Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

07-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

OOC: No problemo, although, Dripik, Bonty was wondering what the shifts were and asked #7.

IC: Slap, realizing that there was another Slig in the Lab, prayed that they came to find out about the explosion. Slap grabbed his laptop, and sneaked out of the shadows shiftily to reveal himself.

When he looked at the Slig, he reconized him. He was that Slig that was in control of security. It was in the brochure. Slap thought, "He must be here for the explosion. No matter. but seeing how he is related to Arnie in some way, prehaps I should tell him of Molt, Gappiqu, and Dionysia."

Shaping himself up for a conversation, he typed on his keyboard, "Good morning, #7. I don't think we have met before. My name is Slap Humbuy, the newest doctor assistant. The people in this Labortory, are Stuey J. Sligwell, Linc the Mudokon, Molt the Slig, Gappiqu the Slig, Dek, another Mudokon, and myself.

And don't say it, I think I know why you are here. Because of the explosion of a shot grenade. To explain to you how it happened, I'm afraid Gappiqu has been a little too angry today. His outburst caused him to pull out a shot gun, motified into a slingshot, to shoot a grenade at Molt. Molt cleverily was able to throw something, to cause the grenade to blow up before it reached a killing zone toward him. No one was injuried at all, but Gappiqu is unconscoius, fortunently.

However, it has came to my attention that Gappiqu has commited other acts as well and so did others the other day. Molt and Gappiqu both have tried to severally harm me, and have been successful. Molt ordered his Slog to attack my leg, and that is why I wear a bandage around my leg. Gappiqu nearily choked me unconscious, and as I said before, tried to kill Molt with a grenade. Yet, Molt also tried to strangle another Slig, named Srag, who really was an outlaw, but threatened to kill Gappiqu as well. Molt also has been harrasing my patients and tried to kill another Slig as well, named Goresplatter. Gappiqu, as you know slacked off, and nearily caused hundreds of moolah to go down the drain.

Gappiqu also has done the unspeakble among the Slig society. He flew in love with two different Mudokons, one named Anni and another named Dionysia. It was obvious that he did, as he had shown Khanzumer love signs. You might want to report that to Arnie.

Another thing, Dionysia might be showing signs of loving Gappiqu just the same. She also has not been commiting to do work. She hasn't done anything construtive in this factory. I know that she is a experiment, meant to help security do their job, but she is still a Mudokon, and still needs to do some certain things around here.

Even though they have all been breaking the rules and codes, they have done something supportive to this factory. Molt fixed a meat saw, and saved me from unconsciousness. Gappiqu also done a lot to grinders, and helped Dionysia catch a native Mudokon breaking in. Dionysia also supported Gappiqu in catching a native Mudokon. Maybe you should report this all to Arnie."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Bonty realized that he had literally ditched #7 him for someone else, named Gappiqu. Bonty decided that he should at least to try to escape before they realize he left. Maybe the work shift hasn't started yet.

He decided to see what the Mudokons in the R+R had in mind. Quickly, he went over to to one of the Mudokons, and tried to wake her up by shaking her.
-=-=-=-===-=-=-=

Kix groaned and awoke after some random Mudokon was shaking her awake. She mummered, "Am I late for work already?"

Bonty thought about it and said, "I don't think so. I can't tell time. But it seems like it. But get up, we need to get out of here."

Kix rose an brow and used her arms to pull up her upper half body. She gave a weird face toward this grayish brown Mudokon. Kix said while putting her hands on her hips. She said with a note of attidute, "What do you mean by, get out of here? Where Rick and #7?" Suddenly, she feared that something unexpected happened.

Bonty said without any note of change of voice, "No silly, we need to escape. I can't take it anymore with the Glukkons and Sligs! Please, I need someone to help me escape!"

Kix remembered that Bud had tried to escape too. And it didn't end well. Trying to prevent tears from coming back, she replied, "Trust me, this place is top shape. The worst part about this place is that we aren't payed, and the jerks around here. Besides, not a lot of Mudokons haven't successfully escaped from here. But I know a few people around here who would want to. And if I'm feeling OK, I will come. But trust me, I have had a bad experience with escaping, and I don't want to leave permanently, you know, go away from away from it all, but come back, to do some work again."

Bonty exhaled deeply and said, "Well I for one is only coming back to save all of my siblings. So will you come with me or not?"

Kix thought about it and said, "I will come with you depheding on what happens today, so wait a while, OK?"

Bonty narrowed his eyes and said, "I'm leaving now. So you will have plenty of time to think about when I come back to escape again." He stormed off, looking for more Mudokons to find. Kix shook her head and thought, "Poor guy. I hate to know how will this will end."

She got up from her bed, did her morning stretch, and yawned. It was another day, and maybe she could find #7 and Rick. She exited the R+R and started looking.

07-30-2006, 10:40 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

#7 Slig watched the words appear on Slap's laptop and read. "Thanks for summing it up. So Gappiqu went berserk, huh? Wonder why... He didn't tell you, I guess. We'll see when he wakes up." he said.

He read further. "Well, yeah, what can you do? Sligs usually act like that. Some of them, at least. You know what? I'll tell RG to check in now and then, he's been guarding the boss lately, his office is on this level, he's not far from..." he stopped talking, because of the metallic clatter coming from outside.

"Did someone mention my identification?" said RG-49, coming inside the room. He looked at the people in the Labs, and finally looked at #7 Slig. "Slig organic, Boss of Security. I heard you were talking about me with the Intern organic."

"Yes, I want you to keep an eye... or, whatever you have, an optical thing..." said #7 Slig uncertainly.

"Optical sensor with night vision, heat seeking..." started RG-49.

"Yeah, that, so keep a sensor on the Labs, OK. Slap has been attacked a few times, and we can't afford to have our medical stuff beat up." said #7 Slig, interrupting him.

07-31-2006, 01:18 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Wash lifted a shaking hand slowly to his face and wiped off the dust. He had no idea what the hell had just happened, but he hoped that the recent event sof his life would not become the norm. He shot a cursory glance over to Linc to assure himself that he was okay, then looked down upon the unconcious slig on the floor. He swore.
"Jejuzu shing..."
Then he made a rude sign at Molt, and wondered where Slap had got to. He went over to the lab door and looked out.
"Did anyone see where Slap-"
He stopped short at the sight of the slig and greeter outside.
"Err... right. Hello. Erm... Yeah."

07-31-2006, 03:55 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Actually, RG-49 isn't really a Greeter, he is more of those robots you think of how he looks like in your head.

IC: Molt heard that there was another Slig in the Labortory, and that Slap went to greet him. Grimacing at that his escape couldn't happen soon, as long as the Slig was here, he tried to hear in on what the Slig was responding to what Slap was saying. To what he was hearing it sounded like that Slap was telling this Slig of what happened in the Lab only a few minutes ago and of the past events. Molt had some relief knowing that it was Gappiqu they were talking about. He grinned, and payed no attention to Wash's rude mummerings and actions.

But then the conversation with some sort robot got into place. It sounded like that Slap had told the Slig of what Molt did him yesterday. And know, from what he heard that some sort of advanced Snoozer was keeping sensor on the Lab. Molt narrowed his brows and muttered in the Slig language, "BS". Molt liked Snoozers, but they were a pain at Vykker Labs, and at his old factory, being that they needed auotherizing to get past them. And this probably was even part Greeter, making it worse. Molt grimaced at his luck and saw that Wash had came into the story. He didn't care about the Mud, being that he barely thought of anyone besides himself.

Molt, sat in his cage, trying to think of a new plan. It had to avoid interacting with Slap, or getting involved with the Snoozer/Greeter robot.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Slap nodded in pleasure and saw that there was some sort of droid was now protecting the Lab. He was glad that was done and wrote to the droid, "Thank you, Mechincal Droid, for your services. I hope it won't be any trouble."

Next, Slap looked at #7. He remembered what he had said about Sligs, but he thought different. Sligs' pshcology was not hard to understand, and he knew why so many people were being hurt every 3 hours. He typed "I know that Sligs can be a handful, but I think I can assign thearpy sessions with the Sligs damaging the factory. You see, many of the Sligs here are use to beating up Mudokons. But being that Mudokons have a voice of opinion here, Sligs will most likely think different, and they will have emotional conflict with each other. And most likely, it would end with a gun fight. So, when I have time, I could see Arnie about this. Is that OK?"

Once Wash got in, Slap rose an eyebrow, since the Mudokon obviousily didn't interact with so much security at one time before. He decided to work at him now, and typed to #7, "I'm sorry sir, but you may have to leave. I think my patients would like it better if this place wasn't so crowded."

08-02-2006, 06:09 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Yeah, RG's no Greeter or Snoozer, he has two legs, two arms, a head and a rifle. Your basic picture of a robot.

---------------------------------------

"OK, I'll go then and leave you to your patients." said #7 Slig, then turned to RG-49. "I'm going to see the boss now. You can stay here for a while, just don't disturb the medical staff, OK?"

"As long as they don't initiate violence on eachother. Then, I might attempt to neutralize them, since you ordered me to keep them safe." said RG-49.

"OK..." said #7 Slig slowly. "Hey, if you neutralize them, they won't be safe anymore."

"'To neutralize' was just a manner of speech, Slig organic. I could have said 'disable' or 'pull apart'. Anyway, I will handle any violent situations that may commence." said RG-49.

#7 Slig shook his head and went out of the Labs. He passed the Security Office and arrived at the Executive Office. He went inside and looked around in the entry hall. He turned left and knocked on the Executive R+R's door. A loud yawn could be heard from inside. "Come in." said Arnie.

#7 Slig opened the door. Arnie was sitting in his chair, looking at him, while Otto was stirring in his bed. "Morning, boss and Otto."

"Morning, #7 Slig." said Arnie, looking around in the room. "Needed that sleep." he said, then looked back at #7 Slig, who was looking at Arnie. "What's going on?"

"Slap told me a few things a few minutes ago, boss. You know, the new Intern at the Labs." he added, since Arnie rolled his eyes slowly, trying to remember, then nodded. "There was an explosion in the Labs recently, caused by Gappiqu."

"Gappiqu?" asked Otto, sitting up in his bed. "Who would've thought that he'd go berserk, huh?"

"Exactly. He tried to strangle Slap, then shot a grenade at Molt, but it didn't hit him, everyone's OK. Gappiqu's unconscious, though."

"I see." said Arnie. "Anything else?"

"Well... Slap said something about a native... Yeah, Gappiqu and Dionysia captured a native Mudokon. It seems they are having a relationship, also. I mean, Gappiqu and Dionysia. And... Molt is sort of going psycho, too. I ordered RG to keep an eye on the Labs."

"So just another average day, is it?" asked Otto sarcastically.

08-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

: Jun 2006
: New Zealand
: 1,466
Patrick Vykkers  (12)
Oddworld

OOC: Sorry about the error earlier. I've edited it, just to make the story consistent. Let's say Praetyre was out for a time and didn't hear the explosion.
IC:
Praetyre woke, dazed. The memory of the organic barrage was still fresh, but he composed himself with the thought that he was not hurt, the Slig had gone, and he could be on the way to a new job. He then saw that the door to the Executive Office was open, and peeked inside.

Nobody was there.
"Strange. Either the boss is sleeping somewhere else or... he's woken up"
Praetyre then heard the sounds of Glukkons talking nearby. He gently closed the office's door and ran off to the source of the sounds.

Seeing that they were in the middle of a conversation, Praetyre patiently waited near the end of the corridor they were walking down.
08-02-2006, 10:12 PM
rick the mudarcher
Chippunk

: Mar 2005
: Canadia
: 24
rick the mudarcher  (10)

Can i join? Heres my characters profile.
Name: Rygar
Race: Slig
Appearance: Like an ordinary slig except he has a long scarf on his neck
Personality: Rygar is a cunning and eccentric Slig who likes to goof around though is dead serious in combat. He is also a decent mechanic
Equipment: A rapid fire blaster.(He also has jet's on the feet of his pants though he can only hover for a few seconds.)

*The new recruit Rygar is walking down corridor when he saw a fellow worker known as Praetyre standing in the same corridor.*
*Rygar walks over to Praetyre to ask him where the boss is.*
Rygar: Hey do you know where the boss is?

Last edited by rick the mudarcher; 08-02-2006 at 10:15 PM..
08-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

Patrick Vykkers  (12)

OOC: Er, Praetyre isn't a worker yet. Plus, try to provide some introduction for your character. For example, mine arrived on the train. Even a simple one would be good.
IC:
Praetyre looked at the Slig standing in front of him. He then replied;
"He's down the corridor. He's in the middle of a conversation with some employee, sounds like a Slig. Another Glukkons there too. Anyway, you and me can just wait for a bit until that old chap finishes chatting. By the way, what position are you applying for? I heard they had a lab, and you know, us Vykkers and labs, we go together like Sligs and Slogs, you know.."
08-03-2006, 08:20 AM
rick the mudarcher
Chippunk

rick the mudarcher  (10)

(Do'h! i forgot about the introduction. well anyways rygar got here by train and then explored the place a bit to look for the boss so he could introduce himself and then that was when he found praetyre.)
Rygar: Well i'm applying to be a security gaurd cause you know Slig's like there gun's and shooting them as much as Vyker's like there lab's.
08-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

Patrick Vykkers  (12)

Praetyre replied;
"Indeed. You Sligs seem to have an almost genetic attraction to weaponry. I'm glad we're friends with your superiors!*Laugh* Anyway, have you done anything before this? I used to work part time at the university lab as an assistant. You should of seen the crazy things the teacher did in there. I mean, one time, he performed an operation combining a Paramite with a Scrab! Honestly, the head motions was like a Clakker with Enlargititis! Don't worry, though, the creature didn't suffer. He looked like he was happy to be alive again."
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
rick the mudarcher
Chippunk

rick the mudarcher  (10)

Rygar: Well i took a few combat training courses and had a part time job as a mechanic though i got fired by my boss for replacing the engine of a customers vehicle with an experimental super speed engine i made though the speed part was a success it proved to be to fast to control. Though do'nt worry the customer is still alive though he has a broken arm from the incident.
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Greetings chappies, just thought I should pop in on my Aunt's PC in Canada to flex my moderator muscles (or something like that). I'm going home to England on Saturday (yes, two days after this terrorist threat) but decided to post now to get some rules straight to our two newbies.

Alright RTM and Patrick, you're both posting reasonably well, grammar is good and all, but it's important that you make longer, more meaningful posts, rather than a loooong list of short ones. When someone sees a conversation between two characters only, a lot of our members (past and present) will often ignore it, so if you attempt to interact with them, they'll probably miss it. More experienced RPers will dismiss several short posts as n00bish rubbish, whether its true or not, and then when your posting does improve people wil assume that its stil n00bish rubbis and you'll often find yourself pushed out of the RPG, which is never a happy experience for our newbies.
The other general (though usually unspoken) rule is that you don't post more than 2 or 3 times a day in this thread (obviously what you do elsewhere doesn't matter) and if you find that you and one (maybe two) others are the only people posting over two or three days then stop posting until some other members get back in. Though neither of you have done it, I'll just warn you not to double post in character as well.

I should stick some of that in the newbie thread. So much to work on...

IC: (Alright, it's what you all wanted)
Dionysia at in a corner of the train station and watched in silence as a slig left a train and entered the factory without so much as a look around.

Admittedly she was bored. This wasn't as interesting as she remembered it being when she was younger (with wasn't that long ago when it came down to it).
She was considering what was probably the more entertaining option of going off to irritate the boss, when another train pulled into the Rupture Farms station. It looked rather expensive, like the ones she'd seen working for larger companies, and bore several familiar logos on the side. She realised that they represented various companies that had sponsore her creation. Which meant...
She stood up, a self-indulgent smile crossing her face. The train slid to a halt and the door thumped open. A rather old vykker stepped out carrying a bag with both its bottom arms, looked around and, seeing Dionysia, made the expression that for a vykker represents a fatherly grin. "Dionysia, my child! You came to welcome me! How did you know I would be arriving?"

ooc: I'll write a character profile for this guy in a couple of days. I'll leave you guessing until then (it's not that hard to work out; I'd just rather be on my own computer when I write the profile)

08-12-2006, 05:04 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: Thanks for making that clear, Splat. I was wondering when would you return to RPing.

So, welcome to W@RF, rick! Profile's OK, but you should edit the entry of your character in your first post. I know you posted how he got in the factory later, but it would make things clearer.

This Executive Office thing is another source of confusion. Earlier, the Office and the Executive R+R were separate rooms, but this changed over time. The way I imagine it, you can enter an Executive Office entry hall on the 1st floor. In that room, there are two doors on either side: one leading to the Ex. R+R on the left, and another leading to the Ex. Office on the right. Maybe I'll do a map of the area sometimes.

----------------------------------------

"Well, thanks for telling us about that stuff, #7 Slig." said Arnie, getting up from his chair. "Let's get to work then."

"Sure." said Otto, getting to his feet and joining the others as they made to the entry hall. "Hey, are there people outside?" he asked, when he heard a conversation from outside.

"You two go and check it out." said Arnie. "I'll be in the Office. Otto, take care of everything out there, OK?"

"Right, as usual, being Flak Clerk and all." said Otto, and left the room with #7. There, they met two new employees. "I'll handle this, you go and do your job." he said to #7 Slig.

"OK." said #7 Slig and went to reach the stairs. "A breakfast is in order before work, though." he thought.

"So, you guys new here, I see. I'm Otto, Assistant of the Boss and Flak Clerk of the factory." said Otto to the Slig and the Vykker.

08-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

Patrick Vykkers  (12)

Praetyre loitered around the lounge pursuing more small talk with Rygar, until the blue suited Glukkon arrived and explained the situation. In reply, Praetyre stated;
"Thank you, for answering my call. I have been waiting for quite a while to see the head of this facility, and althought you are not quite at the helm, you seem to be quite high up. Anyway, does your post permit hiring new staff members? I'd like to see if there are any available posts. My friend here seems to be interested in a job as a security guard of some kind, where as I would prefer a more... scholarly position at your facility."
08-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: profile for my vykker can be found here. Having never played MO, I'm throwing myself in at the deep end a little, but here goes anyway.

IC:
Dionysia was still smiling the smile of a spoilt child on Christmas morning. "Dr Krik! I didn't think they'd be sending anyone for a few more days."
"Ah well, with the mess your friend Stivik uncovered here just before leaving, we thought it wiser to have someone on hand in case Arnie showed himself to be foolish, as well as incompetent..." He was examining herclosely, squinting through his tiny spectacles, and his gaze rested on her arm where a grey scar from her injury yesterday marked her otherwise smooth skin. "And it appears he already has been..." He skuttled over to her and examined the scar closely.
She brushed him off. "It's nothing. My own fault."
"Yes, but it's never happened before. Didn't you give Arnie the message?"
"Yeah, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in yet that he lives as long as I'm happy. I'd like to say I had him under control, but he doesn't seem to respond to blackmail the way I'd like."
Krik considered this for a few minutes. "I'll have to see this boss of yours. If you'd be so kind as to escort me to his office?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Somi had wrapped web round Anni's wound where the slog had bitten her. "What were you doing out in the stockyards that early, Anni?"
Anni decided to keep part of the story to herself. "I was outside; Arnie's let me make a garden to grow spices for the factory. and then this big scrab came out of nowhere. I... I ran out into the stockyards and hid for the night... Thanks for helping me out there."
Somi didn't notice Anni's hesitation and accepted the story. "So you're going to be busy now?"
Anni nodded, biting her lip. "Yeah, but it'll be something I like doing, and I'll be out in the stockyards so I'll see you more. I better go back inside."
Somi nodded and let her leave. Anni didn't like lying to her friend, but she couldn't bear to face what she had done... No, what Nova had done through her. She stopped walking and tried to sense the presence of ehr friend, but for all she felt she could have been alone.
"Why do you do this to me?" She asked aloud, but no reply came. After a while she continued walking till she came to the cafeteria, where she found a tray of scrab legs, picked one up and went off to eat it.

08-13-2006, 03:28 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

#7 Slig climbed down the stairs and arrived in the main hall on the ground floor. He went past the the workshop and arrived to the Cafeteria. He went to the counter and took a Scrab Leg and a bottle of water. He turned around and saw that Anni was already eating at one of the tables.

"Hey Anni. Mind if I sit down?" asked #7 Slig and sat down. He started eating. "Um, you haven't had any problems lately, have you?" he asked her. He meant 'problems with Sligs', but problems are not only caused by Sligs, he thought. Sligs are usually violent by their nature. "Especially if they have been injected with stimulants..." he thought, with a picture of a BigBro in his mind. He remembered the old times in the Slig Barracks, the brawls, target practices in the Rifle Range... There was always something to do, and Sligs didn't have time for anything else than training. This gave #7 Slig an idea, but he concentrated on the present.

------------------------------------------

"Yeah, I guess we can use some help at the Labs. There were a few accidents lately. OK, you're hired... What was your name again?" he asked Praetyre. "And what about you?" he turned to the Slig next to Praetyre.

08-13-2006, 10:24 AM
rick the mudarcher
Chippunk

rick the mudarcher  (10)

Rygar: I'm Rygar! *Rygar then heard a screech in the building and then realised that he was'nt holding the suitcase he was carrying when he left the train.*
Rygar: Umm.. excuse me for a moment i think i forgot something.
*Rygar then ran towards the direction of the screaching noise.* *He then found his suite case abd opned it revealing a small paramite he picked up during the final trest of a combat training course in which he had to get through a cave filled with paramites.* *Rygar then told the paramitre to be quiet and put it back in the suite case and ran back to Otto.*
Rygar: Ok i'm back!
OOC:I will post the profile for the paramite in the profile thread later.
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

OOC: Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. I suppose I must have taken RG to be a Greeter after I read its profile, and the motion detector thing didn't help . Plus RG-49 sounds like a Greeter name to me (don't ask).

IC: Wash relaxed slightly as the slig departed. He was gratefull that Slap had asked him to leave, as he was becoming quite nervous with so many armed (and seemingly unhinged) guards around. But he didn't relax for long.
"Hey, are you sure this thing is s-?"

-----------------------------------------

His vision was blurry, but the light was so bright he shut his eyes anyway. Linc had just regained consciousness and was feeling very disorientated. He tried to move, but quickly reconsidered when pain shot through his body like an electric current. But he could hear perfectly well, and was vaguely aware of having been deafened previously. With this revelation his memories of the fiasco that lead to his situation flooded back. Wash! Where could he be?

Linc had the sudden feeling of being back on a Vykkers' experimenting table, and started to hyperventerlate. He could hear sligs and their harsh voices, and strange mechanical sounds. He did not like it one bit.

08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

Patrick Vykkers  (12)

Praetyre watched Rygar run away, then turned his head back to Otto. He then replied;
"Praetyre. My name is Praetyre Volkus Mihkov, in full. I am sorry to hear about the accidents. Just out of curiousity, was that rather aggressive Slig who nearly got me torn to shreds in the basement and then threw a prisoner so hard it nearly broke several of my bones by any chance involved? If so, I'd like to request that he not work anywhere near me or the lab for a good while. Maybe, if you wanted to, you could bring in a company Shrink. My family is rich enough to get their hands on one, and I'm sure they'd be willing to help a family member's friend."
08-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: It's sort of getting frustrating now that I have so much to do, and my posts are so long.

Anyway, I'm back from a hiking trip. Did 47 miles in 3.5 days. Pretty good.

I find it pretty funny that Praetyre would like not to be near Sligs like angry Gappiqu, or Molt. Because every kind of those Sligs end up in the Lab one point or another.

Nice to see you back, Splat. I see that Dionysia is still trying to get Arnie fired. Yet, sending a Vykker probably wasn't the best decision, being that most of the Mudokons hate Vykkers (*cough*Anni*cough*) and espically Gappiqu.

IC: Slap, in his head, finished the word safe for the Mudokon. Yet, what was important was whether or not this Mudokon should use this device. The machine works for his kind, so is there a reason for him not to use the machine? In all of his years of being a doctor, never has he had to consider the patient could not use one of his most successful treating machines. Then again, the machine required the body to be in a calm state, in order for the gas to allow the body to go into an unconscious state of mind. And if this Mudokon was highly stressed, this machine wouldn't do so much good. Slap sighed, and replied on his keyboard, "Mudokon Worker, I myself see this as the safest, and fastest way for you to get better. However, you can choose the alternvate.(sp?) You could take the rest of the day off, stay in the Lab, and rest. That could be very helpful as well, but being that this Lab is being skinned as we speak, being somewhere where psychos live is not my suggestion. In this machine, you will be in a place of relaxation, far from harm. However, it will only work, if you trust it."
Hopefully, this would make him think otherwise.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Molt was just fumed right now. He couldn't find a way to escape from this ditch. The longer he waited, the more time Slap could squeeze in to send him to Arnie's. And if he escaped now, this Snoozer/Greeter would sense as a prisoner escaping, and he would most likely would fall asleep for the rest of the morning. That wasn't good either. This Snoozer/Greeter also understood the universal Oddworld language, so....

Suddenly, Molt got a brillant idea. And this was going to get himself out Lab. As hastily as he could, he got up on his two arms, and tried to crawl himself into the main Lab, where RG-49 could see him. Or sense him.

When he saw him, Molt realized that RG-49 was not in fact a Greeter, or a Snoozer. It was just a robot. The same robot that helped him yesterday. It wasn't too much to worry about anyway. So this helped a bit. But after that, Molt limped his way to RG-49, for one, he hadn't stretched yet, and two, he wanted to make it realistic. Molt cried out to RG-49, "Save me from this monster!!!"

Slap had heard molt's arms running, but before he could do anything, Molt had been calling him a monster. Slap was about to type to him, but Molt started crying, and cried again, "This- this Intern has been trying to kill me! He first tried to threaten me with a Snuzi, telling me to stop doing my job, when I was perfectly fine! He doesn't help anyone, in fact, he made an 'accident', just so my case, when I was in trouble, would be ignored! Plus, he is going to use this machine on that Mudokon, that will killlllll him! And my Slog, he tried to kill my Slog! When I was being almost shot, my Slog stood up for me, and tried to kill Slap, but Slap shot my poor Max dead!! That's why I can't see him anymore! And the Slig named Gappiqu, was nearily stabbed to death by Slap, if I hadn't help him survive! Honest, this all true! Just help me get out of here!!"

Slap was stupified by this. Molt was exaggrating what he done so many hours ago! And he wasn't going to let any of these lies go on his resume and get degraded back to a nurse. Slap tried to type panicly, "This Slig is a liar! I did none of this nonsense! For starters, this machine, is extermely safe, and it's impossible to die in here! And that Slog that attacked me, was ordered to attack, and I have no experience with a gun! I couldn't have killed the Slog, in fact he is..."

Slap stopped there. He didn't know where the Slog was. In fact, he bet there is no proof that he didn't kill the Slog. So Slap continued, as Molt wailed quite convincingly, "If you don't believe me, go look at yesterday's video footage. Or, we wake Dek up for his, I mean her's, I mean hir, story."

OOC: Dripik, you can do anything with Slap or Molt, I don't mind.

I won't post as Kix or Bonty for a while, until I have Molt and Gappiqu out of the Lab.

08-15-2006, 07:06 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: Nice situation, Slaveless. It reminds me of those PC RPGs where you can make a good or a bad decision.

--------------------------------------

RG-49 was standing at the Lab door, listening to Slap and the Mudokon when Molt crawled into view, crying, and approached RG-49. Then he heard Slap's disagreement.

He processed all this for a few seconds, then turned to Molt, taking a step backwards to get a better look of him. "Enough, Slig organic. My emotional range is equal to what meat grinders have... that was no complaint, mind you... so your sobbing won't have any effect on me. According to what I know of organic behaviour, your either suffering from a mental shock or trying to convince me of your so-called rights. But it's also possible that you got out of shape and forgot what you're supposed to be acting like." He grabbed Molt's arm firmly and lifted him up from the ground to stop him crying. "Inadequate Slig behaviour can be fixed with a variety of methods, but some would need the Boss' clearance first. I hope I don't have to explain why." said RG-49, and with that, he dropped Molt on the floor.

OOC: Is that OK with you, Slaveless?

08-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Splat

ooc: Heehee, it's not possible to reason with that robot. Stivik tried it once as well; if Arnie said sligs were mudokons then RG would go out across Mudos to make sure everybody understood .

I'll try and clear up some things in this post.At the end of Krik's bit, there's some addressed to Arnie, so stay awake, Dripik.

IC:
Dionysia was worth very little to Krik (not that he'd ever tell her that). She had, at one point, been worth all their lives put together, but now she was simply a bundle of pieces that seemed to work, and he simply wanted to work out why, so that he could then go and replicate them in the next version.
She was the first Black Skin experiment to survive more than seven days, and he needed to know what it was that she seemingly inherited from Skillya that made it so.
Other than that, she was more trouble than she was worth. A couple of years ago, she'd had a... relationship, with a slig named Stavik or something like that. She'd told him everything about herself, about being made with a DNA sample he himself had taken from Queen Skillya; a fact that could have them all executed if Skillya ever found out: the slig queen didn't want competition, and even if Dionysia was infertile and had had surgery down there just in case, she would still be exterminated, and so would his team for developing her. And Skillya was very good at exterminations.
Of course, Stavik turned out to be a Cartel Snoop, and had immediately reported back to base all about her, and got them all arrested. Since then the Cartel had been blackmailing them to do all it wanted, or they'd tell Skillya all about Dionysia.
Which was why they now used Dionysia like a tool for hurting big businesses in big trouble, why they all had to be totally silent about their secrets. They couldn't trust anyone and it was Dionysia's fault. As soon as they were done with her, as soon as they knew why she wasn't dead, she would be killed, they'd make sure not even a trace of her was left to give them away, and the Cartel would have nothing to blackmail them with and they could go back to being rich and happy.

In the mean time, he needed Dionysia on his side. Which was why he let her live like she did, as long as she didn't threaten them again. He'd let her mess with the boss. The Cartel declared that if she was hurt, the boss of her factory would be in a lot of trouble. Sometimes she'd threatened to hurt herself to get her past 'bosses' in trouble. He knew she never would: she had a very low pain tolerance: something they were working on for the next model. She didn't do it to hurt the boss, just to gain for herself.

They arrived at the door to the executive office, avoiding a crowd gathered outside. Dionysia pointed. "He was asleep earlier, but I'd hope he'd be awake and in there by now."

Dr Krik nodded and rapped on the door with all the hands he could spare, and stepped into the office, where Arnie was sitting.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anni was taken by surprise by the question. "What, uh problems? Uh, no! Not since Stivik left last night." She smiled. "I was glad to see him go. That guy was a spy from the Magog Cartel. I thought they were going to come and arrest Arnie or something. But now he's gone..." She grinned and stretched, "No, I'm great. Arnie let me start a spice garden outside so I'll be able to be around nature a lot. I think I'll be a lot happier now!"

ooc: Whoa, that was looooong. I hope it explains everything.
Now I'm waiting for Gretin and Frod.

Last edited by Splat; 08-15-2006 at 09:34 AM..
08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Yeah that's good. And now I can tell a little more about Molt's past.
Yet, I feel that Molt is forgetting about robots, being that he had worked with them.

IC: Molt tried to argue, but he was afraid where this was going. They most likely were going to question him, but he knew that he wasn't creative enough to think of a lie in why he is so destructive. But now, he saw no reason why to keep it a secret. He had nothing to lose now.

Molt sighed and said to both Slap and RG-49, "OK, you want to know why I'm so odd? It's a long story, but I need to tell you guys in order to keep my job.

The reason why I'm so angry all the time, is that horrible things always happen to me. When I was in my old factory, which was Slurg Barns 11, I had an important job, because I was the only one who knew how to program robots, stay awake for 26 hours straight, and control Kinto and Mudokon slaves properly. However, that all changed, when I had my accident.

OK, before my accident, one of the excutives was named Edward. He was a bi*** because he was just so damn greedy. He wanted Slurg Barns all to himself. Yet, he wasn't in power, because my boss Rraff, didn't trust him. And even when Rraff was a Chump, he came Edward the lowest profits, even when Edward was a Wannabe. This made him have a grudge against Rraff, and was going to murder him, to get himself into power, but in order to do that, he needed me outta picture. I saw everything through video cameras, and since I was an employee of Rraff, he couldn't trust me not to tell anybody about the murder.

Yet when I was possessed, I killed the other excutive, Elijah. He thought that now, if I was pushing up daisies, his employees would be in charge of the cameras, and Slurg Barns was all his. But when I survived, he was furious. But not for long. Vykkers wanted to see if I could survive with a metal body, so I was sent by them to go out into the wild to collect wild Slogs. Edward used that chance to kill Rraff, and gave Rraff an illegal cigar, causing him to have lung cancer. When I came back to see my boss dead, I was under Edward's rule then. That frustrated me, because I was very close to Rraff, being that I was his only employee. Yet, when I found out about the illegal murder, I told Edward that I was going to tell the Magog Cartel of his murder, forcing him to be excuted. Edward saw that was a problem, but then, he got an idea. He payed the Vykkers to overcharge my operation, which I could not pay for. I went into debt, and became an intergered servent of the Vykkers. I was sent away from Slurg Barns, and before I left, Edward said that he would tell Skillya that I wasn't really possessed and that I really did kill Elijah. And being that both of dead wouldn't solve anything, I told noone, until now.

The reason why I'm so angry is because everyone I cared for is gone, and now I am being used by Vykkers to do their doing. They want me here, because they now I will get fired, but they will act like that I was framed, and send Edward over here to take over the business, since they will be payed by him to do that. And the cycle will continue after I'm fired. That also why I'm so destructive, because I don't want to get involved in another personal relationship again.

I'm also so destructive because, I'm hoping that Skillya and Arnie see that my way of doing my job is doing the factory good, and I will be important to them. Do you know what it's like to know that you are loved by people that aren't going to die soon? Yeah, it's pretty good. And that won't get me fired, and Edward would hated by the Vykkers, because he was wrong. And then, his head would be facing a gun!

So, would you give me another chance?"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Slap didn't know what to say. At one vie, Molt was just going through personal problems, and wasn't really bad. But what he did could not be forgiven, and deserves I life he has. Yet, this place would be ruled by this Edward and that wasn't good either. But how did he know that this isn't a lie? And why does he seem not really angry? This was confusing, but he had to make a choice and fast. Either way, the factory would be in danger at one point. Slap wrote to RG-49, "Maybe, Arnie should deal this one, RG-49. I can't tell if Molt is lying, or not. But either way, RG-49, this factory might be in danger."

08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC:
:
if Arnie said sligs were mudokons then RG would go out across Mudos to make sure everybody understood .
That's too hilarious not to be drawn in a picture. I really need to work on a finished RG-49 sketch now...

Great background-story!

---------------------------------------

RG-49 listened to Molt's monolouge, then to Slap. "According to my sensors, the Slig organic was telling the truth. I could not sense any of the signs which liars show. A rather interesting lifestory... Slig organic, you don't keep contact with this Glukkon Wannabe called Edward, right? I also think that he could cause problems to the factory, so it would be best if you severed communication with him. The less information he gets about the factory, the higher advantage we have. We can not let him take over this facility, seeing that it's my primary task to keep the current Boss in the head chair. Speaking of the Boss, I don't think it's a good idea to increase his worries even further. Someone should tell this to his Assistant instead..."

He stopped talking and turned his head around. "Excuse me for a moment..." he said and left the room. After a few seconds, retorts of disagreement could be heard from outside. "...Let me go! I was about to take care of those pipes..."

"...Which are perfectly accessable from the Grinding Station, with that elevator you and Gappiqu installed yesterday, and you didn't have to wander around here to find another way there."

RG-49 came back to the Labs, holding Rick's arm and pulling him inside the room. "What is this all about?" asked Rick, rather annoyed, trying to get his arm out of RG-49's grasp.

"I think I found someone who can tell the Glukkon organic Otto about Edward. Seeing that I can not leave my guard, and he's able to handle it." said RG-49 to Slap and Molt, ignoring Rick. "Slig organic, will you tell him what the Assistant should know?"

08-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Splat

ooc: Did you miss the bits for #7 and Anni in my post, Dripik?

08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: No, the Labs sceene took all my attention when I was replying last time. I'll continue right now.

------------------------------------

"Spice garden?" asked #7 Slig. "I think we used to get the spice from Spice For Price... Nah, Arnie must had his reasons to cancel the contract. Well, if you're OK with gardening, it mustn't be so hard to handle."

He finished his meal. "Yeah, Stivik was sort of strange... always at the place where the important things happened... like that trial last time."

------------------------------------

OOC: Just this short post now, the other characters are waiting for response, and there's a war movie on TV, so I'm off.

08-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

OOC: Guess who's back? Sorry for the extremely long time in between; I think I'm ready to join again, if that's okay...

Name: Sev
Race: Slig
Appearance: Normal Slig look, also has a tattoo of a scrab on his right arm.
Personality: Sev is a strange one. It's quite obvious that Sev has more than one personality; it's just a tad difficult to decipher when. Sometimes Sev can lose all reasoning skills whatsoever, and other times he can be as cool with a situation as Clint Eastwood. Overall, Sev can be strange at some times, yet he's not afraid to get a job done.

IC: Sev woke up after what seemed to be years of sleep.

Sev: "Ow. What the Hell happened here, anyway?"

He looked around drowzily and noticed a huge split metal beam next to where his head was. Sev sighed and picked up his gun.

Sev: "This whole place is STILL fallin' apart. Jeez."

08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Nice to see you Jarnww, again.

Anyway, I'm leaving for a week, so I won't be able to post any time this week.

IC: Molt was confused. How could he possibily stop connection with Edward, if he never knew how to contact him? That was going to be quite hard. Edward could just call the information desk, and he could just find out from Arnie if he fired Molt yet. So did that mean he had to change the phone number of Rupture Farms? He never did anything like that.

Before he could say anything, the robot presented a Mudokon, that was rather pissed by the actions that RG-49 just did. But he understood what to do. Molt had to act serious, even though he was pantless, and declared, "OK Mud, listen up. There is a Glukkon named Edward, trying to take over the factilty, and he is will come here when I get fired, or even when he figures out that anyone gets fired around here. And trust me, this Edward is not pleasent. He will do so many things that you won't like, your will little Mudness will be shrunk into a puddle!! Well, it already is puddle, but you got to do something before it's too late!! Tell the assistant!! Now quick, don't make scat, do something!!"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Slap was rather disgusted at Molt's last sentence, but understood everything. Obviousily, Edward was a threat to the whole factory, and half of the employees around here, would be lucky if they keep their jobs. He couldn't believe how much people were in danger in this factory every day, and only the sane people could help them. Yes, that was probably his second job.

Second job. That thought came to his head. Prehaps in order to stop the peril in the factory, there had to be someone who had to tell them what they are doing wrong. Slap quickly typed to RG-49, "Oh, and Mudokon worker, while you are meeting with Otto, the assistant, can you suggest the idea that there could be threapy sessions, controlled by me, to prevent any more possible accidents?"

08-19-2006, 10:32 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

"Got that, Mudokon organic?" asked RG-49 Rick, releasing his arm.

"A Glukkon trying to take over? No way! We can't let that happen!..." said Rick hastily and ran out of the room. His head appeared at the door after a few seconds. "Oh, and I'll tell Otto about that therapy thing, too." he added and left.

RG-49 turned to Slap. "The way I see it, you and the rest of the medical staff is already working with maximum efficiency. Are you sure you can handle these therapy sessions, Intern organic? A simple training session everyday would be less difficult, and the Sligs could hold them by themselves."

Rick ran around the corridors, looking for Otto. He found him near the Executive Office, accompanied by a Slig and a Vykker he never saw before. He could hear what Otto was saying. "Right, you're both hired. Rygar, go and look for #7 Slig, he's the Boss of Security, green-glowing vizor glass, you can't miss him. Must be around the Cafeteria on the ground floor. He'll tell you what to do exactly. Praetyre, the Lab is just down this corridor. You'll find some people there, I guess."

Otto noticed Rick standing near them. "What is it?"

"I came from the Labs and... Oh, hello, you're new here, right?" said Rick to the others. He looked at Otto. "We need to talk." he said, inclining his head slightly to the others.

"Rygar, Praetyre, move along now, OK?" said Otto. "OK. Here's a conference room, let's go inside." They did so. "So, what is it?" asked Otto.

"It's quite important. I've just talked with Molt..."

"And you survived? Quite an achivement." said Otto.

"What? No, the thing he said is important. He said that a Glukkon called Edward could take this place over." said Rick.

There was silence for a few minutes. Otto was about grin, but he saw the look on Rick's face. "Uh, this is not a joke, right?"

"Definately not. Molt said that if this Glukkon finds out that Molt or someone else gets fired here, he'll come and seize control. Oh, and Slap mentioned a therapy session that could prevent more accidents." added Rick.

08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

(Ooc: Sorry for the lack of input from me, but I'm still here. I ought to post more often... Now, just to get something happening....)

Nails had wondered pointless and lost around the factory for a while (Never gonna take THAT turn again...). He eventualy got back to the R&R, but was drawn by the sounds from the labs. He watched as Rick left, and then decided to walk in himself.
"I was just at the production lines, and- uh." His eyes were greeted by the sights of a mud, an intern and a robot (walk into a bar). Some ash from his fag fell to the floor.
"Hey, it's busy here, isn't it?"

=========

Duagen woke up, without realising that he had fallen asleep. He couldn't have been asleep long, because the machinery still wasn't on. He decided to stay where he was for the time being, and just wait.