View Single Post
02-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Vlam
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2003
: ARG
: 1,239
Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)Vlam  (794)

Slog Bait, I'm not saying the movie is bad. More precisely, here is my point: breaking the fourth wall for the sake of breaking it as a way to make jokes is frivolous, when at the same time he is a "good guy". I will tell you why: first of all, you will never see him with the bad guys. Heroes do the same thing as him by killing or neutralizing the enemy (seeking for revenge is pretty usual). The bad guys in the movie are depicted as garbage so the viewer is like "well, they deserve it" so he is enjoying himself. Same thing for the taxi driver, you're not suppose to like him, he isn't an innocent. Being mercinary isn't immoral: you're paid for doing something (the contract). By the way, you will see the same trick in Tarantino's movies: one character is supposed to be worst than a garbage or nazi, so it's okay for him to be torture and killed (viewers are even laughing out loud).

Finally, a movie with millions of viewers worldwide is mainstream. They will be shocked only if Deadpool killed an innocent and likeable character for no reason.

Sorry for my broken english: I can't write more complex ideas.

Last edited by Vlam; 02-19-2016 at 02:42 PM..