View Single Post
04-12-2022, 11:52 PM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

:
It never crossed my mind to even consider it close to perfect. My reference point was being good, which I don't find it, at all.
My point was that too many Oddworld fans consider NNT bad because it isn't a perfect remake, and they fail to judge it on its own merits as a result. I think the game itself is far from a bad game - it's not perfect by any means, nor is it better than AO, but it's a decent attempt to remake AO in a 3D engine and it's very playable.

:
i like soulstorm more than NNT. in my brain i just can't care about NNT because it's a 1:1 remake of AO. right? i can't remember if there are differences aside from some quality of life changes and areas no longer being broken up into separate screens. i couldn't ever see myself playing it again because i'd just play AO instead. i prefer how AO plays by a long shot even with the grating shit, like only one mudokon being able to follow you at a time.

soulstorm at least feels like a new game even if it's a retelling of AE's story. i also think it's not a good game by any means. also i'm not sure if i'd ever replay it again either. actually idk what my point was
NNT is forgettable, Soulstorm is bad? I can get behind that.

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)