View Single Post
02-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

: Aug 2006
: Exquisite Squalor
: 5,657
Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)

I saw Deadpool, it's really entertaining and fun. Not for the kids though! I really can't stress that enough. It seemed like the most violent/"""""Mature""""" Deadpool story I've actually seen, generally I found the character obnoxious, pointless and poorly written when I read the actual Comics.

Great movie though, consistently funny and carefully constructed, considering the budget. There were a ton of silly pokes at the X-Men franchise, only thing it needed was a joke about how Jennifer Lawrence's frumpy rectangle body could never compete with Rebecca Romijn.

If you aren't exhausted by the onslaught of Comic-bookery I recommend watching it. It's pretty darn violent and the action is simultaneously goofy and exciting.

Also, the sixth season of The Venture Brothers has started airing. It's a phenomenal show and the writing is very tight. The way they maintain continuity is fantastic, events from 3 seasons ago are coming back to affect the current plot in a way that feels smooth and intentional. It's easily the best thing Adult Swim ever helped produce. If you haven't started watching it yet, do it. The Venture Brothers is excellent.

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 02-27-2016 at 01:14 PM..