View Single Post
03-20-2016, 02:29 PM
FennecFyre
Bola Blast

: Feb 2016
: Heck if I know.
: 437
FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)

I guess comparing it to DnD wouldn't be the best description since it won't really be about just fighting monsters and whatnot. I'd just be taking a few mechanics from those kinds of games. To answer STM's question, I'm thinking that players would allocate points to stats/skills/whatever I'm going to call it upon making their character, to determine attributes such as physical strength or mental power--skills you'd need to solve a challenge of some kind. I'd be acting as a sort of dungeon master (though I might have a character of my own) and handling things such as the environment or NPCs, and determining how those entities react to the actions of the player characters. Since I don't think OWF has any kind of dice-rolling plugin, I would probably using something like random.org to roll for people when their character is performing a critical action. That roll's value would be added to whatever stat is being used in that post to determine if they were successful or not.

I'm essentially trying to come up with a way that will cut down on godmodding/powerplaying and add an element of uncertainty to the game, to keep things interesting. I dunno, it may not work.