Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

12-12-2009, 02:22 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

I'll wait for Guekko. Then I'll have to respond to this mess...

12-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Guekko
Fuzzle

: Jan 2009
: England
: 141
Guekko  (42)

OOC: My apologies for my slow then

IC: Guekko rapped at the floor lightly with the tips of his long nails, thinking to himself. Alright, technology he could do, thinking of ways to try and ask some about something like that was not. Would have been easier if he could have kept hold of his last job, then he wouldn't have to try and think about how to go about such things, but of course that was impossible. Indeed, he would have continued on this train of thought and his incessant finger tapping on the floor had something not made him snap back to reality and his ears twitch. He turned his head to look around him, spotting a group nearby, but they seemed to pass by instead.

Last edited by Guekko; 12-12-2009 at 04:06 PM..
12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Guekko? Everyone's looking at us.

12-12-2009, 03:42 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: "As you wish, Opril." Borso ate the Paramite with a satisfying crunch. He definately enjoyed his vision-free and guilt-free pastry based meal. Borso looked around the door, "Is anyone in there?", before following Opril once more.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

12-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Guekko
Fuzzle

Guekko  (42)

OOC: Are ye sure? On a reread of the previous posts, both Guekko and Krivzee have been walked past, unless I am blind of course
12-12-2009, 04:25 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Then I am stupid.

Krivzee

Krivzee was simply wondering 'what now?'. The answer walked up in front of him. Some sligs and a...vykker.

Vykkers had always rubbed Krivzee the wrong way. Of coarse the very thought of a vykker rubbing a slig is creepy but you know what I mean. Krivzee loves technology. Sure, sligs like their pants but Krivzee loves tech excessively. He loves technology because it makes him feel strong. Tough. Powerful. Would you be scared of a crawling slig? No. But A slig atop an advanced metal motorized pair of legs with a state-of-the-art firearm? Yes, yes you would. When Krivzee works with tech he can make it do wonders. He feels no remorse working on machines. But when he learned that vykkers work on beings own bodies...that seemed repulsive. Metal and wires are inanimate, but a living being's organs and muscles...it should be illegal. Then again, this is the most corrupt form of government possible. Krivzee disagrees with vykker ways and techniques, so he tries to stay away from them. And now this one walks up to him. Great.

Krivzee listened. The vykker made a sick joke about eating him. At this point he was considering cattle-prodding him in the face. One of the sligs made his way to a vendo to get a paramite pie. Ah...nostalgia. Shooting zombies and a firework...
He kinda got lost in the moment. When he snapped out of it he had just heard "He has some strange additions to his pants I've never seen before". He then realized they were talking about HIM. Whoops. He then go lost again thinking about making his pants...hours and hours slaving over an anvil...heh. Version 1 had loose wires and the occasional burst of sparks. Version 2 now had those fixed and was powered with an environmentally friendly motor. The pistons allowed jumping and sprinting. Plus the overdrive allowed for max speed of 30 kph. When Krivzee realized he wasn't paying attention he snapped out of it to find they were talking to a slig. He just looked at Guekko for a second with that 'what just happened?' look. He made up his mind to just go to the office. He went to the door of the executive's and knocked. Not professionally hacked. Knocked.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 12-12-2009 at 06:14 PM..
12-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

Hembar and Anni were following SU-01 who was looking for a corridor where a flying pant could not enter without either crashing or taking serious damages. They went through the grinding area. He finally found better than that. Right in front of them, was standing a remote controlled door leading to the old part of the factory. A maintenance console was right next to it. A cable appeared from under SU-01's body and like a snake, crawled on the ground to the console and plugged itself in one of the maintenance slot. The console screen started to display random characters.

"Those algorithms are so old and easy to crack...Even a slurg could do it" he thoughts.

After bypassing all of the security protocols, the door finally opened. They went through it and SU-01 plugged his cracking module again in the console on the other side. A few seconds later, a message appeared on its screen.

/!\ THIS DOOR HAS BEEN LOCKED FOR SECURITY MEASURES. /!\
/!\ LEVEL 1 SECURITY LOCKDOWN IN PROGRESS /!\

The door closed immediately and locked itself.
They were now in the complete darkness. The only source of light was from SU-01's glowing eyes. He lighted up his armor lights to make the immediate surroundings visible and aimed his tracking projectors right in front of him. He scanned the room, or what was left of it. Heavy fallen metal grates and broken machinery were all over the place.

"Right" he said "I've simulated a security alert on this door. It should get rid of this annoying slig and stay locked long enough to let us enough time...I think you might have noticed it but we're on the destroyed part of the factory. The basement is just under our position. Since the structure is unstable, I suggest you to climb on my armor. I'll then switch to hover mode and try to find a way down.

-----OOC-----

I'll stop here to allow you to ask SU-01 questions if you have some.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 12-13-2009 at 10:20 AM..
12-13-2009, 01:16 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: I'll wait for Anni and Hember.

12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

: Nov 2009
: Brisbane, Australia
: 2,749
enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

[-- Tok --]

He watched the Snoozer approach a door and stop. After a moment it opened and he and the following Mudokons entered.

Tok floated down toward it, but at that moment the door shut. He went over to a console beside it. He pressed some buttons, and it blinked at him:

/!\ THIS AREA IS UNDER A LEVEL 1 SECURITY LOCKDOWN /!\

/!\ PLEASE FIND ANOTHER EXIT /!\

"Uh," said Tok. "Well this sucks."

He tapped a few more keys.

/!\ PLEASE ENTER ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD /!\

Administrator password? Surely it wouldn't be the same as it had been in the old days...? He entered his date of birth, followed by his name in capitals: TOK

Ha! The Snoozer obviously didn't know Tok had been in charge of Security back in the day. But would the password be the same...?

/!\ CORRECT PASSWORD ENTERED /!\

Tok laughed out loud. The Snoozer was so stupid he was surprised it could stand up. It was time to turn off the security lockdown. "Now, which button was that again?" he murmured... "ah, yup." He hit the key.

/!\ SECURITY LOCKDOWN CANNOT BE SHUT OFF FROM INSIDE OF THE LOCKDOWN AREA /!\

Oh. Well. That left him with only one option...

... he threw a grenade at the console.
12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

IC:

After following SU-01 for a short time, Anni and Hembar found themselves in the wrecked part of Rupture Farms. The snoozer stopped after locking the door and said,
"I've simulated a security alert on this door. It should get rid of this annoying slig and stay locked long enough to let us enough time...I think you might have noticed it but we're on the destroyed part of the factory. The basement is just under our position. Since the structure is unstable, I suggest you to climb on my armor. I'll then switch to hover mode and try to find a way down."

"Hold on just a minute," Hembar wasn't about to trust this thing just yet, "Don't you think that slig is going to be a bit suspicious about you taking us mudokons down here? I mean, you have an excuse for taking the prisoner down here, but what about Anni?

"And I'd rather not have to climb on you to get down there, we don't even know why you're doing this. What are you?"

She had come across robotic entities before, but a robot was always logical and calculated, it would just do what it was programmed to do. So what was wrong with this one that was making it behave like this?

12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

@Enchilado : If you really plans to blast that door open, please let us some more time to talk. Thnx

-----IC-----

SU-01 turned to Hembar and said :

"Well, without going deep into the technical stuff, let's just say I'm not a regular Snoozer. In fact, I'm a biologic entity, a slig brain to be more precise into a robotic body. Most of the time, my mind is being controlled by my robotic half. Then, I'm just a regular Snoozer with an advanced A.I. I apply orders, guard what I'm told to guard, shoot what I'm told to shoot. But what Vykkers engineers failed to see is that sometimes, my living half takes over. That's what happened at the labs and..."a little earlier". Of course, my mind is a bit more emotionless as it used to be but just know that back when I had my real body, I've never hurt a single Mudokon. That's what caused my death. You know...A High Ranked Slig Tactician that always refused to beat a single Mudokon.
For now that slig can get as suspicious as he wants. I must admit that I've not yet thought about an excuse. My priority is to get you all to a safer place."

After a short pause, he added "Quite ironic that their "perfect killing machine" is more willing to help mudokons natives instead of shooting them. I'm not asking you to trust me. That wouldn't be reasonnable. What I'm asking you to do is to concider me more like someone who just dont want any of you to die rather than a malfunctionning, heartless industrial machine.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 12-14-2009 at 03:26 AM..
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)enchilado  (3478)

[-- ooc --]

Don't worry, the grenade won't actually blast through the door. But I plan to catch you eventually >
12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

: Dec 2009
: n/a
: 232
~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ooc: Guess I'm waiting on Flad.

-------------------------------------------

Ic: Opril was standing next to the generous and helpful slig that
had helped him get to the Office in the first place, looking over at him.
Before saying a word, he took a sip of some mouthwash he strangely enough..
had on hand. He swished the mouthwash around then spit it out of the floor.
"Aheh, that should help.. But yeah, thanks for helping me around.. Flad, is it?"
Opril smiled, hugging his upper right arm around Flad's neck.

Last edited by ~Oprilthevykker~; 12-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.. : I'll go ahead and make a post though.
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Ench, we just want some time to talk and do some decent character development without it degrading into a fight or an argument. Those are all well and good, but RPGing is about the characters, and sometimes you just want to have characters talk without violence. So give us some space, mm'kay?

IC:
Grace turned as the small crowd entered the lobby to the office, and heard Flad's greeting. "It's escaped!? Odd, I knew I shouldn't've left it. But when you all disappeared, what could I do?!" He added, accusingly. "I just hope it's safe with the robot. I've been knocking on the boss's door, but not getting an answer."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anni bit her lip as she listened to the snoozer's story. Then her fists clenched. "Vykkers, they won't leave anyone alone, will they?" She hissed when he'd finished. SU's story was more or less perfect for getting Anni on your side; a sympathetic slig maimed by her least favourite species in the world. "I know my way around here; I don't need you to carry me. But if you want I can lead you to some safe places, where we won't be found. I used to come down here all the time when I was a little younger. But I think we should hurry; I dunno how long it'll take that slig to find us." She glanced at Mars, who was apparently still playing dead. "Is he ok?"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Well the machines pretty much run themselves most of the time," Jim pointed out. "And with all the excitement, I don't think any security's gonna come back here for a while. I mean apart from the fire the other day, nothing really's gone wrong with the machines all the time I've been here."
Well, that wasn't entirely true, but the accident in the grinders that nearly cost him and another mudokon their lives was technically caused by a mechanical breakdown that occured before he arrived. But still only two real accidents in all this time wasn't a bad record, was it?

ooc: W@RF 9 is getting lengthy. I might talk to Dripik about starting W@RF 10 soon. Just a new thread, starting exactly where this thread ends; a new version usually starts every 30 pages or so. I'll have a word with him on MSN when I get the chance.

Last edited by Splat; 12-13-2009 at 05:06 PM..
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

I can't help it. Tok has a mind of his own - really. I jumped in his head and this is what he wanted to do.

However, I can stop him getting through the door by making it too tough for him. And what will he do then...?
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Go somewhere else and do something else? Go and make friends with the other sligs? Or the two new mudokons wondering around? I might being Dionysia away from #7 Slig and someone could bump into her. 0_o

12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
enchilado
I don't even know!

Um... unfortunately Tok isn't in the mood for making friends. He wants to kill Mars. I'll try calm him down gradually but he's a Slig, he's not gonna just give up straight away.
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

Mars

IC: Upon hearing Anni, Mars simply raised his hand lazily, saying "Yo", as his hand fell down limp. It was stupid, but Mars had learned how to ignore everything and sleep. He could ignore cold metal. He began to snore a bit. All the running had made him sleepy. He could only take so much chaos and madness, before he got bored and falls asleep.

OOC: I can seriously do this.

12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

When he finished talking to Hembar, he turned to Anni :

" I was almost sure you'll know this area. That's one of the reason why I wanted you here. The other reason is that I planned to hide him (he slightly rose his arms where Mars was now sleeping) into the basement and I needed you to tell your Paramites friend not to eat him. I would stay there a couple of day, you'll find him industrial clothes and he'll get back into the factory like a normal Mudokon looking for a job. Everyone needs another chance...I know what I'm talking about"

The word Paramite had awaken something in his memory. He saw him acting like shooting paramites in front of Anni to frighten her a little earlier.

He went closer to Anni and said, looking straight into her eyes :

"By the way, I'm truly sorry about making you thought I murdered some of your friends down there. Back then, I was in "managed mode". I did not even have to shoot something while I went through the basement the first time...Sorry."

-----OOC-----

Thank you Mars I guess I'll spell the word "Vykker" wrong for ever

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 12-14-2009 at 12:57 PM..
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

sigh...

Jimmy? First, a while back you spelt Vykker wrong again. Second, instead of 'had to shoot something', try 'have to shoot something'. Third, you said 'he roses slightly his arms', when it should've been 'he rose his arms slightly' or 'he slightly rose his arms'.

It's okay, everyone makes mistakes .

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 12-13-2009 at 10:12 PM..
12-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC:

Just remember Mars, English isn't Jimmy's first language so he does actually have very good grammer all things considered. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't correct him, but it's probably best to politely do it via PM

IC:

"Alright," Hembar said in reply to SU-01, "Well, Anni does have a point, we better get moving again before that slig finds us again."

Unlike Anni, she didn't know the area very well at all, but she was nimble enough that she was sure she could get down without any trouble anyway.

<•-•-•-•-•>

"Well, if you say so," Ralph answered Jim. He started to walk away from the production lines then realised something and stopped suddenly, turning back to Jim, "Where do you think she'd be?"

12-14-2009, 04:52 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
Flad replied to Grace; "Yeah I hope so too."
Then Opril spat out some mouthwash onto the floor and approached Flad. Opril gave his thanks to Flad and hugged his arm around Flad's neck. "Woah, ok, ok." Flad said laughing, "If you keep this up your going to strangle me." He said jokely and carefully removed Opril's arm from his neck. "Well I guess all we can do now is wait for the boss... He has to come out sometime" Flad said, leant against a wall and looked at the mouthwash on the floor. "The boss ain't gonna like that." He said.

-----------------

The Main lift finally reached the second floor and Slen stepped out. "N-nobodies here." Slen said to Erp. "Is this place a-abandoned or something? Guess we better start looking for that office."

EDIT:
I should have been clearer about Flad's actions, sorry Opril.

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 12-14-2009 at 01:37 PM..
12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ic: Opril shrugs, leaning against a wall too.. now seemingly pissed off at Flad.
"Yeah, whatever." Having his arm jerked off of what he thought was his friend.
"Well I guess all we can do now is wait for the boss... He has to come out sometime"
Flad said. "He'll live, trust me." He sighed, slightly knocking his head on the wall.

12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: Borso was getting annoyed about getting left out. "Hey, I'm here too." Borso twirled his revolver and then juggled it mid air, hoping to impress Flad and Opril.

Borso looked towards the fellows, "So Flad, Opril... where did you guys grow up?"

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
Borso called out to Flad and Opril and started twirling and juggling his revolver. After doing so he asked Flad and Opril where they grew up.

"Well, I was at the Slig birthing complex to start with... But for some reason I can't remember anything about the place. Afterwards I went to the Slig Barracks, the same one general Dripik used to live at. But I didn't like my superior Glukkon so I left and traveled around Mudos taking random jobs, mostly guard duty... Then that whole thing at the pie factory happened. But i'm sure you remember that. Then I ended up here.

OOC:
That was more of a quick summary of Flad's life story .

My DA page.

12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ic:
Opril glared at Borso, as he spun his gun around. "Oh Jeez, put an eye out
why don't you?" He said, with a tone of anger and annoyance. "So Flad, Opril... where did you guys grow up?" Borso had asked. "Well, I was at the Slig birthing complex to start with... But for some reason I can't remember anything about the place. Afterwards I went to the Slig Barracks, the same one general Dripik used to live at. But I didn't like my superior Glukkon so I left and traveled around Mudos taking random jobs, mostly guard duty... Then that whole thing at the pie factory happened. But I'm sure you remember that. Then I ended up here." Flad, had replied saying to Borso.
Opril snarled and folded all four of his arms, turning his head away from the sligs.

"Why's it matter where I was born? But anyway, it was apparently in a small cave outside of new yolk city. My real mother was obviously a poor and not very intelligent vykker that was unable to afford a child.. however, two clacker's that wanted a child adopted me.. and raised me until I turned twenty, when they all but vanished.
After that I started my own business a few miles away from the New yolk city,
(They currently had a doctor at the time.) that was [ironically] burnt down by an group of outlaws, after being one of the most popular medical center's that an injured outlaw or clacker could go to. And I ended up at a meat factory.. Happy? "Opril finding it depressing and difficult to talk about his past, sighed out of sorrow.. wishing he'd known his biological mother. "But, things are looking up for me I suppose." He said, while turning back toward the two.

----------------------------------------

Ooc: "That was more of a quick summary of Flad's life story."
Ditto, same with Opril.

Last edited by ~Oprilthevykker~; 12-14-2009 at 03:47 PM.. : Sorry XD
12-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Guekko
Fuzzle

Guekko  (42)

Guekko's glowing eyes had been focused on the passing group but he turned back to Krivzee, giving to him as identical a look as a Glukkon could. Seeing Krivzee move off, Guekko followed, his awkward stride making his shoulder dip with each step he took. He stood near to Krivzee as the Slig knocked on the door, well, at least that wouldn't go calling the security down upon them, or it shouldn't do anyway. He did not much more than stand nearby, scratching at the floor as he seems to have a habit of doing.
12-15-2009, 03:50 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: I miss Dripik. I miss how everyone hates me in fact.

12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
I guess we just need to wait for the Muds and SU-01 to sort things out.

IC:
"Odd, it's that feeling again." Flad thought. He couldn't fight it, he had no reason to. He just had this overwhelming urge to make everyone feel better. Flad walked up to Opril and put his hand on Opril's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. "Things are gonna get better" Flad said, "We're outside the boss's office and this place seems almost empty. I'm sure he will hire us all, he must need the extra workforce. I mean there's about four Sligs in this room, you and that glukkon over there. All i've seen apart from us is that Snoozer and a few of Muds. I'm sure it takes more then that to keep this place running."

Flad turned to Borso "So, what's your story?" He asked.

My DA page.

12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

Ic: Opril sighed, sadly.. his arms flail at his sides. "Things are gonna get better, we're outside the boss's office and this place seems almost empty. I'm sure he will hire us all, he must need the extra workforce. I mean there's about four Sligs in this room, you and that glukkon over there. All i've seen apart from us is that Snoozer and a few of Muds. I'm sure it takes more then that to keep this place running." The Slig said with his hand on Opril's shoulder, seemingly trying to comfort him. "Yeah.. your right, I'm just kinda .. ya-know, sad about the whole ordeal. I'm not really even accepted by my own race being blind in one eye and all. Growing up all the other young Vykker's made fun of me.."
He turned around, having thrown all four of his arms around Flad, hugging him.
"Your the only real friend I've ever had, and I'm lucky to have met you." Opril said to Flad, unaware of if he made the slig feel uncomfortable by hugging onto him.