View Single Post
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

How would i go about making a rrrrrrrreally evil, cringe worthy bad guy? The majority of my characters have a dark undercurrent with them, but the bad-bad guys just don't seem overly bad.

I have recently been reading some Harry Potter books, and although i have read better, the way she depicts Draco Malfoy is genious. You really do loathe him with a passion. And that's what i want from some of my characters, but i get the feeling that some of my bad guys are actually likeable. I was wondering if anybody who reads my fics could comment on this. Or maybe somebody who writes fics/reads alot of books could read some of my fics and comment.

On a side note, don't make your characters names too OTT. J.K.Rowling does this appaulingly with certain Wizards names. The main characters names are all really-really good, but the authors of the magical books have crap, silly names. Have serious names, that give a feeling of the character. Some of my characters have weird names, but they fit with them, most of the names are also made up such as -

Elziben Iraxx
Corrack Acrangle
Midian
Amoeba

but they seem to compliment the character they go with.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 07-02-2004 at 12:45 PM..