07-02-2001, 06:51 PM
yelhsa arat grenz
Zappfly

: Jul 2001
: chippewa falls, WI, U S of A
: 1
yelhsa arat grenz  (10)
its the last seconds of abe-x

after you turn the final exit wheel, and you fall down, there's a screen w/ three bombs and a bird portal. I can't stay in it. Do I need to? I am 3 guys short of 300 and i was told that that was where they were. Let me know whats up.

07-02-2001, 08:40 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

The three Mudokons should be before the little wheel you turn that takes you to the bird porthole. The place your in know is the place where you escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

07-03-2001, 11:33 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hello, Ana Ant, welcome to thae forums! And hello, Oddsville, welcome back! how's your site doing?

Ana, I suppose you know there is a bad ending, and a good ending for Abe's games.

Well, that screen with three bombs and a bird portal actually IS the bad ending.

If you save at least 150 mudokons, the trap door in that screen will be open, and Abe will fall to the lower screen, where there is a few mudokons, and the bird portal that will bring Abe to the Monsaic Sanctum in safe. That's the GOOD ENDING.

but if you don't save at least 150 muds, the trap door in that screen (with three bombs and the portal) will be closed, and the bird portal will bring Abe back to Soulstorm Brewery, into the BAD ENDING.

I hope I cleared your doubts

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Lampion ]
07-11-2001, 05:13 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

no you don't need to
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

07-21-2001, 04:24 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

lampi, i just had a thought. if there are 4 muds on the bottom level, what happens if you've rescued between 146 and 150, so you haven't rescued enough for the good ending yet, but you would if it let you down to the good ending level. would it still stop you at the bad ending level? did i make any sense there?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

07-24-2001, 02:19 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Sure, Rettick, you did!

Well, that's a good question, I've never thought of that...but I guess that if you turn the final wheel with 146 saved mudokons, the trap door will be open, because you can't get out of the Soulstorm Brewery without saving those last 4 mudokons.

If you reach that screen with the last four muds, when you chant to open your scape portal, another portal will open in the backgrounds, so that the 4 mud can scape.

Did I make any sense??
07-26-2001, 02:24 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

heh, a lot more than i did, lampi! although it still hasn't cleared up the question... anybody have enough time on their hands to try it?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

07-28-2001, 10:59 PM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

I've thought of that, but i doubt it will work. The lowest amount of mudokons you can rescue and still get the good ending is 154.