View Single Post
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Btw Havoc, there have been a few more chapters since you last posted a reply Dunno if you'd noticed.

IC:
"Hi, welcome to McGlukkies!" Said an over-enthusiastic mudokon burger flipper as Emlech walked through the door of the 'restaurant', looking around disdainfully.
"I'm looking for a friend, a vykker called-"
"Yeah, he told us he was expecting someone!" The mudokon said brightly, "We don't get many vykkers in here; it's pretty weird! Yeah, if you go upstairs he's in the booth in the far corner. Do you want fries with that?"
Emlech stared at the mudokon, who seemed unaware that he had said anything wrong.
"Maybe an Oppel pie?"
With a distainful shake of the head, he started climbing the stairs.
He found the other vykker in the aforementioned corner and joined him, "Good of you to pick somewhere with some class. I wouldn't like to be seen dead in this scam-hole!"
"Exactly," Muttered Krik, "The people watching me won't expect me to come in here, let alone to meet anyone here."
"You really are in some trouble, aren't you?" Emlech asked witheringly. "That's what I always remembered you for, putting yourself in the firing line, going around looking for trouble-"
"Alright, alright. We all have out own ways of doing things."
Emlech sniffed, "I'm not here to chat."
Krik nodded and pulled a thin card file out of the doctor's bag under the table. "Here."
Emlech took it, flicked it open and started reading. His eyes failed to betray the fact that the medical file he was holding compromised both his security and his safety. "How did you find it?"
"That vykker at Rupture Farms knows all the old tricks. He's as predictable as a Rumor Kontrol report."
Emlech nodded absently.
"Look," Krik went on, "I'm not stupid, and I know how much danger this puts you in. I'm not going to blackmail you; this was my work and I'm eager to see how it turns out."
"Perhaps it is about time I paid Director Arnie a visit."
Emlech made to stand. Krik threw out a hand to stop him. "I want a favour."
Emlech gave him a steely look. "Blackmail?"
Krik snorted, "Hardly. You can call it repayment. I told you about this, didn't steal the mud for myself or try and use it against you. I want something in return."
Emlech nodded, reluctantly.
Krik smiled, "The Cartel have me by the throat because of an experiment I and some others were performing for a contractor. The result of that work is a mudokon in Rupture Farms and as long as she's alive, they can call me to their every whim. Whenever I go to Rupture Farms they know, so if I was to take care of her..." He waved a claw in front of his neck.
"You want me to kill it for you?" Emlech asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Not quite. I want you to take me with you to Rupture Farms, as your assistant or something. Then I can deal with the mudokon and leave with you and no one will ever know I was there."
Emlech nodded, "Sounds fair. Give me some time to think up my own plans for my visit and I'll give you a call." He picked up Anni's medical file and strode back down the stairs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jim also head the voices and nodded, "Uh yeah, slig's don't really agree with my system," He said nervously. "Not much I can do about it. Um, maybe we should look somewhere else? She might be in the cafeteria or something."

ooc: I'm gonna wait some more before posting as Anni, cus I don't really see a way of involving her in the conversation.

Last edited by Splat; 01-19-2010 at 03:06 PM..