09-25-2017, 02:45 AM
JtCorscadden
Zappfly

: Apr 2017
: Ireland
: 6
JtCorscadden  (13)

:
Unless Soulstorm introduces time travel or multiverse theory, that's impossible.

NnT -> Soulstorm -> ??? etc. don't happen after the events of Oddysee, Exoddus and Munch. They happen instead of Oddysee, Exoddus and Munch. So because of that it replaces the established lore.

Unless, of course, OWI wants a situation where there is 'old canon' and 'new canon', which is also messy. But both plot lines can't be part of the same canon, that's just ridiculous.
I think what Alex means is, the fact that these new games are separate from the old ones doesn't have to invalidate the old ones. Both timelines are canon in their own universes, but the two timelines are not from the same universe. Imo it'll come down to which one is preferred out of the two to you personally, that you will internalise as the canon one. This way fans of the older series don't have to complain that the new games retcon the old since they are just a completely new story with the same basic setting and characters.

I also think NnT and Oddysee can be freely interchanged, I'm a massive fan of the original and will most likely revisit that one out of the two in anticipation for Soulstorm, obviously Soulstorm/Exodus will be v different and thus it will come down to more than just 'i prefer the atmosphere of Oddysee'