View Single Post
02-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Slog Bait
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2008
: Middle of a desert
: 1,669
Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)Slog Bait  (2520)

The taxi driver was an innocent and it's made clear that Deadpool's advice was what resulted in the driver pulling such a stunt. When talking about what's moral and immoral, the general consensus is doing something purely for personal gain at the cost of others is immoral. The Deadpool movie is a revenge story where Deadpool exacts his revenge by killing, and he was completely comfortable slaughtering countless people on his quest for revenge, whether they were involved in his ordeal or not. That is something that would never be endorsed in any other Marvel story, nor DC, nor Darkhorse, nor any line that tends to focus on super heros, anti heros, and the like.

I know you didn't say the movie was bad, I'm giving you points that counter your statements. I don't believe the movie was at all hypocratic for the reasons I stated. It was a faithful adaptation of the comics and a successful one at that.

It's very rare you'll find any film or story at all where the antagonists aren't painted as deserving of punishment, whether they're actually a Good Guy or not. Marvel's story's usually don't do this, though. It's maybe one out of every 10 antagonists that are non-sympathetic and garbage people. Luckily, Ajax was just as garbage in the movie as he was in the comics.

Also, if the following Deadpool movies remain faithful, he will side with the antagonists at some point, specifically because he was paid to do so. There have been arcs in the comics where he was hired to kill/distract other Marvel heros, and he has killed several innocent people for things as simple as just being annoying. There have also been arcs where at some point he's actually come after Marvel heros with murderous intent because they interfered with his work.

Also also your english is fine, don't worry about it!

Last edited by Slog Bait; 02-19-2016 at 03:30 PM..