Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

06-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Now THAT"S high Res! Thank's much, Chris!

06-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I cant believe I missed those when I went on Gamespot. Anyways heres another Concept art picture of the boat. A cool idea is maybe the character would use the boat like to travel to the different locals on oddworld along the path he must take to get to his ultimate goal. Similar to what I saw in another game before, where you have to use a boat to go to different areas. But the boat would be playable, and you would have to manuever, around enemies or fight, collect things,etc. Anyways just an early thought. Heres the image.

06-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Gryph the Slig
Stunk

: May 2003
: Not where you are.
: 49
Gryph the Slig  (10)

Ooh! I missed a lot...

I have to admit that it doesn't look too 'oddworldish' to mefrom the pictures I've seen... throw in a few extra arms here and there, that would help... But that doesn't bother me much. I'm just glad to see this stuff!
06-19-2003, 01:07 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by Chris Co Depot
dunno if u guys have seen this or not ( i didn't really have the time to look through all the posts) but if U havn't theres stuff at gamespot.com also

sorry if this has already been posted, like I said I really didn't have time to go through all the posts to see if anyone had found it already.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventu...tle/index.html
Wow thanks! I bet Gamespot will have the X-Factor video on there site a few days (possibly shorter) after it airs.
06-19-2003, 01:24 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Stupid "have to pay us to see it" memberships.

I hate thoes.

06-19-2003, 01:54 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I really like those high res pictures it really brings the clearity. One thing though why the hell are we judgeing this game already? First of all everything looks absolutly amazeing. Those enviorments look pretty lush to me and looks to have a lot of Nooks and Cranys just like what the Oddworld enviorments are suppose to have. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Necrum. And second we don't even know any idea on what the story to this is and what these characters are like and what they are. We just seen pictures and small clips. Granted they look different but comeon lets see what Steef can do. Give it a chance ya know. Quite frankly I am sort of tired of Abe and Munch and sligs and the same Oddworld we have been seeing. I say give that portion of Oddworld a rest for a little bit and start with new things. Its about time we see something totaly different and original again with Oddworld. Especially quite possiably another continent.

Heck this game is suppose to be really epic in scale plus OWI wants when we are playing the game to feel more like being in a movie as oppose to a game. Granted the Chicken things look outragous but what did we say when we saw a Meep or a Fuzzle for the first time? So I love the pictures I can't wait for this game and I am not at least one bit of being upset for what I have seen thus far this is Oddworld 4 mann and it looks way better than Munch! I am giveing Steef a chance. Heres to Steef and the new game!

Last edited by paramiteabe; 06-18-2003 at 06:02 PM..
06-19-2003, 02:02 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

Two new high-res images!

06-19-2003, 03:50 AM
Dequibenzo
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2002
: Colorado
: 283
Dequibenzo  (10)

This is hilarious. All the pent up curiosity is spilling out over 3 images and a name. Jeebus, gotta give OWI credit- they know how to build a desire in the consumers. Yowza.
Anyway, that said, I'm as psyched as you guys. Damn, now I'm gonna lose more of my life to this forum. Oh well.
A thought- the chicken guys have little mudokon ponytail jobbers. look at their skulls- very similar towards the top. Pull the beak back, skinny em up, bulge the eyes... and mudokons evolved from birds, did they? Hmm.... Remember the schpiel we got about how on a planet ten times the size of earth, things move at one tenth the speed? Maybe, on another continent, there are proto-mudokons, an earlier evolutionary form. And they're hillbilly livestock. So, (And bare with me here for a second) everybody's favorite floor-waxing messiah figure all the sudden has to deal with not only trigger-emotioned fellows who waffle back and forth in their loyalties, a lonely, whiney little amphibian whom he doesn't get along with all that well and commands ravenous pom-poms, a narcoleptic prune's half-assed clairvoyance, and a gaggle of weird looking, chain smoking, knive shining species who want to eat him, drain him, and mount his head on the wall... but NOW he's got redneck cousins who probably don't even believe in him, an enormous ocean to travel, and some particularly depraved looking lunatic in a crocadile dundee hat wafting through the swamps with a telepathic boat, a gun, and maybe a contract with flying purple scientists with three legs...
AND YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS ISN'T ODD ENOUGH!???
Ooh, I'm ranting. yeah, this is gooooood stuff.
06-19-2003, 03:56 AM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

: Apr 2001
: 135
Niteowl  (10)
Waahhoooaaaaah!

It's about time.
Steef looks interesting- Looks a bit more feral than Abe. Not so nieve.
As for the chicken things- I didn't think Munch looked like much but he won me over.
The swamp pic reminds me of necrum too but also makes me think of one of the concept pics of Abe riding elum along a large root or something.
Maybe there'll be some forest levels too- I was ready to explore that lush forest in MO- maybe if OWI had more time, they might've did it.
If Steef has a boat, there's potential to travel all over the place. I wouldn't mind him meeting Abe or Munch...though it sounds like those two are on hiatus.
06-19-2003, 04:24 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

That new high-res photo looks a lot like the photo I posted earlier.(Just a lot prettier!) That guy on the tree is Steef, right?
Xavier said it was someone else.

06-19-2003, 05:32 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

No I agrre with you on this, I simply said he wasn't the guy with the gun

anyway wow 4 new images... allready posted a news about on OWM

thank you Mojo and chris!

06-19-2003, 05:35 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker

http://www.oddworld.com/alf/alfictio...assets/map.jpg
Does S‚â€â€šâ€¦â€šâ€¦â€šâ€* row the boat in this map on the river of what?
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

06-19-2003, 05:41 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I dunno there aren't much rivers on the map and they all look too big to be the same as on the picture

06-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

Well MO did end at a river and at first I thought that Steef might be transporting the baby Gabbit egg's up the river to safty but then I heard that Abe and Munch would not be in it so now Im thinking that this story's about Steef traveling up river (he'll have some type of delema) while Abe and Munch are just finishing MO (remember its concurrent with the Quintology).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

06-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Eyemagic
Zappfly

: May 2002
: Valencia (Spain)
: 13
Eyemagic  (10)

More production art for all of you that haven't see the movie.

Enjoy it!!
06-19-2003, 11:29 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Wow in a lot of ways Steef looks mythical like in a fantasy. He looks like a Minataur and a Centaur all combined as one. But in the CG work I think he looks much better to fit something as an unlikely like Abe and Munch. In the CG he is obviously smaller than that. But cool pictures none the less.

06-19-2003, 11:48 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Oddworld in side atusiya's discovery channel

(up to date version)
http://www6.plala.or.jp/atusiya/insider/inside.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scow4.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	40.1 
ID:	869  
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I think the drawings of Steef are quite thooper. Especially the third and fourth one. I hope thats the final version of him.

His way of doing things will probably be different and more violent...unless OWI wants us to think that and he's really, real polite and nice natured. I hope he doesn't wear that hat in the final version aswell, and if he does i hope you can take it off.

I think the game should allow you to customise Steef at the beginning. His horns, colour etc. And then the FMV's all have different Steefs and the game differs depending on your look. I.e - Be all big and scawy then creatures will run away from you more, but you'll be stronger. Be all small and timid, creatures will pick on you more but you'll be more agile...etc

I wonder what the FMV's are like with Steef in and i wonder what his bad ending is? And i wonder how many endings there will be for this game? I hope more than 4...and all differ accordingly and properly...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Yeah I was wondering if they'll add RPG elements. I'd like to see mulitple story paths not just endings......

For example take out a mud pen and you get more native helpers later. But instead if you kill them all you could be hired by a gluk or something.........
06-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
two chicken-like creatures, that don't look half bad...
Oh, I seriously disagree. There was controversy when the Fuzzles came out, people excaliming they looked like something from McDonald's. I personally didn't mind because they fitted in with the cute and cuddly lab rat idea, plus they looked odd anyway. However, I do not regard either Fuzzles or Meeps to have a very intriguing design. The same with these chickens, except I can see no originality at all.

:
AND YOU PEOPLE SAY THIS ISN'T ODD ENOUGH!???
Get a grip! No one has complained about the storyline at all. No one has said the gameplay or plot devices lack originality. Not a single soul has voiced the opinion that there isn't enough background behind the development of the characters. Heck, look at one of my posts and you'll see I'm even praising the fact that these creatures could be related to Mudokons.

The only thing I've complained about is the lack of originality in the visual designs, which, face it, is all we've seen. The boat as a concept works fine, but looking at it you could so easily just assume it's something straight from Earth. I've only been talking about the visual design, but for some reason everybody seems to be jumping at me from all directions with knives, ready to dissect and disgard not only what I've actually said, but, bizarrely, ideas that not only have I not aired but that I hadn't even considered.

Unlike what a lot of you appear to be saying, I can't say 'Roll on Steef' or 'Steef will not disappoint', because like all of you, I don't know squat about the new game. I know it involves Steef, who seems to me to be a fine character, if not completely original on the design side (which I'm willing to live with - after all, Fleeches and Slurgs are hardly impressive creatures) and his telepathic/talking/sentient boat (people don't seem to be able to agree on which). This, as a concept is fine. I'm also fine and dandy with Steef straying somewhat from the Quintology's anti-hero stars, because let's face it, he's strong, fast and frightening. OWI obviously want to do something different, which I'm happy with - so stop shoving in my face as an excuse for the poor design, okay?

Now, having seen some of the latest pictures, I can say, without having been influenced by your moaning, that I like a lot of it. That big gate, whatever it may be? The high-res image of the hunter? I think they're great. The rolling, almost balloon-like hills around the river give me the impression of Norwegian fjords, which seems closely linked to the Viking longship design of the boat. Wonderful. Not wholey original, but at least it's odd. My only gripes are with the chickens, the barns and the boat.

However, what I have come to realise is the appauling blind faith so many of you seem to have. Maybe you're just not expresing your views very well, but it's very obvious to me that you're all defending OWI far too much. I'll say it again, you don't know squat about OW4, but you're willing to come back at me and complain about statements I haven't even made, so perhaps it's time you all just sat down and got things into perspective. Yes, it's great that we're finally getting 'news' about the new game - I was leaping about with joy, too, especially since Alf reported that we wouldn't get anything up to date within the next few months. But come off it, saying stuff like, "Don't worry OWI will please the fans with this one," is really disturbing. You don't know what OWI have got planned any more than I do. Sure, they've assured us that this will make up for MO, but then at the end of the day, they're the ones who are trying to sell this to us. Don't go on at me about how much OWI love their fans, because I simply don't want to hear it. I've seen a radical decline in the amount of respect fans have been getting from OWI - primarily their taking the piss out of us with the stupid Online Daily Deception. True they were about topics that shouldn't have seen the light of day, but if 'Alf' can't think of anyhing better to do than practically insult people who write in with stupid questions, then perhaps he should publish the decent intelligent questions, and reply with intelligent answers instead of "Ewww, have you seen Mudokon females, they are ugly!!" Now I've become somewhat sidetracked, but the point of all this is that if you're willing to just take whatever OWI gives us under the impression that you have to be completely whacked out on it, then you're not helping anyone. You're not helping OWI because they're going to think that what they're producing is fine and dandy. It's not helping us, because we're the ones that have to endure Oddworld poorness, should it come to that. I hope and doubt it will, but your blind faith is so upsetting. I want Oddworld to be the best it can, and I'm not going to cheer them on if they do bad.
06-19-2003, 03:35 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

:
Originally posted by Max the Mug
Oh, I seriously disagree. There was controversy when the Fuzzles came out, people excaliming they looked like something from McDonald's. I personally didn't mind because they fitted in with the cute and cuddly lab rat idea, plus they looked odd anyway. However, I do not regard either Fuzzles or Meeps to have a very intriguing design. The same with these chickens, except I can see no originality at all.

Get a grip! No one has complained about the storyline at all. No one has said the gameplay or plot devices lack originality. Not a single soul has voiced the opinion that there isn't enough background behind the development of the characters. Heck, look at one of my posts and you'll see I'm even praising the fact that these creatures could be related to Mudokons.

The only thing I've complained about is the lack of originality in the visual designs, which, face it, is all we've seen. The boat as a concept works fine, but looking at it you could so easily just assume it's something straight from Earth. I've only been talking about the visual design, but for some reason everybody seems to be jumping at me from all directions with knives, ready to dissect and disgard not only what I've actually said, but, bizarrely, ideas that not only have I not aired but that I hadn't even considered.

Unlike what a lot of you appear to be saying, I can't say 'Roll on Steef' or 'Steef will not disappoint', because like all of you, I don't know squat about the new game. I know it involves Steef, who seems to me to be a fine character, if not completely original on the design side (which I'm willing to live with - after all, Fleeches and Slurgs are hardly impressive creatures) and his telepathic/talking/sentient boat (people don't seem to be able to agree on which). This, as a concept is fine. I'm also fine and dandy with Steef straying somewhat from the Quintology's anti-hero stars, because let's face it, he's strong, fast and frightening. OWI obviously want to do something different, which I'm happy with - so stop shoving in my face as an excuse for the poor design, okay?

Now, having seen some of the latest pictures, I can say, without having been influenced by your moaning, that I like a lot of it. That big gate, whatever it may be? The high-res image of the hunter? I think they're great. The rolling, almost balloon-like hills around the river give me the impression of Norwegian fjords, which seems closely linked to the Viking longship design of the boat. Wonderful. Not wholey original, but at least it's odd. My only gripes are with the chickens, the barns and the boat.

However, what I have come to realise is the appauling blind faith so many of you seem to have. Maybe you're just not expresing your views very well, but it's very obvious to me that you're all defending OWI far too much. I'll say it again, you don't know squat about OW4, but you're willing to come back at me and complain about statements I haven't even made, so perhaps it's time you all just sat down and got things into perspective. Yes, it's great that we're finally getting 'news' about the new game - I was leaping about with joy, too, especially since Alf reported that we wouldn't get anything up to date within the next few months. But come off it, saying stuff like, "Don't worry OWI will please the fans with this one," is really disturbing. You don't know what OWI have got planned any more than I do. Sure, they've assured us that this will make up for MO, but then at the end of the day, they're the ones who are trying to sell this to us. Don't go on at me about how much OWI love their fans, because I simply don't want to hear it. I've seen a radical decline in the amount of respect fans have been getting from OWI - primarily their taking the piss out of us with the stupid Online Daily Deception. True they were about topics that shouldn't have seen the light of day, but if 'Alf' can't think of anyhing better to do than practically insult people who write in with stupid questions, then perhaps he should publish the decent intelligent questions, and reply with intelligent answers instead of "Ewww, have you seen Mudokon females, they are ugly!!" Now I've become somewhat sidetracked, but the point of all this is that if you're willing to just take whatever OWI gives us under the impression that you have to be completely whacked out on it, then you're not helping anyone. You're not helping OWI because they're going to think that what they're producing is fine and dandy. It's not helping us, because we're the ones that have to endure Oddworld poorness, should it come to that. I hope and doubt it will, but your blind faith is so upsetting. I want Oddworld to be the best it can, and I'm not going to cheer them on if they do bad.
I think you are over reacting Max, calling there design poor is blind. Munch's Oddysee had a crazy development after it swiched platforms, so quality suffered. I don't think OWI will continue in that direction. We have no idea what part these chicken-like creatures have in the game... for all we know, they might get slautered in the opening scene. Oddworld.com is one of the very few sites that updates regularly, so quit complaining over this nice luxury. I'm not praising OWI yet, WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING! Wait until we get some more info before you bash their design proccess. Perhaps OWI should listen to what you have to say instead of listening to there own ideas (it's there game not ours). Lorne Lanning has a vision, and I bet it's a little different from yours. In my opinion (not blind faith) I like what I'm seeing, they can't please everyone.
06-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

*whistles in awe at Max's post* Well I'd have to agree with Max on some points. Alot of you are taking this too seriously, we never said that all this new info on the new game was horrible nor did we say that the next game was going to be crap. We simply stated that some of the stuff we've seen so far (the chicken things for me) were not that "awe inspiring" if you will. I know that this game has a great potential and Im sure that it'll be great but none of you actually know how it will actually turn out in the end.

Look at what everyone thought about Munch's Oddysee then when it came out everyone was disappointed and now comments that it was not all to great. Judge what you see, don't just accept it because it comes from OWI, even they make mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

Last edited by Oddsville; 06-19-2003 at 07:44 AM..
06-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Matty
Chippunk

: Sep 2002
: Netherlands
: 31
Matty  (10)

:
Originally posted by MojoMan220
I'm not praising OWI yet, WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING! Wait until we get some more info before you bash their design proccess.
Well, we've seen two uninspired chickens, giving me flashbacks to those godawful Meeps. As a fan we have the right to comment, be it positive or negative. Because that's where we are fans for, to care about such a thing. It's like being a Simpsonsfan, finding the new episodes to be pretty bad and hearing "why dont you just don't watch it anymore?" or "it's the Simpsons, so what, it's still better than anything else on tv".

I love some of the other stuff though. The pic totally on top of this page (3) reminds me strongly off Abe's Oddysee. That's always a good thing

But the chickens really should have to go. I don't like this (cliché, even) cartoon approach they're putting on the xbox discs since Munch, seems more uncreative than Oddworld to me

06-19-2003, 04:07 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

:
Originally posted by Matty
Well, we've seen two uninspired chickens, giving me flashbacks to those godawful Meeps. As a fan we have the right to comment, be it positive or negative. Because that's where we are fans for, to care about such a thing. It's like being a Simpsonsfan, finding the new episodes to be pretty bad and hearing "why dont you just don't watch it anymore?" or "it's the Simpsons, so what, it's still better than anything else on tv".

I love some of the other stuff though. The pic totally on top of this page (3) reminds me strongly off Abe's Oddysee. That's always a good thing

But the chickens really should have to go. I don't like this (cliché, even) cartoon approach they're putting on the xbox discs since Munch, seems more uncreative than Oddworld to me
I just find it a little silly that people are making such a fuss over one picture. We have no info on these chicken-like creatures, and people are already saying OWI should get rid of them. Lorne and the rest of the designers don't just throw together characters, there is a reason for them. Keep your minds open, these people know what their doing, we don't. We will find out more in the upcoming months.
06-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

True, MojoMan, there is most likely a reason for them. Unlike Matty, I don't mind the chickens being in the game at all - just so long as the visual design changes drastically for the better. Everyone (including I think me) has blown everything out of proportion, for all we know these early chicken designs have already been disgarded and replaced with something that actually suits Oddworld. And the boat and the barn, in my opinion. Nobody else seems to agree with me here, which is fine. At least I can actually bear them.

:
People are making such a fuss over one picture.
It's not the picture in itself, it's the image of Oddworld it's giving off. Oddworld should never ever be a cartoon. That's one of the reasons Munch failed to leave a happy smile on many existing fans' faces. What I find incredibly silly is your objection to our disgust at this. As Matty said, we're the people who OWI are trying to please. If we're not pleased, we shouldn't be ashamed to tell them, because we sure can't lose anything by trying.

Now, if you happen to like the chickens, then I can respect that, although I can in no way understand it. If I'd wanted to have something in a game that looks like it had been moulded out of plastecine I'd be playing the latest Crash Bandicoot games.

:
Oddworld.com is one of the very few sites that updates regularly, so quit complaining over this nice luxury.
I'm don't look at the official sites of any computer games regularly besides Oddworld, so I suppose I've been taking it for granted. However, I'd still rather they didn't update for a month than posting insulting rubbish that spoils Oddworld's innocence and majesty.
06-19-2003, 04:34 PM
slogster

: Dec 2002
: slig barracks o.0
: 115
slogster  (10)

i wonder if theres any sligs in this or slogs or scrabs orparamites if not i will die of a heart attack but hey oddworld wont be the same with out those lot in it
06-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Only if they restore the proper vocal sounds of Paramites and Scrabs. And stop the Sligs hurling useless Earth insults.
06-19-2003, 04:41 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

I understand why you and some others dislike some of what you have seen. I just feel that it's a little unfair to judge them on what little we've seen. Like you said yourself, those creatures might have already been scrapped, so we don't really know anything. I trust that OWI have learned from there mistakes with Munch's Oddysee. I'll judge things for myself when I see something solid. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high. Also, I doubt we'll have to worry about the lack of gamespeak in this game (just another product of a rushed game).

Last edited by MojoMan220; 06-19-2003 at 08:46 AM..
06-19-2003, 05:12 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

:
Originally posted by MojoMan220
I just find it a little silly that people are making such a fuss over one picture. We have no info on these chicken-like creatures, and people are already saying OWI should get rid of them. Lorne and the rest of the designers don't just throw together characters, there is a reason for them. Keep your minds open, these people know what their doing, we don't. We will find out more in the upcoming months.
MojoMan your absolutly right about this. I mean look at the bright side, the images look really great and I bet a lot of them were in game. This game is going to be original because we are seeing a different aspect of Lorne Lannings world or vision. This is not our world this is Lornes vision so we must respect that of his. Besides OWI knows what they are doing. If you don't like the vision then you don't like it. There is nothing wrong with that. But the one thing we shouldn't do is judge this by a few measliy pictures. Thats like judgeing a book by its cover. Granted those images look different but thats ok. The chicken creatures are outragous and funny looking and then you have the nightmareish serousness of Oddworld thrown into the mix. Its really a disturbing thought what it comes down to that is what makes these games fun.

It would be helerious to see the Chicken things get killed in the most funniest ways The poltry farm idea is perfect and the idea of these things possably being proto Mudokins is intresting aswell.

We have to remember we don't know anything accept for a few images and a name. We don't even know what that Hunter is and what Steef is. I would like to see a drawing or scetch of the hunter. That could be another industrial race that we don't know about. Other than that we will just have to wait and see what OWI has cooking up for us. So far it looks exciting.

06-19-2003, 05:27 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

I just realized something, will Steef be able to posses other creatures? I hope he'll have something similar, like the ability to morph into certain species. What get's me really excited is how different Steef is, he's fast, it appears as though he runs on all fours, and he looks intimidating.