Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

08-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Ah, very good pick up on that Max. It appears I've made a mistake.

I'll quickly rectify the situation:

First: Alcar via PM
Second: Xavier via Post
Third: Alcar via PM

I've also attached an image of a thread in Employee Lounge that clearly states that I sent the first warning, just because I know you'll want to accuse me of lying

Alcar...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grig-banning.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	94.6 
ID:	1107  
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-23-2003, 09:59 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2003
: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

I only got 1 of your PM's! So, do you have a copy of both PM's? I have a copy of the one I actually got... i'd be willing to show you...

08-23-2003, 10:09 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

There is no doubt you do have a copy. However, my Private Messages have all been deleted, by myself a few days back. Which I might add, was before you were unbanned. At the moment I only have 2 PMs in my Inbox. The other PMs I have are in the Message Tracking folder.

I don't know why you wouldn't have my PM informing you of your third overall warning. I might have shut the window too early, as I usually do when posting in threads (it's a way of saving bandwidth).

However, aside from that. I don't see the big deal with the third PM. You would have been banned anyway, and unable to see the PM, until you were un-banned. Which is how it is for everyone that is banned, they recieve the final warning before they are banned, but are usually not concurrently online at the time they are banned.

Would you like to suggest we should email members upon being banned? Or should members know that they have done the wrong thing?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-23-2003, 12:13 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

I think the Member being banned should be e-mailed by the mod banning them. The mod will expain what they've done wrong, tell them the amount of time they are to be banned, and then the banned member has the chance to ask the mod that banned him to contact a few people from the forums and to give them his/her e-mail address. I was left in the dark as to why I was banned, and I didn't like it...

08-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Oddfan
Thudslug

: Jul 2003
: United States of hippocracy
: 172
Oddfan  (10)

about the hitler thing. hitler is EVIL he killed millions just because they didn't agree with him sure he didn't kill everybody himself but he did infact gave the orders.he had people tortured starved to death stoned hanged. how about all the jews he had them as slaves alls they were doing is trying to get away the jews wern't fighting they were starving and none of that stuff joshy said is true america is perfectly fine what you do get that from a canadian joke book? do you guys have any brains at all he was evil and he attacked america first.Bythe way I support the war and i'm am sick about all this bad talk about America if you don't like America you don't like me!go ahead ban me but it's better than being with a bunch of anti-america racist nazis.

So God bless Isreal and God bless America

08-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

Okay, first of all, what the ****?
And second of all, what the ****?!!
Don't cry good sir, for the love of god hold back those tears.
And no, Japan attacked America first (well that's what has been said, there are other stories). Get your shit sorted.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

08-23-2003, 12:18 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Originally posted by GrigtheSlig
I think the Member being banned should be e-mailed by the mod banning them. The mod will expain what they've done wrong, tell them the amount of time they are to be banned, and then the banned member has the chance to ask the mod that banned him to contact a few people from the forums and to give them his/her e-mail address. I was left in the dark as to why I was banned, and I didn't like it...
If you've been given two warnings already, the third warning is most likely going to be a repeat of the preceding two. You weren't left in the dark, either. I think it would have been pretty clear, if you had of read the rules what you had been doing wrong.

In fact, you are the only member to complain thus far at a banning I've delt out. Most members realise their mistakes, and are able to admit them.

Oddfan, we aren't going to ban you on your beliefs or opinions. We have many Catholic / War / Anti-Nazi members on the forums, though they still remain intact. Unfortunately.

Kidding

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-23-2003, 12:20 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

If you read back, I was the one that said Hitler was evil! Alcar was the one that was saying he felt bad for him!

08-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Oddfan
Thudslug

Oddfan  (10)

whoa that came out of nowhere
by the way it's Christian anti nazi member.
and the nazis made the first couple of attacks but japan did make the war starting attack.

08-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
If you read back, I was the one that said Hitler was evil! Alcar was the one that was saying he felt bad for him!
I felt sorry that Hitler was portrayed as he is today. Joshy's post about Hitler being a very stable minded person is a reality. Sure it's fun and all to make fun of the name, heck some people call me it at School (not as a nickname though).

We are also, wavering from the original topic of this thread. If there is anything else you'd like to add, please go ahead. Although, you're only digging your own grave by doing so.

By the way, some added light humour. I used to be a blonde on the verge of white coloured hair with dark blue eyes when I was younger

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Oddfan
Thudslug

Oddfan  (10)

okay I wouldn't normally support the war but were doing it for good reasons most people think that america just wants oil and blood shed we wanted to help iraq by getting rid of there horrible leaders.why so horrible you might ask well for one example the iraq people built a stadium in hope of having football instead the goverment turns it into a torture arena where they hang and stone and whip people to death cut of appendages for punishment and sliting there throats while there hanging those people by there arms so were not doing this for blood shed it's to save iraq from people like saddam.

anyway i hope we can have peace in the forums meanwhile

08-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Oh, whoop-de-doo, looks like we're boardering on nationalism again.

:
by the way it's Christian anti nazi member.
Just out of interest, what did you mean by that?

:
none of that stuff joshy said is true america is perfectly fine what you do get that from a canadian joke book? do you guys have any brains at all he was evil and he attacked america first.Bythe way I support the war and i'm am sick about all this bad talk about America if you don't like America you don't like me!
Then I don't like you. Just this morning I learnt that America has circumnavigated harmful emissions regulations, and are once again producing 25% of carbon emissions in the world.

Anyway, this is stuff for Off-Topic, just as "I used to be a blonde on the verge of white coloured hair with dark blue eyes when I was younger," is. Let's get back on topic by discussing the most important thing of all: Alcar's screen shot.

Jesus! How many icons have you got in your systray and Quick Launch bar?? Do you have any idea how much they drain system resources. If you were to get rid of them, you could probably boot up your computer several minutes faster! I'm pretty sure you don't need them all there, you've got Netscape Navigator when you're clearly using IE. Also, you haven't got the latest version of Media Player.

08-23-2003, 09:12 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Are we still talking about the banning? Get over it guys! What's done is done!

Anyway.....about Hitler. The man had lampshades made out of human skin. Someone like that has no regard for human life and wouldn't qualify as a nice guy.

08-24-2003, 03:38 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Just for the record, us normal mods cant ban people. We only issue warnings if need be. Super mods and admins are the only people who have the power to ban forum members.
08-24-2003, 02:15 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

I know that Al, plus I actually like you as a person. I think that Alcar should be removed from his title, either that or take some time off.

08-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
I know that Al, plus I actually like you as a person. I think that Alcar should be removed from his title, either that or take some time off.
You're suggestions have been noted, taken into consideration, but not implemented.

Removing me of my title doesn't demote me in anyway, so I can't see how that would affect me... Taking time off might be of consideration in the next two years, during my Higher School Certificate years. Though, I probably won't.

Alcar..
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Come on guys, Alcars not that bad. If he was ousted from his spot things would eventually start going backwards, and we would be where we were again after the whole "situation" a year ago.

If you want progress and good progress, Alcars staying hes done a really good job in trying to keep this place running smoothly. Well, you have my opinion. Please respect it.
08-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Peter seems to take more time off than any of us here. He doesn't need any more time off. j/k

I don't have a problem w/ him. I think this is the only complaint we've ever had about him. Apart from ones from Majic and Joshy, but they always complain about Peter!!!

Anyway, Al is right, this place would fall apart without him. Although I am aiming to be around a lot more now ... in the past few months and more particularly during the time I was having all my personal problems at the end of last year/start of this year, if it weren't for him god knows what would have happened to this place. I really appreciate all he has done for OWF, and I'm sure many other members do too.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-24-2003, 02:37 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Yeah, it kinda doesn't work trying to get someone to get rid of themselves. I really don't think it should be up to you to decide when or when not for you to go...I think the Members should be able to decide for themselves who they don't think does their job correctly. Maybe you'll note and consider this too, but not implament it.

Alright Al, I respect your oppinion, but that doesn't mean I don't have one of my own. There are plenty of other members who would be able to keep things from going backwards.

08-24-2003, 02:41 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Grig you're not banned anymore, so what's the problem? You've posted your opinion many times and Alcar isn't goin' anywhere, so just drop it buddy. It's for the best.

08-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Yeah, it kinda doesn't work trying to get someone to get rid of themselves. I really don't think it should be up to you to decide when or when not for you to go...I think the Members should be able to decide for themselves who they don't think does their job correctly. Maybe you'll note and consider this too, but not implament it.
If it helps you sleep better, I will not be appearing on the Moderator listings for any forums except Forum Suggestions & Help after the new Moderators are instated. All of the forums I was previously listed for will be given to the new Moderators

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

:

Alright Al, I respect your oppinion, but that doesn't mean I don't have one of my own. There are plenty of other members who would be able to keep things from going backwards.
Thats fine, you are entitled to your opinion here, and no one can take that way from you.

I just dont understand why everyone is saying we abuse our power and that we should be made to step down, the members elected us, and they did so with the belief that we would be the mods for a very very long time. From what I have seen no one has really abused their power.

People will always have opposite opinions no matter what, and we all just have to deal with it, and try to get along. Grig felt he was banned unjustly, and provided support. But also, Alcar provided his opinion, and stated his reasons, along with providing evidence, and support as well. This is just one example of how things will range different.

But just because of this regardless whether Alcar was wrong or right, or Grig was wrong or right. I dont believe this would ever constitute that Alcar should step down from a position he earned from his actions here as a normal member starting off, and all that he has done in his time at OWF with helping Abe Babe run this site to their best abilities, along with the rest of us too.

We all have to work together if we want this site to be a fun place, and run smoothly like it has in the past too.
08-24-2003, 03:15 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

I didn't say everyone has to lose their Modship, just Alcar. I didn't say every mod abuss their power, just Alcar. I didn't say all mods are stupid, just Alcar. I like everyone else! Plus, it's not like since I started complaining people began to join the "I hate Alcar" wagon, alot of people haven't liked Alcar for a while.

08-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
I didn't say everyone has to lose their Modship, just Alcar. I didn't say every mod abuss their power, just Alcar. I didn't say all mods are stupid, just Alcar. I like everyone else! Plus, it's not like since I started complaining people began to join the "I hate Alcar" wagon, alot of people haven't liked Alcar for a while.
That's just plain immaturity. People liked me, until you started spreading rumours through OddChat or MSN. You had obviously rallied people, which was clearly evident in Sligslinger's sudden attack on me.

He seems quite calm and relaxed now.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-24-2003, 03:32 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Yeah, i'm so infuential. When I first signed up for the forums someone told me to watch out for you, but I can't remember who...oh well, the point is that people didn't like you before I joined. ecause I said something, they figured they could get their opinion out too! I wonder what would happen if I made a poll to see who likes Alcar and who doesn't? HMMMM.

And I didn't rally people, sligslinger wasn't even talking to me!

08-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

:
Yeah, i'm so infuential. When I first signed up for the forums someone told me to watch out for you, but I can't remember who...oh well, the point is that people didn't like you before I joined. ecause I said something, they figured they could get their opinion out too! I wonder what would happen if I made a poll to see who likes Alcar and who doesn't? HMMMM.

And I didn't rally people, sligslinger wasn't even talking to me!
I'm sure there are people who don't like me. But then, that's life. You've been played a fool, Grig. You've done the dirty work of all those people who hate me. They haven't been named of course, because they are hiding. But you have, and because of it, have tarnished your name, not theirs.

Create a poll by all means

I'm pretty sure you did rally people, as Sligslinger spoke about the same things that you are.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

08-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I probably do know these people, but dont know which ones are the hiding away, because they dont want to speak out, or whatever reasons it may be. So I cant really make a decision about those people until that time they finally wish to speak out. Until then they will remain the way they are, hidden.

I do know of a few people who have always been jealous of Alcar's position, and were always after his job. Now, I think a lot of these people dont come here anymore, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, there will always be these people. If someone else were alcar, many of these same people would claim he was bad and didnt deserve his position. On the other hand, maybe not. The thing is we will never know someones true motives, or thoughts, etc. I guess the only thing to do is try and decipher what they believe by either trusting what they say or through their actions.

But once again, thats just the way society is, and how it works.

I just feel that all of us should focus on more positive things, rather than continuously argueing with each other. It really doesnt get us anywhere, it moves us backwards instead of forwards.

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-24-2003 at 08:21 AM..
08-24-2003, 04:41 PM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

I never liked you, Alcar. And I'm not alone in that.

My bowels hurt.

08-24-2003, 04:54 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

:
Originally posted by old and not so tasty
I never liked you, Alcar. And I'm not alone in that.
See! He didn't like you before I was even here! I think it's because you act so stuck up and arrogent! Maybe you just act like this on the web, and are pretty nice in the real world, but i'd change your adittude on OWF before you make more enemys!

Oh yeah, where would I have to put the poll? Here, or in Off topic? I just don't want to give you a reason to ban me!

08-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Grig, not everybody is going to like everybody. There are always people who will hate Alcar regardless of what he does.

Do you really have to make a poll about it? Seriously, what would you gain from it? The only thing it would do is make Alcar feel bad.