way. Apparently, him being locked up for such a small mistake went to his nerves.

Suddenly, the door opened. He caught a glimpse of at least four people in the Labs, two of them being in a face-to-face argument. He was suspicious about one of the voices, but now he was sure that it was Dionysia. The BigBro she was glaring at was new to him though, and so was the Mudokon who came into the room (Slen) "Oh, hi, um, I'm Slen. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hi, um, I'm Rick. I'm just passing my time in this luxurious resort house here." he said mockingly, patting the bars of his cage. "Sounded you guys are having an interesting time there, thought I'd join in... in my own, caged manner, of course."

Rick noticed that one of the Mudokon's arms weren't right. "What happened to you? BigBro out there had a starter match with you?"

--------------------------------

Arnie listened to the squeaky, high voice of a Vykker - for him, they all sounded the same pretty much, but his introduction was more useful in identifying the newcomer. He remembered talking to Emlech about the Mudokons that he brought to Rupture Farms, asking Arnie to keep the Mudokons for a few years, and to return them to Emlech when he asks so.

"Well, it has been some time..." he called at the door. "Hold on a second, I'll OPEN the door." he said both to Krik and the door. The door slid upwards, revealing the figure of Emlech standing in front of Arnie. "Sorry about that. I'd seem that our current security force is not as efficient as it supposed to be, seeing that..." At this part, he cut off. He already gave it away that a Native made it to his office, but also mentioning that it was an armed intruder might make the situation a bit more tense.

"Nevermind. Welcome back, please come in." Arnie stood away from the door to let the Vykker in. "I'll admit that, in the meantime, I forgot about our agreement, mainly because the Mudokons you brought here seemed to be efficient enough."

He remembered the time when Anni had a 'disagreement' with Nick... And later with Stivik... "They fitted right in." Arnie said finally.

04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

:
He remembered the time when Anni had a 'disagreement' with Nick... And later with Stivik... "They fitted right in." Arnie said finally.
Hehehe...

Well, don't worry too much, Ark. It might be good if Krik does arrive in time to stop Dion and Dbreak's situation from getting too... loud.

IC:
Emlech eyed the office as he walked through the door. It was somewhat on the shabby side, but then it was no secret that Arnie wasn't the richest of the glukkons, and added to his recent trouble with the Cartel... Well, it would be true to say he had been worried for a while, and had seriously thought of pulling Anni out earlier, if it hadn't been for the risk of implicating himself in whatever trouble Arnie was finding. Instead, he'd called in a few favours with old acquaintances to gently fend Arnie away from the full extremeties of the law (fortunately the issues hadn't been too great, so Emlech hadn't had to arrange too much) and had kept a close eye on the situation since.

"Well, I appreciate that it has been a while and I hope everything has been going well for you in the mean time." Without giving the glukkon a chance to answer, he brushed on, "But now, as I say, things have moved on; I've managed to rearrange my business a little, and it's about time I took the mudokon girl back and continued with the work I've been doing on her. I'm sorry for the short notice; we've been rather busy lately, but I'd like her back as soon as possible. Today, if it doesn't inconvenience you too much."

It was asking a lot, he knew. But if anyone in this place did know the secret of Anni, he wanted to get her out of here before they stopped him. He was just hoping that Arnie hadn't been told, though if he had then the glukkon had a brilliant poker-face.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still within the glow of the well-lit cafeteria, Kirk didn't notice Ark's flashing skin (which was probably a good thing for Ark). This arrogant mudokon was driving him crazy and he was infuriated that keeping his presence here secret meant he couldn't do anything about it. He just wanted to find Dionysia, finish what he came to do and leave. If this mudokon wasn't going to help him, then he might just kill it to get it out of his way. "Listen, mud! I'm not here to have my time wasted by some pathetic slave! So if you don't start helping me, I'm going to relieve Arnie of your insubordination and save him a great deal of problems! She me where the girl is! I don't care what you do with your pathetic skin after that but stop wasting my time!"

Jim turned and jumped at the sight of the Giant Flipping Robot and gaped. Anni, however, naturally recognised SU and while it had told her it might not be so friendly if they met again, she was not so quickly intimidated. "Um, I'm working." She said in a blasé tone of voice.

The big-bro's continued confusion only served to increase Dionysia's new-found enjoyment of the situation. "Listen," She hissed into his face, since he insisted on sticking it up against hers, "Since you seem unfamiliar with the way the world works. There's a food-chain, a pecking order to places like this, with muds at the bottom and sligs only one step above them. Like it or not, sligs bow to vykkers and glukkons like everyone else, lick there shoes when they order them to; I see it every day. You seem to think you're outside of that chain; well guess what? So am I! I'm not part of any system; there's nothing on Oddworld like me!"

ooc: Um, Ark, Krik might actually attack Ark if he makes him any angrier. Just a warning

04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Duely noted Splat, unfortunately Ark is a glutton for punishment .

IC:

'Slave. Slave!' the word echoed in Ark's mind, when ever that word was muttered his life takes a turn for the worst. 'No, not any more.'

"Slave. I am no slave, I'm a paid employee, you pompo-," Ark stop himself short, after all this Vykker was armed, while he was empty handed. Contorting his face into a look of utter frustration, while rubbing his forehead, Ark resumed his speech, "You know what, fine, whatever. You win."

Standing up straight, Ark pivoted, and started storming down the hall while shouting back, "Try to keep up!"

'You arrogant, insufferable, pompous, pile of biological waste.' Ark thought as his tattoos started to illuminate the hall.

OOC: No idea if this will push Kirk over the edge or not. Though I'm waiting with bated breath.

Last edited by arkaznor; 04-02-2010 at 10:59 PM..
04-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

"Um, I'm working." replied one of the Mudokons that SU-01 immediately identified as Anni.

"This is my lucky day, he thoughts. As soon as I get those three ones back inside, I'll have some answers to obtain from her."

"You might be working, but you're doing it outside of the authorized perimeter. Your work-posts are inside this building." he said while nodding at the factory. "Besides, even if you are allowed to be here and if you haven't noticed yet, the security systems of the stockyards have been re-activated." he said while gesturing at the watchtowers around. "That's what helped me to find you three here. See this red beam coming out of the train track pillar ? I think you already know what it is and what happens when it's triggered." He paused for a few seconds, looking at the three employees in front of him.

"That's right...Ears breaking alarm, flashing lights...all that fancy protocol and then floating mines everywhere. Luckily for you, I have canceled it just in time. So I have to make sure the "escapees" number on the billboards doesn't increase by 3 as much as I have to make sure the "casualties" one doesn't change as well." Of course, he lied about the floating mines since he hadn't found where they were stored yet. Plus he would need an authorization to deploy such dangerous devices.

He took a step forward, his foot accidentally squashing a plant nearby. He looked down, and pulled his foot back.

"What is this place anyway ?" he asked while wiping his foot on the ground to clean it up.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 04-02-2010 at 03:56 AM..
04-02-2010, 04:29 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: A request, if I may: I'll be away this weekend, will be back on Monday, so please refrain from 'overposting', unless you really want to discourage me from posting again. Enjoy Easter and the chocolate!

04-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Okay then, let's set an embargo over this thread We don't want our Boss to quit this RP do we ?

04-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

Name: Slihard
Race: Slig
Appearance: standard looking slig with an AE mask
Personality: quite a grumpy when you wake him up,he rarely sleeps and hates to be awakened,friendly and strict when it comes to security,shares secrets only with best friends,loves to gamble with friends,hates too much questions
Equipment: pants,mask,a machine gun,grenades and some stolen cards
History: Slihard worked in rupture farms and soulstorm brewery,he was away at soulstorm brewery when abe shut down rupture farms,he barely escaped the explosion at the brewery,he was working as a security guard(leader),after the destruction of the brewery he found some new pants(old ones busted in explosion) and went to feeco,after hearding for reopening rupture farms he went on a train to get employed.

Two hours have past,slihard has exited the train and started looking around,he saw some new stuff layin around,well he quickly ran out to the executive office using an old map,he arrived and he saw some new employees near the doors to the office,he didn't say anithing he didnt want to be questioned so he sat near the door and rested a bit until the boss arrives.

edit: posted profile

Last edited by Scraby; 04-02-2010 at 05:13 PM..
04-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Scraby, I'm gonna do the same as Nate and ask you to make all the effort you can in using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation in your posts.
Second, if you intend on joining, you need to post your character's profile in the W@RF Profile Thread.
And finally, there are no other characters outside of the boss's office, so there's no one for him to see there. There are no 'random characters' in the factory; the only people in Rupture Farms are those created, owned and used by the players (except for the animals in the stockyards).

:
Ark thought as his tattoos started to eliminate the hall.
I think you mean 'illuminate'.

IC:
Krik's anger was cut short by the magic words, 'Fine; you win'. "I always win," He muttered under his breath and hurried down the corridor after the mudokon, putting the syringe back in his bag.

Anni glared when the robot started stomping over her garden, "This is the garden Arnie, the boss, told me to plant so that Rupture Farms could grow it's own spices and save money! Being out here and looking after the garden is my job! The boss himself told me to do it! So you better not turn those things back on unless you want to be in a lot of trouble with Arnie."

Jim was mildly relieved that she had such a good comeback at the ready, and was slightly more confident that the robot wasn't going to shoot them all.

ooc: Flighty Roe, I am also done for the weekend; I won't be posting again until late on Sunday (or early on Monday). Which doesn't mean the rest of you can't. Though remember to be patient with the people who aren't here; you can wait a couple of days if need be. The internet'll still be here in two days' time.
Ark and Krik might be arriving just in time to stop things getting too messy

04-02-2010, 11:42 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: I have no idea what your talking about, Splat. It's always been illuminate... ignore the "Last edited by arkaznor :" part. It's irrelevant.

IC: Ark noted that the Vykker was following him, and had placed his syringe back into his bag.

"But not the blade, great. Well it was more than I was expecting," Ark muttered under his breath.

Ark keep a careful watch on him (Krik) out of the corner of his eye, as they walked down the hall. His tattoos finally begian to settle down, but Ark thought that anyone that wasn't blind (like this guy seemed to be) could still tell that they were glowing.

It than occurred to Ark that he probably wasn't going to get another chance to ask this Vykker his question, since he was calmer than ever (in Ark's memory), and after he did what he had to with the other Mudokon he would probably disappear again.

"If you don't mind, and if it's not sensitive information, may I ask about the Mudokon I'm taking you to? I mean, the only other female Mudokon I've seen before coming here was tall and lengthy, she towered over us workers; but this one looks much more like a worker? Is she just a lot younger than I think she is or is there a reason for it?"

Ark paused before adding (in an attempt to not set this guy off again), "If you can or wouldn't mind answering, of course... Er... Mr.-, Prof.-, Dr. -?"

OOC:
In case you can't tell, Ark is asking for Kriks' name in a round about way.

Also, while writing my last post, I left out the line "You win." for the longest time, due to Ark being someone who never wants to admit that he's wrong. And it was only as I reread it (apparently not carefully enough, though) that I added it since it seemed like it would be unlikely Kirk would actual follow, unless Ark said it. Seems like a good thing I did.

Last edited by arkaznor; 04-03-2010 at 06:08 PM..
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

OK, last IC post until the VIPs are back

-----IC-----

"OK, typical hostile reaction..." he thoughts. "Time to give a try at my new holographic projector..."

A red orb on the top of his head started glowing and diffusing a light beam in front of him. A flickering silhouette appeared and then turned into an unmasked slig when the projector finished calibrating. The Vikkers engineers really had done a good work because the slig looked nothing like a regular hologram which you can see right through. In fact, it gave the perfect illusion that a slig was really standing here and now. The virtual Slig took a few steps towards Anni, passing through the plants of her garden, his wide brown eyes looking straight at her.

"You don't seems to understand..." he said calmly. "The security systems have already been re-activated...Just take a look around. Those projectors weren't here because the baby Scrabs were afraid of the dark, you know ? This has been authorized to avoid any other terrorist intrusion. If I hadn't canceled the alert protocol at the very last second, you would have something like 5 or 6 mines chasing you right now...In fact, I think we would already be missing 3 employees. So unless you really want to hug a highly explosive floating device in the upcoming few minutes, I suggest you get back into the factory until the whole thing is fully set up and proper exceptions are applied to the sensors and then you can get back here anytime you have the authorization to. Understand this is for your own security. I'm not allowed to use more persuasive methods at the moment, so I can only kindly ask you to follow me back inside...all of you."

04-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Ok, short briefing everyone: My anckle is F!!!!ED up. I can bend and twist just enough to make people think I am breaking my bones, and I am a round person, if you know what I mean, so it indeed looks a bit abnormal. The problem is when I don’t want to twist anything but it DOES twist, like yesterday with my left foot getting to look upward… from the wrong side and with all my weight (and a friend’s) over it. It is not broken but it hurts like hell when I move, still I don’t want to leave the crazy girl waiting and even if I am in a foul mood this help me relax ^^.

Also, hope it is not too long.

***IC***

Dbreak couldn’t help it, he had been serious and angry at her, but her last remark made something snap. Problem is to know if it was good or not.

“HAHAHAHAHA!”

He couldn’t help it in any way as he tried to fight back the laughter, but it hit it so hard that he had to. The big bro simply laughed up at the ceiling while removing tears from his eyes as he did so.

“GOOD GRIEF!” He said with a chuckle “THAT! That was priceless” Dbreak tried not to laugh anymore, but it was hard “I am under someone? No, that, in my case, is true… I still don’t know if I have been accepted here, but even if so I can decide when I will end my contract if I don’t like it here” He sneered and looked at her with a cocky grin “But anyone could kill me at any second, I have many more enemies than friends and someday I will meet my end for sure… If we talk about chains we may as well say that you may be able to take one away from you, but you must take another”

He got finally serious again and took another look at the girl to see if she was going to do more than talk. It was getting a bit hard to overlook that it was a girl and it was a Mudokon when he faced her. Dbreak was simply wishing she was something else to justify that he mauled her.

“Look: I am here, trying to understand you and see why the f*** you are a damn b***” His patience was being prodded and, soon enough, it probably would give away “Yet you are having fun of this and making sure I feel bad by each second that I wish for your demise. But I will not do anything to you” The last part was in a more caring tone, one that in reality was of pity “I won’t because I don’t need to” He said frankly “You have showed me that it is IMPOSIBLE that anyone cares for you. You have showed me that from my side, one that tries to do good (Or I think so), is there an opposite even WORSE than Glukkons and Vykkers together, and is so because I knew if you had power you would easily destroy anything that bothered you, unlike those two species of idiots that only do it gradualy” He segued and looked at her, thinking if there was something good in here “Girl, be as you wish, I already don’t care what happens to you” Getting closer, he took her head and pulled her almost against him as he lowered his face to talk into her ear before getting away some steps.

What he said he meant, every word was spoken slow, loud and clear enough for her to notice that his tone was not of hatred and angry feelings anymore, but mostly one of pity. Why? Because he was sure of that what he had said would happen:

“But remember these words: Sooner or later; you always get what you deserve, in the worst way possible”
-Half the world then?

DA:

04-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Splat

ooc: My sister insisted that I download a song from t'internet so said song would have a chance of being Number 1 for Easter. As a result, I am now online, so I might as well write a post!

Jimmy,
SU:" Luckily for you, I have canceled it just in time."
Anni: "You better not turn those things back on unless you want to be in a lot of trouble with Arnie."

Ark,
I know that one, too And it's 'Krik', to rhyme with 'Quick' (NOT 'Kirk' which rhymes with 'berk').
Also, you can probably have them arrive in the lab very soon, since the conversation is closing in on the point where a timely interruption would at the very least allow Dionysia to be arrogant some more.
Also, sorry I was kinda ignoring the tattoo thing, but Krik would probably stab him without hesitation if he suspected anything dodgy.

Uros,
If Dbreak grabbed her head she's either throw him off straight away or be struggling too hard for him to do any talking, so if it's alright, I'll just assume he leant close to her ear and whispered.
Also, Dbreak has gotten completely the wrong picture of the girl! (Though I suppose it's very much her own fault.)

IC:
Anni would at about this time have been going up to the factory anyway, but she didn't appreciate being threatened or bossed around, and was more than willing to rebel.
Also, while Jim might normally have provided the Boring Voice of Reason in these situations, his fear of sligs meant that the sudden materialisation of SU's hologram was akin to that bit in the dream where the monsters start climbing out of the fireplace. He stumbled back, gaping in shock, tripped over the roots from The Tree (The Tree being the feature that had made Anni choose this location for her garden, since it was probably the only tree within the factory grounds) and fell over, landing behind it, in a convenient location for some expert cowering.
Anni was less impressed by the hologram, guessing it was some sort of fake, if nothing else then because no slig would ever be seen without a mask. And things like that were only made by vykkers. She hated vykkers.
Ignoring the slig, she spoke directly to the robot, balling her fists in anger, "I don't think you understand! I am doing my job, the job that Arnie, the boss of Rupture Farms, ordered me to do! And I'm not going anywhere until I've finished it, because it is my job! I've got to finish watering the plants and now I've got to try and undo the damage you've done, crushing all the plants Arnie paid for! So unless you want to explain to Arnie why you've murdered three employees just doing their jobs, I suggest you go back to the factory and turn the stupid security systems off again!"

(ooc: Girl power!)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There was an odd light illuminating the corridors, but since he was walking behind the mudokon, Krik couldn't work out where it was coming from. And he was in a hurry and rather annoyed that this mudokon was delaying him so much when he was in such a hurry to get the job done and leave without being seen, that he didn't stop to worry about it. He was glad that the mudokon was finally showing some respect, however.
"It's Dr-" He snapped, then stopped himself. Stupid; even if it was only a mud, he couldn't give it his real name! "Dr Stone." Oh, very good. But it was the best he could come up with at short notice.
"And for your information," He said haughtily, happy to emphasise the mud's ignorance, "Queens look utterly different from worker mudokons, no matter how old they are." This was said in his best 'any-fool-knows-that' tone of voice. "However, some queen eggs don't develop properly into queens; these worker-class females are instead expected to care for mudokon young. Though I doubt you will have received their care," This, again, he said in just the right tone to turn a simple comment into an insult. "On the other hand, for some reason, a very small number of worker-females don't even develop the required... physiology to properly care for young mudokons, so these tend to get sold as cheap labour. Dionysia's further differences are merely the result of the experiments she was lucky enough to be chosen for."
It was a long time since he had been delivering lectures, and this mudokon was hardly what one might call an intelligent audience, but he caught himself getting into the swing of things.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dionysia's anger at being laughed at, to the point where she was close to walking out of the lab, was replaced with a smirk when he said he could quit his job any time he wanted. Yeah, if he never wanted to work again and he didn't mind starving to death.

'Even worse than vykkers'? What was that supposed to mean? The idea that she might be more... 'vykker-y' than vykkers made her smirk; she respected, liked vykkers - why shouldn't she? However, this train of thought, coupled with his strange tone a moment later, brought her down from her anger. "I don't destroy what bothers me," She said, mildly, "Or you wouldn't be standing right now." (That was a bold claim, but then, so was his).
She liked sligs, not socially, but because they were predicable, because inside the toughness they were weak, and afraid; she was very much aware of this, even if she couldn't spot the exact same affliction in herself. And this was more or less what made her say what she did next; "And if you don't care a thing about me, then why are you so determined to understand me, to make me 'change my ways'?" She didn't say it angrily, or maliciously; more slyly.

ooc: That stuff about female mudokons is made up by me to try and justify the presence of the female mudokons that have appeared in the RPG. *shameless propaganda alert* I wrote a short story on the subject once, though it's only recommended for mature readers. *shameless propaganda alert*

Last edited by Splat; 04-03-2010 at 02:43 PM..
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

@Splat : Sorry, a little mis-comprehension from me. I was talking about the mines being canceled (lie, there are no mines anyway ) and I thought Anni was talking about the lights and the detectors...nevermind

Anyway, I totally forgot that Jim was Slig allergic, sorry about that (Holographic Slig appearing from a Deadly Security Bot...OMG Worstest nightmare ever )

And man, Anni sure doesn't like to be bossed around as you stated. O_o

04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Righty Oh, I think it's about time they found Dion, don't you? As for the tattoo thing, it's fine your ignoring it, it's more for me than anyone else. His tattoos are a part of his character and emotions, and it would be weird it they just stopped 'working' in some places and not in others.

IC:
Ark pondered the Vykkers response, and more over was surprised that he had given him one and admitted that the girl was experimented on.

They had gotten to the last flight of stairs, by the time the Vykker was finished. And now walking up them Ark stated, "I suppose that makes sense. Mudokons, especially ones that are born and raised as or little more than slaves don't have a whole lot of, if any, access to our history or biology as we might like. Granted most muds don't care for that, and just want to get their work done," Ark than chuckled a bit, all in good humor, "As for the idea that I even had a chance at being attended to by one of those female Mudokons, that's next impossible. There is almost no way that anyone would waste that time and money, especially when it's unnecessary. No, at Labor Force Ranch, we took care of each other."

Reaching the top of the flight of stairs Ark continued, "She was right around this bend, last time I saw her, Dr. Stone. She shouldn't be far."

Ark, while not necessarily liking Dr. Stone (which he thought was a kind of weird name, but it wasn't his business) he was starting to lean on him. Sure, he had threatened to take his life a few minutes ago, but who hasn't? But he had answered all of his questions. Ark now saw him more as a quick tempered, bitter, crumby old professor, but a professor that had once liked teaching. And this new mind set had made Ark's tattoos dim down to more of a shimmer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't hard to locate her (since she wasn't exactly quiet), and as Ark and Krik approached it looked like she was having a heated argument with a Big Bro.

"Great. Does she ever stop arguing?"

Last edited by arkaznor; 04-03-2010 at 06:50 PM..
04-04-2010, 03:35 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
---------Slen--------

Slen laughed when Rick said "BigBro out there had a starter match with you?" Slen quickly stopped when he pictured it in his head. "Nah, he patched me up. It was something I was least expecting." he replied "I, um...fell down the stairs" he felt silly everytime he said it and quickly tried to change the subject. "So, what are you in here for?" trying his best to ignore the yelling from the next room.

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 04-04-2010 at 03:38 PM..
04-05-2010, 12:14 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: What is this?! Nearly half a page of progress in 3 days!... I guess forgot about how lenghty some of you can get when it comes to W@RF posts. Serves me right.

----------------------------------------

"Patched you up?" asked Rick, astonished, momentarily forgetting about his own situation. "That's kinda unusual from a BigBro, and I've seen some of them. Then again, a BigBro wouldn't stop at breaking your limbs... and maybe I should shut up now." said Rick, realising that he started to become inconsiderate.

For a few seconds he listened to the heated argument coming from the next room, then he remembered that Slen asked him a question. "Oh, me? Well, I guess there's a moment in everyone's career when they are late on the day when their boss is not in the right mood. Apparently, nowadays it is considered the worst of all sins, being late... Next time I might as well try hitting Arnie over the head with a Cafeteria tray - just to see how much more severe the punishment would be..."

----------------------------------------

Arnie listened to Emlech as the Vykker entered the Office and explained the situation. "Not much trouble on my behalf. As far as I can remember, she was assigned to..." he said as he walked over to his computer and had a look at some of his files. "...Group 1, Production Lines."

He looked back at Emlech. "Does she already know that she's about to leave? Should I send someone for her, or do you want to seek her out personally?"

The more they talked about Anni, the more Arnie remembered. "Ah, I think I now know who's the Mudokon you want. Pink skin, relatively young, isn't she? I can recall assigning her to a... secondary task of sorts." Arnie was a bit reluctant to complain about Anni, but she seemed rather important to Emlech, and besides, she was in his possession in the end.

"Well, the reason for that was that she has a real knack for getting into trouble. Annoying the Sligs, mostly. I can't deny that there were... scuffles." 'That's one way to put it', he thought. "In short, she slowed down some of my workers, and she was working less efficiently herself in return. Then came the idea of starting a sub-facility inside the factory to produce spice for the products we make - she was rather ecstatic to be working there. I guess it's the nature-mentality of their kind... They can do magic with plants."

Arnie, of course, exaggerated a bit. He actually had no idea on how the 'garden' was doing and whether Anni was attending to it or not.

04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

ooc:well i just started and well where should i go to get a job here

04-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

IC:

Jim: "Oh, Ralph helped me find you."

"Hi," Anni said, giving him a sunny smile.

Ralph just shrugged, "More like I just followed you." Before he could say anything else the Giant Flipping Robot turned up and asked what they were doing there.

Observing the argument between Anni and SU-01, he noticed Jim stumble over the tree in fright of the hologram of a slig being projected from the robot.

Remembering Jim's fears, he walked to the other side of the tree so he was on the same side as the cowering mudokon and said quietly, "It's fake, Jim. Take a look, it's just being projected from the machine."

<●-●-●-●-●>

After escorting Mars out of the factory through the basement, Hembar watched until he was out of sight. A few minutes later, she noticed the watch towers lighting up - someone had activated the long-neglected security systems in the stockyards. Lucky timing for Mars, she thought.

It was going to make things tricky for her own eventual departure, but for now she had other business to attend to. Turning back to the factory, she re-entered the basement and started making her way to where her path had originally crossed with the young native mudokon.

A slight blue glow surrounded her for a few moments, then her skin appeared to darken, making her appear almost invisible. This was to stop the paramites from detecting her again like last time - as long as she made no noise they wouldn't be able to "see" or even smell her. Of course, this would make finding the meech a little difficult too, as it would be subject to the same conditions.

Eventually she came across the area where she had met Anni and Mars earlier. There was no sign of the creature she was looking for, which was both a good thing and a bad thing. Good, because if it had stayed here it probably couldn't have stood up for itself in the condition it was in, but bad because she wasn't sure where it would've gone.

Looking around, she noticed her vision suddenly becoming foggy. She shook her head and blinked, but it didn't help. She wasn't sure exactly what was causing it, but in any case she decided she needed to get out of this dangerous area as soon as possible. Not trying to be silent anymore, she started running toward the safer areas of the factory, while her eyes seemed to be blurring even more.

She turned around a corner and suddenly stopped, nearly tripping over in the process. She could've sworn she saw a face there looking at her, although with her current vision problems perhaps it was just her imagination. She suddenly swung around the way she had came from, hearing a vicious sounding snarl from right behind her. But there was nothing there. Ok, what on Odd is going on? she thought. She staggered a bit, feeling consciousness slipping away, and collapsed to the floor, a dim green glow surrounding her.

OOC: Scary stuff is happening to Hembar
And this post is not late. Honest! Hey, look over there! *runs off*

04-06-2010, 05:46 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

IC (Finally!):
Crunchy stumbled out of the broken pipe, swaying slightly as he regained his senses. That had not been a well, that was for sure. He was alright now, surely? There seemed to be a major blind spot in the middle of his field of perception... He paced slowly towards where the feeling of emptiness was coming from. Suddenly, something changed nearby. Some presence came into existence momentarily. Crunchy shrieked and ran headfirst into a wall.

OOC:
Took a bit of artistic license there, Gretin. I thought that the bond between our little pair would at least let Crunchy detect Hembar's absence, y'know? I seem to remember I decided how Crunchy percieved the world a while ago, but I've forgotten now

04-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Crescent
Chippunk

: Mar 2010
: UK
: 24
Crescent  (25)
Native

Hey Splat

could you give me a hand please?
Don't know where I am currently -x-;;
Been busy lately

Last left my Slig character was wandering around the lobby
so I'm waiting for some other worker etc to show her round then get to work and up to speed with rp.
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

SU-01 was getting nowhere arguing with this stubborn Mudokon, as usual. His robotic body emitted a long steam noise, like he was sighting. The holographic slig grinned nastily and took a couple more steps towards Anni.

"Very well. I'm on my way to the factory, then. Just make sure you get back to your post ASAP. I'll have some questions to ask you." He turned back and looked at the Mudokon cowering behind the tree. He acted like drawing a pistol and shooting twice at him before disappearing as the holo-projector's lens closed.

The hovering modules appeared under the robot's feet, creating a tick dust fog around him. A few seconds later, he was already far away from the garden. He reached the basement and hoped to see some Paramites along the way, but he crossed no one of them. He went across the ruins, his hovering reverberating in the entire wrecked part of the building. He finally got to the first floor and went straight to Arnie's office. The door was still closed but not locked anymore. According to his sensors, there was a Glukkon, and a Vikker inside. To avoid disturbing them, he just sent a message to the computer inside the room.

----------

"Back from patrol. Stockyards security re-activated. Encountered three Mudokons employees [See identification log below] near the railway crossing. Due to current restrictions, non-violent methods had to be applied. Refused cooperating and getting back into the factory. Currently outside of your office. Waiting for instructions.

----------

In the said report, the name of Anni appeared on the top of the list.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 04-06-2010 at 09:40 AM..
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Splat

ooc: I want to give Uros the chance to post once more before moving Dionysia and Krik; sorry, Ark (though timing was otherwise good ).

Crescent, no one's posts have affected you; Mindy, I think, is still in the station. She could possibly head to the boss's office and ask for a job (Arnie, the boss, is in his office with a vykker named Emlech, so she might have to wait outside for their meeting to finish, but SU, a big robot (kinda like a very advanced Snoozer, I believe), is outside and might make interesting conversation while you wait).

Gretin,

IC:
Jim looked up at Ralph, "It looks real," He muttered, then a couple of gunshots made him cower further.
A moment later, Anni stuck her head around the tree, "It's gone."
"Good," Jim muttered. "Look, Anni. I think we probably should get back to the factory anyway, once you're finished here."
She looked slightly sour but nodded, "I'm done, then. I finished just when you arrived, and," She looked sadly at the plants that SU had squashed, "There's not much I can do for that, I think."
"Right, let's get back, then."
Glad some sanity was returning to proceedings, Jim began leading the way back towards the factory.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Emlech smiled thinly, his only external reaction to his relief that Arnie was apparently unaware of his vykker's discoveries about Anni.
The garden thing was an interesting idea; maybe he should establish something similar at the lab, if it might keep her happier. "Well, I'm sorry she's been some trouble; I hope the other mudokons I provided you with at the time made up a little for that. She doesn't know I'm here or that I'll be taking her away; I thought it more proper to tell the boss before telling the slave, as it were. I don't mind going to find her myself, though if you could tell me where she might be, that would be a help. If I have any trouble persuading her to come with me, I might ask one of your sligs to give me a hand, if it's no trouble."

ooc: Ooh, another Snoozer video; I wonder if this is official?

Last edited by Splat; 04-06-2010 at 02:20 PM..
04-06-2010, 03:45 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: No problem Splat. I thought that that might be the case, thus the little vague, slight, time lapse in my post; to allow for something else to happen

I prepared .

04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: No problem, MeechMunchie Just a note, Hembar is no longer "invisible," kinda the opposite really what with the green glow. She'll be coming back around shortly though, don't worry

I'll post IC later (but hopefully not as later as I usually do )

04-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

SORRY! I have been busy in so damn many ways x3… (Well, I have to go to the medic since finally the leg wanted to die not really die, but it was hurting like hell) I hate medicine when it includes exercise… I am a lazy bum x3! I don’t like to go outside .

Well, let’s write sumthing x3!

Also, it is hard to get her wrong if he is acustomed to the normal Mudokons and this gets him more than confused... and angry, till now.

***IC***

Dbreak grunted, rubbing his tentacles before saying.

“Don’t know anymore, to say the truth” He grumbled “I got angry and more than trying to understand I was trying to repress the urge to bass your head against the wall” Dbreak admitted with a grin “I will admit something though: You enjoy my frustration way too much, alongside my confusion. This will be the only time, however; I will be working here until I see it fit to leave so you and I will have probably more chances to talk… I hope you don’t mind the next time will be in more peaceful manners”

He had finally calmed down a bit, probably simply because he was making a fool of himself and wanted that to end right now. The Big Bro never did hurt anyone that didn’t deserve it… and here he was sure that someone did deserve that, but not her.

“However, I will not remain angry with you. Those were only words I am used to and I simply… snapped” Shrugging, Dbreak relaxed a bit “The ones I will plan on meeting with less… friendly terms are those that made you what you are AND don’t tell me that you were like this the whole time” He grunted, not letting her say anything only in case “Say whatever you want, you are a different Mudokon but you are a Mudokon, just as I am a Big Bro… a Big Bro that DOES enjoy crushing if someone deserves it” Chuckling he turned “Which would mean, as I said, the ones that made you like you are. For now however… I will go to meditate for a while and ensure I calm down enough. Enjoy yourself, I am sure you will”

Walking away he sighed. Dbreak didn’t like to get that angry, didn’t like to be that… stupid… He needed to relax and talk with the boss whenever possible. Maybe KK7 was in one of the rooms near his previous spot? He walked that way, saluting gently at the Mudokon that was on his way and not paying any mind, or simply bumping away, the Vykker that was with him.

***OOC***

Seriously I thought by now he would try and kill her because he was at the verge of it… or relax, get back to his usual condescending form and manners and walk away in the friendliest way possible while still wanting to do some damage to someone. He has good memory so if he finds out the place will have spooze holes I tell ya x3.
-Half the world then?

DA:

Last edited by Uros Osium Tokker; 04-07-2010 at 04:09 AM..
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

IC:

-------Slen-------
"Your in here because you were late!?" Slen said reacting to Rick, he wasn't too happy to here this "I arrived from a transfer a little while ago, I should have met with the boss of this place by now" Slen said, he listened and could no longer hear shouting from the lab "sounds like the argument's over"

OOC:
I'll probably wake Flad up next post

My DA page.

04-07-2010, 11:24 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

"Alright then." said Arnie to Emlech. "I'll call someone to assist you in finding her." He turned back to his computer, and after a few voice commands and a message, #7 Slig hurried into the room.

"Yes sir?" he said, before noticing Emlech. "Oh, good day." he said to the Vykker.

"#7, this Vykker here is Emlech. You might remember him from a few years ago - we had an agreement about a couple of his Mudokons working here for a time." said Arnie. "He wants one of them - Anni - back."

"I see." said #7 Slig, listening.

"You're going to help him find her and assist Emlech in retrieving her. Have you seen her on the screens by chance?... Oh, hold on..." A sound came from the computer, showing a message coming from SU-01. Arnie read the message, then turned back to the others.

"Well, that makes things easier. SU says here that he saw Anni just now, near the railway crossing. I think that's where her garden is located..." Arnie had a look at the message again. "It might be a bit more difficult to get there though: SU says that he reactivated the Stockyards security system. He's just outside the Office though, so he could tell you more of the situation."

-------------------------------------

"Yep, that was my big crime." said Rick to Slen, shrugging. "Arnie seems to be in a temper these days, so maybe you don't want to see him at all. Speaking to Otto - his assistant might be a better idea. I guess he's around the Executive Office somewhere. Hey, and could you or someone else get me some water and a Scrab Leg from the Cafeteria? The servants of my resort are having a day off, so I don't get the usual feast on silver plates... you know how it is." he said, returning to his sarcastic tone.