Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

11-19-2005, 07:53 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Okay, more's bin added ter thar last chapter if yer interested.

11-20-2005, 10:13 AM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

: Oct 2005
: under your bed
: 82
HobbitNinj  (10)

Yay!

11-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

This is so retarded, my great audience. Since my time, I thought I was actually gonna get a new computer, last night of November 20th. Instead, this is what I got: NOTHING! My mom didn't explain to me how the computer wouldn't work without the software to install the bloody cudual...Well, my folks. I have indeed, the most depressing news brought down upon this, wonderous thread. I will not be getting my computer back, until near christmas, December 24th. I apologize to this dreadful announcement, folks. i was having high hopes as well, but things dropped down dead, once again. (right, Lobo?) Thank you, once again, Hobbitnij. I 'preciate you readin' with Lobo. I think it was getting kinda lonely to her when she didn't have a reading buddy to share with. I shall be departing now, but I shall return! (For I have an account on me mom's laptop, so I can get on whenever! It's gonna be like ol' times! slightly...)

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

11-21-2005, 07:40 AM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

HobbitNinj  (10)

Ahh... the wonders of "new" computer problems. My mom got me a "new" computer once. My step dad found this crappy homemade one that someone left behind when they moved out of an apartment( my step dad is a apartment maintance guy). Turns out my fabulous gift that I should have been "grateful" for was outdated AND had more viruses than you could shake a stick at.To add insult to injury I had to use that p.o.s. throughout highschool. So I know how it feels to be dissapointed when it comes to computer promises. Everything will turn out alright in the end I bet so keep your chin up! :cheers:

11-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I know how yer feel...I had an old one from England my grandparents gave me. It was crappy. I think it had more viruses that a dog having fleas. The thing kept on going ter a blue screen and kept freezing up, 'cause of somethin' I was so pissed off, I deleted everything that may of slowed the computer down. What I actually did, is that I deleted the most major parts that the computer had to function on, and I literally murdered it. But hey, I couldn't stand the bloody thing. It drove me nuts! Try playin' StarCraft with a crappy computer online, and you';ll see what I mean...

My main page ^^

11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

This time, I'M POSTING

GUARDIANS, THIEVES, AND INDUSTRY--The battle for Last Legs (cont.)

They passed the smoldering wreckage of the blockage the rebels had blown to pieces. Metal bars that acted as a support for the cement building was now melting a red-hot heat, bubbling down in to the ice-cold water, hissing steam as it went down. The river current was a bit more stronger without the dam that blocked the flow, so they went faster down the river, and didn’t waste too much time to get to Sekto’s dam. Nearly half-way down the river, Stranger slowed the boat down, holding back on the oars. They both looked at another blockage of the river, only the dam was much larger, and was literally a part of the canyon passage. Stranger grunted in anger, punching the edge of the boat and looking down at the water. Umi observed the canyon walls carefully for something else to get by the dam. She locked on the left wall, near the edge to the dam, then tugged on Stranger’s arm. When she got his attention, she pointed to the canyon wall. He squinted his eyes, getting a better picture of the thing she was pointing at. He saw a small crack in the canyon, leading in to a cavern of some sort. He smiled, and gave a grateful squeeze on her shoulder.
“That’s usin’ yer eyes, kid. Good work,” he smiled down to her. He turned the boat to the crack, then began to row vigorously towards it. The crack was large enough to fit the entire boat through. And what was inside was something remarkable to Umi. The cavern was tinted a teal-blue color, glowing off on to their faces. Giant brushes grew either on top of the cave, or beside them, near the water. As they got deeper, large plateaus of land towered over and nearly up top to the roof. But that didn’t interest them. It was what was on them that caught their full attention. Small shaven, crack shacks made of stone and tin roofs, stood abandoned on the shameless plateaus. Rickety bridges were held together with fleshy vines, leading to the other side of the abandoned cave town. Boulders that stuck out of the water had the same paintings that they saw back in the forest, when they were traveling to New Yolk city, but some were different. Next to the Steef guardian, was a small, spikey-haired character, wielding a spiked object out in front of it. Umi squinted as they got closer to it, then suddenly realized who that was. Stranger grinned at her expression when she realized.
“Well. I guess when they say yer gonna be a legendary part of a Steef guardian’s life, I guess they meant it,” he smiled back down to her again.
“Yeah…” she said absently. Her mind only concentrated on the painting. She and Stranger, fighting along-side to defeat the Sekto demon. She knew it was going to happen, but now she realized her destiny with Stranger. “But…how could anyone know? This place is a ghost town,” she looked back to him, then snapped back up. Small figures emerged from the dark corners of the shacks, watching the travelers pass by their feet high above. They smiled to them as they passed, knowing comfort would come to them soon. The plateaus ended, and so did the town. The Grubbs continued to watch them go. That gave them more confidence that Sekto would definitely go down, and so would his dam.
They popped out of the crack at the other end to a large body of water. The water turned sharply and tightly left around a bend. He stopped abruptly, both of them now staring in amazement. In front of them was Sekto Springs Dam, the most largest dam both of them has ever seen. She estimated that the dam reached nearly three miles in the air. A stronghold deathtrap. Up ahead near the entrance to the dam, Wolvarks patrolled on two separate water bases built in under the water. There was a large loudspeaker overhead the entrance to the dam. A Wolvark’s voice began to shout through it.
“Ok, boys! Those little peckerheads are up ter somethin’! So we’re going to lockdown! CAL 1, begin sequence! Shut down power to lock one!” the loudspeaker said. The head leader of the group on the left side of the water bases ran up to an activation key on the head of a ramp. It tapped in to the keypad quickly, then watched the show. A large lock began to slide down to the bottom-half of the lock, and twist roughly to the right. A gate side slid out from its coupling, stopping half-way closed. The rumbling of the water stopped.
“Ok! CAL 2, shutdown power to lock two!” the loudspeaker shouted again. The head leader of the other side of the water bases ran up the ramp to the keypad, and typed in to it. The second lock slid down to the bottom half, and turned right to lock it. Another door slid out of its coupling, and shut together. The entrance was now locked.
“Good! Nobody opens that door, nor let anyone open that door!” the Wolvark spoke, but didn’t shut off. A loud screech of feedback echoed through the canyon. “And I would like to announce another thing. Te-“ there was a loud grunt and thud, then silence. “Never mind, folks…” it grumbled angrily, then the loudspeaker shut off.

My main page ^^

11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

LOL! That last bit woz funny, and a good fragment all together, itchin' fer another update matie!

11-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah...Well, you still need to update. By the rate I've been sendin' you parts, you owe me...(adds up on fingers)...two fic parts! But, anyways. I like ter make me fans happy. So tomorrow, I'll probably update again. Until then, I'M GRIPING ON YOU! You need to update, 'cause I'm losin' me inspiration...

My main page ^^

11-22-2005, 12:25 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Good grief, alright, alright, I'll update, I'll update! Happy now?

11-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

yayayayayayayayayayayayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

My main page ^^

11-23-2005, 05:48 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Since I have ter go very quickly, I'll post up this lil' bit..

GUARDIANS, THIEVES, AND INDUSTRY--The battle for Last Legs (cont.)

Stranger growled thoughtfully, a smile beginning to widen on his face. He made an affirmative hum, then turned to Umi, her jaw low down near here neck.
“You ready, Umi?” he leaned up to her shoulder. She flinched from the timbre of his voice, then turned around.
“Huh?” she said, still a little stunned. He gave a low chuckle.
“Yer crack me up, kid,” he smiled, then rowed up to a ramp leading up to a small water dock. The dock was further away from the two water bases, and far enough for the Wolvarks to not see them. They both jumped out of the boat, careful no to make any loud noises to alert the Wolvarks, and walked up the top. He squinted hard to get a better view of the Wolvarks.
“Hang on…” he pushed an arm back to Umi to stop her, then crouched down with his eye close to his snooper device on his Steef bow. Five rounds of Snuzi darts was all he had. Using them wisely would be a tough thing to do. There were at least seven Wolvarks per base. Only five would lose their lives. He took aim directly on the leader Wolvark’s head on the first base. He grinned devilishly, then shot the Snuzi right at it. He could hear all the way from where he was, the loud shrill of the Wolvark that had a hole in its head now. The Wolvark slammed down on the fresh snow that led down in to the water, twitching its arm before it didn’t move again. It was a silent kill, so no one noticed, not even the shout the Wolvark let out. “Good…” he growled in satisfaction, then zoomed in on the other head Wolvark on base two. Four Snuzis left. He homed on the Wolvarks’ chest this time. Knocking the wind out of it while killing it quickly wouldn’t alert the closer ones. He got a view of the Wolvarks’ ribs under its arms. He paused a moment not to lose this sight, then shot. The Wolvark let out a quick gasp, then fell near the shore to the water. Only a handful left of the Wolvarks, with only three Snuzis left. He turned back to the first water base, watching closely, then smiled as if he had a plan. One Wolvark stood, while another was about to walk passed it. He held his finger on the trigger tightly. This would have to be perfect. If not, he’d miss one and he’d be caught. Right when they were horizontally aligned, he shot quickly without thinking. His prediction came right. The Snuzi passed right through the first blocking Wolvark, then swiped through and got the second Wolvark just barely. The Snuzi slightly stuck out of the second’s ribs, but deep enough to kill quickly. That only left a small amount on base one. He began to ignore the first base, moving right over to the Wolvarks of second base. All of them were still alive except the leader. He checked to see if he could do the same thing with the two Wolvarks that he got with one, but they didn’t stand out. Killing two birds with one stone was what he liked to do. Then, he heard a loud, upsetting yell from base one. He zoomed in on the shouting Wolvark. It had found the two bodies shot down. But before he could get the others attention, he shot it in the head, the corpse flopped upon the two bodies. Umi chuckled with Stranger. One dart left. This would be a challenge. And silence wouldn’t really be the essence of his plan. The Wolvarks were too close together to make a quick and silent kill. So he’d just put one out of its miserable life, then take down to ground zero. He locked on to the farthest Wolvark from the group, then kept on its strutting head with its walking pattern. It was tough to keep a lock on its head while it strutted around like a moron, so he might miss and cause an uproar. And the thing didn’t seem to stop moving.
“Damn it…” he growled annoyingly. Before he could even shoot, the Wolvark emerged in to the group. But that wasn’t bad. It was good. Moving in on with the group would mean another two-kill shot with one dart. Of course, one Wolvark stood still, while the walking one nearly passed it. He kept a lock on the standing one, then waited for the Wolvark to pass in front of it. Sure, it would cause an uproar, but it was worth it. The Wolvark was now passing. Hiis eye glinted, then shot. He was one second too late. The Wolvark that passed only got the hit, while the first one only got winded by the Wolvarks’ flinching body.
“What the hell!” it shouted, throwing the corpse off of its back. The others ran up around the dead body, then darted around suspiciously.
“Sniper! Sniper, we got’s a sniper, boys! Activate the rocket turrets!” a Wolvark shouted. The other ones across from them heard the shout, and ran up to the keypads that locked the gates. They typed in to it quickly, then two bulbous turrets with the same red eye from the shock tank came to life, right above the gate doors.
“Keep on high alert, boys! That sniper can’t be too far,” the Wolvark shouted. Stranger grunted in anger, dropping his arm right next to his legs.
“We can’t go on boat. They’ll notice us right away,” Stranger turned to Umi. She blinked at him blankly for a second, wondering what he was getting to. He nodded back behind her, and she spun her head around. She furrowed her brows confusingly, then turned around to him again. Her jaw dropped then. He nodded in agreement.
“No way,” she shook her head. But Stranger only nodded. “Uh-uh! I ain’t doin’ it!” her brows gone down angrily. Stranger only nodded his head, keeping a grin at the corner of his lip. “Stranger! Get it through yer head! That water’s below the god-damned freezing point! No way I’m goin’ in to that bowl of ice cubes!” she raised her arms. Stranger only nodded. He would do that just to annoy her, and to change her mind. She folded her arms across her chest, keeping her eyes off of him. She’d occasionally dart her eye to him, only he looking at her with a deceivable grin. Eventually, she’d give up. After nearly ten minutes, she gave a grieving sigh, dropping her arms heavily to her sides.
“Fine…” she grumbled. “You win,” she turned to him.
“Dun’ you worry, lil’ one. You won’t touch the water while I’m ‘ere,” he nodded.
“What about you? You’ll freeze ter death in that water!” she said.
We’ve been out in the cold fer the last three hours, Umi. And I ain’t even shiverin’. I don’t think a bunch of cold water will bring me down,” he nodded.
“I ain’t worried ‘bout that! I’m sayin’ hypothermia! When you can’t get warm, and you die from that!” she said. He let out a quick laugh.
“You worry too much ‘bout me, kid! You ain’t my mother!” he swiped her up in to his arm. She ci\limbed up on his shoulders, and sat with legs hanging over his chest.
“Not too close to the water, ok? I don’t mind my legs, but not deep to go to my waist,” she patted his head of hair. He nodded, then turned to the ramp, and walked down it. He slowly stepped a foot in, then the other, then completely submerged in to the water. Umi gasped at the water that soaked in to her bottom of her jeans.
“Christ, this water’s cold!” she faintly said. He mumbled an agreement, stroking his arms through the near-frozen water to the second water base. The beach led right directly under the Wolvark's feet, which made a perfect ambush point. Umi's legs were completely submerged under the arctic water, along with nearly her waist. Stranger's arm was popping out of the water, he loading on Howler Punks and viscious Bola Blasts galring at him with diamond-red eyes. He placed himself belly-flat on the beach, watching the first Wolvark close to him carefully. The Bola spider rubbed together its two hairy pinchers together, intent on getting the Wolvark right and fast. He waited for the right moment, when the Wolvark was going to turn right to him. It turned nearly to him, and his neon-green eyes glinted brightly. The Bola Blast was shot, a flurry of webbing spreaded over the Wolvark's entire body. Only its outline through the pure-white wrapping was all they saw of the Wolvark. He quickly bountied the Wolvark so it wouldn't make any noise to upset the others. They both stayed low, crawling on their stomachs over to the behind of a crane. The Wolvarks didn't notice a thing. But it would be a contraption to get through both the Wolvarks and the rocket turrets that homed in on familiar heat signatures, except the Wolvarks. The Howler Punks were first to come. He kept the little critter under the crane, knowing that the crane wouldn't activate, because it was under intense cold. The Howler began to curse out to the Wolvarks, Stranger watching them strut quickly over to the rodent. The last three began trying to stomp the Howler down in to the cold, cold snow. But unfortunetely, they had butter-legs. Quickly after the Wolvarks began to stomp over the Howler Punk, another flurry of white webbing swiped over their bodies in a blink of an eye. The Wolvarks began to mumble through the thick webs that covered their mouths, watching the Steef stand up to their legs. He looked over to the keypads to the gates, but grumbled at the fact of the rocket turrets. He slowly stepped up closer to the ramp. The mechanical eye spun around, then darted on to Stranger. He froze a second, then even slower, kept moving up. The turret made loud, pulsating beeps as he got closer. The closer he got, the beeps began to get quicker. Right when it was near to a hum, the turret's reticule homed in only to the Steef, and the rocket launcher whirred around.
"Crap..." he grunted, holding out his arms. The turret took a quick three second delay, then began to shoot rockets by the second out to the Steef. He jumped back, noticing the rockets couldn't get to his present position, but back behind the crane. However, Umi stayed where she was, wondering what Stranger was doing, since she was behind him while the turret locked on to him. She stared at the rocket turret, noticing it only moving with Stranger, and not locking on to her. She took a few steps forward, but the turret didn't hum to her. She squinted an eye, then grinned craftily, turning her head behind to Stranger.
"Don't worry, Stranger! I'm goin' fer the keypad!" she shouted.
"No, you will NOT!" he roared, walking out from behind the crane. The turret whirred again, and shot out rockets near the crane. He cringed back behind the crane, then bared his teeth to the turret.
"See? It goes after you, but not me. Watch!" she turned back around, then began to walk forward. The turret didn't watch Umi, but kept its red eye on the crane Stranger hid behind. She was at the head of the ramp, and the turret didn't do a thing. Stranger stared at it awkwardly. She then ran up to the keypad, watching the turret, then began to type to it. The lock groaned low, then twisted oppositely it originally went when it went to lockdown. The right gate door slid back in to its coupling again. She then ran back down the ramp to Stranger.
"How the hell..." he said absent-minded.
"The turret uses significant heat signatures, like Wolvarks, outlaws...Oddworldian things. Me, I'm a human. It doesn't recognize human's heat signature. So, I can unlock the doors," Umi explained. He began to grin widely.
"You lil' nerd," he chuckled, then glanced at the turrets. "Still need ter get rid of the lil' varmins..." he growled.
"Boom-bat Seekers..." she said in a reminder tone. He growled affirmatively, unlcoking his bow, and loading on the obnoxious 'bats. "Ready? Yer gonna have to get the turrets on yer own. My rifle's range of fire ain't that far to reach that bloody thing," she nodded to him. He nodded to her as well. "Ok...let's go..." she peeked over the crane's base. She then ran out near the water's beach, waiting for Stranger patiently. He poked his arm out over the crane's base, closing an eye tightly with one eye open on the turret. The turret's reticule hummed again, clicking its turret loudly and reloading its ammo chamber with another rocket. Stranger ran out, and shot the two Seekers off his bow. The Boom-bats fluttered in a small cluster with their drones, ticking like a time bomb towards the turrets. Stranger turned around to Umi, stampeding quickly up to the beach without looking back to see if the Boom-bats got the turret. He skidded to a stop in the snowy dirt, spinning around to the turret. It was only a smoldering black dot on the cemented dam. That only left one more. Back in to the water again, Stranger swam as quickly as possible towards the second water base. Umi gripped tightly to Stranger's chest as possible, but that didn't stop her from slipping off his half-frozen armor, and splashing in to the icy water. She screamed a frightful squeal when she resurfaced. Stranger spun back around, pulling Umi's arm up as she sank down. He rolled her close to his chest, and continued to swim through to the beach. He jumped on the fresh-powdered snowy ground, shaking off the dripping water on his armor and his luke-warm skin. Umi was crawling off the snow to the cement-based ground, shivering heavily as the drips of water coming off her hair turned to icicles.
"S-s-so....c-c-cold..." she huddled her limbs together near her chest, lowering her head between her knees. Stranger knelt in front of her, looking under her shabby, wet self, searching for her eyes.
"You ok?" he asked. She lifted her head up. She nodded shakily, then bent back down. He grumbled in concern, then darted to the turret. It didn't even detect him yet, which was good because nothing would bother him. He looked back down to Umi. She hasn't stopped shivering, but he noticed it got worse. "Umi?" he lifted her head. Her face was a flushed pale-white, with no hint of color. Something definitely wasn't right. "C'mon," he lifted her up in a tight bundle in his arms. Being in the wind wouldn't help her warm up. He rested her between two large crates. He unstrapped his armor covering his chest, and placed it over Umi. All he wore was his blue stretchy tunic. And by how that kept him more than warm, it should warm Umi up like a thermostat. He put his helmet right by Umi, then blinked at her.
"Where...y-you goin'-n?" she looked up to him.
"Shh...You stay put. I'ma put that turret out fer its own good," he glared quickly at the turret.
"B-b-but...it'll get you..." she shuffled uneasily.
"I ain't lettin' you go out in yer condition. Stay 'ere, and warm up," he said firmly.
"Stranger..." she reached an arm out, but he didn't tjurn around. His bow unlocked with both barrels loaded with Boom-bat Seekers. He began to take steps forward, watching the turret carefully. The eye whirred around, then darted to the approaching Steef. Stranger didn't stop, taking bigger steps forward, and increasing his pace faster. The eye made the same beeping noise as a proximity mine, as the Steef came closer, the beeping got faster. Stranger's arm was lifting. He knew the turret would reload then shoot at him, so he'd be ready for anything the turreet shot. He wasn't in range yet to shoot the Seekers. But as he got closer, time would run out before it'd shoot. He stopped right near the head of the ramp, hearing the beeping near to a close hum. He let out a heavy sigh, closing his eyes, and bowing his head down. He focused carefully on the beeping of the turret. His eyes suddenly popped open, then ran up the ramp to the keypad. The turret made a clicking noise, reloading its chamber with a rocket. That would give some time to Stranger to get the turret. He peeked out behind a pillar near the keypad, holding out his arm, and shot both barrels to the turret. But as the 'bats got closer, so did the rocket get closer to his present position. He began to run back from the rocket's range, hearing the quick explosion of the turret coming in to impact with the Boom-bat Seekers and its drones. He looked back, seeing another smoldering black spot on the dam's wall. Now all he had to worry about was the fast-approaching rocket. As his speed was doubled since in his bounty hunter state, the rocket was dropping faster than him. He was down the ramp, and the rocket was still on his tail. It didn't hit the ground, but followed him as he ran.
"Huh?" he growled, looking behind him. Umi's head popped out between the crates, watching Stranger stampede right by her, then the rocket.
"THEY'RE HEAT-SEEKING!" Umi screamed. "IT'LL FOLLOW YOU UNTIL IT'S GOT YOU!" Stranger growled angrily. One turret was basic, but the other was advanced? How stupid could the Wolvarks get? Why didn't they make them BOTH heat seeking, not that he'd want those. He was quickly approaching the water, his dead end point. He glanced back, seeing the rocket not stopping to him. He grunted uneasily, then leaped in to the air. He flew barely over the metal base, over top the glassy surface of the water. It seemed he was moving in slow motion, the rocket's flaring sound echoing loudly through his hollow mind. He watched as he slowly got closer to the water. He shut his eyes tightly, then felt the cool splash of the water break all over his face. His body felt the tingle overwhelm him, until he was totally under water. The rocket passed over the splash, leaving a thick river of smoke overhead of the water. it jettosened up in to the air, wildly twisting and turning until it vertically winded up in to the air. Stranger kept himself under the surface until he though it was safe to come up. He looked up from underneath, watching the smokey tail of the rocket continue to go up. He could hear faint, but loud screaming of a small voice screech overtop him
"STRANGER!" Umi screamed to the top of her voice. She coughed quickly, then continued to scream. "STRANGER, YOU CRAZY BASTARD! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?" she cried loud. He resurfaced, taking in the cold air deeply. He could hear sobs coming off the top of the water base, knowing immediately it was Umi.
"I'm...I'm ok, Umi. You can stop yer bawling..." he panted. She crawled to the edge of the base, gripping tightly to the metal edge.
"Yer crazy, Stranger! Going in to that water without your armor! You'll be like me within a second, now get yer ass out'a that water, NOW!" she cried. Stranger heaved a heavy laugh.
"Would you stop actin' like yer my mother? Yer only thirteen!' he swam to the beach quickly. He grappled deeply in to the stone-cold ground of the beach, and dragged himself out of the water. He stood straight, then shook off the water streaming off his water-proof tunic. Umi was crawling up to him with all her remaining strength that she exerted, up to his legs.
"Yer crazy, you bastard, you're crazy..." she supported herself up with Stranger's arms.
"I though I told you to stay put," he grinned. She slightly smiled up to him.
"Now don't you start actin' like my dad, Stranger," she whispered. She pulled off his armor piece, giving it to him with a heavy grunt. "This time, you put this on," she said.
"Oh no. You put that back on. Yer supposed ter warm up," he firmly declined. She grinned.
"Stranger, this thing warmed me up faster than that rocket chased you. I don't want to get too hot so that I'd get Hyperthermia, rather than Hypothermia..." she said. He chuckled deep in his throat.
"Fine, but if yer still cold...Just, tell me," he nodded, slipping over his poncho again. Umi ran back over and grabbed his helmet, which was half as heavy as his poncho, and raised it up to his head. He knelt down to her level, and she carefully put it on without tugging his hair in the wrong way.
"Thank yeh, kindly," he raised back up, straightening his helmet out properly. His hair stuck out in thick strands, raising up near the curling horns of his golden-brass helmet, making it look like the horns were actually attatched to his head. And still, the blue armor he wore made him look lighter, more likely he's changed more ever since they'd met, and since the de-pantsing trial with D. Caste Raider, and the Grubb's attack. And she's also changed, phisically and mentally. She's recognized she was stronger than the times she'd been on Halo and the Master Chief. Plus, her strong attatchment to Stranger. It was totally unbreakable, no matter the dangers or the possibility of a dramatic change in life. Nothing would break their bond. Stranger looked awkwardly to Umi's eyes.
"You ok?" he cocked his head sideways to her face. It took her a moment for Stranger's words to sink in to her shallow mind. She blinked out of her thoughts.
"Huh?" she said, looking in to Stranger's eyes.
"I think the cold is gettin' ter yer brain, kiddo. Let's get in to the dam," he nodded, then turned to the ramp. She hesitated to move, then proceeded forward. She touched the cold keys of the keypad, nearly frozen to the touch. She began to press hardly down on the half-frozen keys, remembering the buttons she used for the first gate door. She struck the enter key, and stood back. The lock shuddered loudly, then twisted oppositely from whence it locked. The lock slid back up to unlocked position, and the left gate door slid back in to its coupling again. The gates were wide open for their invasion, which was going in to action, right now.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 11-26-2005 at 06:56 AM..
11-23-2005, 06:02 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Eeeee, hypothermia's the last thing they need right now. Oo oo, cliffhanger o.O what'll happened next!?

11-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Yeah. Yer hate me fer tha' don't'cha?

My main page ^^

11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Nah, don't hate yer, but wish you'd update soon.

11-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Maybe...just maybe, I'll update on this piece I've sent out...Keep yer eyes open

My main page ^^

11-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

There you go, enjoy!

My main page ^^

11-25-2005, 10:48 AM
HobbitNinj
Stingbee

HobbitNinj  (10)

So sorry that I have not been o the forums lately. I had a 3,000 word report that I had to work on. I really wish that I could sic a fuzzle on my professor for that... any who I hope they will be okay. When it came to the Titanic disaster, the victims died after less than thirty minutes from exposer. Those who were picked up from the water by lifeboats suffered from mild to severe frostbite and many were overcome by hypothermia. The water there was only 28 degrees F. so I hope Umi wasn't in the water too long and that the water wasn't that cold. Either way I would hope they find a cave or something soon and warm her up. Drying out her clothes wouldn't be a bad idea if she had brought a change of clothes....sorry about the umm...rambling. I just get a little carried away with the biology and medical aspects of things sometimes. Keep up with the fantastic work Dark Elite!

11-25-2005, 11:10 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

'You lil nerd'

...LOL! That made me laugh and yeh, agree with Hobbitninj, Stranger's gonna havta warm Umi up or she'll freeze...*is suddenly reminded of certain PM* Mwahahahahahaha. Sorry, couldn't help it, I mean come ON...

11-26-2005, 05:50 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

I got's a question fer you Hobbitninj. Did you read my story...ALL the way back ter the first post?
And Lobo...:in an ominous voice: "I'll get yer later..."

My main page ^^

11-26-2005, 06:51 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Was that a threat dear Darky? Ooo, I do believe it was. Catch me if you caaaaaan! Still love the story by the way, very nive Umi/Stranger relationship... Am I evil? oh yes.

11-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Dear old friend. We're only here to dicuss our feelings towards something, not to dish it out on one of yer bestest best friends. (I'll see you in the PM's, Lobo, m'dear. )

My main page ^^

11-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Because I am so ultimately cheap, I shall preview this small section of story I typed up. Garsh, I'm a cheap bastard...

GUARDIANS, THIEVES, AND INDUSRTY--The battle for Last Legs (cont.)

They returned to the dock behind the water bases, and placed themselves in to the boat. Stranger placed his hands on the handles of the oars, and pushed off the ramp, rowing towards the opened gates. The inside was about as big as the entire dam. Racks of moving tracks transported barrels of something above their heads. The sides were small narrow platforms of dock ties. Another gate was wide open for them, and the inside was nothing but a small room of water. He slowed the boat down as they entered, looking high above the misty room.
“What the hell’s this place supposed ter be…” Stranger trailed off, blinking high up still. The gates behind them now closed, leaving them trapped in the elevator shaft. He growled uneasily, snapping his head all over the place. Umi touched his arm, which made his head dart down to her.
“Calm down…We’re not trapped,” she said soothingly. Stranger sighed, flaring his nostrils.
“Hope yer right…” he purred loudly, looking back up. Trickling sounds became louder. Then a burst of water gushed out of barred pipes in the walls, falling in to the pool they drifted in. The room began to rapidly fill up, moving them higher up to a closed gate with a black-yellow checkered waterline. When the water touched that particular line, the water slowed down to a mere drop of water. The gates slid open, revealing another long line of a waterway, but with the gates closed ahead of them. A small ramp dock held out to them on their right with a dock tie as well. He bumped the boat on to it, beaching it from drifting away in to the waterway. They both jumped out of the boat carefully, not to knock the boat out of place. A higher platform held nothing more but Wolvarks, mostly automatics, with armor-plating vests. Snipers were perched above pipes simply, with their night-vision goggles placed over their beady black eyes, and a Laser rifle. It reminded Umi of the Beam rifle, since it was similar to the stream of piping-hot plasma. The thing overheated like the bloody weapon, which made it hard to handle. Stranger held low under the platform’s wall, peeking over the edge to the ramp which led up to the Wolvark security guards. Metal crates populated the gash beside the walls of the dam, which would, quite possibly, make an easier attempt to get the Wolvarks quietly. But then he glanced up to the snipers. They’d make dinner out of them quickly than having a Thanksgiving dinner at their grandmother’s house. The snipers had to go, and quick. Stranger had no Snuzis, which made his problem more troublesome. Umi’s rifle would make too much noise. The only thing left was his plan B objection: Swiftly, but noisily. He unlocked his bow, loading on Super Stingbees and Riot Slugs. He quickly looked down to Umi, giving a shallow nod.
“Yer ready?” he said. Umi slung her rifle in front of her arms, cocking it off of safety with seriousness.
“Damn-straight,” she didn’t even grin, but nodded. He growled, then headed up the ramp to the first Wolvark that he caught off-guard. The Wolvark stumbled over from the shrapnel of the exploded Riot Slug that shot its spikes everywhere around the Wolvarks. The snipers jumped in surprise, lighting its rifle, and taking careful aim. Umi knelt down, and spewed bullets among the Wolvarks. The bullets peppered among their uncovered bodies, sending them back down over the pipes, and landing on the platform with bloody tattered bodies. That left them with an easy approach, since the snipers were quickly done and away with. More armored Wolvarks with automatics emerged from behind the metal crates, with their goggles over their faces, and breathing hoarsely underneath their gas masks.
"There's that bloody Steef and human..." a Wolvark growled with its phlemy voice. The Wolvarks reloaded their rifles, still watching the Steef closely. What they didn't notice was the human, knelt down by Stranger, with her rifle at arm. She grinned, then pulled the trigger. Bullets spattered along the Wolvark's vests, blood popping out of the bullet holes she created. Two Wolvarks cringed back behind the crates, occasionally peeking out over, and shooting random fire. It was like playing a game of whack-the-mole. It was difficult, and quite annoying. The Wolvarks kept popping out. A couple bullets were shot again. The bullets sprang along the cement base, pieces of rock plucked upon Umi's face, temporarily blinding her. The Wolvarks snickered maliciously, then both poked out and shot a few rounds. Umi felt a hot pain run through her shoulder, three hot pains. Her eyes popped open, gazing up at the ceiling, clenching her shoulder, and slumping back over her heels. Hot tears trickled down her burning face, irritating her skin.
"They got me they got me..." she whispered up to Stranger. He nodded, stepping in front of her, holding out his bow to the crates. The Wolvarks were playing their hide-n-seek game again, hiding behind the crates again. He growled irritatingly, loading on two Boom-bat Seekers on both launchers. He shot one Seeker at a pile of crates, blowing off the tops of the crates, and revealing a Wolvark's head. He shook his head at the Wolvark as it reloaded its rifle, and shot the second Seeker at it. The two drones that emerged from under the 'bat's wings fluttered right by the Seeker. The time-bomb was on for that Wolvark. Stranger moved up, ignoring the bloody screech of the Wolvark exploding. He bashed away the second pile of crates, revealing the other Wolvark, quivering in fear. Obviously, he had heard the terrible tragedy of his partner, and was afraid to face his fate. His most terrible, horrific fate.
"Din't think I'd find yeh, huh?" Stranger grinned craftily, leaning closer to the frightened security guard. The Wolvark let out a quick squeal affirmative. Stranger let a low chuckle out, then frowned. "Well,, now I did..." Stranger leaned back, pointing his bow in front of the Wolvark's face. Rabid Fuzzles growled angrily at the Wolvark's goggles with glowering blood-red eyes. Next thing you know, that Wolvark is also screeching in pain, wailing itself around, trying to wipe the Fuzzles off its face. Stranger left the Wolvark to its pain, and walked back to Umi. Three bullet holes were shot in her right shoulder. Her vest was soaked in her blood. She poked her fingers in to two of the holes, wincing in intense pain. She scraped out two circular bullets from two holes, and reached in to the last one. She hissed more painfully, as she scraped out the last bullet. It chinked on the cement, and she let out a lud sigh.
"Got me good, buddy...Got me good..." she looked up to him. Stranger let out an affirmative grumble, kneeling down to her, and observing her shoulder. it was ringed with a circle of blood. The wounds sparkled red of blood inside.
"Better get that thing wrapped, kid. Or you'll bleed ter death," Stranger nodded.
"There's nothin' to help me out, Stranger..." Umi groaned. He had to agree.
"Well, let's get that thing washed out first..." he moved her gently to the end of the ramp, and scooped some water in his hand. He dribbled it over the open wounds, Umi hissing at the cool pain of the water dabbing on. The blood turned darker as the water soaked in. The icy touch dissappeared quickly. Stranger blinked at the wounds again, then back to Umi's eyes.
"Better?" he asked gently. Umi tried her best to look at the bullet holes, but grunted an affirmative.
"Think I'ma get a bruise there..." she smiled weakly. Stranger let out a soft chuckle.
"Think yer insane..." he grinned, pushing away a strand of half-frozen hair from her face. She blinked confusingly at his for a second.
"Think we're wastin' time ter get up to Sekto..." she let out a laugh. Stranger nodded, then began to look up and down of the large facility. He looked back to the closed water gate, beginning to think there was another activation key to start the thing up. He looked directly above the gate, seeing a pulsating white light blink overtop something. Usually, he saw those over the same activation keys he'd go at.
"There's the lil' sucker..." Stranger grinned up at the light.
"I think I'll walk..." Umi lifted out of his cradling arms. She stopped the pressure on her hurt arm, then wobbled back up. Stranger stood back up as well.
"Don't trip back in ter that water, kid," he chuckled lowly. Umi scowled back to him, walking up the ramp passed the blackened crates, with specks of blood and meat stuck upon it. The snipers were becoming caked with its own blood, laying more tattered up-close rather than far away. Seemed like Umi got a good shot off of them than she thought. Stranger passed Umi, looking back and grinning playfully to her.
"You think yer funny, huh? Wanna play rough, huh? Ok, then...Bring it..." Umi spreaded her arms out challengingly out to him. Stranger howled a laugh.
"Yer already hurt enough, lil' one. I don't wanna hurt you s'more!" Stranger walked backwards, facing Umi.
"No pain, no gain!" Umi slapped her fist in to her palm. She cringed in pain from the shock up to her shoulder. She snorted angrily to his eyes, but he only grinned playfully. Umi sped up her pace to him, holding out a fist above and behind her head. Stranger hunched down a little, watching Umi trample towards him. She howled out a battlecry, flinging her fist towards his arm. He, on the other hand, took the shock of her punch in to his palm, and grasped on her wrist. He swung her around under his arm, and began to sprint up the second ramp up nearer to the keypad. Umi flailed at his chest, arm, and near his neck, growling angrily.
"You little prick! This isn't fair!" she snorted, her face turning a flush red. She pushed outward from under his arm. He felt her trying to wiggle out of his arm, then tightened around her waist. She huffed through her nose, glaring up to him. He got faster and faster up the ramp, until he stopped at the top. Then he let Umi down. She knelt on the ground, her hair falling over her flushed face. He knelt right by her.
"Give up?" he chuckled. Umi shot a hateful glance under the waterfalls of hair. She snorted again, looking back down in embarrassment and anger.
"Whatever..." she stood back up, placing her hair back in regular placing.

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 11-28-2005 at 02:02 PM..
11-26-2005, 04:17 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

*crosses arms and taps foot* Not that I'm sayin' it's bad or nothin', just...WHERE'S THE FLUFF! Ahem, sorry, had to get that out of the system...anyway, there is a lack of fluff DE, I mean, really, you're not as bad as me, putting it everywhere, but some fluff would be nice...and yes, I can see what's coming, 'At least I updated!' to which I reply, 'Ah, yes I guess I deserved that' and go and try and write something to spite you...oh wait, I've just given it all away...DRAT! Stupid rambling tendancies... ¬_¬

11-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Tsk..tsk..tsk...I TOLD YOU I'M INCREDIBLY CHEAP!
But don't you worry. the story ain't done yet. And the utmost fluffiest part of the entire story is yet to come.

My main page ^^

11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

*still grumpy from giving it away* Yeh well...it better be good...I'll just go and write something now...

11-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Sorry, Lobo! But the writing shop is officially ca-losed fer the night! But don't'cha worry thar, ol' buddy! I'll be typin' tomorrow! Be patient, like I've been patient with you! By the way! When ARE you gonna post up soon!?

My main page ^^

11-26-2005, 04:38 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Er...*shifty eyes*...Soon? Hey, the PM's are giving me loads of inspo so maybe sooner then yer think.

11-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Mhm...They're gettin' rather interestin' right now...

My main page ^^

11-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

There's a lil' more fer you to yell at me fer, Lobo.

My main page ^^

11-27-2005, 01:19 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! More fic!...But it ain't fluffy yet DE...*whines* where's the fluff already?...T'was good anyway.