Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

11-06-2009, 09:13 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

OOC: Are you really sure RPGs are your thing? You don't seem to be able to give other players a chance to post. I'm waiting on Gretin too.

11-06-2009, 12:45 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

shush

11-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Hehe, classic RPG problem Everyone is waiting for everyone ...Erm, anyway, we all have a real life, away from the computer

-----IC-----

As he was on his way to Arnie's office, SU-01 went through the machinery area. He stopped in the middle of a room, not being able to move.
"Managed mode has been repaired, now rebooting systems..."His eyes went off for a few seconds, and when they lighted up again, he had recovered that robotic behavior of him. He saw some Mudokons employees (Jim, Anni [sorry if I forgot someone ] and an outlaw (Skullik). They were the first crew he met since he left the basement, not so long ago.

"I should warn them until this security issue is sorted..."he thought.
"Your attention, please ! As you might know, the basement is infested with paramites. I just went through their territory and they might be a little upset right now. Since you're working pretty close to it, I recommend all of you to be carefull. At least, until this problem is solved, and I can assume this is gonna be taking care of soon. So be prepared to have some more paramite meat to work on..." A reloading sound came from his guns as he was switching from his now useless nonlethal ammo to his standard bullets.

He took a few steps away from the group and stopped.
"I will act like I didn't notice that little paramite with you...until I get further instructions..." He left the room and a few minutes later, finally arrived in front of the boss office. Due to the recent security alert, the surroundings were crowded by sligs."I'll wait for the things to calm down." he thought.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 11-08-2009 at 01:34 AM..
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

Name: Flad
Race: Slig

Appearance: The same as any other slig drone most distinguishing feature is his rusty slig pants.

Personality: Originally the same as any other guard slig however during his travels has begun to forget his "hardening" at the birthing complex and sometimes becomes distracted when around native species and wild animals.

Equipment: ordinary "goggled" slig mask, rusty slig pants and a blunderbuss

History: Flad began his life as slig no 34680 at the slig birthing complex but now has very little memory of his time there. He then enrolled at the slig barracks however left shortly afterwards due to a combination of disliking the glukkon in charge and wanting to go out and explore oddworld. He decided to name himself flad and spent the past few years wandering oddworld while working temporary as a guard for many different organizations in order to pay for his travels. However due to his recent distractions caused around native species and animals Flad has been refused work many times and he has not been able to afford maintenance for his pants. He has recently heard of the reopening of Rupture Farms, hearing it is seriously understaffed is sure he will get a new job.

IC: At the station the huge train came to a halt and a slig (Flad) stumbled out of the train, his mask's IR lenses glowed red, his shotgun like blunderbust almost glowed in the factory light, his pants... well his pants had seen better days. Flad's pants are rusty, rust can be seen almost all over his pants there are also small dents at the top of his pants as if they had been struck multiple times.

Flad took a couple of steps forward and quickly looked around the station *wow this place is big* he thought *ah, a directory that'll help me find da boss* he walked up to the directory and touched it

SUCURITY LEVEL HIGH: ACCESS DENIED.

*hm something seems to be going on here... If I help solve whatever the problem is da boss... what was his name, Barnie no Arnie that was it is sure to give me a job.* Flad then walked towards and through the doorway into the factory not really knowing where he was going but held his gun like he had a purpose his pants letting out a small high pitched screech every few steps.

My DA page.

11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: You have a lack of grammer, originality, and direction. 1st, just because this is a fan site doesn't mean you can speak illegibly. 2nd, rusty pants and a nature guy. Plus he just looks like an ordinary slig. Honestly...
3rd, YOU PUT THE PROFILE ON W@RF PROFILE THREAD V2!!! JEEZ!

11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC: well hello to you too.

I'm sorry if you find my posts lacking originality or grammer and so on but i'm new at this and Flad is my first character, If you can think of improvements to my posting then tell me and I will be glad to take them into account and edit my first post accordingly.

I posted my profile into the W@RF profile thread v2 and splat told me to post it here as well.

I need to go now but I will be back in about 3 or 4 hours to read anything else you post

My DA page.

11-08-2009, 10:31 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

Sorry, that was a bit rash.
1. Take your time with these. Read it to yourself to see if It sounds right.
2. A little more history and something to make Flad stand out would be great!
3. Whoops.

11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC:
Actually,
1st: His writing is legible; granted it's not perfect but I can understand it and that's more than I can say for a lot of the people who have joined over the years.

2nd: We need ordinary characters for this RPG to survive. I personally think his profile is just fine, and Splat has also said so. There comes a point where there is no such thing as originality anyway.

3rd: I have no idea what you're on about, he posted his profile in W@RF Profile Thread V.2 like he was supposed to and posted it here like he was supposed to, so... what's the problem?

So welcome to the RPG, slig# 5719 Good to see someone who can construct a solid character profile and who can actually spell the word "the" Just work on your punctuation a bit, without commas it kind of looks like we'd run out of breath trying to read your sentences

Now, I should probably post IC sometime like now...

IC:

"Anyway," Anni declared loudly, "What we're doing is," She glanced at Jim, "Meat comes through that little hatchways and down the conveyor and gets ground up and then over there it gets pounded. So we have to make sure it's getting mushed up properly and then if it doesn't we probably mess with the controls until it does."

Ralph nodded, "Sounds straightforward enough. But once we get things running down here, it's probably best if I head back up to the packaging area myself, since that's the job I was assigned to. But it'd be very useful if one of you could come with me for that."

Just then, a snoozer (SU-01) entered the room, appearing to have come from the basement. It walked closer to them, then started speaking in a robotic voice:

"Your attention, please ! As you might know, the basement is infested with paramites. I just went through their territory and they might be a little upset right now. Since you're working pretty close to it, I recommend all of you to be carefull. At least, until this problem is solved, and I can assume this is gonna be taking care of soon. So be prepared to have some more paramite meat to work on..."

Shrugging, Ralph moved to start working as the snoozer started walking away, then it spoke again:

"I will act like I didn't notice that little paramite with you...until I get further instructions..."

"What... paramite...?" looking around the room as the snoozer left, Ralph's eyes stopped on the huge bag belonging to the outlaw (Skullik). Quickly putting two and two together, he asked somewhat incredulously, "You're carrying a paramite with you like it's some kind of pet?"

11-08-2009, 10:57 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

IC: Mars stared at the ruckus happening. And why is there a snoozer here. They. Kick. Ass. And nobody likes to be on the ass side of an ass-kicking.
Mars kept looking for an opening. When that "Anni" was alone. He had read that she's nice to everyone but vykkers. Well, odd bless muds.
Listening in, he heard something about a paramite infestation. Right, okayyy........ImustnotfearfearisthemindkillerthatbringstotaloblivionImustnotf
earfearisthemindkillerthatbringstotaloblivion.

OOC: I'm sorry about slig5719, okay? Really...

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 11-08-2009 at 11:02 PM..
11-08-2009, 11:38 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: Should I act like I've got a job now? Or should I wait for Dripik to RP with Arnie? To be honest I feel like it'll be a long long wait

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

11-08-2009, 11:40 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

Do what feels right. Unless it's murder.

11-08-2009, 11:42 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC: There was a change of plans so I won't be away for 3-4 hours

@ gretin: thanks for the welcome, i'll do my best to improve my writing it's never been my strong point)

@ MarsMudoken: it's ok I forgive you
I do have some ideas for a backstory, i'll probably include it during conversations between characters. I also have some ideas for a flashback at the birthing complex.
I noticed you thought flad was a nature guy. I probably should have been clearer. It's more his lack of being in an industrial environment has caused him to start reverting to the natural slig personality (love and nurture everything). He will be fighting the impulse to do so though.

I'll just look back and make sure I know who and where everyone is and post IC soon.

My DA page.

11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Whoops again. I have something close. My character, Krivzee, didn't get enough torture. So he's not that mean to most. Unless you're a jackass. He, unlike you're character, simply isn't too mean. Not fighting between good and evil.

11-09-2009, 02:01 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC: I've been reading back and looking at the map. I think Skullig, Jim, Anni and Mars (hiding) are in the production lines and SU-01 is leaving. (correct me if i'm wrong)

IC:
Flad left the station and turned to his right. He saw two doors, one saying "Production and Packaging" the other "Main Lifts"
"Well I better stay on this floor, wouldn't want to get lost. I'm sure there's someone in P+P" he thought.
Flad entered P+P and noticed a large conveyor belt transporting mushed up meat from the floor below. "someone must be operating the machines" he thought.
Flad walked up to the conveyor and shouted to the floor below "HELLO, ANYONE THERE?"
"if anyone's there they probably wouldn't be able to hear me with all this machinery. Wait I bet I could get there by using the main lift"
Flad left P+P and took the main lift down to the floor below.

OOC: Hope that's better.

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 11-09-2009 at 05:48 AM..
11-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: to coin an expression from our AWOL leader...

Mars, you are getting on my nerves again. It is not your job to enforce law and order against everyone. Especially when said 'anyone' has done nothing wrong and is doing considerably better than you have. Nothing annoys me in this RPG more than people telling new members things that aren't correct.
Slig 5719 was right to post his profile here and in the RPG thread, which is a rule, and always has been a rule, even though you chose to ignore it yourself.
His character is clearly well thought out, unusual or not. Better to have a fairly average guy than a big bunch of vykkers lab mutants or whatever. Plus the complexity of his character already shows that he actually has some hope. His character is well thoguht out, other than a certain native I could name walking heavily armed into an industrial facility and asking for a job for no readily apparent reason.

Mars, don't try an uphold any rules until you're certain that you understand yourself, cus otherwise you just make people angry.

Gretin, thanks for being such a calm, slow-to-anger guy, and putting up with me all these years Everyone, if you're going to criticise someone, first walk a mile in Gretin's shoes. Then give him his shoes back.

And 5719, sorry for your slightly disparaging arrival; I really hope this RPG can live up to some of your expectations. I recommend you move you

Dripik, I know you are unlawfully busy with university, coursework, presentations and a whole bunch of other stuff, but we need you!!!

IC:
Anni heard the snoozer thing talk, with a slight look of panic blooming in her eyes. Jim, also picking up on the implications of the robot's message, caught her look. "Don't do anything stupid," He muttered under his breath.

"Um," Anni said, ignoring Ralph, "I just remembered, someone-ought-to-go-and-make-sure-that-robot-knows-where-its-going-I-better-check-it's-ok!" Then she legged it after the snoozer, unknowingly shooting past Mars hidden in his shadow (sorry), and pelted down the corridor after the robot.
She caught up with the robot just as it was surveying the sligs gathered outside of the boss's office, "Um, hey! Wait!" She hissed, hoping the sligs wouldn't hear her, "Listen, um, those paramites down there! I mean, the boss already knows about them, and he's tried to get rid of them before but it hasn't really worked so in the end he's left them alone! So you know, if you go and tell him about them now, you'll just be telling him something he already knows, and it'll just make him annoyed, which you don't want to do, do you! 'Cus then he'll be stressed and angry and stuff and he might say you should be taken to be scrapped or something!" She way laying it on a bit thick here, but Somi and her friends were down there, and she didn't want them getting hurt.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Back in the production lines, Jim heard the yell of the slig above and flinched. Just what he needed, more trouble! He started edging towards the door, hoping to go unnoticed.

11-09-2009, 02:49 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: 1. I'm sorry. 2. A minor, setback.

IC: Losing his chance, Mars bolted for the corridor, whilst keeping to the shadows.

OOC: Jim sees something move that's it.

IC: As Mars ran, he thought that all he needed to do was get rid of that snoozer. But how? Mars listened in as he noticed Anni was speaking to the snoozer "...paramites down there! I mean, the boss already knows about them, and he's tried to get rid of them before but it hasn't really worked so in the end he's left them alone! So you know, if you go and tell him about them now, you'll just be telling him something he already knows, and it'll just make him annoyed, which you don't want to do, do you! 'Cus then he'll be stressed and angry and stuff and he might say you should be taken to be scrapped or something!" Alright. So the robot would go to do something else or Anni will. He can be patient...

11-09-2009, 08:05 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
The main lift finally reached the ground floor and the lift doors opened.
Through them Flad could see into the production lines. He could see an outlaw and a Mudokon, for some reason the Mudokon looked confused.
"What's an outlaw doing in this part of mudos" Flad thought. "More importantly why is he talking to a slave"
He entered the production lines to ask him. As he entered he saw out of the corner of his eye a figure (mars) leaving through another doorway. Then he noticed another Mudokon near the doorway with his head down.
"best not to talk to the slaves, could get me in trouble" he thought.
Flad left the production lines in the direction the figure left without giving the mudokons or the Outlaw a second glance.
"I hope that figure whatever it is can help me out" he thought

OOC:
Flad doesn't know that the mudokens aren't slaves yet.

Is arnie's office the executive office or somewhere else?

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 11-09-2009 at 10:34 AM..
11-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Ralph is a mudokon, not a vykker

11-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

While he was waiting near the Executive's Office, SU-01 saw one of the mudokon he just warned before, at the production lines.

"the boss already knows about them, and he's tried to get rid of them before but it hasn't really worked so in the end he's left them alone! So you know, if you go and tell him about them now, you'll just be telling him something he already knows, and it'll just make him annoyed, which you don't want to do, do you! 'Cus then he'll be stressed and angry and stuff and he might say you should be taken to be scrapped or something!"

After analyzing her voice, SU-01 determined that she was either lying or trying to dissuade him for some reason. Then he remembered that outlaw with a Paramite as a pet, and thought she might be in the same case. Anyway, since he came back into "managed mode", he had recovered his cold and inflexible way of thinking. Those paramites were only data, numbers and heat signatures to him, like every other thing.

"The boss might be aware of the situation and if he failed to regain control of his own factory's basement, it was probably by lack of means. He might also not wanted to send sligs guards down there as they would have probably been killed. But since I'm a robot, I don't care being attacked and destroyed...or scrapped (and that probably won't happen anytime soon). I think he'll be glad to have :

1°/ A more secured facility (= profit)
2°/ Meat he won't have to pay for...(= more profit)
3°/ ...and can get process and sold to get even more profit.

So either you don't mind being eaten at your work post by a dozen of hungry paramites; and believe me, I've been through their territory and they don't have much left to eat; or you are like this outlaw and have some "friend" down here that might have already tested my new high-impact explosive rounds. Or how to get paramite pies in less than 3 seconds."

He acted like firing at paramites by spinning his guns and playing bullets, paramites hisses and disgusting flesh sounds followed by his classical "Headshot" taunt through his speakers.
Again, he didn't meant to scare that Mudokon, but it was like his robotic half knew what happened while it was out of order, and tried to compensate in some sick kind of way. Plus he didn't even fire a single shot while going through the basement.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 11-09-2009 at 12:17 PM..
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
Oops I read Ralph, Vykker codename... and assumed he was a vykker. (that'll teach me to read the whole post in the profile section)

Off to correct my post.

EDIT:
All done it should be correct now

EDIT 2:
Or maybe not, I can't believe I spelt mudokon wrong four times. NOW it should be correct.

My DA page.

Last edited by slig# 5719; 11-09-2009 at 10:38 AM..
11-09-2009, 10:30 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)
Happy 100'th POST!

OOC: Guys, this is my 100th post. I'd like to thank the creator of the site, the mods who uphold justice, my friends, and everyone who's worked in some small way to make this place awesome. My first post was my profile for Mars. Heck, my name's Mars. Mars Leland Morand. Since I have such a silly name, I can use it online and people rarely ever think It's my own name. I found this site after looking on the oddworld site. I found it rather boring...until I noticed the RPGs. Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Of coarse when I joined I suffered the incredibly long wait of activation, the torture we've all endured. So when months later when I got activated, I sent myself to the best RPG on the site: W@RF. Mars the Mudoken is me. He modeled after me in every way. Yes, I do hate haircuts (unless my hair gets curly). I find it easier to play as myself. You don't have to think about the character's personality. Just do what you wanna do. Even if that means becoming Rupture Farms Most Wanted Criminal. I am proud to call myself a mudoken terrorist. Beats sitting around pulling levers. I've even made another character called Krivzee Dekim, a slig technician. He's currently running for his life with his buddy Guekko. So guys I wanted to thank you for putting up with my antics. I've triple-posted and I am sorry slig 5719. May the Gods of Olympus be at your side to help you write beautifully. So as my 100th post, I resolve to not make the mistakes I've already made. I'll make new ones !

PS: Jimmy-le-sniper? You claim in you signature that English is not your mothers tongue. Well you did make an error. At the end of your post you say ' didn't even fired a single shot. That's wrong because you did it like it happened a while ago. 'fire', is the word you're looking for, because 'fire' (in this case) means to shoot. Fired means you already did. And you were saying it was happening right now because it's after what you said before. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but there's erasing mistakes and then fixing them. So here's an example. See, writing it like: Didn't even fire a single shot: sounds better (no offense), or rather more accurate, than: didn't even fired a single shot. Alright. Now that that's finished, I'd like to show you guys the most annoying and irritating thing about me: my split personalitied thinking.

IC: Mars felt this strange feeling inside him, something of joy. Why, he had no idea. It was spontaneous and nothing had happened to cause it. Mars turned his head to Anni as she finished speaking. Mars suddenly heard footsteps, flipping around to see some slig. With very creaky pants too. He goggles looked kind of foggy...he might have a bit of trouble seeing.
Mars turned around to Anni and the snoozer. Nothing. 'Just give them a couple minutes' the reassuring voice said inside his brain. 'But what if they walk of together?' said the nervous, doubting voice. 'what, into the sunset?:P' said that annoying joking voice. 'well we have a spocebow-' started that non-caring evil voice.

'ENOUGH' Mars screamed into his brain. Well how was that supposed to help!? He just yelled at himself. Well think-yelled. Oh dear lords this is confusing...wait, ANNI!

Mars's eyes suddenly tuned on again as he stopped looking at his thoughts and at Anni. The snoozer responded to her suddenly "The boss might be aware of the situation and if he failed to regain control of his own factory's basement, it was probably by lack of means. He might also not wanted to send sligs guards down there as they would have probably been killed. But since I'm a robot, I don't care being attacked and destroyed...or scrapped (and that probably won't happen anytime soon). I think he'll be glad to have :

1°/ A more secured facility (= profit)
2°/ Meat he won't have to pay for...(= more profit)
3°/ ...and can get process and sold to get even more profit.

So either you don't mind being eaten at your work post by a dozen of hungry paramites; and believe me, I've been through their territory and they don't have much left to eat; or you are like this outlaw and have some "friend" down here that might have already tested my new high-impact explosive rounds. Or how to get paramite pies in less than 3 seconds." 'YIPEE!' Mars thought happily. 'If the snoozer wants to kill the paramites he'll be away from Anni...killing innocent creatures...right......CURSE MY CONSCIENCE! '

Mars tiptoed next to Anni, attempting to get in the shadows in front of her, since coming from behind would scare her. Mars used years of sneaking power for the perfect tiptoe, a combination of speed and silence, to get to Anni. When he was in the perfect spot, he came a bit out of the shadows, saying softly and calmly "I'm on your side".

OOC: There are more voices where that came from. I am sorry, but most things in my life are decided by the ruckus of thoughts arguing in my head. At least I finally did this.

And ya, 100 posts For The Win.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 11-09-2009 at 11:29 AM..
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:
Flad finally reached the first floor. The stairs here really didn't agree with his pants.
When he reached the corridor he heard a robotic voice say:

So either you don't mind being eaten at your work post by a dozen of hungry paramites; and believe me, I've been through their territory and they don't have much left to eat; or you are like this outlaw and have some "friend" down here that might have already tested my new high-impact explosive rounds. Or how to get paramite pies in less than 3 seconds."

Flad turned in the direction of the voice. To his surprise he saw a snoozer spinning it's guns while making sounds of bullets, paramite noises and some splattering sounds closely followed by "Headshot"
While this was going on Flad was sure he saw something move closer to the mudokon.
"Probably just my imagination" he thought. "Wait a moment there's a mudokon standing in front of that snoozer. Why is a snoozer doing that in front of a slave? It doesn't make any sense. unless mudokons here aren't sl- no that's just stupid, i'll have to ask da boss.

My DA page.

11-09-2009, 11:25 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: A long post Mars, but actually one which contained a lot of information!
I'm going to post in-character, so everyone doesn't forget me!

IC: Borso was sleeping again. He had a dream where he was being chased by Abe. "Help! Help!", he kept yelling. Suddenly he woke up and accidently hit his head on the wall. "Ow!" He looked around for Arnie, but Arnie seemed preoccupied with something.

'Time to stretch my legs', Borso thought. Although technically, Slig pants were made just to regulation size and never needed stretching... unless you were born as a skinny Slig. Borso left the executive office. 'Maybe that Grace fellow can give me some advice or something?'

Borso looked around for a while, before spotting Grace. "Hi! Any luck finding that escaped Mudokon?" Borso thought it would be incredibly boring to hand the larger Slig a cigarette, so he held out his hand for Grace to shake. Borso was hoping to make a couple of friends here. Really good friends.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 11-09-2009 at 11:28 AM..
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Um, isn't that corrider near the production lines that Anni, the snoozer and I are in right next to the executive office? Well, Borso and Grace may find 'that escaped mudoken' sooner than they'd expect. And right when I'm going to save paramites...

Speaking of paramites, slig #5719 (I'm getting close to remembering your name) Jimmy was talking about how the snoozer considered gunning paramites and screaming headshot, not actually doing it. Sorry, easy mistake.

11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: True, he wasn't actually shooting them, but he was playing sounds as if he was:
:
He acted like firing at paramites by spinning his guns and playing bullets, paramites hisses and disgusting flesh sounds followed by his classical "Headshot" taunt through his speakers.
So slig# 5719 was quite correct.

And no, I think according to the map the executive office is on the next floor up from where your character is.

11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Splat

EDIT: Gretin beat me to it.

ooc: Mars, Jimmy's snoozer imitated the actions, doing more than just thinking about it but play-acting it, too, so 5719 was right, not you. Please don't feel the need to correct everyone all of the time.

And guys, please remember W@RFs post per day rule; you can only post twice IC every day.

As for your own post, Mars, I'm slightly confused. Ok, Mars might have sneaked down the corridor in shadows I guess, but how would be emerge from the shadows so Anni would see him and SU wouldn't? Unless he either came out behind Anni, but you deliberately said he didn't, or he came out behind SU, but then how could he whisper to Anni without the robot hearing him, too?

For the sake of this post, I'm going to have to assume he didn't come out of the shadows and she just heard his voice.

IC:
Grace looked down with mild surprise as the weedy slig appeared at his side. Ignoring the proffered hand, he replied, "Oddly, no. Walking ten metres down a corridor hasn't helped me find the native. But it ran in this direction," He went on, walking away from the direction of the production lines and the robot that was half-blocking the other end of the corridor (though to be honest he was only guessing which way the mudokon had gone, but he wasn't going to show his ignorance when he didn't have to), "And like most terrorists it's aim is probably to convince the other muds to join its rebellion, and to shut down the factory, so I'm going to check some of the worker areas, and then makesure factory security is up to scratch."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A short way back down the corridor, Anni stamped her foot in anger (brought on by fear, mainly, at the thought that this machine might already have hurt her friend), "Don't be stupid! There are loads of animals down there and they've never bothered the factory. They're not stupid; they know if they start attacking us, then we'll start attacking them! They've never hurt anyone except people stupid enough to go walking in their territory! Do you really think you alone could kill all of the animals down there? If you go down there and start attacking them, then they'll destroy you and retaliate by attacking employees! Which means less profits!" So angry was she, that she failed to hear the rusty-panted slig walking up behind her, "Plus if you start shooting down there with explosive bullets or whatever, you'll probably destroy the pipes and stuff down there and end up shutting down or blowing up the whole factory!"

A voice off to her side suddenly whispered something like, "I'm on your side."
"Huh, what?" She said, too annoyed to think that whoever was speaking to her might be looking for secrecy, and turned, looking for whoever had spoken to her.

The back of her left hand was itching.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jim resumed breathing when the slig left, and shiftily returned to work.

Last edited by Splat; 11-09-2009 at 12:37 PM..
11-09-2009, 01:54 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)
Drunk Introducing...arguments. And now for something completley different...

OOC: Splat, look, if someone does something that interacts with my character, I react to it. I've learned my lesson about too much posting but 80% of all people on this site seem to live in England. Alexfili does, you do, Guekko does. England is the new Oddworld guys. I'm on 18 hours a day, sometimes 20 or 22. I don't want to be mean and I don't think this posting thing is so bad. You live on the other side of Earth guys! You play at day so It's no big problem. The only person posting when you're sleeping is me!

Now, to business. I thought that the Snoozer had left for the paramites, so I'm sorry about the mix-up. As for how to deal with all these people I have no Ideas. I've also included something I've had since birth that will be in future posts: My mind.

IC: The second Mars was about to speak Anni screeched with what Mars calls nagging. After whispering he instantly regretted it, since Anni was in a foul mood. What was he supposed to do? Mr. Rust-pants was here so he had another one to deal with...hmm...

Mars started thinking with his personalities: 'Well...at least she heard you.' 'And what if the snoozer heard you!? WE'RE GONNA DIE!' 'Calm down we have the ring.' 'Ring? It's a tattoo now damnit! Just grab the spear, plunge it into the snoozer, grab the spoocebow and blow the slig to pieces! MUHAHAHA-' 'Yes, destroy everything. That'll help how? Anni will be as freaked of Mudokon terrorists as much as Ralph!...I think that was his name...' 'Can't remember huh? HAH! Well he'll remember YOU if you destroy the Snoozer and slig!' 'Look, there's got to be a logical solution that will fix everything. So: the slig's a new guy by the look of him...-' 'Ah, yes...being new...good times, right guys?' 'We should've just crouched, pulled up the spear and impaled that big bro.' 'It was like a wild animal. It was scared of us.' 'Are you kidding?' 'Something tells me you are...' 'The glukkon was scared of us! It was freakin' terrified! 'Close an lock...heh.'
'We've been thinking long enough. Time for some stratagy. Now, the slig-' 'Rusty (snicker)' '*sigh*, well, the slig should leave soon, and that snoozer should leave too.' 'Pfff, anyone would to get away from that nagging hag!' 'We will wait and be calm.' 'Cmon, I've got an itchy trigger finger.' 'Your itchy trigger finger has nearly killed us!!! And I'm not feeling lucky!!!
' 'We wait...we wait for them to finish.' 'Or we could lead them away one by one Anni is alone.' 'What, so you can kiss her?' 'Bethanna would be ashamed of you!' 'Let's just lead them away. Then explain everything to Anni.'

As Mars finished his enormous thinking, he concluded the best way to get Anni alone would be...What?. How could he move the Snoozer? Or the slig? Hmm...the slig needs a job so he'll look around or ask directions, either one will of coarse send him away. The Snoozer isn't programmed to lay around (I think) so he'll leave for something. Anni might go to the paramites. So long as the Snoozer dosn't chose to blast em'. Then there will be no paramites to go to. He would wait...

OOC: I understand this is confusing with my mind but this stuff happens in real life. Really, this is daily. Now here's a guide:

Calm, Optomistic: This one is handy to listen to. Too bad I'm impatiant for not listening. All great meditaters have this personality. Because sometimes waiting is the best plan.

Strategic, Heroic: Doing good...It's the hard path. Plans usually come from good guys. Notice how all good heroes are good leaders. I'm usually not. But you can be a good guy nonetheless.

Reckless, Violent, Evil: Recklessnes comes from this I'm sure. Using it for good though isn't that hard. This is all the primal instincts we have. Evolution saved us from being savages or, worse, burgers for some other sentinent life.

Sarcastic, Joking, Sassy: Uh...I hate this voice. Having a sense of humor is great but not if you're mean. This one combined with the red one makes bullies. I speak the truth. Use this and watch what you say to be funny. You can be offensive.

Panic, Fear, Doubt: Everyone get scared, but the only thing to fear is fear itself. This can be hard since you know what scares you. It also tends to think everything is impossible. Trust me, I know.

Sentimental: Looking back on things, doing things as they should be, this is always a good feeling. Valuing awesomeness over efficiency is rare, but a rewarding feeling. Tends to make friends too. Or rather keep them.

Love, Caring: What started in evolution as mating, turned into loving, which doesn't always end in mating and rarely is ever about it. I think people rarely know true love. It's a beautiful feeling. I have it...I think. But there's also caring, for friends and family. This of coarse is useless to evolution, but friends are great. It'll also help you with love relationships.

I must sound ridiculous doing this but I really think it's nice to write this down. Not only does it help you understand my color coded thoughts but I think that reminding us of the things that make us human, mudokon, slig, glukkon, paramite, scrab, gabbit or God, is rather important, no matter where we are. So this was writtin. There.

And I'm sure someone going to hate me for this despite that good speech.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 11-09-2009 at 02:29 PM..
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Splat

ooc: Mars, the post per day rule is in place to help people who live on the other side of the world, so they don't get flooded out. So you don't have to be online 18 hours a day.

Mars, seriously, you don't have to make every other post in this thread yours. Seriously! The story isn't going to leap forward without you if you turn off your computer for 20 hours; you may not have noticed but things are tending to move pretty slowly around here.

Note that Gretin (he is so my favourite example for everything today, especially for quoting geniuses in his signature) rarely posts, but he's still an active, contributing member of the RPG.

Two IC posts max per day. Thems be the rules.

And you ruined your speech by talking about evolution as if it's fact.

Last edited by Splat; 11-09-2009 at 02:44 PM..
11-09-2009, 02:45 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: WHY MUST YOU BE SO EEVVVIILLL!!!!

I mean really. I like being on the other side of the world. It's great here trust me. Also what do you mean with this stuff about me making posts mine. I'm just confused. I won't post thought till' 12:00 midnight or if Jimmy posts if he hears my character. Because I will not wait for the next post with bullets flying at me.

Also what did you think of my speech?

11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Splat

ooc: I never said anything about living on the other side of the world. I said that the PPD rule is there so that people who live on the other side of the world get the opportunity to post as regularly as everyone else. On another website I used to RPG but all of the members lived in America and would post solidly for about five hours every day; they would be logging off just as I came online, so I would basically post once for every 10 posts be everyone else, so I was never able to get involved in anything and I was forced to leave the RPG. The posts-per-day rule prevents that. That's why it is there, and that is why you have to keep to it!
Mars, please just take some advice and post here less frequently. The number of ooc posts in this thread is getting silly.

You DO NOT need to post OOC every time someone else posts events that do not involve your character. You do not need to say 'hi' to everyone who joins the RPG and you do not need to point out rules that you barely understand yourself. When you correct someone when they were right and you were wrong, it just annoys people.
You MUST NOT post IC more than twice in every 24 hour period.
No one else is posting more than twice a day either, so there is no chance on you missing out on the action if you have to go offline for a few hours. I never use the internet at weekends but I never have trouble staying involved in the action of the RPG.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please do so with me via PM. This is the last post in this thread I want to see on this subject by anyone and while I do want to be fair, I will infract you if you keep posting so much.

Last edited by Splat; 11-09-2009 at 02:58 PM..