Boombat

: Mar 2005
: Oregon
: 205
big bro slig #1  (14)
A Little Report on Saturn

I made a report on Saturn for school.

SATURN
Hello, my name is Cass, and I am going to tell you about Saturn.
Right now, I’m going to tell you about its amazing rings. The rings are made up of chunks of ice from as small as dust to as big as cars! There are hundreds upon hundreds of these chunks caught in its gravitational pull. If you happen to see Saturn, get a normal telescope and you might be able to see the rings.

Now I’ll tell you about its numerous moons. Did you know, that it has over 50 moons, with some not yet discovered? Its biggest moon, Titan, is VERY cold, and is probably not the best tourist attraction. Titan is even larger than Mercury! It is the only moon in our solar system to have a fully developed atmosphere, weird huh?

My next subject is the weather. Saturn’s atmosphere is not very interesting to look at from afar. But with enhanced color imagery, you can se bands of AMAZING clouds. Saturn has so many RAGING storms, some could even tear you apart!

How about I throw in some interesting facts? Saturn is does not have a ‘surface’ in the sense that the earth does. It would be impossible to land a spacecraft on Saturn. But one could be made to drop slowly with a parachute and transmit information until the intense pressure of Saturn’s atmosphere crushed it.

The mythology of Saturn is pretty interesting. Saturn is named after the roman lord of the rings. He is the father of Jupiter. Jupiter overthrew Saturn because Saturn devoured his children. He ate them because he knew that one day one of them would take his power. Jupiter had managed to get away.

Like it?
06-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

nice, you could make it sound a bit more proffesional, but other then that, I liked it.

06-08-2006, 08:06 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

Yes. And aren't we a bit past the "Hello my name is" scene?

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

06-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

yeah, I agree. My english teacher said something about that. Just go straight to the point. I think everyone in your class knows your name

06-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: England
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

Your report sucks. Do one on Jupiter instead. Jupiter rocks.
06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

You suck.

06-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: England
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

Heh. I've had a very similar reply in another thread. Must be my face...
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

that's a face?
wow. that changes my whole perspective on life.

what is up? what is down?

06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Your report is good for the most part, but there are a few things I'd like to point out.
:
Right now, I’m going to tell you about its amazing rings. The rings are made up of chunks of ice from as small as dust to as big as cars! There are hundreds upon hundreds of these chunks caught in its gravitational pull. If you happen to see Saturn, get a normal telescope and you might be able to see the rings.
I am not sure if your teacher wants you to base the information in your report on information he/she ahs taught or base it on information you've looked up. Saturn's rings do indeed contain ice, but they also contain gas and dust. The three ingredients together give them their color I believe.
:
Now I’ll tell you about its numerous moons. Did you know, that it has over 50 moons, with some not yet discovered? Its biggest moon, Titan, is VERY cold, and is probably not the best tourist attraction. Titan is even larger than Mercury! It is the only moon in our solar system to have a fully developed atmosphere, weird huh?
I don't disagree with you about the fact of plenty of moons being undiscovered, but if you want to give a bit about the amount of discovered moons, then the number is 34.
:
How about I throw in some interesting facts? Saturn is does not have a ‘surface’ in the sense that the earth does. It would be impossible to land a spacecraft on Saturn. But one could be made to drop slowly with a parachute and transmit information until the intense pressure of Saturn’s atmosphere crushed it.
It is believed today that in ever gas giant, there resides, at the center, a chunk of matter which the atmosphere centers around. I do not know anything about the size of Saturn's core. But I do know that it is believed that Jupiter's core is about the size of Earth.

So yeah, good job. I would agree on making it sound a bit more professional (it will pay off in the end) and to get a few small facts straightened out. But other than that, it's great!

06-08-2006, 03:48 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

My English teacher always said, "Never try to pretend that your report is a conversation." Therefore I advise you to take out the "Now I will tell you about" part. Otherwise, the report is great. It just needs a little polish and a dictionary.

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

How do they know that Saturn has over 50 moons if they haven't been discovered yet?

Other than that, interesting read. So is this an Oral Presentation?

06-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

:
a little polish
yeah, Bilingual reports are the best.
Or bring a Dwarf from Poland. Those are always Extra Cred.
Or you can Revise your Report. which might be a bit more down to eart

06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Godlesswanderer
Naked & Pimping

: Dec 2004
: Essex, England
: 1,183
Godlesswanderer  (22)

When did we start advising people on their homework?

06-11-2006, 06:33 AM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

Since that one time when Big Bro Slig posted his report on Saturn.