Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-13-2017, 08:25 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

:
What's more, if we assume that you're right and Sask appears in the opening cinematic of NnT, then he's got a moustache. The boss in that picture doesn't have a moustache. Ergo, it's not Sask.

SeƱor Sask, Manager of RuptureFarms 2022

04-13-2017, 08:33 PM
JayDee
Global Moderator
Problem Sleuth

: Aug 2008
: AAAAAA
: 1,119
JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)JayDee  (1389)

:
I know what you said, but you haven't inferred what I said correctly. Let me clarify: If Sask was the manager of a slaughterhouse, why would he have a staff portrait at Flub Fuels?
It just seems like you're putting your fingers in your ears and humming to yourself at this point. The "evidence" that Sask and Lulu worked at a slaughterhouse in that interview was a hypothetical situation that Lorne seemed to have made up in the interview in order to explain the mechanic of assisting Lulu throughout the game. Nowhere else in canon, or concept is this situation mentioned.

:
Wil has always been a voice of authority
If that's the case then surely you should take his authority on the fact that his 14 year old self isn't the most reliable source for this, especially when he states that in the exact same post as some kind of act of universal cognisance.
:
He might have been the son-in-law of the boss of the apparently-abattoir facility they both worked at, but I'm not so sure about that.
It just seems as though your point rested on a very flimsy hypothetical. I'm not saying that it's entirely wrong, there's just more concrete evidence to the contrary.

:
JayDee, I don't dislike you; I disagreed with you. Don't take it personally. It's called an open forum for a reason. If you've got a problem with me: Message me.
Please understand the importance of the winky face. I was only Joshing.

04-13-2017, 08:57 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

I'm debating; I'm having fun talking about a twenty-year-old franchise. It's why we're all here. I can really do without the incessant, passive-aggressive attacks. Instead of saying I'm "putting [my] fingers in [my] ears and humming to [myself]", offer your argument and we can discuss the franchise we both love, regardless of our individual head-canons.

:
The "evidence" that Sask and Lulu worked at a slaughterhouse in that interview was a hypothetical situation ... to explain the mechanic of assisting Lulu throughout the game. Nowhere else in canon, or concept is this situation mentioned.
:
There's just more concrete evidence to the contrary.
Yet the only in-universe evidence alludes to Lulu and Sask working at a slaughterhouse rather than Flub Fuels, as per the New 'n' Tasty intro scene.

:
If that's the case then surely you should take his authority on the fact that his 14 year old self isn't the most reliable source for this, especially when he states that in the exact same post as some kind of act of universal cognisance.
Lanning's interview attests to everything Wil said. I'm siding with 14-year-old Wil/Lanning on this one.

:
It just seems as though your point rested on a very flimsy hypothetical.
What theory isn't flimsy and hypothetical though? It's Oddworld, not Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. We don't have an appendix and 5,000 pages of world history to decipher; we have five games—one of them a remake—and about an hour's worth of raw cinematic story. We do, however, have dozens, if not hundred, of lore-heavy interviews, which have also blatantly stated that Lulu and Sask work in a slaughterhouse.

:
Please understand the importance of the winky face. I was only Joshing.
It seemed sardonic. I apologise.

04-13-2017, 09:08 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Why are you still going on about this, kjj? Lulu worked at a bunch of places. He probably worked at both the slaughterhouse and Flub Fuels. Why can't that image be of FF?

04-13-2017, 09:11 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

:
Why are you still going on about this, kjj?
There's not much else to talk about, and I'm honestly enjoying the discourse.

:
Lulu worked at a bunch of places. He probably worked at both the slaughterhouse and Flub Fuels.
I agree, but what about Sask's portrait?

Of course, the obvious explanation is "plans changed", but that's no fun to theorise about.

04-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

How about you provide evidence that it is indeed Sask in that portrait rather than any other Glukkon before continuing down that road?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed the comb-over. And this image shows that what I thought was a moustache was actually his mouth, with teeth splitting up the blackness.

My best guess right now is that both Lulu and Sask were promoted together for their shared success. Because those building designs that JayDee posted really do look the same to me.

04-14-2017, 04:51 AM
Vlam
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2003
: ARG
: 1,239
Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)

:
Yet the only in-universe evidence alludes to Lulu and Sask working at a slaughterhouse rather than Flub Fuels, as per the New 'n' Tasty intro scene.
Well, that makes sense. Plus, wasn't Lulu meant to be in charge of RuptureFarms?

:
They'd love to get a hold on a factory like that, but if they did, Lady Margaret would place responcibility for the disaster on their shoulders, in order to get the Chroniclers off her back. That's where Lulu comes in - or would have, had that plot device not been excluded from the final draft of MO. However, in non-written canon, he may well have been about to step in and replace Molluck, as a Daily Deception Online headline a while ago did explain that RuptureFarms' grand reopening had been cancelled.
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showth...t=8353&page=10

:
The Magog Cartel suffered a huge loss when RuptureFarms was shut down (we never saw it destroyed, but its ruins were supposed to appear in the first level of Munch’s Oddysee) not just because of the loss of income it generated. It also wasted the Moolah of a lot of stockholders and investors, and in the absence of Molluck responsibility for this rests firmly on Lady Margaret. Any Glukkon would love to step up and assume control of RuptureFarms, but he’d need to take the rap for the factory’s massive financial and totalitarian failuresm and no Glukkon is both willing and able to do this. For RuptureFarms to reopen, Maggie needs a wealthy but stupid fall guy. Someone like Lulu.
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showpo...postcount=1163

:
I remembered the many additions to the RuptureFarms Annual Board Meeting in the opening of New 'n' Tasty. There are two glukkons on the opening panel. One of them is Lulu, also referred to as "Lil Lacky".
It could be foreshadowing!

Last edited by Vlam; 04-14-2017 at 05:55 AM..