View Single Post
01-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Tired Glutton
Bolamite

: Apr 2012
: England
: 68
Tired Glutton  (50)
Question Anyone still have strong Brexit opinions?

It feels like it's been so long, i remember having very strong remain sympathies and pretty sure i did vote that way but after a time that changed and I'm so indifferent now.

In retrospect my belief for remain actually being good for the UK was more tied to this concept of the EU being 'those blokes who did the human rights act so how could they possibly be bad!!' despite you know.. human rights abuses in the EU and no real effort i know of to improve human rights with people they trade with coughchina... I wasn't just a dedicated remainer tho, generally i just thought the referendum itself was a bad idea cus most people in the UK don't even know how their own fucking system works even on a basic level, i dont mean that to be disparaging or anything cus you know, that was me too and plenty of people i know! So i guess i just defaulted to 'status quo'? But yeah. It's just ridiculous to have thought a population that doesnt get taught as part of the curriculum how to engage in politics to suddenly be able to engage with one of the most esoteric institutions out there.

That's my hot take on the immensely tiring topic of brexit, what's urs? #EducationForTheMassesPlz