08-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

: Nov 2001
: Albion, New York (United states)
: 101
Andrea  (10)
Happy Reunited with Oddworld...

I haven't been here for ages because I had outgrown my interest in Oddworld. Until last night. I was at a graduation party for my friend and at the party, there was an Xbox and behold, Munch's Oddysee. I hadn't played Munch's Oddysee since Spring of 2002.

08-24-2003, 02:52 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Those who leave the light, eventually come back to it...............Those with brains anyway! Welcome back! We won't torture you for leavin'! Really!

Anyway, I can understand how people need a brake from something until they get back in the groove. Take me for example. I love to draw, but haven't been feeling very artistic lately, so I don't want to draw until I feel like it, because no matter how hard I try to get back into the habbit.......I just can't get into it, and then I'm usually left with crappy work that I end up throwing away! So I'll wait until my creative juices get flowing again. I have been writting a lot lately though, so there must be a balance I guess.

08-24-2003, 03:04 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

I had that exact thing happen to me! But it only happened for a mont or so... I was tired of waiting for Munch, so I told myself, "Myself, I don't care anymore!" But once Munch came out and I heard the cool stuff about it, I liked it again!

08-24-2003, 03:20 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

*pops in a cd and plays a song* "Reunited and it feels so good!"

08-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Forbidden Paradise
Boombat

: Mar 2003
: Adelaide, Australia
: 238
Forbidden Paradise  (10)

Is it possible that one who has never played MO at all can still remain loyal to Oddworld after all this time...

Yes, I can
08-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Welcome back Andrea!

Us Oddworld fans have to be a very loyal (and patient) bunch. The wait between games is far between, and the information we receive is of little. One can see how some can get bored for a while or may even give up hope. But it is the loyal fan that will come back, even if they have an absence.

I myself sometimes find my interest lacking. Not totally, but sometimes I find myself into the Final Fantasy games more than Oddworld. Because there's nothing going on w/ Oddworld at the time and there is new info on FF. But Oddworld always remains my favorite no matter what. It's a constant, even if sometimes it is in the background. Being into FF as well works good for me though ... because it gives me something to be interested in while the Oddworld information is lacking.

So even if it might seem like you are out of Oddworld for a while, it's just that little thing that might spark the interest again. In your case playing MO again w/ some friends. For others it's new news or information.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

09-17-2003, 03:23 PM
LuLu_Fund
Thudslug

: Jul 2003
: Oddworld
: 164
LuLu_Fund  (10)

I haven't played FF in ages.... you know, all this time on FF7, and I STILL haven't got to the 3rd disc yet??!!! It's always on and off!

I still have a long way to go before I'm bored of Oddworld!!

Visit LuLu_Fund's OFFICIAL website outside Oddworld :: click here

09-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

this should be in the "Welcomes & Birthdays"

*moves*

09-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by LuLu_Fund
I haven't played FF in ages.... you know, all this time on FF7, and I STILL haven't got to the 3rd disc yet??!!! It's always on and off!
May I ask, what do you think of Sephiroth? Sorry, couldn't resist asking, I'm too much of a fan-girl.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

09-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

Welcome back! Andrea! have fun (Again)