"Hmmm....When will this end?......i wanna go see tha Boss.......Hmmm....."
said Zomb.

01-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Fil, please do not post short, pointless posts, as they contribute nothing to the plot and only serve to fill up the thread faster and wreck the RPG. Your character is waiting like everyone else. You don't need to post to say 'My character is still waiting'.

01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
SlagoTheSlig
Zappfly

: Jan 2009
: Oddworld
: 19
SlagoTheSlig  (10)

OOC:I made my character so can I join now?
01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Post your character profile here and in the W@RF profile thread, and then you can begin.
Make sure you've read the RPG rules thread and if you need it, the Info and Advice for RPG newbies thread first!

01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
SlagoTheSlig
Zappfly

SlagoTheSlig  (10)

ooc: okay splat I'll do it

IC:

A train arrived.A slig stepped out.
--------------------------------

Name:Slago
Species:Slig
Appearance:Looks like every other slig except his mask is darker.
Weapon:Machine gun like other sligs
Personality:Slago is a nice slig but sometimes cruel.His favorite drink is non-alcoholic brew.
Bio:Slago used to work in Rupture farms until it got destroyed.

Last edited by SlagoTheSlig; 01-16-2009 at 04:20 PM..
01-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

Skullik's bright red eyes darted over to some certain fellows heading over towards the cafeteria. In fact, a LOT of characters were joining in the cafeteria. What would be attracting these employees to the hall of foods and mess? Lunch time already? Skullik, carrying a hardened look on his rumpy face, tromped towards the doors of the cafeteria, hoping to find someone to help out a newbie. The Outlaw stopped right infront of the doors. He sighed, rather dramatically to himself. Lexi poked her face out of the bag, peering around the forest of sinister looking machines. The paramite shuddered as Skullik forced her back into the bag. The Outlaw grunted and shoved the doors of the cafeteria open.

He looked around the place. People of small sizes and large, familiar and new species, gathered 'round ..... Skullik wanted to call for help but .... not wanting to attract attention ..... The Outlaw gave a light hiss, hopefully just one other individual would hear his voice and ask "Yes. whaddya want?"
01-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

When SU-01 saw the outlaw standing right in front of the cafeteria, he came near him, quickly scanned him and said : "A meeting is about to start. Just take a seat, like the others. I must demand you if you've any weapon to unload the ammo clip out of it. We don't want any security incident here. Thank you for your comprehension."

Like he did before, he returned to his previous place, in a corner of the room.

"An outlaw with a paramite in his backpack...I think he's here to apply for a job, but I should keep an eye on him."

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 01-17-2009 at 06:37 AM..
01-17-2009, 06:00 AM
SlagoTheSlig
Zappfly

SlagoTheSlig  (10)

Slago walked into the cafeteria."Where's the boss?"Asked Slago.
01-17-2009, 06:29 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

OOC: An Outlaw Slig with a paramite in his backpack? Skullik isn't a Slig, he's an Outlaw. Those green reptile men from Stranger's Wrath, just to let ya know Jimmy le sniper.

IC: Skullik let out a low grunt as he nodded his head in response to the robot. He didn't have any real weapons on him though. Well, no guns or knives or anything like that. The Outlaw bowed his head as a sign of "thank you kind sir" to the robot. The walking metl beast was like nothing he's ever laid his red eyes on before. Upon the robot's departure, Skullik took his seat on a small chair, placing his backpack on the ground next to him. Lexi panted in waiting.
01-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Whoops ! Sorry, my bad. Never played this game so...Thought your character was some kind of big bro slig or something

Don't worry, I got it now !

PS : Edited my post

01-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Holland
: 242
Fil The Slig  (-66)

( This,is an Outlaw...)

01-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr's eyes widened behind his visor. Some HUGE thing just walked into the cafeteria and took a seat as if oblivious to its own stature. The northern Slig had never seen such a big guy before, though he assumed a Big Bro must be about the same. Gewehr scanned the behemoth up and down several times coveting the bulging and rippling muscles that the thing had. Gewehr dreamed of one day walking around boasting about his own muscles and fine weaponry. Perhaps if he could prove his worth... no that sounds like work. Perhaps he could trick his employers into thinking they needed higher level security and would pay for his transformation.
Gewehr no longer noticed he was staring strait on at the behemoth creature as he lost in his day dreams of power.
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Fil, if someone wants to see how Outlaws look like, they can visit TOGG or some other website. No need for these kind of posts. Especially these short ones. You must have noticed that most of us give a lot of detail when we post. Aiming for something similar would do you - and Slago - good.

-----------------------------------------------

People started to gather around in the Cafeteria. They seemed a bit restless and tired of waiting, so Arnie decided to start - not that he wanted to be influenced by workers anymore. He wanted control over them - something he has been lacking all this time.

"Alright, gather 'round and listen up!" he shouted. In that same moment, a skidding screech could be heard from the entrance. #7 Slig slid into view, hurrying towards the group, panting "I'm here, I'm here, sorry!"

Arnie didn't comment of #7 Slig's being late, but the Glukkon looked at the Slig reproachfully. #7 Slig remembered the state he left Arnie in the previous day - it seemed it was not over yet. Avoiding trouble, he stood next to the two Glukkons in silence, leaning on his shotgun.

Arnie looked back at the group in front of him. "Let me assure you all, being late will not be tolerated in the future. I told you to be here - twice. If some workers failed to do so, they will receive the appropriate treatment. That's all I'm saying." There was silence for a moment. He looked around, from the older employees, like Arthur and Dek, to the newer ones, like the giant Outlaw (Skullik), some Sligs (Gewehr, Zomb, etc.) and a new robot (SU-01).

"Now, I don't know what you newbies heard about this place, but we're in bad shape currently." continued Arnie, under the pressure of his still-throbbing temple. "We've had animals going loose inside the building, we've had fires, explosions... All this due mostly to unefficiency of my employees." He remained silent again for a bit, letting his words to sink in for everyone.

"To cut it short, I want you all to be at a certain workpost. I've always been trying to assign employees by taking their skills into consideration, yet they seem to fail following orders on certain occasions. Again, this I will not tolerate."

"There are three areas in the factory which need living workforce: the Production Lines, the Packaging area and the product warehouse. Other areas only need occasional attendance, these three are more important, so I'll assign you to one of them. Seeing that there are more Sligs around than we need, they will fill in some of those posts which are traditionally filled by Mudkons." #7 Slig's eyes darted to Arnie, swallowing hard.

"So let's see..." Arnie looked around again, thinking hard. "The first group will be Jim, Anni... and you over there, new Slig." he said, looking at Gewehr. "You three will be at Production Lines. Make sure that everything's OK after yesterday's fire, then start the machinery - and keep it running for a change."

"You over there..." adressing Roy. "...Arthur, Dionysia - second group, to the warehouse. And you three..." meaning Maggie, Conway and Ralph "...third group, to Packaging. Those who have received their orders shall leave and get to work now. The rest of you, gather around. Your jobs are a bit more specific, it needs some planning."

-----------------------------------------------

OOC: I stop here to avoid an over-longish post. That's enough to digest for now.

01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Splat

Krik had finished his fone-call and had a quick glance at the clock in the office before heading out into the corridor. Making a guess at how long the meeting was likely to last, he should still have a fair amount of time to snoop around the lab. He wasn't exactly fond of the pushy vykker, Dek, and had little respect for Arnie, so he intended to see what trouble he could dig up.

He reached the lab and let himself in. The door to the cage room where the captured native was being held had swung almost closed, so he couldn't see inside. Never mind; he doubted the mud would try anything, and he didn't have time to worry about it. He busied himself searching (not particularly quietly) around the lab.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Anni had looked with some excitement at the huge newcomer; she had no idea what it was but she was enthusiastic to learn more. Before she could go and talk to it, however, Arnie had started his speech.
Her face had fallen towards the end; she was happy to work with a slig and with Jim, but she knew about Jim's fear of sligs and thought that this turn of events was unlikely to end well.
But then she had a brilliant plan! She could ask Arnie if she and Jim could work with the big new worker, instead of with the slig! Arnie would understand! He was a nice guy, afterall! The flowers she had painted on the cafeteria wall ages ago were still there (if somewhat faded; she would have to touch them up with some fresh paint some time). She wasn't as naive as she was when she painted them, but she was sure any glukkon nice enough to let them stay there wouldn't mind letting her and Jim work with someone other than a slig.

Forgetting to worry about Dek, she ran to the front of the room and called out, "Um, Arnie, Boss, Jim doesn't really like sligs; I mean he's pretty afraid of them, and he won't work very well around one, so is it ok if we work with... um, that big guy over there instead?" She waved a hand vaguely towards the outlaw.

Dionysia grinned as Arnie started his speech. So the idiot glukkon had finally decided to start managing his factory! She smirked as the first group was announced.
And then Arnie wiped the smirk off of her face.

"You over there... Arthur, Dionysia - second group, to the warehouse."

He expected her to go and work like a mud? What was wrong with him?! She glared furiously at the slig Arnie had pointed to - she vaguely recognised him but couldn't remember much about him.

When Arnie dismissed them, she stayed very firmly where she was, her face a picture of rage.

ooc: Look out Hembar!!!

01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

When Arnie finished the first part of his meeting, and the others employees were leaving the Cafeteria, except a slig (Dionysia) witch looked really angry, SU-01 made a few steps to get closer to Arnie, even if he stayed away from the group around the boss.

"I'll be waiting everything is finished and everyone is gone to tell him about what's going on" he thought.

He unloaded his hypodermic ammunitions, making a slightly louder noise than usual, to remind the others that he was still here.

01-17-2009, 03:41 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

OOC: -Emerges from the shadows-

IC: Roy listened closely as Arnie spoke. He would look around the huge room every once in a while at all the other species of creatures but kept quiet and listened to the Boss. He was now fully awake and was ready to get to work. He didn't know what job he may get or who he may be working with but it made him excited and nervous at the same time. He swallowed hard as Arnie addressed him along with Arthur and Dionysia. 'Warehouse?' He thought. He looked around the room again now a little shaken. 'This factory is so big!'
--------
Corky gave a loud yawn as Arnie spoke. He also looked around the room eyeing a couple of the others he then noticed Maggie. He freaked and if it weren't for his fat Slog standing right beside him he would've falling over. He straightend up and walked over to the Boss as did some of the others that also did not have any jobs...yet. "Let's hope we get something good Phats." He whispered to his Slog with a grin.

OOC: Hehe hoho haha xD -Steps back into the shadows-
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

01-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr listened as the boss started talking but quickly dozed off bored by the conversation that didn't include shooting guns(though he could of sworn he heard something about explosions and fires). The boss droned on eventually assigning inhabitants to teams. Gewehr saw one of his team mates((Anni)) and decided when the boss stopped flapping his gums to introduce himself.
When the boss stopped talking Gewehr hopped off his seat, his pants hissing in detest, making his way over to the Mudokon. However this Mudokon was also making its way over to the boss. Gewehr took his time catching up to the Mud looking around at the other employees... some of 'em were pretty weird looking. Once Gewehr was close enough he over heard his newly assigned team mate saying: "... of them, and he won't work very well around one, so is it ok if we work with... um, that big guy over there instead?"

Gewehr inwardly swore. His team mate hadn't even so much as looked at him and already the Mud was trying to get someone else. That huge thing no even! Unable to resist Gewehr exclaimed, "Ug! That big lug!? He might be big, but he ain't no Slig! I'm not just brawn ya know! I'm very intelliagent."
Gewehr stared at the ceiling for a sec racking his brain for a way to show how smart he was. It hurt his head a little, but then he figured it out. Gewehr detached the ammo stick from his gun and showed it to the Mudokon. "Math is just like ammunition. If ya got a full ammo clip that's 60 shots. If ya see a run away Mudokon and hold down the trigger till he dies, which takes a total of 16 seconds including bullets used on his fallen body to make him stop twitching, and you shoot 3 shots per second then... you prolly missed the first 3 and destroyed him with the remaining 45. That would leave you with... 12 bullets in your ammo clip."
The northern Slig held his head high feeling very proud about showing off his skills. It was weird though, if he did the calculations when it came to engineering or well... anything non-gun related he lost his ability to do math. Most Vykkers didn't enjoy him drawing bullets, dead bodies, and guns all over their schematics.

Last edited by Venks; 01-17-2009 at 08:46 PM..
01-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

"Can i talk to the Boss now?" said Zomb.
He searched for Boss,with his eyes.

01-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Splat

Anni turned to the slig when she heard him talk and looked apologetic. By the time he had finished his speech, she looked somewhat different. "Um... Sorry. I really like sligs; it's just my friend, Jim, is scared of them, and he wouldn't be able to work very well around one. I hope I didn't offend you." She tried a friendly smile.

Krik searched briefly through the shelves and cabinets but there was nothing special or unusual. He did slip a bottle of pills into his bag (because it was hard to get supplies like that in his situation) but was mostly disappointed. He glanced towards the door to the cage room, but decided to leave it till last because it was the room he could best explain his presence in if Dek caught him. He headed into the storeroom instead.

01-18-2009, 06:00 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

RG eyed the female Mudokon (Anni) as she approached Arnie and told him about Jim's phobia of Sligs. He decided to share his thoughts with them. "Boss, if I may interrupt... A Mudokon being afraid of Sligs is quite a natural condition in Industrial environments."

"True." nodded Arnie, then looked back at Anni. "Why do you think that's unusual? I'd expect Mudokons to work efficiently under Slig supervision, under all the pressure and the occasional beating. Besides, this Slig here..." he inclined his head towards Gewehr, who, in the meantime, delivered a lecture about Mudokon extermination. "...will be working just like you two. Of course, he'll be authorized to put pressure on you if you happen to forget about your job..." he raised his brows mockingly.

He looked at the Outlaw (Skullik) again and thought things over. "Then again, what I have in mind for him is just a plan, so he will need to do something else until then." he thought. Arnie called out to the Outlaw. "OK, you're going to join these three until further notice."

----------------------------------------

OOC: Others will receive their orders soon, I still have 3 exams to be concerned with.

01-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

Skullik listened intently to the Gluk Boss. Catching every bit of info he can. It seems as though this Meat-processing plant has gone through some serious Hell. Fires? Wild animals? This could be a PERFECT job for himself. Skullik always had experience with wild and crazy. The way this factory is going, wild and crazy won't be too far away.

The Gluk was approached by a couple individuals. One of them was a female Mudokon (Anni) speaking to the boss about some bussiness. Skullik knows very little about Muds but he knew this Mud in particular was just talking about him. Skullik's red eyes were wide-open in fear, thankfully, his solid visors don't allow others to look at his eyes (Aside from the eerie red glow emitting from em'). Please don't force me to get any uneeded attention, Skullik said in his mind. Things seemed get worse when a cocky Slig tried bragging about crud.

"OK, You're going to join these three until further notice." The Big Cheese Gluk said. Skullik cocked his head to the side. The Outlaw took the order and stood up. He slipped on his backpack and tromped over to the group. two Muds and a Slig. the Outlaw personally had no clue what to say or how to even speak correctly to others. How long has it been since he's ever spoken a word? Skullik, embarrasingly staring at his feet, grunted out the word "H-Hi?"

Last edited by Chronicler; 01-18-2009 at 07:17 AM..
01-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Despite Gewehr's very well display of possible mental ability the Mudokon just apologised explaining that her friend was afraid of Sligs. The Mud also smiled at the northern Slig... that was weird. The last time he had seen a Mudokon smile was when he and some coworkers had tricked it into thinking they were gonna share some food with it if it met an unreachable quota. Somehow he managed to do it, but dang the look on his face when we said he had a better chance of running a company then getting food from us. I normally prefer physically assaulting Mudokons, but that was actually pretty funny.

The proud Slig then remembered he was talking to somebody and snapped out of his memory. He was about to reply when some computery robot thingy pointed out that Mudokons are suppose to be afraid of Sligs. The boss agreed and decided that the huge thing would also join the group. As the behemoth stomped on over to the team Gewehr scowled. The boss had said something about him having to work as well. It would be easy to make the Mudokons do his share of the work. This big thing might squish him, or worse, make him do the big thing's work! The big thing opened it's maw and stuttered to say hi. It looked as stupid as it was big. Perhaps Gewehr could out smart the thing and command it around... well that would be new... a Slig using its brain to over come something!?
Gewehr chuckled inwardly and decided to try to take command over the group, "Well guys ya heard da boss! Let's go round up that Jim guy and get to our post! I'm sure boss got more things ta botha with then our ugly mugs all day."

Last edited by Venks; 01-18-2009 at 08:32 AM..
01-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Hearing the door to the labs open, Hembar held a finger to her mouth to motion to Ark to be quiet. She heard the noise of the vykker (Krik) outside doing who-knows-what and decided to risk a small peek.

Looking through a crack in the door, she could see him searching through cupboards and drawers. She wasn't sure what he was looking for, since she didn't realise he didn't work here, but she did know that if he came into this room it wouldn't end well!

Turning back to Ark she came right up to the cage, crouched down and whispered quietly, "Ok, there's a vykker in the next room so we don't have much time."
She stood upright and started chanting silently, mystical energy flowing around her and become more and more dense. Then suddenly the energy all surged together and there was a flash of light. Everything was silent for a moment, then click! The lock on the cage unlocked itself and the door swung open.

Walking back to the door, she had another peek. The vykker was not in sight anymore, but she could sense that he was in the next room.

"Ok," she whispered to Ark again, "it's now or never. You ready to make a run for it?"

01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

IC: “Hmm… well, I suppose it would both help and damage my current position” Ark said in a matter of fact tone, looking up at the female mudokon, “I am under official employment of this facility. Though, admittedly, I do not much enjoy it in this cage. So to answer your question… sure, why not, it’s not like I’m going to go far and I would rather not be enclosed.”

Ark smirked as he contemplated his position, and now knew (due to whom he was getting help from) that the indeed were starting to send Arnie the rejects or the experiments; ‘I mean how many female muds are in this place’ he thought to himself, though the novelty was already wearing off.

“Spring me,” he said to her, getting to his feet with renewed energy, his tattoos again catching more light than usual.

01-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

Zomb goes to Annie.
He Carefully asks: :"Do you know who's Da Boss here?"

01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

OOC: I wish not to look rude, but Fil, don't ya think Zomb would know who the boss is by now? The boss has been giving out orders to most people for two long posts already. I know this is the job of a mod, but I'd also like to mention that many people are adding detail to their posts, while you just make these short two sentance posts. I'm sorry, but it's just my petpeeve to see a few short uneeded posts mixed in with all of these detailed paragraphic posts. Sorry again.

Last edited by Chronicler; 01-19-2009 at 08:35 AM..
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Fil The Slig
Boombat

Fil The Slig  (-66)

OOC:
Long posts are stupid.
You dont want to read them.
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

On the contrary, the more detail you add, the longer will be your post, the better it is.
Nobody wants to read 2 lines long posts.
It will increase the number of pages of the RPG and the story will slow down.

01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

:
OOC:
Long posts are stupid.
You dont want to read them.
OOC: Have you looked at anyone else's posts or, for that matter, dripiks? (who started this RP in the first place?)

IC: Slash turned his head at Arnie. Was he in a bad mood today, or...was something wrong with him before? (as now he seemed more typically Glukkon). At least he appeared to have a clear head now, and be better able to cope with the demands of running the place.

---

Silph decided it might be time to get up. He didn't want to get marked down for being particularly late being he was newer here. He got up and yawned, stretching his mandibles, as he got up and headed for the cafeteria, scratching his back as he went. He stopped outside and listened. He wasn't too late, but the boss sounded different. He tried to sneak unnoticed to the nearest seat, and sat down, not sure if he'd been noticed.
01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Hembar turned back to Ark in surprise as he stated matter-of-factly, “I am under official employment of this facility."

"What?!" she exclaimed, almost forgetting to whisper, "You work here? I thought you'd been captured, being in a cage and all. What were you doing in there?

She wondered if she'd perhaps acted a little prematurely freeing this mudokon now.

<•-•-•-•-•>

Ralph wasn't entirely sure who his assigned workmates were, but he knew where he was heading, so he promptly got up and left the cafeteria after Arnie commanded him to Packaging. Walking straight to the main lifts, he stopped inside and waited to see if the other two would come the same way.

Last edited by Gretin; 01-19-2009 at 12:02 PM.. : More detail