Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2001
: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)
Bitlocker Closing Down

This arrived in my email today:
"Dear Bitlocker Member:

As of June 15, 2001, the Bitlocker service will no longer be available.

Please export your data before this date, as you will not have access to it
afterwards.

Sincerely,
The Bitlocker Team"

This is very bad news. Everyone make sure you copy down your stats and information for your character before Bitlocker closes. What service will we use now to store/change stats?
05-30-2001, 08:02 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

oh... dear...

i think, until we find anything better, we should have an ongoing post, with a link at the top, with our stats in it, where we post any changes. perhaps Grid could patrol this or something, to make sure we don't cheat...

about those links, when are we going to get a shop bar at the top? i know we have more serious problems, but i thought i'd mention it while i remember.

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

05-31-2001, 10:56 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Pacen mentioned this to me on MSN earlier... and I too got the email when I came home from work. I'm sure everyone else would have got this also.

I'll be keeping a backup of the database and also looking for another service/alternative that we can use. In the meantime I think that Rettick's idea of a ongoing post will suffice until anything else can be found. Hopefully there is another database server out there, or Oddworld-Web's server has something we can use.

Rettick: as my role in the RPG has pretty much died now days due to other committments, can you or another member please be kind enough to let me know which shops have been moved over. I'm not sure if it's fair for me to move Loreisha's shop over as it's no use paying a non-playing character.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

05-31-2001, 03:49 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i have moved the pet shop and the restaurant over. grid has kinda moved the weapons shop over too, but he's not really playing these days either, so i don't know what's happening there. were there any more than those four?

do you mind me selling the healing power at my new shop? i thought, since you weren't playing right now that you wouldn't, but i thought i'd check.

shall i get someone else to take over the running of your shop, and bring it over? i'm sure Pacen would appreciate it...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.